Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2 people having the same exact dream...?

whimsicalreverie

I know I've seen a post like this before, but I can't remember where it was, or who it's by. XP

Anyways, but do you think that someone can have a dream about someone else, and that same person have the same exact dream, but just in their perspective? :\

My Mom and Dad one time had a dream about vampires on the very same night. Of course they couldn't remember it exactly, but it is just such a strange coincidence that they would both have a dream about vampires, of all things, on the same night.

So... I would just think it's interesting, that if a person can have a dream about someone, then that person can have the very same dream with the other person in it. And if all of this astral travel is true, and that some dreams actually take place in the astral realm, then maybe both of the people are actually there in the same astral realm. ...It wouldn't explain the vampires though... :P Unless the vampires were created from someone's mind, since apparently in the astral realm you can create anything you want to.

Anyways, just thought it was interesting to note. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

And if there is a thread already open on this topic (since I know I saw it somewhere before XP) then please let me know and I will join that discussion instead. :)

EDIT: Ah ha! I found it. :P Linking to there:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...p;#entry2302724

Edited by whimsicalreverie

It's possible, as dreams are happening on the astral plane (mostly a lower, fluid and very personal plane), two people can share the same dream by projecting together, being aware of doing that or not.

Another possibility is a psychic connection of some sort.

From my own experience it is also possible to project into two other individuals dreams and have them dream the same thing about you and then come questioning you about it the day after once they've told each other about the dream and realized it was the same and you were also part of it.

Not an easy task though, I did that once, and it wasn't even really on purpose.

-EA

• 3 weeks later...

sometimes ill have a feeling after a dream or during it that i was "sharing" the whole experience.

normally after that ill type a quick search on matchadream.com

and if its not there, then ill put an entry in myself. one time i had a very similar dream with someone, but they had it 3 months before i did...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

It's possible, as dreams are happening on the astral plane (mostly a lower, fluid and very personal plane), two people can share the same dream by projecting together, being aware of doing that or not.

Another possibility is a psychic connection of some sort.

From my own experience it is also possible to project into two other individuals dreams and have them dream the same thing about you and then come questioning you about it the day after once they've told each other about the dream and realized it was the same and you were also part of it.

Not an easy task though, I did that once, and it wasn't even really on purpose.

-EA

I have done the same. i have been in other peoples dreams and even shared a dream with five people before.. two of whom i didnt even know.. but i had met in the dream.

i also wonder. if two people can share a dream.. via astral projection, is it then also possible to astral project to a person when you are awake? and also... can you comunicate by projecting your own thoughts into someone elses head. i have done both of these... and i can usually read a person pretty in depth through their thoughts. can other people do this, or am i just different?

also.. is it supposed to be possible to manifest things... like light or air and manipulate them to your will or what?

just wondering.

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure but isnt the physic plane or whatever you call it Lucid dreaming?

Ssana Mei- how do you know you shared a dream with that person? What you describe could be Lucid dreaming (not that I'm an expert) Sharing a dream with a stranger doesn't mean your sharing it with them...it could be something else, made believe...because how do you know you shared it with them?

I do hope you can share a dream with someone, but I believe that it can be achieved through hard work...me and my friend are doing an experiment on it! It defiantly isnt easy because we both have to reach the same level on lucid dreams, and generate a link between us though we havent meet...but it might just work! I hope my best

Yes because some people experience or see or have the same things going on in their life

That dsnt make thm share a dream simply for that...

You can still have the same dream doesn't mean you are sharing dreams

Yea thats what I said :/

Here's one of my experiences with shared dreaming.

I've told this before I think but I had a dream maybe a year or so ago where I was walking around my house in the early morning and it had been spray painted(like vandalized)with red spray paint. It was painted all over the walls and the doors and just everywhere and I was in shock because I didnt know I was dreaming and I was just thinking who would do that to my house. Anyway I was walking through the house just looking and I stopped in a certain room and was thinking how the red paint was done how a child would do. Like the drawings and the words were written by like a 4yr and I was just in shock kinda and was trying to work it out. Anyway then my son ran into me which made me go lucider and I asked him about the paint and he said that he had done it and that we were dreaming or something and he was just running around having fun painting everything. I dont remember much more after that but just feeling relieved that my house wasnt trashed and it all just went white and the dream ended.

Anyway in the morning I asked my son first(without speaking of my dream)what he had dreamt(which I always do).. and he told me about how he dreamt that he was running around the house painting everything with red spray paint. I asked what else happened and he said that I leant down(which I think is when he bumped into me)and that he kissed me on the nose and a fairy came out. And that was pretty much his dream.

So I told him I was glad we were dreaming.

Link

So some can say its only because you've done the same thing together during the day which has made you dream a similar thing(of course that can happen)but personally I think sometimes you can be together during dreams.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, it happened to me and my husband I would say 2 months ago (?)

I dreamed that I had a baby (nothing graphic), but i couldnt remember if it was a boy first and then A girl, but after I woke up, I told him about it, and he just told me that he had the same dream but a little different.

He told me I had a daughter first, but he wanted me to have A son. (Not my fault if that ever happened lol)

me and my son had exactly the same dream when he was 5...it was about people coming through the walls but we both had flu and were having extremely high temperatures ...is the only time ive ever experienced it x

My daughter S and I have experienced a similar dream however not on the same day but a few years apart.

My dream…2001:- Was about observing a young girl who was wearing a long gown and she was holding a golden cup. The girl approached me and she said that I was from the cup and then she held out the vessel for me to take. I clasped the cup and I was about to have a sip of its liquid contents when I awoke.

My daughters dream…2003:- She was speaking with Jesus who offered her a drink from a golden chalice then he told her to give her mother a message that she (I) must drink from the cup.

The dreams could have been a bizarre coincidence yet there’s another dream which I experienced that isn’t a shared dream but may fit in with the astral realm theory.

The date was 26.10.2000: - My youngest daughter J was in hospital after a major operation.

I had been at the hospital all day during the operation and then I returned home for a rest. I had just fallen asleep when I heard an electronic bleeping noise. I wandered towards the noise and I saw J lying on the hospital bed. Next! I saw S walk into the ward with her landlord and a fair haired girl that I had never seen before. S leaned against the hospital bed and she accidentally bumped it where-upon J yelled out and I awoke.

The following day when I was visiting J at the hospital, she told me that her sister had visited with her the previous night and that she had brought her landlord and his daughter with her. J then complained about her sister because she had clumsily knocked the bed.