Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Personalities.

Sporkling

Normal people of the society.

In the world of today, people are thought to be very cold, unfriendly and wary of other people and quite unwilling to help. But there are stories of people donating lots of money to ecomomically bad countries or they send money and aid over to help someone in distress. Can we still say people are cold? Or are they keeping their warmer hearts somewhere where it is not found until the need comes?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

• Ignus Fatuus

• sumthingnice60

• Ausaria

i really hate humanity you can see what they are doing wrong just based upon how they act to the people on the street and the earth if you cant respect your brothers and your planet which gave you life...then how can you not be cold hearted? People donate not for the sake of others it makes them feel good...its quiet selfish who would donate 500$?? becides oprah?

People donate not for the sake of others it makes them feel good...its quiet selfish who would donate 500$?? becides oprah?

It's very ignorant to say something like this. There are plenty of people out there for the sake of helping others. There are lots of anonymous donors, too. Also, we in America mostly hear about American donors even though there are people all around the world doing good for others. Besides, donating money isn't the only way to help people.

The more coldness one sees in the actions of others, the colder the shoulder that person will give others. I blame the media for ingniting this "cold fire". We see cold morals coming from others which makes us naturally less trusting of humanity. With the media preying on negatives, there is very little room for stories on good deeds and actions. Yes, some people may donate because it makes them feel good, but I believe that goodness is the feeling of helping others that are in need for the most part. When you see positive actions coming from others it should not make you weary of the situation, but instead give you a feeling that if you ever where in a dire situation that others will be there to help. To think otherwise is giving in to the dark side.

See darkness when their is light, you should not ...

It's very ignorant to say something like this. There are plenty of people out there for the sake of helping others. There are lots of anonymous donors, too. Also, we in America mostly hear about American donors even though there are people all around the world doing good for others. Besides, donating money isn't the only way to help people.

i didnt say all people wont help but most dont give two shutters.. its true and truth hurts i guess... i went to mongolia for a year to teach. its unbelive able we are so well off and over there they eat marmets and they still give more then we do

no goodness is doing the right thing even if you dont feel good about it

i didnt say all people wont help but most dont give two shutters.. its true and truth hurts i guess... i went to mongolia for a year to teach. its unbelive able we are so well off and over there they eat marmets and they still give more then we do

I agree that some do donate for the sake of bragging rights, feeling proud of themselves, etc. I guess there is a problem with our culture too. We focus more on economical and social growth and yet we forget about our fellow humans. And the amount of money spent on reality shows these days is just sickening. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

I agree that some do donate for the sake of bragging rights, feeling proud of themselves, etc. I guess there is a problem with our culture too. We focus more on economical and social growth and yet we forget about our fellow humans. And the amount of money spent on reality shows these days is just sickening. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

While people in other countries are starving themselves and still find food for the kids and parents who cant hunt...i remember being a kid in mexico my mom was poor we had a home though...we saw poor kids on the street and i thought. “Wow my mom makes food for these people whos only wrong doing was being born poor. Nothing bad just wrong time and place.” ever since then i saw how people would help the homeless and also make fun and spit on them. Humanity is sickening but there are few who care

While people in other countries are starving themselves and still find food for the kids and parents who cant hunt...i remember being a kid in mexico my mom was poor we had a home though...we saw poor kids on the street and i thought. “Wow my mom makes food for these people whos only wrong doing was being born poor. Nothing bad just wrong time and place.” ever since then i saw how people would help the homeless and also make fun and spit on them. Humanity is sickening but there are few who care

Humanity is sickening ... because they are sick. Again if we are only going to see ill actions in others, others actions are only going to make you ill.

There is good in this world Master Frodo .... good that is worth fighting for

it seems that the heroes in the movies end are the ones that seem to keep everything on tract until then

Humanity is sickening ... because they are sick. Again if we are only going to see ill actions in others, others actions are only going to make you ill.

