Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pictures from my basement Investigation

Guardian Angel of Fire

- Post removed -

Did they request you sign a release form so they could put the pics up on the site?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guardian Angel of Fire

• JustNormal

• Radian

• NoahJaymes

Well... we need up and coming investigators. I know there are many talented, respectful, and credible as well as experienced groups who should be teaching these up and comers. It means a lot to us investigators that we do not get laughed at in the field when groups are presenting questionable evidence. We are stronger as a community.

I understand your frustrations JN with the team you had investigate your house. However, wouldn't it of been wise to try and call upon another opinion since they left you hanging and not take their word of advice after the way they treated you? Especially since they left you hanging? I would not conclude my opinion if I knew my house was not properly investigated. If it was a young team, and you thought it was a demonic I would of definitely called upon someone with much more experience. Since they left you hanging, I am very surprised at the fact you are taking their word on an investigation that was not properly conducted or followed through with. With that being said, if it were me on that end... I wouldn't take any evidence they captured into consideration if they mistreated you like that.

Hi Matt, There was no time for a second opinion. The activity here was violent and dangerous to put it mildly I had to act fast. So I called a Demonologist and the PI team was here the end of April and the Demonologist was here in May and again in August. They did a thorough investigation and I was totally impressed OMG. I saw things I never want to see again or hear. Then the final fumigation was done in August which was probably the most frightening thing I have ever been thru. In any case the PIs did me wrong after the investigation. I was so vigilant I watched everything they did. They were good people, and recorded, we did a sort of seance and whatever it was at the time only replied to me. We all died automatic writing, then we made the candle dance and things like that. There were investigators and mediums in every room for hours. Its funny cause they couldnt even stand the tub room, and two guys got sick and vomited, but that room didnt bother me. But that is where the Demonic comes and goes (I know that now)..My fear was the bedroom and some crazy stuff happened so I ran out lol..Bottom line, I told them I will NEVER refer them to anyone and I wont, and I know lots of people and haunted areas. It really wasnt the evidence that I relied on, but the experiences while they were here. I guess thats why I am against all this science crap etc..If a place is haunted, everyone knows it. Actually as bad as they were at the end, thank God they came, otherwise Im not sure what would be of me now. But the Demonologist was awesome and had equipment I had never seen before and havent seen since. They know their stuff, and I am forever grateful to them and we still talk..JN

Did they request you sign a release form so they could put the pics up on the site?

No they didnt, that is when I snapped because one photo had my face on it and I wanted to remain anonymous. I threatened them, and they took out my face, but kept the orb..They also took down the black shroud pics...I dont even know if they are in business any longer.

- Snip -

Edited by Saru
Removed link

LOL... their website is kind of cheesey!?

I am sorry you had to go through that experience as well as be mistreated by that team. Always go for a 2nd opinion though before calling upon a demonologist. Even though you feel they did a thorough investigation, because of their lack of experience I wouldn't of trusted their judgment too quickly. I know you felt you had to act fast. But a Paranormal Team usually do act promptly when it comes to demonic hauntings. Because they did not have forms or anything in that manner, It doesn't sound like they did a thorough investigation. Forms are one of the most important details of the investigation. I don't know what they captured, but I hope they did do a thorough investigation for your sake.

Scientific or not... orbs are still not enough to proclaim it to be a spirit. Any team with the exception of orb believers, will tell you that. I would totally honor and respect a team such as TAPS telling me what an orb is???

LOL... their website is kind of cheesey!?

I am sorry you had to go through that experience as well as be mistreated by that team. Always go for a 2nd opinion though before calling upon a demonologist. Even though you feel they did a thorough investigation, because of their lack of experience I wouldn't of trusted their judgment too quickly. I know you felt you had to act fast. But a Paranormal Team usually do act promptly when it comes to demonic hauntings. Because they did not have forms or anything in that manner, It doesn't sound like they did a thorough investigation. Forms are one of the most important details of the investigation. I don't know what they captured, but I hope they did do a thorough investigation for your sake.

