Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Isreal the miracle country turns 60

Adonaijah

Israel: The miracle country turns 60 - By Tom Flannery – www.worldnetdaily.com

This week, the world will watch (millions with joy, millions of others in absolute rage) as Israel celebrates the 60th anniversary of her miraculous rebirth on May 14, 1948, and the nation's many astounding accomplishments since that historic day – all of which has unfolded specifically as foretold in Scripture thousands of years earlier.

Indeed, all of Israel's history – her future history – was recorded in precise detail in the pages of both the Old and New Testaments thousands of years before it ever happened.

Jesus warned as He was being taken to the cross that the Jewish women weeping for Him should weep instead for themselves (Luke 23:27-31). He was foretelling a future judgment upon the Jewish people and their nation for their rejection of Him, which He had already said would include the complete destruction of the Temple.

Jesus prophesied that "not one stone [of the Temple] shall be left here upon another" (Matthew 24:2), and not one of them was when Rome ransacked Israel, took the Jews into captivity and reduced the Temple to rubble nearly 40 years later, in A.D. 70. For some 2,000 years after that, the Jewish people were dispersed throughout the world in what is known as the Diaspora.

Many have erroneously taught since then that this represented God washing His hands of Israel and the Jews forever. They promote Replacement Theology, the idea that the Church has replaced Israel in the plan of God.

Yet God Himself assures in His Word that, while He would certainly punish Israel and the Jews for their rebelliousness during the Church Age (as He did in Old Testament times), He would never totally abandon or utterly destroy them (Psalm 89:30-35).

Thus, the Bible asks if a nation can be born "in a day" or "at once" (Isaiah 66:8). That rhetorical question was answered with a resounding "Yes!" on May 14, 1948, when this end-time prophecy foretold by God through Isaiah was miraculously fulfilled over 2,000 years after it was recorded.

So, has God cast off His chosen people and left them without hope? No, as this prophecy from Isaiah makes abundantly clear. In the New Testament, Paul answers this same question forcefully by inspiration of the Holy Spirit: "Certainly not! ... God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew" (Romans 11:1-2). Thus, there are more Jews coming to saving faith in Yeshua (Jesus) today than at any time since the time of Christ, when the entire Church was Jewish and remained so for many years.

God promised in Ezekiel 37 that rather than forsaking the Jews in the end times, He would revive them as a people by bringing them "out of their graves" (Hitler's attempted extermination of the Jewish race in the Holocaust) and back to their homeland (Israel's miraculous rebirth in 1948).

So much for Replacement Theology!

History has demonstrated that any people displaced from their homeland for more than five generations will be absorbed by the cultures into which they've migrated and lose their national identity. The Jews were out of the land for some 2,000 years during the Diaspora and, being persecuted wherever they went (often by those who claimed to be Christians yet violated the teachings of Jesus by their heinous actions), they had every reason to forsake their identity. But they didn't. God preserved them as a people just as He promised all along (Jeremiah 30:11).

God also promised that when He brought them back into their land, He would never allow them to be uprooted from it again (Amos 9:15). Since that historic day in 1948, He has upheld this promise by supernaturally preserving the people and nation through a litany of wars, intifadas and terrorist attacks launched by their Arab enemies.

God's Word revealed that Israel would be surrounded in the last days by enemies who would seek to destroy her but who would instead ultimately be destroyed by God (Zechariah 12:1-3). True to His Word as always, God has consistently blessed His chosen people with victory through all these assaults over the past six decades, even when Israel was facing seemingly insurmountable odds militarily (starting on May 15, 1948, when the nascent state was attacked by five Arab nations). He has also fulfilled all other promises He made to the Jews about what He would do once He brought them back into their historic homeland.

The first of these promises concerned the land itself. In the 1800s, Mark Twain – a devout atheist – traveled to the Holy Land and mocked the idea that it would ever be of use to anyone ever again. He wrote in his book "The Innocents Abroad" how it was a desolate, unlivable land where you couldn't even find cactus growing.

So much for the Bible, he seemed to be saying.

Yet God had promised thousands of years earlier that He would make the desert land bloom once the Jews returned (Isaiah 35:1-2), and that is precisely what He's done these past decades – so much so that Israel is now a leading exporter of fruit to the world. As God foretold: "Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit" (Isaiah 27:6).

Other key prophecies involved the restoration of the once-dead Hebrew language (Zephaniah 3:9) and the return of Jews to Israel from around the world (Jeremiah 31:8-12, Ezekiel 36:24, etc.), both of which have been miraculously fulfilled.

And just as God has fulfilled His promise to restore Israel as a nation physically, He has also promised to restore the nation spiritually at the time of Christ's Second Coming. God showed the prophet Zechariah this scene thousands of years in advance and revealed what will take place on that day: "And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn" (Zechariah 12:10).

