Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pictures from my basement Investigation

Guardian Angel of Fire

It was the very night those elders came to my house and blessed it.. after the green orb, that was it. End of it.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guardian Angel of Fire

• JustNormal

• Radian

• NoahJaymes

the strange thing is this blue orb thats appeared in my pictures, i totally forgot about this till now (not making it up), but i was walking down the stairs and when i turned to look at the basement and went to flip on the switch, before i reached out for the switch, i saw this blue blur move across the room and into a wall quickly and dissapear, it was up floating, it wasnt a figure but it seemed it had round shape to it, but it had moved fast.

Can you give us some background on this investigation? Why were you investigating? Was there reports of anything in particular? Where is it? (Be general).

Orbs are dust. Unless you see it with the naked eye, and it emits it's own light, it's dust. Colored orbs are results of the material the orbs are made of (colored lint for example) and light reflection (prismatic effects and light reflection).

I think it's cool you are interested in this stuff too. Ghost Hunters (TAPS) has inspired lots of this stuff. Just don't fall for the "everything is haunted" deal like oh so many people do. And don't believe all you hear from self proclaimed experts. Like, "I have a spirit portal in my shoe", or "My commode is haunted by a smelly ghost". It REALLY gets old, the whole clairvoyant, psychic, "Ohhh, I have a feeling" crowd, and their rash of demonic possessions.

So be safe, be sensible, and be scientific!

Orb photos are some of the worst evidence for spirit activity there is, as they are so easily dismissed as dust, reflections, refractions, etc.

Personally, I've never seen one that couldn't be explained away, so I tend to ignore them entirely.

I think most people do for the same reasons.

Orb photos are some of the worst evidence for spirit activity there is, as they are so easily dismissed as dust, reflections, refractions, etc.

Personally, I've never seen one that couldn't be explained away, so I tend to ignore them entirely.

Hell, I can create them. It's easy by the beach at night, with the humidity, salty air, and sand, not to mention the bugs that are all over just off the beach. I took my kids to a cemetery and created some "mist" and some "orbs". The orbs I created are INDISTINGUISHABLE from the ones posted all over the web of so called spirits, and of multiple colors to boot. Even under scrutiny and magnification, these pics are EXACTLY like any orb pic on the web.

Careful, you are bashing the hopes and dreams of orbists alike :P

I agree, orbs are nothing. How can you accept them REGARDLESS if you can recreate them using naturalistic variables.

"MOST" Paranormal Teams as well as TAPS ( AKA Ghost Hunters ) in the U.S. and across the Pond all state that ORBS ARE NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PROCLAIM IT TO BE SPIRITUAL OR PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. I attended an event at Houghton Mansion where Jason and Grant themselves stated Orbs can be anything from Dust, to bugs flying in front of the Infrared giving the illusion of a light source flying on its own. They could also be light reflections, lens flare etc; TAPS have even stated it on their TV show because they were embarrassed one of their TAPS Family Members who got them a case was debunked due to the cause of it being dust. The guy who had claims of an apparition on a photograph proved to be nothing more than dust particles falling from the cracks of the attic floor. Therefore causing what you call image matrixing. When an orb is captured by a video camera or digital camera its going to change the shape and color of the object because of the Infrared technology built in the camera. When you change the coloring with photoshop or paint, all you are doing is pixelizing it and making it worse causing it to be more fuzzy and changing the shape more. This is also why you don't see TAPS present photographs on their show. Orbs are not conclusive enough evidence to proclaim it to be a spirit or a ghost.

The only slight possibility would be having a personal Paranormal Experience and then capturing a light anomaly on camera along with your experience which is rare to do. Because it happens so fast most people do not have time to capture an experience as they happen quickly.

That is a statement given by a team who has a ton of credibility and experience and if you shoot them down, then... I feel sorry for you. :D

Edited by Pluto-x

It was the very night those elders came to my house and blessed it.. after the green orb, that was it. End of it.

WOW That must have been a very good sign... :tu:

Maybe it was-

I remain positive. :tu:

Maybe it was-

I think it was, after all, your problems are now gone..Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh... :sk:su:st:cry:

That's true. I haven't had anything (like that) since then. What little things I've had doesn't even compare..

That's true. I haven't had anything (like that) since then. What little things I've had doesn't even compare..

That is great, same here, but I am not afraid anymore and nothing surprises me. I think we come to accept what it was, we dealt with it, got rid of it/them and live with the aftermath. We ROCK LOL..JN

Can you give us some background on this investigation? Why were you investigating? Was there reports of anything in particular? Where is it? (Be general).

Orbs are dust. Unless you see it with the naked eye, and it emits it's own light, it's dust. Colored orbs are results of the material the orbs are made of (colored lint for example) and light reflection (prismatic effects and light reflection).

I think it's cool you are interested in this stuff too. Ghost Hunters (TAPS) has inspired lots of this stuff. Just don't fall for the "everything is haunted" deal like oh so many people do. And don't believe all you hear from self proclaimed experts. Like, "I have a spirit portal in my shoe", or "My commode is haunted by a smelly ghost". It REALLY gets old, the whole clairvoyant, psychic, "Ohhh, I have a feeling" crowd, and their rash of demonic possessions.

So be safe, be sensible, and be scientific!

Yea it's hard to tell spiritual activity from dust and bugs and moisture, but sometimes it's there and we over look it and just dismiss it as dust because we see more dust as well.

Me and a friend of mine were investigating my basement because i told him of some of the things i've heard and had happen to me in my basement. So when we did we got some EVP's from it and were amazed at the EVP's we got. So i was talking to three of my other friends telling them same events i had happen to me, and showed them some of the EVP's we got from me and my other friend. So we were doing another investigation to see if we got similar responses or something different this time. I'm still listening to the EVP's to see what we got so far. First time i only had my camera and MP3 recorder. Nothing turned up on the camera, we watched the whole thing and nothing, i'm thinking bout going back and relooking it over once more. But i didnt see any dust moving around from the video camera in the basement (the video camera has night vision on it, and we had a couple flashlights.) But nothing on camera. Before the second investigation i was going downstairs once to get on my computer and i was talking to my dad, i turned to the basement living room to flip on the lights and i saw something small and blue (floating) move swiftly across the room, past my dads old record player and through a wall, i was a little creeped for a moment but turned on the light thinking it might just be me, my eyes decieving me. A couple weeks later after that event, me, my two male buddies, and two female buddies went on the second investigation in my basement, groups were two girls in the back bed room, and three guys in the living room. This time i had a digital camera with me, so to say i'm not sure if i could see anything with my naked eye because i was focused on trying to take the pictures. and thats when i saw a blue orb appear in four different photos, the orb in different places.

Well it wasnt really the greatest time around the second time with the two females because some of the fooling around. So me and my one buddy sometime, just the two, (or with a third guy; my friend from the first one), are going to do a third investigation without the females so we drop the chatter a little bit. I know sometimes laughing helps to keep the feeling down when you get a little frightened, but it was over the top. Anways i wanna see maybe if the blue orb shows up more than once again, or if at all.

We're planning to do it to see maybe if we get similar results or different results or something to happen.

Yea it's hard to tell spiritual activity from dust and bugs and moisture, but sometimes it's there and we over look it and just dismiss it as dust because we see more dust as well.

*SNIP FOR SPACE*.

We're planning to do it to see maybe if we get similar results or different results or something to happen.

What were the EVP's like? Good luck with the orb hunt. I hope you get something other than dust.

Well it wasnt really the greatest time around the second time with the two females because some of the fooling around.

:lol:

What were the EVP's like? Good luck with the orb hunt. I hope you get something other than dust.

instead of me telling you let me try to post them for you hows that? so you can hear them for yourselves.

this ones where i asked it to move the chair, it more sounds like it's pressing keys on the keyboard, now we didnt hear anything like this in person, but later i asked if my chair had moved.

Cant_Move_Chair.wmv

here's the next one, the response is towards the end

Response_I_AM.wmv

Hi Guardian Angel

Thanks for sharing these with us, I've not had chance to read the thread carefully. I'm not an Orbist myself, however, the first thing my eyes were drawn to was the light on the couch.

JN - have gone back over the records of your house to research this John???

Cheers me dears, Reg x

this one was a strange sound, im' not sure what to make out of it

Strange_Sound.wmv

Hi Guardian Angel

Thanks for sharing these with us, I've not had chance to read the thread carefully. I'm not an Orbist myself, however, the first thing my eyes were drawn to was the light on the couch.

JN - have gone back over the records of your house to research this John???

Cheers me dears, Reg x

the orange light or the blue one you also see on the big couch in the back that isnt from any flashlight?

this one my heater had turned on and my friend moved a bit so i told him it's ok it's just the heater but listen very carefuly it's hard to hear when something says "It's Ok" it's super quiet, and then something else responds "Can You Hear Us?"

Turning_on_Heater_and_Responses..wmv