Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why people are skeptical of psychic claims

KBA

Well said!!!

I'm not a young person...but I think that older people CAN learn from

younger people.....and not just the other way round. Older people can sometimes

get stuck in their ways.....and have trouble changing their established belief-system.

Amen, to that........ :tu:

I won't say I do not believe Heart, he seems like a good boy. It's somewhat like a paradox.

At times he seems to contradict himself, but yet he may be telling the truth.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moonie2012

• Drayno

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• DfizzleShizzle

I won't say I do not believe Heart, he seems like a good boy. It's somewhat like a paradox.

The thing about the internet is that you never know what people's true intentions are, or if their statements are factual. Common sense brushes away those who obviously are lying, but it really is up to ourselves to decide on what we believe in.

:tu: I'm taking him at his word......

Re. young people.....isn't the poltergeist phenomena thought to come from young

people's 'energy'....? (especially teenagers?)

:tu: I'm taking him at his word......

Re. young people.....isn't the poltergeist phenomena thought to come from young

people's 'energy'....? (especially teenagers?)

Indeed! It has been thought of, that children up until a certain age, are more prone to such phenomena.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Prone we shall be I suppose. I wonder if it is only temporary for a certain age group. I could be mistaken.

We don't yet know the full power of our own brain.....and I think a lot of it has to do with

the willingness to believe......or at least open the door for belief and let nature take it's course....one

way or the other.

In a book I have about Remote Viewing....by Tim Rifat.....he talks about the 'Paranormal Damping Field'

" A creation of the entire human population's Psi-fields which is used to suppress all paranormal

abilities, to make agreed upon things and events real, while strongly exorcising events and phenomena

that do not agree with the common consensus."

Part of the training for remote viewing, he says, is to step outside, to overcome, the Paranormal Damping

Field.

Imagine......if enough people opened themselves up to belief.....it could be like the 'hundredth monkey' syndrome. :yes:

Indeed! It has been thought of, that children up until a certain age, are more prone to such phenomena.

See my own quote at the top.....perhaps they loose their abilities (to varying degrees) as the

'Paranormal Damping Field' takes effect......??

See my own quote at the top.....perhaps they loose their abilities (to varying degrees) as the

Well, it may have to do with the informational intake children undergo as the years progress. A lot of experiences are often associated with children at a young age. By the time they reach High School graduation, they have gone through thirteen years of school, that is - if they did not fail or skip a grade in some cases. At a young age, they are pure, and more susceptible to experiences deemed non-normal, as they have not had societal outlooks on some subjects such as ghosts, paranormal imposed on them by peers or mentors.

At a young age, they are pure, and more susceptible to experiences deemed non-normal, as they have not had societal outlooks on some subjects such as ghosts, paranormal imposed on them by peers or mentors.

Exactly........ :yes:

Our physical bodies are made from biotronic fields (Russian terminology) and are vivified by the bioplasmic field - the energy and information of physical life. As we grew older the biotronic and bioplasmic fields run out of energy and the information they carry downgrades. Inevitably this leads to physical deterioration we characterise as old age. Is this state of affairs inevitable? If we can supply the physical body with new biotronic and bioplasmic field energy coherent with our informational content, then aging can be cancelled. To do this, the use of psycrystals to act as bioplasmic and biotronic energy batteries to replace our depleted stores of these fields and the use of quantum computers in the psycrystal matrix to supply the coherent information lost by aging, overcomes all the problems faced by aging humans.

Link - rvscience.com

I must say, that is very interesting. Thank you bee!

I will indeed, read more on that subject.

Link - rvscience.com

I must say, that is very interesting. Thank you bee!

I will indeed, read more on that subject.

You're very welcome...... :tu:

The way I see it...is....that although we are individuals....we are also part of the pack, flock, herd, shoal etc

and somewhere along the line...WE ARE ONE....so the thoughts and beliefs of others in 'the pack' can be

part of the collective energy.....and can impinge on deeper levels.....so...the disbelief of others...can

affect us. (if we let it...??)

Don't want to get into a ramble.....it's late where I am.....and it's TIME FOR BED!!! :)

That is a really fascinating website, thanks Bee. Night.

You're very welcome...... :tu:

The way I see it...is....that although we are individuals....we are also part of the pack, flock, herd, shoal etc

and somewhere along the line...WE ARE ONE....so the thoughts and beliefs of others in 'the pack' can be

part of the collective energy.....and can impinge on deeper levels.....so...the disbelief of others...can

affect us. (if we let it...??)

Don't want to get into a ramble.....it's late where I am.....and it's TIME FOR BED!!! :)

While I agree that collective energy can produce results, I seriously doubt that those results can alter physical or natural laws. We know that postiive ions influence attitude and conduct but to extend that concept into moving material objects without touching them, reading minds or the future, teleportation, etc. passes the reality of common existence and enters fantasy and illusion. No psychic has won the lottery and Houdini didn't keep his promise. As much as people want to believe that natural laws can be altered or violated, they remain constant and controlling. As a youth I dared to wonder how hell could have eternal fire and eternal darkness at the same time. I always believed in those true laws that govern us . . . . and I still do.

