Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why no proof?

Moonie2012

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moonie2012

• Rosewin

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Sporkling

This is where I see an issue. Someone says they can do xyzkinesis but they are not doing so out of negativity, they are not doing so to make others feel negative, they are just saying something. The people who always try to disprove them and then say no sorry thats just illogical, you make no sense, are you crazy? Those people deal in negativity. Why is there so much negativity in them they need to force their truth down someone else's throat and claim how everyone is so wrong and only they are right. See my point why are those people negative what is wrong with them?

This is where I see an issue. Someone says they can do xyzkinesis but they are not doing so out of negativity, they are not doing so to make others feel negative, they are just saying something. The people who always try to disprove them and then say no sorry thats just illogical, you make no sense, are you crazy? Those people deal in negativity. Why is there so much negativity in them they need to force their truth down someone else's throat and claim how everyone is so wrong and only they are right. See my point why are those people negative what is wrong with them?

How can you presume what their intentions are when they claim something? How can you presume my intentions for wanting proof?

You make a lot of presumptions.

Edited by Moonie2012

Do you know what really irritates me? Adults patronizing people my age due to my beliefs. *Cough* Eric. *Cough*. Just because we are younger than you, do not stereotypically assume we want to be special. And by stating that I am wrong would be quite inaccurate, as not every teenager wants to be special. I myself, do not want to be special. There are a lot of points I agree with that you guys have brought up, but I will stick to my own belief. Another thing I realized, most Skeptics are arrogant and too proud of their intellect. Don't be like the people who are like that, just a suggestion.

Edited by Drayno

You just got trapped in the circle. Welcome.

No not quite I will be long gone from this thread and others will continue to spend so much time and effort, wasted energy IMHO, to stay stuck in their negativity at attempting to make others feel inferior constantly. I was simply attempting to bring awareness in the differences between positive and negative skepticism. Positive skepticism is one who attempts to understand and does not believe until they can see for themselves. They ask questions and once they are satisfied make a decision one way or another. Some are never satisfied and keep asking and never make a decision but always want to find out more. Negative skepticism attempts to disprove and makes a mission out of it and asks questions not to understand but merely to disprove. The difference can be seen in an investigator getting to the root of a crime versus the inquisitor torturing others in an attempt and not really solving nothing. Their questions would not be for the same purpose.

Edited by Clovis

Do you know what really irritates me? Adults patronizing people my age due to my beliefs. *Cough* Eric. *Cough*. Just because we are younger than you, do not stereotypically assume we want to be special. And by stating that I am wrong would be quite inaccurate, as not every teenager wants to be special. I myself, do not want to be special. There are a lot of points I agree with that you guys have brought up, but I will stick to my own belief. Another thing I realized, most Skeptics are arrogant and too proud of their intellect. Don't be like the people who are like that, just a suggestion.

You would be surprised at how many adults not only do not care for the young but also for the old. They take advice from no one and have it all figured out even though they were once young and will one day be old. They are not very wise IMHO Sometimes kids have more knowledge than adults and sometimes kids grow up losing some of their knowledge and becoming just like those adults. It took a kid to say the emperor had no clothes on and sometimes if we listen to both children and the old we will find a wisdom that our jaded lives has forgotten or have yet not discovered.

The day I stop learning something new, regardless from where, is the day I claim I know it all and that is the day I truly stop living and begin dying. Some people are living some are just dying. It is all a state of mind. The only thing I know is that the more I know the more I know that I cannot know it all.

I am a believer in many things. I am also a skeptic in many things and one of the things is reality. I am a skeptic of reality. That reality which people say things are like this and cannot ever be different. I challenge those views, not those people, but those views within myself to learn more of what is really possible and what is not.

Edited by Clovis

That is about as illogical as a kid saying there is a pink unicorn living under their bed but there is something more illogical. The adult who will spend all his time arguing with that kid to disprove it and then feels the kid is just saying those things to feel superior. I feel more sorry for the adult than I do the kid.

But therein lies the problem. Most of this stuff is just make believe.

Sometimes though, those beliefs can hurt a person.