There is good in this world Master Frodo .... good that is worth fighting for

it seems that the heroes in the movies end are the ones that seem to keep everything on tract until then

LMAO even frodo went ill..........tell me when did you give change to the man begging on the street? or donate to the kid who has a parasite because she has no clean water. or go to the elderly neighbor and give him a space heater?

i must go class is starting and my last day is tomarrow

The best way to see the good in this world is to surround yourself with those kind of people that are willing to give back to society and make the necessary changes. As a deputy governor for a national service club I meet these kinds of people on a daily basis. Everyday people from all walks of life, rich and poor. They man the soup kitchens build the playgrounds, arenas, hospitals, shelters and whatever is needed to make their communities and countries a better place. Your time is a far greater gift than your money :tu:

I joined a service club 16 years ago, it has been extremely rewarding. It’s a national service club called Kinsmen, now known as Kin Canada our goals are to serve the communities greatest needs. Our local club consists of only 33 members but we manage to raise on average over the past 15 years 1.5 Million dollars a year to give back to the community. We work hard and play hard too!! :yes:

There are similar service clubs world wide. UK it’s the Round Table, Australia its Apex International as well as world wide clubs such as Rotary and Lions clubs. It’s a great way to grow learn and make friends while giving something back to the community.

All The Best

Irish

LMAO even frodo went ill..........tell me when did you give change to the man begging on the street? or donate to the kid who has a parasite because she has no clean water. or go to the elderly neighbor and give him a space heater?

or cry when I see children without food, or weep because a senior citizen is suffering because she has no air and go a christmas when I was 12 without presents because my family as a whole decided to give them to the children down the street who's father left them and would not have had even a meal to eat christmas day .... you are chastizing the wrong person. Is this not part of the problem???

The best way to see the good in this world is to surround yourself with those kind of people that are willing to give back to society and make the necessary changes. As a deputy governor for a national service club I meet these kinds of people on a daily basis. Everyday people from all walks of life, rich and poor. They man the soup kitchens build the playgrounds, arenas, hospitals, shelters and whatever is needed to make their communities and countries a better place. Your time is a far greater gift than your money :tu:

I joined a service club 16 years ago, it has been extremely rewarding. It’s a national service club called Kinsmen, now known as Kin Canada our goals are to serve the communities greatest needs. Our local club consists of only 33 members but we manage to raise on average over the past 15 years 1.5 Million dollars a year to give back to the community. We work hard and play hard too!! :yes:

There are similar service clubs world wide. UK it’s the Round Table, Australia its Apex International as well as world wide clubs such as Rotary and Lions clubs. It’s a great way to grow learn and make friends while giving something back to the community.

All The Best

Irish

a big reason why I love this web site ... other people with a clue.

or cry when I see children without food, or weep because a senior citizen is suffering because she has no air and go a christmas when I was 12 without presents because my family as a whole decided to give them to the children down the street who's father left them and would not have had even a meal to eat christmas day .... you are chastizing the wrong person. Is this not part of the problem???

look around who eles does that? huh the poeple who should? like feaking hollywood? no the small people and there aint enough of us so dont go saying im chastizing you becasue i dont care. really i dont . not i dont care bout the kids i just dont care bout what u think my point is. i proving that evil is all around and hell ...im statanic!! and christans blame us when really they can be blamed as well... people who think they are good just by prayer are just being fooled. im glad you help good for you and christmas i never had one. i was kicked out when i was 10 so i went to irerland then came to the US. let me ask you have you been homeless?? people are crule they spit at you make fun of you even beat you. at 10 ok? so no i dont even give a care to chastize you. why would i chastize you i didnt say you where bad did i? no im telling you what happend.

look around who eles does that? huh the poeple who should? like feaking hollywood? no the small people and there aint enough of us so dont go saying im chastizing you becasue i dont care. really i dont . not i dont care bout the kids i just dont care bout what u think my point is. i proving that evil is all around and hell ...im statanic!! and christans blame us when really they can be blamed as well... people who think they are good just by prayer are just being fooled. im glad you help good for you and christmas i never had one. i was kicked out when i was 10 so i went to irerland then came to the US. let me ask you have you been homeless?? people are crule they spit at you make fun of you even beat you. at 10 ok? so no i dont even give a care to chastize you. why would i chastize you i didnt say you where bad did i? no im telling you what happend.

Your satanic!!! Whoopty dooo! I knew that and that does not in one way affect the way that I would treat you.

Have I been homeless ... spent the first two years of my life on a riverbank and that is no lie, just cannot say that I remember it.

Yes, you are right you did not say that I was bad, but with the overload of empathy that I feel from others, I cannot seem to let anyone knock on that, it is hell enough that I have to be this way and feel the pains of others like I do.

Freaking Hollywood? Being satanic I thought you would worship hollywood.

Evil is around us and is winning ... sad but true.

Your satanic!!! Whoopty dooo! I knew that and that does not in one way affect the way that I would treat you.

Have I been homeless ... spent the first two years of my life on a riverbank and that is no lie, just cannot say that I remember it.

Yes, you are right you did not say that I was bad, but with the overload of empathy that I feel from others, I cannot seem to let anyone knock on that, it is hell enough that I have to be this way and feel the pains of others like I do.

Freaking Hollywood? Being satanic I thought you would worship hollywood.

Evil is around us and is winning ... sad but true.

then y u aginst what i say? and no i worship myself....

Edited by WEREGIRL666

Normal people of the society.

In the world of today, people are thought to be very cold, unfriendly and wary of other people and quite unwilling to help. But there are stories of people donating lots of money to ecomomically bad countries or they send money and aid over to help someone in distress. Can we still say people are cold? Or are they keeping their warmer hearts somewhere where it is not found until the need comes?

Um.... I'll disagree. I think our sphere of concern is wider than it has ever been. Hopefully it will get even bigger too :)

Um.... I'll disagree. I think our sphere of concern is wider than it has ever been. Hopefully it will get even bigger too :)

are you kidding me? if anything the world cares less. back in the day people like boys never talked about sex in public! now? they flaunt it and its because of our media. poeple give shure a dollar a year still its something...something to make them feel good about themselves so they can sleep at night.

Whatever you pay attention to becomes the focus. The more you look for something, the more you will find it.

Yes, there is a lot of bad in the world. Lots of selfishness and greed. But a heck of a lot of good and kindness to. It's the overall vs. the individual, and I think it impossible to judge, and I refuse to stereotype.

My 10-year-old son's new motto: "complaining never stops the rain." And who was it, Ghandi? "Be the change you wish to see."

then y u aginst what i say? and no i worship myself....

I dont know maybe I didnt understand what you where saying or maybe you get used to people being against you and assumed that I was too.

Whatever you pay attention to becomes the focus. The more you look for something, the more you will find it.

Yes, there is a lot of bad in the world. Lots of selfishness and greed. But a heck of a lot of good and kindness to. It's the overall vs. the individual, and I think it impossible to judge, and I refuse to stereotype.

My 10-year-old son's new motto: "complaining never stops the rain." And who was it, Ghandi? "Be the change you wish to see."

Exactly...the law of attraction states you become (and are surrounded by) what you think about most.

We see cold morals

I am quite taken with this terminology.

It actually does sum up well what I have been observing and what I think others have been trying to express and deal with.

It is probably part of political correctness where a dominant part of society encourages charity by groups and for groups but discourages any direct personal involvement and implies it is a stupid way to open up to an unwanted situation that will drain away time that needs to be better spent in the rat race to keep pulling ahead of the competition.

People are told that if they really want to help join the group, give your free time to the group, that the group is everything and the individual is nothing.

Or perhaps it is a spin off of bigger and bigger governments, that bigger is always better until there is nothing left of the local at all, let alone the individual.

I think I will file the term "cold morals" away as a keeper. Professional clinical morality.

It was Ghandi - "You must be the change you want to see in the world". There's a lot of truth in that.

:yes: I've been homeless as well. Not a fun thing. But I can't say that I'm not happy it happened. I gained so much respect for others that are or have been in that same position. Alot of people automatically assume that people become homeless because of their own bad choices. . .and, while that is true in some cases, I met many more that were just victims of circumstance. I got kicked out as well. My mother was a bit. . ."crazy" at the time. I lost my job because I had no way to get there. .I couldn't get another job, even though I tried. . If it wouldn't have been for a handful of good people that helped me, there is a good chance that I would still be in the same position or worse. Strangely enough, the ones that helped me were those that could barely help themselves. . .yet they still reached out a hand to someone in an even worse position. I agree that there seems to be too few people willing to help just for the sake of helping. . . Some people simply don't care. They're doing good, and that's all that matters. I never understood these people that have millions of dollars and live their lives just to get more and never think too hard about giving to those that really need it. In my current position, I can't afford to give, but I still do. Maybe its just the experiences? If you never experience the hardships of being poor or homeless, then you don't really know the truth of it. . .they can make excuses for NOT helping. . .The phrase "Get a job you bum" comes to mind. . .but its not as easy as that. It always brings tears to my eyes to meet a person that has dedicated their lives to helping others. . .truly helping others with no gain to themselves other than the satisfaction of being a good person.

Yes, but the fact of the matter is, theres only a small minority that actually donate money, let alone a big contribution. The world is in fact, a pretty cruel place, but theres not much we can do. People will be cruel just to be accepted by others.