Just as Joseph revealed himself to his estranged brothers on their third time into the land and copious tears were shed among them (Genesis 45), Jesus is going to reveal Himself to His estranged brothers (the Jewish nation) now that He has brought them back into their land for the third time. And when He does, they will weep and mourn for Him as one would for an "only son ... for a firstborn." Jesus is both God's "only begotten Son" (John 3:16-18) and the "firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18).

God's self-references in this passage from Zechariah as both "Me" and "Him" underscore the truth of the Trinity – not three distinct Gods, but one true God in three distinct Persons. He is the God whom Scripture tells us never slumbers nor sleeps in defense of Israel, as these past 60 years and all the years of human history before that have continually borne out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maranatha ! - (Lord Come Quickly)

"On CHRIST the SOLID ROCK I stand, all other ground is sinking sand"

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karlis

• Cradle of Fish

• Demian

• --Mandalore--

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus prophesied that "not one stone [of the Temple] shall be left here upon another" (Matthew 24:2)

what about the Western wall ? that still stands.

The idea that there's a connection between events of today, of 60 years ago and of several thousand years ago is an illusion.

If someone nuked the Holy land , would they still come worship the Holy Hole in the Ground?

There is nothing Holy about The hate which resides over there.

The dump near my house is more blessed.

Love Omnaka

I'll toss in my penny's worth, folks.

Israel's gain of land in 1948 was not a really full fulfillment of prophecy. It may have been a "partial" fulfillment for the Jews/Judah ... but NOT a fulfillment for all the tribes of Israel; I believe that is still in the future, at the coming of Jesus the Anointed One, who will then establish the [or rather "a"] Kingdom headquartered at Jerusalem, and then re-gather all the blood-line tribes of Israel back into the Promised Land. Do I sound "screwy"? Probably. :)

Is God on the side of Israel? For sure! But Israel includes the "ten lost tribes"; according to prophecy, they all still have a great tribulation ahead, which also includes present-day Jews in their current land. -- But I somehow doubt that God is smiling on the cut-throat tactics the Jews have been forced to employ, in holding onto their present territory.

Just a few, short rambling thoughts,

Karlis

Edited by Karlis

Congrats on Israel having it's 60th I guess. Hopefully at some point in the future I don't have to see billions of my countries tax dollars being sent there.

Edited by Razer

If someone nuked the Holy land , would they still come worship the Holy Hole in the Ground?

There is nothing Holy about The hate which resides over there.

The dump near my house is more blessed.

Love Omnaka

I couldn't agree more, Omnaka.

It is a land of hate and despair.

I dont know about you, but that land belonged to the Arabs, they fought the europeans for it for thousands of years and conquered it so why should they recognize this foreign country on their land? It's too late to take it back now though, but a lot of our problems in the world could have been avoided or downgraded significantly if Israel wasn't there.

I dont know about you, but that land belonged to the Arabs, they fought the europeans for it for thousands of years and conquered it so why should they recognize this foreign country on their land? It's too late to take it back now though, but a lot of our problems in the world could have been avoided or downgraded significantly if Israel wasn't there.
Well, I suppose if one does not believe in the God of Israel, Cradle of Fish, one could accept your statement as being valid.

On the other hand -- "if" one looks at Scriptures of the Bible, then quite a different scenario unfolds.

For example, the following:

Mic 4:1 But it shall be in the last days the mountain of the house of Jehovah shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be lifted up above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it.

Mic 4:2 And many nations shall come and say, Come and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, and to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths; for the Law shall go forth out of Zion, and the Word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.

Mic 4:3 And He shall judge between many peoples, and will decide for strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, And they shall not still learn war.

Mic 4:4 But they shall sit each one under his vine and under his fig tree; and there shall be no trembling; for the mouth of Jehovah of Hosts has spoken,

Mic 4:5 For all peoples will walk, each one in the name of his god; and we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever and ever.

Mic 4:6 In that day, says Jehovah, I will gather the lame, and I will gather the banished, and the one I have afflicted.

Mic 4:7 And I will make the lame into a remnant, and her who was cast off a strong nation; and Jehovah shall reign over them in Mount Zion from now on, even forever.

Mic 4:8 And you, O tower of the flock, the hill of the daughter of Zion, to you it shall happen. And rulers, the chief ones, shall come, the kingdom of the daughter of Jerusalem.

Mic 4:9 Now why do you cry aloud? Is there no king among you? Has your counselor perished? For pangs have taken you like one giving birth.

Mic 4:10 Be in pain and deliver, daughter of Zion, like one giving birth. For now you shall go out from the city, and you shall dwell in the field; and you shall go to Babylon. There you shall be snatched back; there Jehovah shall redeem you from the hand of your enemies.

Mic 4:11 Now also many nations are gathered against you, who say, Let her be defiled, and let our eyes look on Zion.