Say little Johnny thinks he is special and has 'psi' powers. He knows they are true, because he read about them on the internet. So, instead of little Johnny studying his math, he practices his Psi-wheel. Later Johnny flunks his math exam, cannot get into the university he'd like, and ends up being the gas attendant at a all night service station. Becky comes by, she's always had a crush on johnny and his 'sensitive' ways, but she took up smoking and tries to pump gas. The gas bursts into flames and Johnny focuses his mind, with all that practice he has, and tries to create a Psi-shield around Becky. It fails miserably because it cannot be done. Becky is fried to a crisp, and little Johnny will never know true love. Guess he should have studied that math instead.

Ok, maybe I got a bit carried away.... :lol:

If folks want to believe in Santa or Psi-wheels, let them!! Just don't be surprised when they make that claim that folks may want a bit more than their word as proof.

I am a believer of psychic powers. Ideas such as controlling fire, ice, water, whatever....I know they do not exist now, but it is entirely possible they will one day. Low level abilities, like knowing what people will say, vaguely understanding what they are thinking , and premonitions are reasonable to me, but that is my opinion. I also found that Santa comment offensive. Another example of putting people down for their beliefs.

Maybe those people are busy using their abilities to help people rather than trying to win a popularity contest with you?

Sure. Just like Sylvia Browne. :rolleyes:

No. We are fed up with silliness.

I am a believer of psychic powers. Ideas such as controlling fire, ice, water, whatever....I know they do not exist now, but it is entirely possible they will one day. Low level abilities, like knowing what people will say, vaguely understanding what they are thinking , and premonitions are reasonable to me, but that is my opinion. I also found that Santa comment offensive. Another example of putting people down for their beliefs.

You found the Santa comment offensive?

Good gravy, you are just looking for offense then, if you are that easily offended, a controversial chat room may not be the place for you....

I said it as 'people can believe whatever they want', and the whole tone of my post is joking. This isn't life or death we are talking about.

Honestly, if that is the case, my apologies. I am young, amazing, I will learn. Even if that is so, there is no need for negative put downs. If you want to disprove something, do it in a more polite manner..and I am sure people would be less irritated.

You found the Santa comment offensive?

Good gravy, you are just looking for offense then, if you are that easily offended, a controversial chat room may not be the place for you....

I said it as 'people can believe whatever they want', and the whole tone of my post is joking. This isn't life or death we are talking about.

Sorry, I took it wrong. I saw it as that our beliefs were as silly and childish as in believing in Santa Clause. My interpretation is down the drain, I had a long day so I'm not entirely together if you know what I mean.

Edited by Drayno

Yeah....such are conversations on the internet.

It's hard to put meaning and mood into just words...

But, I didn't mean anything offensive....but my apologies anyhow.

I am a believer of psychic powers. Ideas such as controlling fire, ice, water, whatever....I know they do not exist now, but it is entirely possible they will one day. Low level abilities, like knowing what people will say, vaguely understanding what they are thinking , and premonitions are reasonable to me, but that is my opinion.

I agree with you on this.

Sure. Just like Sylvia Browne. :rolleyes:

No not like her. "Normal" people living "normal" lives working jobs like any other person but also happen to want to help others. Often anonymously, which is quite acceptable.

Arguing that nobody here provides proof to back up their wildest claims solely because they are out helping people with their "powers" is weak at best.

Edited by Moonie2012

No not like her. "Normal" people living "normal" lives working jobs like any other person but also happen to want to help others. Often anonymously, which is quite acceptable.

No "normal people" have ever proven themseleves at all in any way except unsubstaniated stories.

Yes indeed. People who want to help people yet remain anonymous. Or they want to test their own skills, also quite likely don't you think? People are more powerful when they pretend to be normal and yet they have something special. It implies that people will treat them as another normal person, and yet they are different and have another skill somewhere, hidden from other's eyes.

also its like proving what jesus did u eaither belive it or you dont..or like love or god....or why an bannana isnt spelled banana

:rofl:

I...Dont...Understand, but it's still funny :blush: