Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyrokinesis

I will start by telling you of my progress. I can heat stuff up enough to burn. But I usually only do the air around me since I can't send it long. I am working on sending it but no results yet. Well I only tried once. Just about 30 minutes ago I tried something else for the first time. Turning off a light. I used a lighter. I made sure I couldn't blow it out with my nose or mouth and my hand was too far away to even effect it. And I made it go out 4x in a row. So I plan to work more on that. I would like to hear others progress as well.

By the way I would like ideas to have a test I can't put it under a bowl or something because it would go out. And I do not know when I would even bring out a video. I want the ideas to practice. And when I can do them I promise a video with no edits at all and I will do the best of my ability to show you. And like you did with Heartagram please don't set a date.

Please note that this opinion on pyrokinesis is unable to be changed.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you go to xmen academy quickly before you hurt the public at large. Your compliance is appreciated.

Of course you wont give a date.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

What dude. Stop joking around. I won't give a date cause compared to others I suck at it. I am trying to practice first so I can then get it done. The second I can do it I wont give a date by the time I will finish I will immediately record it. And trust me if I do gain worthwhile powers I will make it known unless I feel the need to not.

And by the need to not I mean danger if I do.

I will start by telling you of my progress. I can heat stuff up enough to burn. But I usually only do the air around me since I can't send it long. I am working on sending it but no results yet. Well I only tried once. Just about 30 minutes ago I tried something else for the first time. Turning off a light. I used a lighter. I made sure I couldn't blow it out with my nose or mouth and my hand was too far away to even effect it. And I made it go out 4x in a row. So I plan to work more on that. I would like to hear others progress as well.

By the way I would like ideas to have a test I can't put it under a bowl or something because it would go out. And I do not know when I would even bring out a video. I want the ideas to practice. And when I can do them I promise a video with no edits at all and I will do the best of my ability to show you. And like you did with Heartagram please don't set a date.

You know, I just can't help but chuckle at these sort of posts. You say you can burn things yet you're not good enough to make a video? If you can actually burn things with your mind, you're better than any human ever at pyrokinesis, so you should hurry up and make a video.

But... I think we'll have to define "burn" here ;)

It should be simple enough to grab a clear glass or bowl, fill it with water, then put a thermometer in it.

Now film yourself heating up water, possibly even to a boil.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Now, Tom, hot water is dangerous.

Perhaps the following. Take a bowl of water, and throw in some ice cubes. Put a thermometer in. The whole mess comes to thermal equilibrium at zero Celsius, and will stay there until the ice cubes melt.

Turn on camera. Linger lovingly on the thermometer, so that your audience can see that it really is in thermal equilibrium at zero. Heat up the thermometer bulb or probe with your mind. Show thermometer at one Celsius, surrounded by plenty of ice cubes.

Profit.

Now, Tom, hot water is dangerous.

Perhaps the following. Take a bowl of water, and throw in some ice cubes. Put a thermometer in. The whole mess comes to thermal equilibrium at zero Celsius, and will stay there until the ice cubes melt.

Turn on camera. Linger lovingly on the thermometer, so that your audience can see that it really is in thermal equilibrium at zero. Heat up the thermometer bulb or probe with your mind. Show thermometer at one Celsius, surrounded by plenty of ice cubes.

Profit.

If one were to fake a video such as this by trying to boil the water in a microwave, then yes it could be dangerous.

So, I will not argue that.

Your idea is well formulated, and a lot less dangerous. :tu:

Oh wow torch. Good for you. However, like in the case of heartagram, I suggest you don't bother to make a video. Because there are so many ways to fake it that people will not believe you. They will simply spot the loopholes and tell you to make another one. Don't waste your time.

Edited by Sporkling

Oh wow torch. Good for you. However, like in the case of heartagram, I suggest you don't bother to make a video. Because there are so many ways to fake it that people will not believe you. They will simply spot the loopholes and tell you to make another one. Don't waste your time.

If thats the case, then don't wast your time making silly claims either.

Claims are totally different. Because at least you don't take so long, you don't feel like you done a whole lot of work for nothing, you feel better that you don't waste all your time. Well besides all that, I like claims. But to me they are not claims. I believe every single one of them. I'd rather tell people what I did and have them disbelieve than make a video and have them disbelieve. It is not wasting time. Its getting opinions that count. In posting and making videos you can do that. Get your point across. But you don't get so humiliated if its a post rather than a video. Videos are a dime a dozen at youtube.com.

Edited by Sporkling

Please note that "ignorance is bliss."