Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic abilities

irken_dreamer

Has anyone heard of any theories of things that improve psychic abilities or surpress them that they think are not true? What kind of things do you think actually do surpress them?

Oh and I think that I'll try lucid dreaming to try and improve them, since it seems to have worked before and is the easiest and most entertaining way to me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• irken_dreamer

• Sporkling

• John from Lowell

• chrisfreak

ive heard that total abstinance is essential.....that means no nookie....for loooong periods of time to build up your power

although that may be an excuse that folk who arent getting any use to explain their dark rings around their eyes, pallid complexions and strong forearms.

Spending long periods of time in small dark rooms "meditating on improving your psychic powers" is not going to help anyone 'get the girls'.

perhaps it would be better to develop the conventional skills of human contact first.

• 3 weeks later...

I've stopped have lucid dreams for a while but lately I've been trying to have more. I think it's been harder to lucid dream because I haven't for a while now. I think that I had two lucid dreams in a row but it only lasted for a minute each time though. In one I woke up right after I realized that I was dreaming because I panicked. I don't really think that I tried to control them because I didn't stay lucid long enough to do anything.

Anyway after those two days I was reading this science magazine. Something on one page reminded me of something off one of the Superman movies. Then I turned the page and it said something about Superman!

Btw the first thing that I read had nothing to do with Superman, it was just something about time and days and nights. It reminded me of one of the movies because in one of them Lois gets killed, so he goes around the Earth and makes it spin backwards and somehow going back in time. Also the two things I read weren't in the same article, they were two completely different things. I don't even think about Superman that much either, especially not the any of the old movies about him. Does anyone think that could have been anything psychic?

I've stopped have lucid dreams for a while but lately I've been trying to have more. I think it's been harder to lucid dream because I haven't for a while now. I think that I had two lucid dreams in a row but it only lasted for a minute each time though. In one I woke up right after I realized that I was dreaming because I panicked. I don't really think that I tried to control them because I didn't stay lucid long enough to do anything.

Anyway after those two days I was reading this science magazine. Something on one page reminded me of something off one of the Superman movies. Then I turned the page and it said something about Superman!

Btw the first thing that I read had nothing to do with Superman, it was just something about time and days and nights. It reminded me of one of the movies because in one of them Lois gets killed, so he goes around the Earth and makes it spin backwards and somehow going back in time. Also the two things I read weren't in the same article, they were two completely different things. I don't even think about Superman that much either, especially not the any of the old movies about him. Does anyone think that could have been anything psychic?

thought i would put my two cents in on this... :) you actually can stop seeing them if you like all you have to do is ask to stop seeing them i know that sounds tooooo simple but i promise it works... just simply close your eyes and ask (GOD.. ) your higher power which ever you believe in to help you stop seeing them... that's what i did... but i didn't want to stop seeing them i just wanted them to have a certain time and place to meet with me.. and it's worked so far!!!! twenty two years to be exact...

good luck to you all..

I was wondering what kind of things improve psychic abilities. Do certain things improve all of them? Do certain things only improves some abilities?

I've heard that meditation and eating certain things will improve them. I was also wondering if lucid dreaming can improve them because a while back I had several lucid dreams in a row and then had a psychic experience and I haven't had a psychic experience happen to me in years. So does anyone have any theories on things that improve them or can you tell what has worked for you? I think seeing spirits would be a psychic ability right? If it isn't just include it on the list anyway. I've seen one ghost (but I'd like to see more) and I've had a few psychic experiences (but would like to have more).

open acceptance to yourself, I mean hear whats being said spirits communicate telepathicly so all those voices you hear are them sometimes and trust your very first gut instinct that is harder than you think if you do learn that things fall in to place

Never question your first instinct. Never!

• 3 weeks later...
ive heard that total abstinance is essential.....that means no nookie....for loooong periods of time to build up your power

although that may be an excuse that folk who arent getting any use to explain their dark rings around their eyes, pallid complexions and strong forearms.

Spending long periods of time in small dark rooms "meditating on improving your psychic powers" is not going to help anyone 'get the girls'.

perhaps it would be better to develop the conventional skills of human contact first.

Your too funny!

I think that the vast majority of people would agree that meditation helps, but that practicing and documenting your results is the only tried and true way of improving. If you keep good records, you will have a living document of proof so that you can begin to tie together those situations where you were right or wrong, and draw conclusions of your own abilities based on what you have done in the past.

Personally, I know that I get what feels like premonitions in my dreams, but not once has one of them proven accurate. I've learned that this is just not something I do well, though I know others who have strong psychic abilities when asleep. When I'm awake and I feel strongly about a prediction, I am rarely wrong, unless I misinterpret a symbolic message.

My records can show this, and it helps me learn what to read more about, or how to focus my energies.

well,i don't really think my abilities come under the typical "psychic" category...but what i did to hone my skills was first off...focus on ONE target around you...then slowly focus your mind towards multiple targets...

for what i can do i also developed exercises to increase my capacity.

for example-id stand near the highway,see a driver-lock on to him and keep my focus on HIS mind alone and see how long i can hold my focus for,then use the speed vs time to work out distance. i can hold onto a target for 250-300m.

other things i do are : I focus all my energy on ONE target close by and see how much influence i can have over them-but that usualy takes a MAJOR toll on my body and my nose bleeds.

by the way,any queries about my gift ill answer...send me a message and ill reply asap.

:lol: :lol: