Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1991 crop circle commnication

Universal Absurdity

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Universal Absurdity

• Loonboy

• Chauncy

• Scorpius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why don't they just make a phone call?

Just imagine the roaming charges from the Crab Nebula.. tongue.gif

Maybe.... you know reception after you get out of the Milky Way is just terrible.

If it is intended to be seen by humans, as Chauncy suggests, why not try to communicate using a means humans are actually familiar with? It must not be urgent, you'd think aliens would be smart enough to at least come up with a halfway decent form of sign language. If they want us to know they're here, why not just show themselves? You know, show up in Times Square on New Year's Eve and wave to the nice people, "hey, we're here, sorry about all the anal probes, Andy just tries to be funny." I have a hard time believing these are extraterrestrials announcing their presence, I think if they were announcing they'd arrived they'd be using more concrete means.

Of course, maybe all their skill lies in building ships that can go faster than light speed. Communication and common sense, not really strong points with our Martian friends.

As for some secret government project... it wouldn't be the first time billions of dollars were spent on a really cool way to waste time.

ok, as much as i've argued this topic, i dont think i've made myself quite look like a nut. to some i may be about to do just that.

it is a possibility that circles and formations in crops are created by extra-terrestrials trying to convey a message to the public. a message that the governments of the world do not want us to know. could they be trying to share the knowledge of their technology through simple images, in the hopes that someone out of the masses may comprehend it?

could that be the reason that the majority of the media is so quick to 'debunk' the formations, dub them as hoaxes, and exploit those who claim to have made them?

here's the part where i'm going to make myself look insane, but it seems to be the simplest explanation for some crop formations Click Here.

i looked through quite a bit of 'interpretations' and as i said earlier there are religious nuts ranting on and on about crop formations, and there are just plain nuts rainting about crop formations. the guy in the above site dosent fall into either category. he just seemed a little p***ed which i can understand....

oh my, oh my, what a gem i've found today

"On Tuesday 21st August 2001 two new crop formations were reported near Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire, UK. Both were very impressive looking and consisted of a large number of small 'pixels', which when viewed from the air formed a recognisable shape - unlike many other crop formations.

One represented a 'human face' and the other resembled a radio transmission that SETI (the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) sent from the Arecibo radio telescope in 1974. This latter formation will be examined in this article, in which I hope to not only describe and explain the original transmission, but also to examine and decode a number of significant changes occurring in the crop formation.

After speaking to witnesses, it would appear that the 'Arecibo' formation was created on August 20th. Although I could roughly make out the binary pattern of the formation from aerial photographs, some aspects were not quite clear enough to discern individual 'digits'. Therefore I visited both formations myself (they are about 200m apart in the same field) on Saturday 25th August 2001."

Cropc Crcle research Full Article on Arecibo Formation

it is quite a compelling argument for a direct message to us from extra-terrestrials.

user posted imageOriginal message sent from SETI in 1974 and the

apparent reply from extra-terrestrials in 2001

it seems a bit too good to be true, and i wonder why seti isnt jumping up and down about this. could it be because of hoaxers, this seemingly valid formation has just been overlooked, and passed off as nothing more than a hoax? or could it be the governments of the world supresing information to keep their secret?

whatever it is, the formation is remarkable. hoax or genuine, an awful lot of thought went into this formation. not to mention a LOT of decoding.

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

this seemingly valid formation has just been overlooked, and passed off as nothing more than a hoax?

Your right it was passed off as such in the media directed to induce apathy.The leaders of our culture are well aware of the message, hence the voracity of space programs around the world.

You have absolutely hit the nail on the head with that post!!!

That message I believe is in response to Voyager signal.

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

user posted image

That message I believe is in response to Voyager signal.

Actually the response was to a radio transmission sent from earth in 1974. the voyager craft has a plaque on it, and sends beeps out into space. its more like a beacon designed to attract attention, so that it would be noticed and picked up by any extraterrestrial in its vicinity.

Actually the response was to a radio transmission sent from earth in 1974

So the time interval between earth message sent, and the returned reply could be an indication of what we're dealing with.

A number would be nice here, as to indicate how far the signal would have traveled from its sent date from earth. This would give us an idea as to where to look for the responder. Assuming that their reply was given immediately after recieving ours.

If it is a direct reply, which it certainly appears to be, then we could then assume that the other formations are in response to further messages. The sender (us) would then know what the formations were saying because they have their sent message to refer to.

An investigation into what type of messages are being sent by SETI would then give us the primer we need.

If this is the case then the formations would then take on the appearance of an interstellar conversation as apposed to continual not yet understood messages.

user posted image

user posted image

So do we all agree that there is something fishy going on and the possibility that non-hoaxed crop circles are of extraterrestrial origin?

The above evidence that UniversalAbsurdity had presented to us, would be considered as incriminating evidence to support that extraterrestrials are indeed out there trying to communicate to us, no matter how strange their form of communication is.

Why Crop Circles?...

Actually if you think about it, this type of communication would seem to be the most non-hostile public way to demonstrate their existance and their persistence in communication.

If these aliens communicated in a different form such as in the form of laser technology via satellite, then only those who had satellites would be aware of the communication. This would exclude billions of other people who do not have it. However, with the form of crop circles, it's a very public way to communicate to people and would not exclude anybody. (Trying to understand why they would commicate using crop circles tongue.gif ).

I had a poll done that asked people what they would do if they found out aliens existed and would come to earth. Some said they would run chaos and participate in crimes as if doomsday would arrive. whistling2.gif

If these aliens communicated in a different form such as in the form of laser technology via satellite, then only those who had satellites would be aware of the communication. This would exclude billions of other people who do not have it. However, with the form of crop circles, it's a very public way to communicate to people and would not exclude anybody

The fact the messages are publicly viewed seems contrary to what our established leaders would want. So the alien message may be in defiance of such suppression.

Perhaps these crop circles aren't meant to say anything at all. Maybe their just meant to p*** us off. Everyone who belives in extraterrestials either thinks aliens are trying to help us or conspiring against us. What if there just having a laugh? Making stange patterns that people will argue over on message boards for eternity; abducting some poor sole who nobody's going to believe; zooming past mexican pilots, giving them the finger... Who knows....

Well the images presented in the link - the capacitor etc - are all ideas known already by humans. And as such, there is still the possibility of hoaxing. Now if there were to appear a design or circle which was at the time it was made featured something humans didn't know, then I'd be more inclined to believe the circles were being created by something more advanced than we. So far they seem to be reiterations of things already known or pretty patterns.

If I am to understand the argument you're presenting, you're saying that the 'aliens' are nudging us in the right direction for ecological reasons and advancement? Well, that's not a new concept and one that appears steadily throughout most abduction reports etc. So why not lump these circles into the mix also?

I'm drawn to remember the book by Whitley Streiber 'Communion' in which he discusses that it is quite possible that the 'aliens' he encountered had an entirely different mental process devoid of emotion. He claimed that they simply didn't understand humans beyond their biological processes - they had no concept of humour or love or fear. I'm inclined to think that aliens would be, well, 'alien' in their ways too, but to not be able to communicate with us except by cropcircles is truly bizarre indeed.

There are much simpler ways.

And the theory propounded above about our governments or secret agencies preventing them communicating with the masses makes little sense to me - aliens with greater technology and greater intellect could easily bypass or eliminate anything in their way without resorting to cryptic messages in fields. dontgetit.gif

Now if there were to appear a design or circle which was at the time it was made featured something humans didn't know, then I'd be more inclined to believe the circles were being created by something more advanced than we

Just how many crop formations are there that we dont understand? Oh, the majority of them...right ...ok

If I am to understand the argument you're presenting, you're saying that the 'aliens' are nudging us in the right direction for ecological reasons and advancement?Well, that's not a new concept and one that appears steadily throughout most abduction reports etc. So why not lump these circles into the mix also?

Well, if you're going to lump these crop formations in the mix, why not whitley streiber's communion as well? have you read whitley streiber's majestic? it seems there is a different story in there. If you're going to argue against 'aliens' making crop formations, then i dont think its wise to use a source that claims there are aliens. That is of corse, unless you believe in aliens. in which case i dont see why you are arguing against 'aliens' creating these formations. especially after i found the article on the Arecibo formation.

There are much simpler ways.

indeed there are simpler ways. but if you're going to believe what you've read by whitley streiber, then it makes perfect sense. the aliens have a treaty with the US government. they deal exclusively with us, they abduct humans from the us (a list of abductees is provided to the government) in exchange for technology. hence the top secret projects, and recent technological advancements. i'm sure that if this is true, crop formations could be 1 of 2 things, 1- no direct contact is allowed by aliens to the general public, so they indirectly attempt communication. or 2) the formations are made by other aliens who do not wish to upset the order which we have here (chaos being one possible result of alien contact) but would like to see us advance, and so, give simple diagrams in hopes that we will get ideas from them.

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

Firstly just because we don't understand what a cropcircle design is intended to convey, does not mean that it conveys anything for us to understand at all. That's a big assumption you're making.

Secondly I do believe that there are indeed aliens out there, and do believe that they have vistited this planet, but I still see no evidence to link them to this phenomenon. Just because there are aliens does not mean therefore that they made the cropcircles. That's another assumption you're making.

Thirdly I did not state that I believed what Whitley Streiber wrote, but that I had read Communion and thought that his theory was relevant to this debate, and that my thoughts on what aliens would be like was akin to his ideas.

the aliens have a treaty with the US government. they deal exclusively with us, they abduct humans from the us (a list of abductees is provided to the government) in exchange for technology. hence the top secret projects, and recent technological advancements. i'm sure that if this is true, crop formations could be 1 of 2 things, 1- no direct contact is allowed by aliens to the general public, so they indirectly attempt communication. or 2) the formations are made by other aliens who do not wish to upset the order which we have here

Lastly, the above... well just more speculation and assumptions. Plus the argument in point 1 of the above still makes no sense - if they abduct us directly, then they clearly have direct contact in which they can communicate.

dontgetit.gif

Crop circles...oh puh-leaze!

I remember seeing some program on the Sci Fi channel and there were all these pyschics and mediums walking around the circles and claiming they feel all these energies and vibrations.... whistling2.gif

They were probably having hot flashes from standing under the sun for so long.... w00t.gif

I am more inclined to believe that this is some sort of natural phenomona. Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise?

Lastly, the above... well just more speculation and assumptions. Plus the argument in point 1 of the above still makes no sense - if they abduct us directly, then they clearly have direct contact in which they can communicate.

Speculations and assumptions, taken from "Majestic" by whitley streiber. i was trying to prove a point, obviously you missed it.

And about the argument in point 1, its not really the option that i would lean towards. It seems to me that the aliens described in communion would be the ones doing the abductions. and therefore would not care to communicate. Re-read point 2

Loonboy, do me a favor and come up with an ideas as to how the unexplained variety of crop formations comes about. untill i get one, i really dont see a point in continuing this very circular argument. Keep in mind all the anomalous features of the unexplained formations.

*just one more thing LB, i havent heard you say anything about the Arecibo formation. i would definetly like your opinion on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cercea, why would a natural phenomenon start around 1970? besides a formation

recorded in 1678, there have not been other reports before 1970.

the only natural phenomenon that could cause crop formations, would be a 'plasma vortex' Chauncy posted a link:

Here's some new information on crop circles.

http://www.earthfiles.com/news/news.cfm?ID...ory=Environment

I dont personally believe the plasma vortex theory, only because no one has ever seen one.

If you would be so kind as to visit page 4 on this thread, there is a very interesting article that i posted, a message sent into space in 1974, got an apparent reply. i hardly think natural phenomenon could have caused it.

it seems a bit too good to be true, and i wonder why seti isnt jumping up and down about this. could it be because of hoaxers, this seemingly valid formation has just been overlooked, and passed off as nothing more than a hoax? or could it be the governments of the world supresing information to keep their secret?

whatever it is, the formation is remarkable. hoax or genuine, an awful lot of thought went into this formation. not to mention a LOT of decoding

Looking at the design in isolation, yes it does look like it could be a reply to the transmission, but once again we are left with questions. Our message was sent out in a radio signal. It would stand to reason to reply to the message by sending a radio signal back to the source, instead of drawing it in crops elsewhere.

I appreciate that there is a great deal about crop circles which is so far unexplained, and I will say that it is possible that the mysterious ones so far unexplained might possibly have an extraterrestrial explanation, but nothing so far links the two ideas. It's speculation. Again.

Speaking of speculations, you say you were trying to prove a point - well I obviously did miss it - please reiterate it.

And I agree this debate is becoming circular - no puns there - but I have enjoyed it, nonetheless.

Edited by Loonboy

Speaking of speculations, you say you were trying to prove a point - well I obviously did miss it - please reiterate it.

speculations by an author in one book (communion), clearly contradict speculations in another (majestic), by the same author. Perhaps they are both just stories, perhaps they really are his experiences. Or maybe he's just a good writer with a good imagination, and a bad memory.

the book by Whitley Streiber 'Communion' in which he discusses that it is quite possible that the 'aliens' he encountered had an entirely different mental process devoid of emotion. He claimed that they simply didn't understand humans beyond their biological processes - they had no concept of humour or love or fear

the aliens have a treaty with the US government. they deal exclusively with us, they abduct humans from the us (a list of abductees is provided to the government) in exchange for technology.
From "Majestic" (not verbatim, i cant find the book at the moment, but, to the best of my knowledge something along those lines is in there). The contradiction comes in streibers descriptions. majestic paints a different picture than communion. Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

blink.gif Crop cirlces for communicating. That does it! I'm tossing my cell phone out the window! Why pay 70$ a month when all I have do to is make lines in grass??!!! ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

• 4 months later...

that could be one of the most interesting things ive read, or actually seen for that matter... that is incredible.. im going to show that to some of my buddies, thanx for that link!!!

i just think crop circles are amazing... i mean, i think some are fake.. but some are real.. and some are telling us something.. we just dont know what they are trying to say!