Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mary Magdalene's grave found in France?

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Hi to you all,

Just found out that the DVD is on sale now: Bloodline DVD

Also a book, Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar by Ben Hammott whose research some of the Bloodline Doc was based on is out soon: Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar Book

I browsed his web and his book does look interesting so I will probably buy a copy, I have already ordered the DVD so I'll let you know what its like when I have seen it.

Sue

Thanks Sue...

And yes, Welcome to the UM! There are some really great peeps here. Inclusive of Olde time and ValkyrieVoice....

Blessings and Light

• 1 month later...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• OldTimeRadio

• Silmarillion

• keithisco

So they found Magdalenes grave in France, that,s damnned odd!, they found her Ossuary in a tomb in Jerusalem. Travels well dont she.!!

So they found Magdalenes grave in France, that,s damnned odd!, they found her Ossuary in a tomb in Jerusalem. Travels well dont she.!!

I don't have a dog in this particular fight but you seem to be ignoring fact that that saints' skeletal remains were often, or even more commonly than not, preserved in more than one location.

Sometimes skeletons were moved entire and the original coffin, ossuary, whatever remained an intem of veneration.

As you probably know, all Roman Catholic altars contain a small relic of a saint. (Or at least they did during my pre-Vatican II childhood!) It's usually a tiny sliver of bone although I think a few threads of clothing worn by the saint will also suffice.

One saint can supply enough relics for thousands of churches on three or four continents.

So that saint is surely well-traveled!

I don't have a dog in this particular fight but you seem to be ignoring fact that that saints' skeletal remains were often, or even more commonly than not, preserved in more than one location.

Sometimes skeletons were moved entire and the original coffin, ossuary, whatever remained an intem of veneration.

As you probably know, all Roman Catholic altars contain a small relic of a saint. (Or at least they did during my pre-Vatican II childhood!) It's usually a tiny sliver of bone although I think a few threads of clothing worn by the saint will also suffice.

One saint can supply enough relics for thousands of churches on three or four continents.

thats right religious relics are very numerous and with my introductory offer of 50% price reduction you could shortly be the proud and pious owner of the following :-

sliver of wood from the true cross $9.99

Copy of beastiality weekly magazine previously owned by St Francis of Assisi (with his notes in the margin) $9.99

Joan of Arcs breasts $49.99 (slightly smoke damaged)

small 1cm x 1cm piece of the real shroud of Turin $39.99 (buy in bulk for major savings, boxes of 1000 available)

Veil of veronica $39.99

Heart of St. Adrian (pickled in alcohol) $199.99

Handkerchief of Veronica (used) 99c

wrath of God (liquid 50ml) $99.99

sanitary towel of Veronica (used) special collectors item $999.99

fingerbone of our lord Jesus Christ $99.99 (sold in box of ten)

each of these holy sacred relics comes with a certificate of authenticity issued by the Bishop of Middlesex

:tu:

Edited by legionromanes

If it was found to be truely hers... it would be a great find.... You have to keep in mind that the producer/investigator although a searcher.... is still "trying to mkae a movie" .... Hype? Who knows... but these days... who really knows. We can at least hope!

Hi honey... how are you?

QUOTE (Геро

@ May 13 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This isnt the tomb of mary magdalene, it is an intact Knights Templar tomb (1999) which is (excuse the pun) the holy grail of this particular find.

article 1

article with film clip

article with extra clips

All details are to be released in a Documentary film Bloodline later this year (2008)

Anybody else notice some peculiar differences between the movie in link 2 and the pic in link 3. :huh:

Pardon, legionromanes, but if St. Odolpho of Reims dies in 1327 AD and the Church spends the next 800 years doling out tiny fragments of his skeleton to churches around the world, those would seem to be genuine relics (for whatever that's worth) rather than the fake ones you describe.

[but the bone fragments may be a lot older than that. There's still thousands of bones left from early Christians who died in the Roman Colosseum.]

I do appoligise for not having more info...thats why my post is ASKING if anyone here heard anything...

All i know is on the news this morning there was a quick mention about it and I didnt catch the mans name that is doing the documentary on it.....

So far I'll take my answers as no then?

Yes I have. A man named Ben Hammott was on Nightline some months ago.While doing some investigating around Rennes Le Chateau, he and his team discovered some bottles with messages written in them. Supposedly the writing was by Father Sauniere, who found some scrolls and wound up with a lot of money back in the late 19th century,dying sometime in the 1900s.

By following the clues in the writing, they came upon a cave,and this tomb.If you go to www.benhammott.com,

you can see photos of the inside of this tomb, with the body covered with a Templar cloth as well as old chests,goblets,etc.

Thanks honey...

That was the orig pic I had found too with the shroud over the casket thing..... but didnt know about the found bottles that led them to that cave... Thats very interesting.

Do you know if they ever posted or released what the nootes in the bottles were , how they put two and two together to find the cave?

I'll do a google on the Father and see if it comes up there too.....I havent heard much ado with this lately and still havent seen the movie around here at all sadly. And check out Hammonds site again... perhaps they have updates I havent seen yet. :)

Thanks again....

Blessings

After reading the posts on the 'Magdalen Tomb' I did some web browsing and was interested enough to buy Ben Hammott's book, Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar Of course like many others I was skeptical as to what he had found and who it was in the tomb, A Templar Knight, Mary Magdalene or some other person that the Templars may have thought important enough to bury or hide in such a manner.

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by Hammott's book, it is a lot better than I thought it would be. I am about two thirds through and so far he hasn't actually stated who the identity of the body is, he just throws out a few suggestions as to who it might be, I think the Bloodline movie people jumped on the Magdalene suggestion and ran with it, as there are legends in the area around Rennes-le-Chateau that she came to the area and is buried in a secret tomb there.

I have done a little research into Sauniere, the priest who his clues in his church as to where the secret was hidden, it was these clues that Hammott about 100 years later solved, and perhaps maybe the body of someone important could be part of the secret Sauniere found, that incidentally he was led to by a parchment he found in his church left by a previous priest, so Sauniere seems to have carried on the tradition of hiding this secret in the church.

As Hammott suggests in his book, the tomb could be a cache of items quickly hidden when the French King turned against them ad arrested most of them. If Phillipe the Fair hadn't been so thorough in his quest to stamp out the Templars maybe they would have returned to move the Tomb stuff to a more suitable location.

As I have said, I think it is a great book and am very glad I decided to buy it as I was not going to bother.

The way the book is written certainly gives the reader the feeling that he is sharing in Ben's adventure as he explores the Rennes-le-Chateau landscape as he unravels the priest's clues. He also goes underground to explore old mines and tunnels.

There is also quite a lot of humor in the book and I found myself laughing out loud on more than one occasion. A very interesting and entertaining read and I think Ben has got the balance right between his exploits and adventures and his meetings with experts to verify or dismiss the authenticity of his discoveries.

It is a thick book with 687 pages and hundreds of images, I really cannot fault it and recommend it to all. I do not think you will be disappointed even if you do not agree with Hammott's research.

You can find out more about Ben's book from his website Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar

You can read the first chapter here: Lost Tomb of the Knights Templar Chapter 1

Read about his research here: Ben Hammott Research and Discoveries

Simon

Simon,

The way i look at it.... anything which enlightens us, educates us or opens us up to knowledge we didnt have before is a good thing. The more pieces of the puzzle we have, the more the over all picture develops and becomes clearer.

My hop is that the nay sayers finally "get to see".

Thank you for sharing

Blessings

• 4 weeks later...

To throw in my own two pennies...

As a person interested in the RlC mystery for over 8 years, I've bought Hammott's book and am now almost done reading this massive 688-page work. At first I was quite sceptical, thinking the alleged findings are just too good to be true. No one before, at least according to my knowledge, has come up with

such long-distanced claims as this one. Hammott and the Bloodline team claimed to have found secret messages left by Sauniere + a chest containing ancient artefacts + the TOMB.

The main question ofcourse is - whether the whole thing is or is not a minutely prepared hoax. I myself don't think it is. Judging by sheer amount of photographic, historiographic and documentary material, this would have to be one of the greatest hoaxes I've seen to date. Plus, the author would certainly find a much more profitable topic to earn his revenues from than the RlC mystery, which is, to say the least not the mainstream even in the mystery-seekers community. (And Dan Brown did not really manage to change that). Futhermore, Hammot does not try the much used by many researchers caballistic or numerologic approach - he does not try to over complicate things and every time he is not sure of something, he just says so, without that pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo. Again, the verification of the findings (carbon dating, assessments by world's known experts and institutions, all quoted) in my opinion have ability to verify them.

The author actually explains how decyphering certain clues in Sauniere's church led him to find the first bottled message, and the subsequent three, a key and a chest. I don't think there's really a reason to believe, he made it all up. I know, the other RlC researches were and still are very sceptical, and you could see a campaign of "burying down" Hammott's discoveries as deliberate hoaxes (which strangely ceased after the book was published!). But everything the critics has been building their views upon were shoots from Bloodline movie (poor quality, very selective) and, believe me, they are nothing compared to the ones in the book. "Bloodline" is a film by Bruce Burgess not Ben Hammott and it's not perfect (sometimes annoying Cloak-and-Dagger - ism etc) so there is no point in discrediting the latter's finds just on the basis of an imperfect movie. Anyway, anything the sceptics have been pointing out after having seen "Bloodline" has been clearly explained in Ben's book.

Now the book's out. No one seems to be discrediting the author or his finds anymore (which is again very interesting a thing to notice).

Knowing, what implications would the finds have to the Church and humanity, if proven true, this could be the biggest discovery in history. It sounds big, and I'm sure things big like this one are likely to be hushed up by certain organizations.

Hammott has what it takes to be a good writer. I believe the "LTotKT" to be his first book. It has it's funny moments and yet remains very serious when it comes to the leading subject and the finds.

I enjoyed the book very much, getting through it in a couple of evenings. I recommend it to anyone interested in world's mysteries, even if they're not into the Rennes-le-Chateau affair.

We're now waiting for the excavation of the TOMB take place in 08/09 season by French authority, the DRAC. Those would undoubtedly prove the Hammott discovery to be true.

I can't wait for that to happen.

Greetings from Poland

• 2 months later...

Considering the source of the article is Cinema Libre Studio I wonder how valid their claims are. They are a company that makes documentaries for profit. It was also not a journalistic article but a press release by Cinema Libre Studio.

http://www.cinemalibrestudio.com/

[/quote

ive heard of Cinema Libre Studios. They have the same vibe as Haxan Films, the makers of The Blair Witch Project ( which is horsehockey, because I grew up around there, and its all fake except for the Griggs House at the end of the film)

:ph34r: Yeah,Ben Hammott has photos on his website. I don't think the tomb is a hoax necessarily. I understand there are many caves in the area.

Around the San Antonio area, they sometimes come upon caves in the limestone rock. A few of these are only dscovered north of town, when they start building new homes in the area. And you can drive around here like on Loop 337 which goes around New Braunfels and runs into Texas Highway 46 which heads south to Seguin,etc. I know of one cave on Loop 337 which is visible right from the road.I don't think anyone has gone in it to my knowledge.

This tomb has probably been there for who knows how long. I don't know what any DNA results were. But I think they need to get an expedition from like the British Museum,etc. and investigate this cave tomb.Of course, the roof etc. might have to be shored up for safety.I have not read his book or seen the movie. But I did see about it on Nightline when Ben was on it.

the knights templar may have adopted the symbol?

The skull and bones. it appears on Templar graves and tombs. One of the allegations against the templars was that they worshipped a 'head'. The Cathars were also reputed to have a 'head' in their possession. Some writers on this topic claim that the templar 'head' came to them from the Cathars and the Cathars got it from the earlier Merovingians. One theory claims that Saunier found this 'head'.

The skull and bones. it appears on Templar graves and tombs. One of the allegations against the templars was that they worshipped a 'head'. The Cathars were also reputed to have a 'head' in their possession. Some writers on this topic claim that the templar 'head' came to them from the Cathars and the Cathars got it from the earlier Merovingians. One theory claims that Saunier found this 'head'.

Oh, for heaven's sake, get your fringe story straight! ;)

The surviving Knights Templar went back to find the remains of Jacques de Molay and all they could find was his skull and femurs. That's where the skull and crossbones bit comes from. I mean, it's all bunk, but one should strive to get their bunk in order and sourced. There are already far too many fringers who don't even know they're vicious plagiarisers!

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph

Oh, for heaven's sake, get your fringe story straight! ;)

The surviving Knights Templar went back to find the remains of Jacques de Molay and all they could find was his skull and femurs. That's where the skull and crossbones bit comes from. I mean, it's all bunk, but one should strive to get their bunk in order and sourced. There are already far too many fringers who don't even know they're vicious plagiarisers!

--Jaylemurph

apparently the Templars called the 'head' they were alleged to have worshipped, ''baphomet'' . Here's the whole story - http://www.templarhistory.com/head.html

apparently the Templars called the 'head' they were alleged to have worshipped, ''baphomet'' . Here's the whole story - http://www.templarhistory.com/head.html

I should have been clearer; I wasn't suggesting there wasn't a head, just that the head wasn't the origin of the skull and crossbones.

Not that I think the Templars were the origin on the skull and crossbones, either, mind.

--Jaylemurph

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry, couldn't read 7 pages. But I saw Da Vinci code few days ago. I wonder,

Is grave of Mary Mgdalene really beneath a crystal pyramid in Paris, as the film says?

Why people didn't try to digg there and find it?

Edited by dado1

:rofl: There is a crystal pyramind in Paris, I think it is by the famous Loevre Museum, but the actually tomb of St.Mary Magdalene is somewhere else in France.I saw something on 20/20 about Mary Magdalen, and they showed her tomb. It is also a place of pilgramage to the Gypsies, who also honor St.Sarah, who was said to be St. Mary Magdalen's servant. They asked an old gypsy woman about this business of Mary Magdalene being the wife of Jesus,

and she told them in French that it was nonsense.

There is some thought that the bearded head was that of A. John the Baptist, or B. That of the shroud, which was folded in such a way that only the head of Jesus was showing. Colin Wilson wrote a book about the Holy Shroud of Turin, but I can't recall the title right now.