Either crazy, lieing, or telling the truth. Guess which ones are most prominent on the internet?

Anyways if you TRULY have an unexplained power, and are tired of people bashing you, or giving you dirty looks/thinking you're crazy... do this...

Go to a university/school (hell even to the supermarket where the russian janitor used to be a physicist in his home country) ask them to give you a shot, and prove you're ability following proper scientific procedure. Or if you can't do that, video tape (good quality in a well lit room, no music) following our instructions (we ask you to turn "wheel" in certain order/cover with glass)....

But be on guard because the goverments anti-supernatural task force will try and capture you so they can study your head in a secret base in Vermont.... srsly, prove to me that THEY WON'T DO THAT...

Either crazy, lieing, or telling the truth. Guess which ones are most prominent on the internet?

Anyways if you TRULY have an unexplained power, and are tired of people bashing you, or giving you dirty looks/thinking you're crazy... do this...

Go to a university/school (hell even to the supermarket where the russian janitor used to be a physicist in his home country) ask them to give you a shot, and prove you're ability following proper scientific procedure. Or if you can't do that, video tape (good quality in a well lit room, no music) following our instructions (we ask you to turn "wheel" in certain order/cover with glass)....

But be on guard because the goverments anti-supernatural task force will try and capture you so they can study your head in a secret base in Vermont.... srsly, prove to me that THEY WON'T DO THAT...

I believe that people have no need to lie over the internet.

Proving anything to people is good. But it depends on the person. If they don't want to do it, fine. Asking for proof is highly overrated. When people question science, does people give them the "weird looks"? Of course. Therefore it does not matter what proof you give but the matter is on who supports the theory. As long as people keep telling themselves there is no such thing, no amount of videos will work. Excuses will pop up. Photoshop, lies, weak link blurry, and all that stuff. Its amazing that people who do not believe can find ways not to believe and people who believe can find ways to believe. And it is for that reason we will not get the answer.

Edited by Sporkling

As much as people want to believe that natural laws can be altered or violated, they remain constant and controlling.

I don't think it's got anything to do with altering or violating natural laws.....no-one could do that.

But....our knowledge of 'natural laws' are growing.....we don't know everything there is to know

about natural laws.

:tu:

You can't be serious. Are you new to the internet? People use it to lie ALL THE TIME about even the most trivial things - and they get caught all the time, too.

Seriously, are you THAT gullible?

Edited by Moonie2012

I don't think it's got anything to do with altering or violating natural laws.....no-one could do that.

But....our knowledge of 'natural laws' are growing.....we don't know everything there is to know

about natural laws.

Can you give me an example of a recent discovery about natural laws?

Can you give me an example of a recent discovery about natural laws?

Well.....having thought about this for about 30 seconds... :)

Wireless communication (ie radio, mobile phones to give 2 examples)

Is that recent enough?...or did you mean....like....last week.... :P

about natural laws.

I agree and a little humility helps as well.

This is an interesting short video (under 6 mins. long)......showing telekinetic ability?

Just from a historic perspective it's facinating.

This isn't on the video....(the egg thing) but the quote below refers to Nina Kulagina...

From 'Remote Viewing' by Tim Rifat....Reportedly...........In one test a raw egg was placed

in a salt solution inside a sealed aquarium six feet away from her. Researchers report she was able to use PK

to separate the yolk from the white of the egg.

The video>>>>> NINA KULAGINA

Well.....having thought about this for about 30 seconds... :)

Wireless communication (ie radio, mobile phones to give 2 examples)

Is that recent enough?...or did you mean....like....last week.... :P

Can we really relate learning to use natural laws such as radio waves with transcending those laws with supposed psychic powers?

Proving anything to people is good. But it depends on the person. If they don't want to do it, fine. Asking for proof is highly overrated. When people question science, does people give them the "weird looks"? Of course. Therefore it does not matter what proof you give but the matter is on who supports the theory. As long as people keep telling themselves there is no such thing, no amount of videos will work. Excuses will pop up. Photoshop, lies, weak link blurry, and all that stuff. Its amazing that people who do not believe can find ways not to believe and people who believe can find ways to believe. And it is for that reason we will not get the answer.

You just contradicted yourself there Spork.

Anyway, exactly how would you go about giving credible evidence over the internet? I'm just curious.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Anyway, exactly how would you go about giving credible evidence over the internet? I'm just curious.

You just have to take his word for it.

Simple.

POWERZ PROVE'N!

I mean, there are so many different ways that technology has come up with that will aid greatly in changing proof. I do not mean that people will use them. I believe all of them are real does not imply you believe.

Ahh yes. It is true you may not be able to provide credible evidence over the internet because of photoshop. But it does not imply people are using it. It just means that there is one more excuse for the people who do not believe to deny it further.

Edited by Sporkling

You can't be serious. Are you new to the internet? People use it to lie ALL THE TIME about even the most trivial things - and they get caught all the time, too.

Seriously, are you THAT gullible?

I believe. But I am not gullible. Just because I believe you say that I am gullible? Indeed no. I believe that they are real. Therefore, I also think that people have no need to lie.