Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why no proof?

Moonie2012

Have you ever considered that even if people did have them, that the stress to prove it would help the situation out? NO.

Some people lie, yes, that is true.--On the internet people lie constantly because there is not consequences.

People should not post it if they don't, yes. You will have proof, trust me, however, patience would be the best step. No. I don't.

Most people who post they have Psychic abilities want to be, "Special" , I will agree to that. But not everyone is the same.

Even if there was proof, do you think people would want all that attention?YES.

Imagine the hysteria it would cause publicly?NO. It wouldn't.

Do you think that would help their social position. People like atteniton, negative or otherwise.Especially kids.

Some people would accept it, but others would shun, and riot possibly, calling people who did prove they had their powers, "Demons", or "Unnatural"...simply out of fear and ignorance. There are tons.....tons of reasons I could post, but you are too convinced that "That is simply irreverent, and simply illogical!".YES. I am.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moonie2012

• Rosewin

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

@ drayno -

More excuses, and bad ones at that.

People who claim these powers want attention, or they wouldn't talk about them. They don't come in here to discuss, question, and understand, they come in here to BRAG.

They don't need to reveal who they are by proving it, wear a mask or never show your face - anonymity isn't that difficult.

Public hysteria? Please, that's laughable. Life is not an x-men movie.

It doesn't matter, because nobody on here will ever bother trying anyway. The proof will never come because it isn't there.

Edited by Moonie2012

People who claim these powers want attention, or they wouldn't talk about them. Providing proof would get them even more attention.

Anyway, they don't need to reveal who they are by proving it, wear a mask or never show your face. It doesn't matter, because nobody on here will ever even bother trying.

God, more stereotypical skeptical claims. You assume everyone who provides a decent answer to be making excuses. You may believe what you want. Yes, providing proof would get more attention, however the people who do want attention do not, hence, cannot make proof. People who do not post about it, and have them steer clear of providing evidence due to the complications of the aftermath...a few examples would be what I posted.

God, more stereotypical skeptical claims. You assume everyone who provides a decent answer to be making excuses.

Too bad your answer wasn't decent in the least. Nothing but unlogical excuses.

Yes, providing proof would get more attention, however the people who do want attention do not have any powers, hence, cannot make proof.

My point exactly. The people bragging about control of fire, ice, and other such rubbish have no powers and are lying just to get attention.

Edited by Moonie2012

My point exactly. The people bragging about control of fire and ice have no powers and are lying.

:tu:

Yeah, why would anyone bother to even make a claim, if they didn't want to 'prove' it?

If they are worried about setting off a riot, then keep quiet, and no one's the wiser.

There is such a thing as being open minded, but then there is also blind faith....the two shouldn't be confused.

As if some kid who could warm/freeze a pot of water with his mind would set off a riot anyway. :rolleyes:

NOBODY in the history of mankind has done these things, yet all of a sudden these kids pop up, post here, prove nothing, and we are just supposed to blindly believe them - and even worse, we get called things like "ignorant haters" because we don't.

Edited by Moonie2012

Why does it matter so much? I am more interested in what is behind the view that has an incessant need to disprove others. There is a reasoning for it to happen and maybe the reasons vary. Is it cause some people just have to tear something down to feel better about themselves? It is because they feel like they are on a mission to teach others truth so no one is fooled? In either case I do not think in the end they feel better or that they have changed anyone's belief. Is it something else I am missing?

Why does it matter so much? I am more interested in what is behind the view that has an incessant need to disprove others. There is a reasoning for it to happen and maybe the reasons vary. Is it cause some people just have to tear something down to feel better about themselves? It is because they feel like they are on a mission to teach others truth so no one is fooled? In either case I do not think in the end they feel better or that they have changed anyone's belief. Is it something else I am missing?

TRUTH. If they can do it, we want to see it. That's why we post here - we are looking for answers, not lies and tall tales.

There's a mystery to be solved, and if they are going to claim the answer, share it.

Edited by Moonie2012

TRUTH. If they can do it, we want to see it. That's why we post here - we are looking for answers, not lies and tall tales.

There's a mystery to be solved, and if they are going to claim the answer, share it.

Yes, but what is the reason behind the view of one person shoving their TRUTH down someone else's throat and constantly saying things like nope that is illogical over and over? It is not really convincing anyone is it? I see no mysteries being solved this way? There has to be another reason that motivates this view....that is the mystery I want to see solved.

Edited by Clovis

Yes, but what is the reason behind the view of one person shoving their TRUTH down someone else's throat and constantly saying things like nope that is illogical over and over? It is not really convincing anyone is it? I see no mysteries being solved this way? There has to be another reason that motivates this view....that is the mystery I want to see solved.

Have fun solving it, because I don't know.

All I want is to see a claim backed up, just once. That's the reason I started the thread, to discuss the lack of evidence - not my reasons for wanting it.

Edited by Moonie2012

I am more interested in why people are so full of it and choose to make up BS.

@ drayno -

People who claim these powers want attention, or they wouldn't talk about them. They don't come in here to discuss, question, and understand, they come in here to BRAG.

They don't need to reveal who they are by proving it, wear a mask or never show your face - anonymity isn't that difficult.

Public hysteria? Please, that's laughable. Life is not an x-men movie.

It doesn't matter, because nobody on here will ever bother trying anyway. The proof will never come because it isn't there.

Maybe those people are busy using their abilities to help people rather than trying to win a popularity contest with you? No proof will ever be good enough, there will always be someone poking holes in it.

Has anyone on this thread bragged as yet? No...

Have fun solving it, because I don't know.

All I want is to see a claim backed up, just once.

Well it would seem some people that have the view as I stated before might not even know what drives them to constantly find a need to disprove and challenge others. I really think they just want to feel superior by making someone else feel inferior but anyone needing to feel superior is not superior to begin with. Maybe I am wrong but people should know what compels them to act certain ways and hold certain views.

Maybe those people are busy using their abilities to help people rather than trying to win a popularity contest with you?

:rolleyes:

No bragging in here that I recall, but would you rather I go bother them in each of their own threads? Seems like this would be the right place to keep it.

Edited by Moonie2012

No bragging in here that I recall, but would you rather I go bother them in each of their own threads?

Some people already do that if you say you are not one of them that is good ^___^

Well it would seem some people that have the view as I stated before might not even know what drives them to constantly find a need to disprove and challenge others. I really think they just want to feel superior by making someone else feel inferior but anyone needing to feel superior is not superior to begin with. Maybe I am wrong but people should know what compels them to act certain ways and hold certain views.

Somebody making up stories of power is doing just that - making themselves seem superior. You must wonder about what drives them too?

Edited by Moonie2012

Somebody making up stories of power is doing just that - making themselves seem superior.

Is that what you think? How would you know or are you assuming? Have you ever been one of those people if not then your claim has no basis. If you are speculating if that is the case that is another story but it seems you are pretty sure of your claim.

Is that what you think? How would you know or are you assuming? Have you ever been one of those people if not then your claim has no basis. If you are speculating if that is the case that is another story but it seems you are pretty sure of your claim.

Until they post some proof of their incredible powers, yes I am. Seeing as how nobody else has them - I'm sure.

Edited by Moonie2012

Until they post some proof of their incredible powers, yes I am.

So you are certain that someone claiming they can do something is just doing so to want to feel superior? Yet, you have no true knowledge of what they know since you have never been one of those people? That to me tells me maybe you share more in common with someone who is sure and believes something just because they want to but has no real proof. Is not proof what you are asking for but where is yours?

Edited by Clovis

So you are certain that someone claiming they can do something is just doing so to want to feel superior? Yet, you have no true knowledge of what they know since you have never been one of those people? That to me tells me maybe you share more in common with someone who is sure and believes something just because they want to but has no real proof. Is not proof what you are asking for but where is yours?

See, now we're right back to the ol' "you prove it DOESN'T exist" argument.

You know what? I can't, other than show you lack of proof. You also know what? They should be able to - yet they refuse to provide the very proof I'm looking for.

See the vicious circle?

Edited by Moonie2012

Clovis, Let me ask you something. Do you think it is logical to come on this forum and spout off I have

such xyz-kinesis and then not back it up with proof? Surely you know that if people say they can do

something that people are going to want to see proof, it's just how it works.

My point exactly. The people bragging about control of fire, ice, and other such rubbish have no powers and are lying just to get attention.

Illogical? Haha, funny. Yes, also, life is not an X-Men movie, of course, that is fiction. But is entirely possible that people could have them in an less exaggerated manner. You simply do not understand the possible scenarios I have brought up. You see racism? Yes, it would be a similar thing, harassing others do due differences, a riot would be quite an exaggeration itself, my apologies, but if you have ever been bullied for being different as a child, you would understand. I really don't feel like debating or arguing, but at least we have an understanding on which is simply idiotic.

See, now we're right back to the ol' "you prove it DOESN'T exist" argument.

You know what? I can't, other than show you lack of proof. You also know what? They should be able to - yet they refuse to provide the very proof I'm looking for.

See the vicious circle?

There is no circle without except for those wanting to get trapped in it. I am not saying the view is wrong but I do not understand the reason some have such a great need to disprove others. It is not changing anyone's view so it leads me to conclude the reason is internal and within the person who finds a need to disprove others constantly.

Clovis, Let me ask you something. Do you think it is logical to come on this forum and spout off I have

such xyz-kinesis and then not back it up with proof? Surely you know that if people say they can do

something that people are going to want to see proof, it's just how it works.

That is about as illogical as a kid saying there is a pink unicorn living under their bed but there is something more illogical. The adult who will spend all his time arguing with that kid to disprove it and then feels the kid is just saying those things to feel superior. I feel more sorry for the adult than I do the kid.

Edited by Clovis

That is about as illogical as a kid saying there is a pink unicorn living under their bed but there is something more illogical. The adult who will spend all his time arguing with that kid to disprove it and then feels the kid is just saying those things to feel superior. I feel more sorry for the adult than I do the kid.

Thank you! I completely agree.