Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pictures from my basement Investigation

Guardian Angel of Fire

Thankies Nile! Sweet of you. And yes, I am trying to give you, Guard, what I have learned. I have 8 years of experience under my belt. Not a lot, and certainly not with alot of direct "ghost experience" but also adding in my equipment experiments, cynicism, and desire to "weed out" stuff among other good things.

Nile is right. Just because people like me discount orbs as good evidence, doesn't mean that there isn't something going on down there. I just hoped you would go for more "meaty" stuff. :)

When are your pals due to join you?

yeah thats what 'm trying to get

sometimes you gotta take the simplist things before you begin to think discount this and lets see something more worth than that, give me something better

i'm not rightfully sure but we are going to be working on setting up a date, and plus one person who's gonna join us was once part of a Investigation Team so he's got some experience

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guardian Angel of Fire

• JustNormal

• Radian

• NoahJaymes

Don't forget to keep in mind that Basements generally have a creepy feel to them. Some Basements have high EMF depending what home owners put down there such as faulty wiring, bad fuse boxes, bad lines, mold, mildew, and moisture. Some Basements tend to get damp depending what the structure is made of.

High EMF Fields can give off many natural causes such as paranoia, the feeling of being watched, seeing shadows, you become delusional, nausea, dizziness, etc;

Its a known scientific fact!

Just keep those in mind. This is why ghost hunters ( Not the show ) but everyone use EMF Detectors to find FALSE POSITIVES

yes i know all of that from watching TAPS do there work, i've known bout that, i need an EMF detector, but it's like whats strange though is sometimes i go downstairs and i feel fine, then after some time i start to get that feeling someones down here with me and it comes and goes, often at the stairs people who come over (and like me) get this feeling that you gotta run up the stairs cause somethings there watching you by the stairs. i mean it could be EMF fields, but i'm not sure, so thats why i need more equipment to do more stuff.

yes i know all of that from watching TAPS do there work, i've known bout that, i need an EMF detector, but it's like whats strange though is sometimes i go downstairs and i feel fine, then after some time i start to get that feeling someones down here with me and it comes and goes, often at the stairs people who come over (and like me) get this feeling that you gotta run up the stairs cause somethings there watching you by the stairs. i mean it could be EMF fields, but i'm not sure, so thats why i need more equipment to do more stuff.

I don't know about this stuff, but is it possible to hire this equipment? Maybe you could just get an EMF meter for a day or two?

Doubtful, but they're actually not that expensive.

First site I scoped: http://www.pro-measure.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=72

That is cheap, you can get one for $20, that's aboutg £10. Impressive, I thought this equipment was going to be really, really expensive.

That's not bad... I like the combo deals. :D

See if you can get a Pepsi and a side order of ectoplasm with that :D

LOL... :lol:

I got that same EMF for a little cheaper on Ebay for 78.98 ( Free shipping ) :D

I've been looking for sites with combo deals though, not many around.

Good find!

hmmm i'll have to check this out, i was wanting to get EMF and Thermal detector as well. i'll have to scope around.

but on my end money is tight lately, i have $1400 in car repairs to pay off still and i've only $366 in savings.

I did another investigation with a few of my friends and this is some of the stuff we had turn up on the digital camera, i want you input because when i saw the orbs i was first thinking dust until i saw the two color ones, this is the original, you can enhance this one yourself to see if you see nething different from my enhancement

I think you have dust,orbs tend to be more solid if you want visit my myspace site there is a lot of people on it that deal with the paranormal and have great pictures and research

http://www.myspace.com/ghostmd

I think you have dust,orbs tend to be more solid if you want visit my myspace site there is a lot of people on it that deal with the paranormal and have great pictures and research

http://www.myspace.com/ghostmd

lol thanks for the input lol

srry i'm not laughing at you but yah i've been told that much so i'm kinda like i see i see lol but thank you much appreciated :tu:

LOL....Won't even go there about that team....Lets just say...."We have mutuals."

ah interesting i see

Looks like this team believes in orbs,...JN

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page2549.html?theme=light

Most Haunted thrive on them, it's a positive orb fest that show. That's not saying much in the defence of orbs though, in fact it probably hinders the case.

Hello Guardian Angel of Fire.

Good luck on your investigation. I hope that you find the information that you seek.

I've read the thread and agree that orbs by themselves are dubious at best. Another thing that a lot of others have posted have said and I agree with, know your equipment. Know it's limits.

You might try setting up a recording device and leaving the area. Put tape on the door to the basement so that you know no one else was there. About a one inch piece of clear tape at the corner of a door and if the tape is broken, then someone was there and the evidence is tainted. That is an experiment that one person can do. :) Leaving the device running and walking away lets you know that there was no human interference in the area. It doesn't discount that noises from an upper area of the house have not filtered to the area in question. So please keep that in mind. Check and see if you can hear, through heating/cooling vents others in the house talking or outside noise leaks.

Another thing you might do until/if you decide to get an EMF detector is to just look around the basement. Locate where the major appliances are, I saw in your photo the wall with the TV and other similar items. Those can generate a lot of EMF, also if there is cable or phone lines leading to that wall may also be a source for EMF. Locate the breaker box and major wiring runs in the basement.

Is the breaker box close to the stairs? If so that may be the cause of some of it. Once you've located these things even without an EMF detector you can test your reaction to it. Stand next to it and see if you still get that eerie feeling. Again this is something that just one person can do.

Also you might note when the feelings occur when you are in the basement and if there is more human activity and/or appliance activity in the house (even if it's not on the same floor). Washer/dryer, heating system (and its location) refrigerator etc. Take notes, lots of notes and again good luck.

Regards,

Mabon.

Hello Guardian Angel of Fire.

Good luck on your investigation. I hope that you find the information that you seek.

I've read the thread and agree that orbs by themselves are dubious at best. Another thing that a lot of others have posted have said and I agree with, know your equipment. Know it's limits.

You might try setting up a recording device and leaving the area. Put tape on the door to the basement so that you know no one else was there. About a one inch piece of clear tape at the corner of a door and if the tape is broken, then someone was there and the evidence is tainted. That is an experiment that one person can do. :) Leaving the device running and walking away lets you know that there was no human interference in the area. It doesn't discount that noises from an upper area of the house have not filtered to the area in question. So please keep that in mind. Check and see if you can hear, through heating/cooling vents others in the house talking or outside noise leaks.

Another thing you might do until/if you decide to get an EMF detector is to just look around the basement. Locate where the major appliances are, I saw in your photo the wall with the TV and other similar items. Those can generate a lot of EMF, also if there is cable or phone lines leading to that wall may also be a source for EMF. Locate the breaker box and major wiring runs in the basement.

Is the breaker box close to the stairs? If so that may be the cause of some of it. Once you've located these things even without an EMF detector you can test your reaction to it. Stand next to it and see if you still get that eerie feeling. Again this is something that just one person can do.

Also you might note when the feelings occur when you are in the basement and if there is more human activity and/or appliance activity in the house (even if it's not on the same floor). Washer/dryer, heating system (and its location) refrigerator etc. Take notes, lots of notes and again good luck.

Regards,

Mabon.

thank you for the kind input, much ablidged

i've been having a strange past two days with some sort of either allergic reaction or hives >.<

but thanks will keep in mind

thank you for the kind input, much ablidged

i've been having a strange past two days with some sort of either allergic reaction or hives >.<

but thanks will keep in mind

Oh wow! I hope you get that sorted. Another thing to be very careful of is mold... icky stuff really. Since this spring it seems like every thing blooming is you might want to watch out for mold as well.

Here is a couple of sites about EMF and mold respectively.

http://members.aol.com/gotemf/emf/symptoms.htm EMF

http://www.epa.gov/mold/moldguide.html (Mold) http://www.cdc.gov/mold/ (this one contains info on other environmental issues, close to the bottom) http://www.mold-help.org/ (more on mold)

Regards,

Mabon.

Oh wow! I hope you get that sorted. Another thing to be very careful of is mold... icky stuff really. Since this spring it seems like every thing blooming is you might want to watch out for mold as well.

