Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how can i stop doing this when i sleep?

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

alright this is driving me nuts! its been going on for a couple of months now like 2 ,3or so and it will be when im sleeping like is the alarm goes off at 5:35am for me to wake for school. i'll turn the alarm off wash my face and grab what i see to wear do my hair and everything next thing i know the alarm is ringing again and i turn it off here's the thing its 6:20am and im barely getting up! and everything i thought i just did wash my teeth do my hair! none of it is done and im late for school! this has happened about 5 times in the last month and its realy annoying because it feels so, real. And then i do everything i was just dreaming and not only in this ocassion does it happens it happens when im watching t.v and thinking about doing something turns out i was asleep when im in school if i fall asleep in class bell rings ill get up and leave and see certain friends and when i wake up everyone left and everything i dreamed happened happens, but only because it was suppose to and i dont know what to do about that. i know i made it sound like i sleep alot i dont. but lately thats been going on and boy does it confuse my head! anyone have been trhough this b4?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InnerSpace

• Aubrienne_Ellyrias

• eight bits

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your report about the morning is a classic "false awakening," a vivid dream that you are awake (in some ways, the "opposite" of a lucid dream). It is also not unusual for false awakenings to be recurrent.

I think you know what you have to do, based on

i know i made it sound like i sleep alot i dont.

Then you ought to. Human sleep requirements, while individual, are strongly inverse to age. Newborns spend a vast amount of time sleeping, some very old people get by fine on two hours, possibly divided into two sessions a day. Exactly why sleep requirements vary that way is unknown, but it is tempting to relate it to the demands of brain plasticity.

"Eight hours" is a rough average figure for fully formed adults. From your avatar and references to school, I guess that you are a late adolescent or a very young adult (whatever the difference between those two might be, if any). Nine hours is a much better guess than eight for that age.

Sleep is a requirement, not a luxury. If you need nine hours, then nine hours you will get. If you are not making adequate provision for sleep in your daily "schedule," then your mind will do what is necessary to get what she needs. If that means keeping you in bed in the morning with the hallucination that you are already doing what you think "needs to be done instead," than hallucinations it shall be.

And your mind is right. You have been late, and then slept through class, and yet you live to tell the tale. This why Jung calls this aspect of yourself "the objective mind." She sees through the BS, and does what is really needed.

If you really do want to get up at 5:30, then go to bed at 8:30 or so the night before. It's really that simple.

Edited by eight bits

alright this is driving me nuts! its been going on for a couple of months now like 2 ,3or so and it will be when im sleeping like is the alarm goes off at 5:35am for me to wake for school. i'll turn the alarm off wash my face and grab what i see to wear do my hair and everything next thing i know the alarm is ringing again and i turn it off here's the thing its 6:20am and im barely getting up! and everything i thought i just did wash my teeth do my hair! none of it is done and im late for school! this has happened about 5 times in the last month and its realy annoying because it feels so, real. And then i do everything i was just dreaming and not only in this ocassion does it happens it happens when im watching t.v and thinking about doing something turns out i was asleep when im in school if i fall asleep in class bell rings ill get up and leave and see certain friends and when i wake up everyone left and everything i dreamed happened happens, but only because it was suppose to and i dont know what to do about that. i know i made it sound like i sleep alot i dont. but lately thats been going on and boy does it confuse my head! anyone have been trhough this b4?

Hi LS. :) Do you sleep next to an 'electric' alarm clock, and is it a radio alarm clock? There is a term known as "dirty electricity", which are power surges that emit low frequency electromagnetic fields. The fields induce weak electric currents in humans and animals, and can interrupt your normal sleep/waking cycle. Source

If you do sleep next to any electrical devices I would recommend moving them away from your head area by at least 5 feet. I put my electric alarm clock on the other side of the room, because I discovered that sleeping close to it caused me to have strange and vivid dreams. I've also experienced what you described in your OP. Hope this helps.

http://www.dirtyelectricity.org/electrical-pollution.shtml

EB gave some sound advise. :tu: We are a sleep deprived world.

Kind regards,

~V

edited to add another souce

Edited by Inner Space