Scientific or not... orbs are still not enough to proclaim it to be a spirit. Any team with the exception of orb believers, will tell you that. I would totally honor and respect a team such as TAPS telling me what an orb is???

I meant the Demonologist did a thorough investigation not THEM.. LOL Cheesy, umm yes. I knew that night what was here and so did they. They mentioned bringing in Wiccans to cleanse the place and I refused, for reasons of my own. When someone is getting injured and ending up in the ER 3 times, and going through horror on a daily basis, I would never tell them to get a second opinion. I SAW enough that night, I heard enough that night. I had to be proactive, in order to live. My Demonologist was amazing, and his investigation was like something out of a movie. I was in awe..He pretty much knew what was here during our first interview on the phone, as IT talked to him in Latin. I didnt hear it, he did. It all worked out and thats all I care about. I have referred my demonologist to several on here. He does Malevolent and Poltergeists too if need be. I just keep that holy water close by. With both teams, I would walk around and say "theres an orb" etc and it never failed, sure was. I asked him what they really were. He said that, many on Digital Cams are dust. However certain ones are called globules, which consist of psychic and spiritual enegry." He also said anything RED or BLACK on a photo is suspicious and anything on the left of a photo of that color is not good. Hes been doing this for years, and I cant count the ones on A Haunting he has done. I trust him, and thats the bottom line. You seem to have TAPS on a pedistal, which is your choice. They are plumbers, who had experiences as children so decided to ghost hunt. I dont think they know anymore than you or me. They investigate, and changed their entire agenda, and I wouldnt be that impressed if I were you. But to each their own. JN

well the only thing i wanna say though about the photo one i posted with the two "ORBS" in the picture, the only thing different from the other ones i've looked at was they produced their own light, and they are moving, i didnt have all my lights off, i was sitting at my computer with a light above me on, and the corner light off, i took the photo and thats when i looked at it, look at the very top of the photo you see the dust ones that are produced but the white ones, have a movement to them both.

im just tryign to get a point across taht it's diffrent from even my other photos i've taken before.

but whatever i' aint giving up

i tried to do something, i went around the area in my basement where i saw them and i kicked around at the floor with my feet to try to get dust to go up, i blew around the area, and immedietly took photos, i couldnt get any dust to show up on the photos, then i started to ask for it to give me a sign of its presences, i'd take two pictures on the second one, again "ORB" showed up...and it moved quiet fast in about 3 second period of 2 pictures taken across the ceiling, so i went to wave my arms around, kicked at floor and blew again and tried to get something, still nothing...idk just my thought of what i think...but gotta remember some spirits cant manifest fully or show themselves fully

scratch all that i looked at them closer on the computer, dust, it was hard to see on the digital camera

Edited by Guardian Angel of Fire

i tried to do something, i went around the area in my basement where i saw them and i kicked around at the floor with my feet to try to get dust to go up, i blew around the area, and immedietly took photos, i couldnt get any dust to show up on the photos, then i started to ask for it to give me a sign of its presences, i'd take two pictures on the second one, again "ORB" showed up...and it moved quiet fast in about 3 second period of 2 pictures taken across the ceiling, so i went to wave my arms around, kicked at floor and blew again and tried to get something, still nothing...idk just my thought of what i think...but gotta remember some spirits cant manifest fully or show themselves fully

Ok, this is just silly. It is NOT a sign of presence of anything but dust. what you did does not prove a thing. You are projecting now your own personal beliefs on orbs, which will never allow for an unbiased investigation, let alone forming a theory.

What you just basically said was, "well, I kicked the dust up, took pictures and didn't get anything until I asked for a sign. Ergo, it is NOT dust, but paranormal orbs because the orbs responded to my request". How is that scientific? How is that being non biased?

I know I sound impatient, but this was the most unscientific investigation (almost) I have ever read!

Ok, this is just silly. It is NOT a sign of presence of anything but dust. what you did does not prove a thing. You are projecting now your own personal beliefs on orbs, which will never allow for an unbiased investigation, let alone forming a theory.

What you just basically said was, "well, I kicked the dust up, took pictures and didn't get anything until I asked for a sign. Ergo, it is NOT dust, but paranormal orbs because the orbs responded to my request". How is that scientific? How is that being non biased?

I know I sound impatient, but this was the most unscientific investigation (almost) I have ever read!

wait scratch that i looked at them on computer i could see the dust on the computer better than digicamera, scratch my post above, hey i'm working on my skills so give me a break, i'm at least trying my best, i'm doing this all by myself at the moment, i'm a one man not three >.>

anyways it all appeared better on Computer than Digicamera, the ones i recently took is dust, but i dont get how the ones i posted a while ago they have the movement they do in the camera along with the emitting light they give off... >.> i still find it odd...

but again i got that white thing moving, glowing....idk i'm now thinking dust but input? it appeared the next night again, just one the small one did.

i just find it quiet strange i dont know, just strange >.>, but i wont give up i'm persistant

post-71382-1210136439_thumb.jpg

also again one person here, i did it just in a bit hurry cause i'm getting tired slowly and yah you think its easy? i was testing to see if they appear, i looked at on computer as i said, the dust shows ok? so chill, were not all perfect

wait scratch that i looked at them on computer i could see the dust on the computer better than digicamera, scratch my post above, hey i'm working on my skills so give me a break, i'm at least trying my best, i'm doing this all by myself at the moment, i'm a one man not three >.>

anyways it all appeared better on Computer than Digicamera, the ones i recently took is dust, but i dont get how the ones i posted a while ago they have the movement they do in the camera along with the emitting light they give off... >.> i still find it odd...

What I would do if I were you is spend a LOT of time getting to know your digital camera. They are very different from analog ones. I have experimented , and I have mentioned this before, with smoke, and even with the smoke being blown directly into the camera, or trickling up in front of the viewfinder, fully visible, it did not always appear on the image! So, same with your dust. It only picked up some of the dust images.

Also, the moving "orbs" could even be a hair. If you take many, many photos of hair and other fibers, and at different distances from the lens, you will get some interesting results. A hair can look like an "orb"! Or a "vortex"! Its amazing really how the digital camera distorts and creates odd anomalies, and we, being human, try to make sense of them.

I am also willing to guess you have a rather inexpensive model, as I do. They are even more capable of picking up these weird little things. Try the same experiments with a really good camera and you will see what I mean.

Unfortunately, no one takes the time to get to know their digital. I hope that you do, because you, just starting out, have the potential to be a very good investigator and learn some healthy cynicism and scepticism.

Did you notice that I never once said that your "orbs" were not paranormal? What I did do just now though, is point out some very viable, rational things that these orbs can be. Likelihood is a strong argument in this field. Dust is everywhere, dust is familiar, dust does weird things with a digital camera. This is what we KNOW. So it is very likely that what you have is dust. No amount of "but, but, but" is going to change my logically-functioning mind at this point.

PS, I am a believer, but I really have a tough time being convinced of supposed paranormal photos. It may sound like I am "debunking" but I am not. I am applying fundamental and absolutely necessary logic to this as you stated your desire to become a good investigator.

also again one person here, i did it just in a bit hurry cause i'm getting tired slowly and yah you think its easy? i was testing to see if they appear, i looked at on computer as i said, the dust shows ok? so chill, were not all perfect

Dude, you're the one who posted three responses to mine. I'm fine. You asked for opinions. So don't be mad when people don't agree or even get exasperated!

You're learning. That is good. So listen to my suggestions. I think they are good ones, and they have served me well and they will prove a thing or two to you.

Dude, you're the one who posted three responses to mine. I'm fine. You asked for opinions. So don't be mad when people don't agree or even get exasperated!

You're learning. That is good. So listen to my suggestions. I think they are good ones, and they have served me well and they will prove a thing or two to you.

i understand but you put it out a little too much i only was explaining that i was doing it by myself, so you understood that the situation was i was only one doing something.

i understand but you put it out a little too much i only was explaining that i was doing it by myself, so you understood that the situation was i was only one doing something.

You can still apply better methods than kicking up dust and asking for a sign!

What I would do if I were you is spend a LOT of time getting to know your digital camera. They are very different from analog ones. I have experimented , and I have mentioned this before, with smoke, and even with the smoke being blown directly into the camera, or trickling up in front of the viewfinder, fully visible, it did not always appear on the image! So, same with your dust. It only picked up some of the dust images.

Also, the moving "orbs" could even be a hair. If you take many, many photos of hair and other fibers, and at different distances from the lens, you will get some interesting results. A hair can look like an "orb"! Or a "vortex"! Its amazing really how the digital camera distorts and creates odd anomalies, and we, being human, try to make sense of them.

I am also willing to guess you have a rather inexpensive model, as I do. They are even more capable of picking up these weird little things. Try the same experiments with a really good camera and you will see what I mean.

Unfortunately, no one takes the time to get to know their digital. I hope that you do, because you, just starting out, have the potential to be a very good investigator and learn some healthy cynicism and scepticism.

Did you notice that I never once said that your "orbs" were not paranormal? What I did do just now though, is point out some very viable, rational things that these orbs can be. Likelihood is a strong argument in this field. Dust is everywhere, dust is familiar, dust does weird things with a digital camera. This is what we KNOW. So it is very likely that what you have is dust. No amount of "but, but, but" is going to change my logically-functioning mind at this point.

PS, I am a believer, but I really have a tough time being convinced of supposed paranormal photos. It may sound like I am "debunking" but I am not. I am applying fundamental and absolutely necessary logic to this as you stated your desire to become a good investigator.

thank you i appreciate this, if i seem a******ish it's jsut when it gets late and i get tired i cant think properly i'm sure we all have that, but yah. actually it's not inexpensive, it was over $100 but still good one, adjust settings, records video, i've been experimenting with the types of photo taking it's done, but as i said, the other night i took a random photo of that corner as well, i got two of those white things moving around. i'm not arguing, just only making my statement, i hadnt gone over to that corner at all, one's bigger than the other, and tonight it appears over in the same region but by the post this time so somewhat realtively closer, now yes it could be what you said, could be hair but i'm trying things out thats also why i went kicked up dust, i just wasnt thinking when i posted that before i uploaded to my computer

You can still apply better methods than kicking up dust and asking for a sign!

yes i understand that but at this moment in time i'm limited cause i cant have someone do soemthing while i take photos, i was just running an experiment, but i said scratch that on the post i even striked it all out, and said it's dust, i was kicking up dust to see what turns up and compare to previous photos.

the main thing thats got me continuing is the fact of the EVP's i've picked up down here so far that i cant explain.

but again i got that white thing moving, glowing....idk i'm now thinking dust but input? it appeared the next night again, just one the small one did.

i just find it quiet strange i dont know, just strange >.>, but i wont give up i'm persistant

Looks like hair or fiber. If you do the experiments, and lots of them, you will see a similar one. Also, it (the hair or fiber) may be on your lens or stuck to the camera somewhere so that it is in the viewfinder. It also may simply be floating in the air.

I watched a really bad investigation video here in Vancouver once, where you could actually see the fiber floating in front of the camera, but as it turned it looked "orby" and then it would turn more and you could see without a doubt that it was a fiber. Or at least I could.

Looks like hair or fiber. If you do the experiments, and lots of them, you will see a similar one. Also, it (the hair or fiber) may be on your lens or stuck to the camera somewhere so that it is in the viewfinder. It also may simply be floating in the air.

I watched a really bad investigation video here in Vancouver once, where you could actually see the fiber floating in front of the camera, but as it turned it looked "orby" and then it would turn more and you could see without a doubt that it was a fiber. Or at least I could.

yes i can understand that, but i'm waiting to hear from a time two my friends can join me in an investigation in my basement

the main thing thats got me continuing is the fact of the EVP's i've picked up down here so far that i cant explain.

Good on ya, Guard. Just because you can be setting aside as mere "maybe" a lot of things you capture, such as the orbs, doesn't mean nothing is going on. That is what doing an investigation is about, in fact. IS something happening, and if so, what, exactly is it?

Don't get tense about Lady Hay. She is a wonderful person and her urging is wise for you to keep in mind, unless you wish to head down the road of "believe at all costs/keep the faith" :). Most of us in the field today want the truth, however little or amazing that may prove to be, but we do know that to ever maybe achieve that someday it won't be by padding or adding.

We can always go back and add the orbs into it if someday we discover they're really something specific, and do so credibly then. But, keeping all the dusties in with maybe something valid just loses it in the crowd along with our own credibility by the time we find our stride, ya know? Personally, I'd rather have one pic I knew was utterly real no matter what anyone else says, than a heap of ones that are dubious. Mind you, nobody really believes my pic but me, but in the end isn't that what it is really about? Our own personal quest?

Enjoy yourself, have fun with this. I'm enjoying your explorations and learnings, too. We all learn something every day - on good days anyway :).

JMO.

NS

Good on ya, Guard. Just because you can be setting aside as mere "maybe" a lot of things you capture, such as the orbs, doesn't mean nothing is going on. That is what doing an investigation is about, in fact. IS something happening, and if so, what, exactly is it?

Don't get tense about Lady Hay. She is a wonderful person and her urging is wise for you to keep in mind, unless you wish to head down the road of "believe at all costs/keep the faith" :). Most of us in the field today want the truth, however little or amazing that may prove to be, but we do know that to ever maybe achieve that someday it won't be by padding or adding.

We can always go back and add the orbs into it if someday we discover they're really something specific, and do so credibly then. But, keeping all the dusties in with maybe something valid just loses it in the crowd along with our own credibility by the time we find our stride, ya know? Personally, I'd rather have one pic I knew was utterly real no matter what anyone else says, than a heap of ones that are dubious. Mind you, nobody really believes my pic but me, but in the end isn't that what it is really about? Our own personal quest?

Enjoy yourself, have fun with this. I'm enjoying your explorations and learnings, too. We all learn something every day - on good days anyway :).

JMO.

NS

Thankies Nile! Sweet of you. And yes, I am trying to give you, Guard, what I have learned. I have 8 years of experience under my belt. Not a lot, and certainly not with alot of direct "ghost experience" but also adding in my equipment experiments, cynicism, and desire to "weed out" stuff among other good things.

Nile is right. Just because people like me discount orbs as good evidence, doesn't mean that there isn't something going on down there. I just hoped you would go for more "meaty" stuff. :)

When are your pals due to join you?

The first image you have posted is not an orb, nor dust. It is a lens flare caused by the camera flash reflecting off the brass door hinge, and returning into the apeture of the lens. You can clearly trace the straight line the light took. There is nothing paranormal about it, I did not look at the rest of your images, so I cannot comment.

Don't forget to keep in mind that Basements generally have a creepy feel to them. Some Basements have high EMF depending what home owners put down there such as faulty wiring, bad fuse boxes, bad lines, mold, mildew, and moisture. Some Basements tend to get damp depending what the structure is made of.

High EMF Fields can give off many natural causes such as paranoia, the feeling of being watched, seeing shadows, you become delusional, nausea, dizziness, etc;

Its a known scientific fact!

Just keep those in mind. This is why ghost hunters ( Not the show ) but everyone use EMF Detectors to find FALSE POSITIVES

Lady Hay and Nile both seem to know their stuff, good advice there guys.