Here is a couple of sites about EMF and mold respectively.

http://members.aol.com/gotemf/emf/symptoms.htm EMF

http://www.epa.gov/mold/moldguide.html (Mold) http://www.cdc.gov/mold/ (this one contains info on other environmental issues, close to the bottom) http://www.mold-help.org/ (more on mold)

Regards,

Mabon.

thanks it's just strange because swelling in my hands and feet come and go a lot

and these bumps and rashes come and go all over traveling on my arms, hands, feet and legs only... >.> it's strange >.>

thanks it's just strange because swelling in my hands and feet come and go a lot

and these bumps and rashes come and go all over traveling on my arms, hands, feet and legs only... >.> it's strange >.>

So its new? You've not experienced this? I'd get to the doctor. When my kids get their allergic outbreaks, I give them antihistamine immediately. Hope you're ok!

So its new? You've not experienced this? I'd get to the doctor. When my kids get their allergic outbreaks, I give them antihistamine immediately. Hope you're ok!

I agree, this could be some sort of allergic reaction to something in your basement, or around your house, but you might not ever know what it is unless you get tested.

yeah this is totally new, i've never had anything like this, whats wierd is the bumps when they appear they look like bug bites, everyones asked me if i've changed detergent, i said no same thing i've used for past many weeks, they asked diet change i said no, they asked did soemthing bite you and i said i'm not sure because i cannot locate an area where it could of possibly bit me if it were a spider or something, the only thing i've changed was i got my hair colored Jet Black Saturday and i used two days ago and yesterday, it's Garnier Color Guard Shampoo and Conditioner, thats all new stuff that i've used, which i'm not getting but it's odd that this has started after i did all that.

the spots and rashes and itching comes and goes all over my feet, hands, arms, and legs....not my torso or my head or neck

QUOTE (jonny b @ May 8 2008, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, this could be some sort of allergic reaction to something in your basement, or around your house, but you might not ever know what it is unless you get tested.

it didnt really start till yetserday afternoon in my 6th hour class after lunch after my computer science class

and yesterday i had a really bad leg cramp when i woke up in the morning >.<

Edited by Guardian Angel of Fire

it didnt really start till yetserday afternoon in my 6th hour class after lunch after my computer science class

and yesterday i had a really bad leg cramp when i woke up in the morning >.<

Hmm, thats strange, It's hard to tell what it would be and it might be just as hard to track down what is causing it.I remember breaking out in a rash, a really bad rash on both of my arms up to the sleeves,and I could not figure out why this was happening till it dawned on me I was using a lotion on both of my arms.I stoped using the lotion and took some aveno baths, and the rash went away and never came back.I am pretty sure I had a reaction to that spacific lotion as no other lotion affected me in that way.It's also possible for someone to not be alergic to someting one day and then to be alergic to the same thing the next.

You could try using aveno bath products for the rash in a hot tub.It helped me and helped with the itching.and by the way the rash I had was all over my arms was very irritated,"as in red", and was bumpy.I still say if you need to go to the doctor, you should do so.

yeah this is totally new, i've never had anything like this, whats wierd is the bumps when they appear they look like bug bites, everyones asked me if i've changed detergent, i said no same thing i've used for past many weeks, they asked diet change i said no, they asked did soemthing bite you and i said i'm not sure because i cannot locate an area where it could of possibly bit me if it were a spider or something, the only thing i've changed was i got my hair colored Jet Black Saturday and i used two days ago and yesterday, it's Garnier Color Guard Shampoo and Conditioner, thats all new stuff that i've used, which i'm not getting but it's odd that this has started after i did all that.

the spots and rashes and itching comes and goes all over my feet, hands, arms, and legs....not my torso or my head or neck

We had the same thing happen here. My son was getting what appeared to be bites, welts and I didnt know what to think, but it was not happening to me. He went to a Dermatologist who said he wasnt sure, so gave him some cream to stop the itch. Then when he wasnt here, I got bit just a little. Come to find out, we had squirrels in the walls so had an exterminator come out. He put cages all around to catch them, and then he blocked any holes they came in and out of. So these turned out to be what they call "bird mites." They can come from pigeons, sparrows, and blood mites can come from mice or things like that in the walls. We exterminated and now no bites or welts. It does sound like a medical problem for sure. When I get allergic near a cat my hands swell and I break out in hives. Are they flea bites? Its that time of year? JN