Mic 4:12 But they do not know the plans of Jehovah, nor do they understand His counsel. For He has gathered them like the sheaf to the floor.

Mic 4:13 Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion; for I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hoofs bronze; and you shall crush many peoples. And I will give their gain to Jehovah, and their wealth to the Lord of the all the earth.

What do you think this may mean? Racist supremacy propaganda, or God's plan outlined?

Karlis

Well, I suppose if one does not believe in the God of Israel, Cradle of Fish, one could accept your statement as being valid.

I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hoofs bronze; and you shall crush many peoples. And I will give their gain to Jehovah, and their wealth to the Lord of the all the earth.

What do you think this may mean? Racist supremacy propaganda, or God's plan outlined?

Karlis

I vote for "Racist supremacy propaganda".

I vote for "Racist supremacy propaganda".
Since this is a prophecy for Israel's future, we will have to wait and see what happens. B)

I still maintain that Israel (the 12 tribes combined) are God's Chosen Nation. :geek:

Karlis

PS: I wonder if a thread on prophecies about the future would go well on this board?

Karlis

Since this is a prophecy for Israel's future, we will have to wait and see what happens. B)

I still maintain that Israel (the 12 tribes combined) are God's Chosen Nation. :geek:

Karlis

PS: I wonder if a thread on prophecies about the future would go well on this board?

Karlis

Pretty sure that powers that be around the world in 1948 just decided to do that so they could claim they helped fulfill bible prophecy, because "they" know they end is near. Everything that happens these days is for a reason and it isnt for Gods reason, that for sure. God doesnt toil in punishment or rewarding of human kind. he is much to busy

Happy Birthday to Israel and I hope many more to come. :yes:

That sounds to me like the people liking where they have lived for ages and writing about it. The arabs conquered that land after many crusades, why shouldn't it be theirs? And I disregard scripture because it's not something you want to base foreign policy on.

Karlis

Why would the divine creator of the entire universe prefer one tiny section of land with people living on it to any other?

Why would the divine creator of the entire universe prefer one tiny section of land with people living on it to any other?

Well.......umm.

Does it have free cable television?

Weeee!!! Happy birthday to one of the biggest mistakes made by the UN (It might be the biggest, the jury is still out). That was surely a good move.

Weeee!!! Happy birthday to one of the biggest mistakes made by the UN (It might be the biggest, the jury is still out). That was surely a good move.

Well, let's just say the UN has made alot worse mistakes my friend.

Anyways, Happy B-day Israel!!! Congrats!!

They have been through alot, for example: Holocaust

P.S. Anyone remember the 6 Day War or The Yom Kippur War?

Well, let's just say the UN has made alot worse mistakes my friend.

Anyways, Happy B-day Israel!!! Congrats!!

They have been through alot, for example: Holocaust

P.S. Anyone remember the 6 Day War or The Yom Kippur War?

To some here Tarheel. The Holocaust would be considered a good start. I wish Isreal many many many more years of life and happiness in THEIR land.

To some here Tarheel. The Holocaust would be considered a good start. I wish Isreal many many many more years of life and happiness in THEIR land.

Same here Plainbob! :tu:

Right on! Keep your eye on Israel, it will happen just as foretold in the bible. No doubt about it.

Right on! Keep your eye on Israel, it will happen just as foretold in the bible. No doubt about it.

I hope whatever 'it' is happens fast so us reasonable folks can pick up the pieces and carry on with our lives.

~~~ ...

Hi Cradle – the only way I can “sort of” answer that, is by copy-pasting some Scriptures – but – to accept the meaning, you will have to accept validity of Scriptures. ... But you will not accept such Scriptures, will you, Cradle? :)

Never mind; here are some of such Scriptures anyway; consider them ... your choice. B)

Isa 41:8 you, Israel, are My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham, My friend;

Psa 135:4 For Jehovah has chosen Jacob to Himself, and Israel for His peculiar treasure.

Exo 19:5 And now if you will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure to Me above all the nations; for all the earth is Mine.

Exo 19:6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.

***And, In my opinion here is the “ultimate purpose” for which Israel shall be used by God, after Jesus returns and sets up *a Kingdom ruled by God on Earth*

Isa 2:2 And it shall be, in the last days the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow into it.

Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come, and let us go to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths. For out of Zion shall go out the Law, and the Word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.

Isa 2:4 And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

-=-=-

How reasonable does this sound, Cradle?

I mean, how reasonable for an ideal "Master Plan for Mankind", if you put aside (for a moment, for argument's sake) a rule by a Supreme God, and the unreliability of Scriptures?

I guess one could argue that Mankind is too proud too self-reliant to surrender self-determination to a dictatorial government. :)

Hhmmm -- If there is no plan of God for Mankind, what do you see in Mankind's future?

Karlis