Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Nanotedi

Umbrakinesis(control of shadows)

66 posts in this topic

Nanotedi

Does anyone know any techs for this?

By the way I DO have a life I DO have friends!!!!!!

viva revolution

sure u do ;)

jk

that be cool to be able to do that. Interesting topic

Sporkling

well there is nothing in the internet about unbrakinesis. But I have a tech. At night, you do see some light around your room right? Well just focus on darkning that light.

I find this site very informative.

http://dewarlorx.com/umbrakinesis.htm

Well I don't have much info on that particular type of ability. But If I may ask, why do you find umbrakinesis interesting?

Edited by Sporkling

Nucular

Yet another '-kinesis' superpower!

I honestly think that if believers in psi spent half as much time thinking about how best to demonstrate their abilities as they do considering the taxonomical categorisation of different 'abilities', we'd probably all know whether they exist or not and be thinking about other things.

Anyway, 'control of shadows'. Does this make any sense whatsoever? Consider the way a shadow is created - it is simply light obscured by an object which does not allow light to pass through it. That's it. What scope (or reason) is there to affect this psychically?

Sporkling

It does make some sense. In a scientifical sense, many things are not possible till proven. So why begrudge umbrakinesis.

Nucular
It does make some sense. In a scientifical sense, many things are not possible till proven. So why begrudge umbrakinesis.

I will steadfastly entertain the remote possibility, simply for the reason that the correct use of the scientific method can produce surprises. But in real terms, here we have yet another name for an ill-defined, zero-evidenced phenomenon which there are plenty of reasons to doubt.

Maybe there is such a thing; all I'm doing really is voicing a certain frustration that people will put all their effort into thinking up new abilities and introducing clever nomenclature without giving a thought to building on any other knowledge or even half-heartedly trying to think about how to show its existence.

Nanotedi has requested that people supply techniques for this supposed ability, without stopping to wonder if it's possible. The way shadows and light actually work doesn't seem to enter into this, and it's the lack of curiosity, I suppose, that grates a little.

But yes, you're right - 'umbrakinesis' is no more nor less guilty of this (I think) lazy world-view than any of the other kineses or psi phenomena. It's just another homeless kid on the overcrowded, completely unexplored, psi-block (to mangle a metaphor).

Sporkling

But of course it is possible. Why ever should it not be? Because science said so? If so, what better would I be than mindless zombies? I must have the freedom to think for myself. For that is usually the mindset for the breakthrough for discovery.

Nucular
But of course it is possible. Why ever should it not be? Because science said so? If so, what better would I be than mindless zombies? I must have the freedom to think for myself. For that is usually the mindset for the breakthrough for discovery.

I don't think it's so much what 'science dictates' which would class someone as a mindless zombie - indeed, science has very little to say on the subject of what's not possible. To me it's rather more mindless to uncritically accept claims with no thought to their veracity, and no reason to think them true. Of course we must have the freedom to think for ourselves; the only question is how well we do so.

Sporkling

And yet it does so in such a way that people don't know how it takes control. It is a tool. And a tool that can be used in a good or bad way.

Edited by Sporkling

Nanotedi

Sporkling, The reason I found this ability interisting is because it could be used anywhere, day(You could make the shadows) night, even in space!! Since it is the brother to Photokinesis it might make that easier( I have some techs for both of the(Like 1 for each,Well 2 for Umbrakinesis, Thanks:) ). ALso it would extend much farther then just making shadows! I have go to tons of sites(MOst of them just had descriptions) Most, if not all said the you could, pretty much lift, The shadows off the ground to pick stuff up, Also it is said you can create reverse wormholes using the ability to teleport. You can also create solid(But most likely temporary) objects with it.

Kevin A.
Sporkling, The reason I found this ability interisting is because it could be used anywhere, day(You could make the shadows) night, even in space!! Since it is the brother to Photokinesis it might make that easier( I have some techs for both of the(Like 1 for each,Well 2 for Umbrakinesis, Thanks:) ). ALso it would extend much farther then just making shadows! I have go to tons of sites(MOst of them just had descriptions) Most, if not all said the you could, pretty much lift, The shadows off the ground to pick stuff up, Also it is said you can create reverse wormholes using the ability to teleport. You can also create solid(But most likely temporary) objects with it.

I mean.......just......wow......

Evidently umbrakinesis is capable of rendering me at a complete loss for words. Truly a powerful psi ability.....

Kevin A.

Moonie2012

I believe the best technique for practicing this would be to quit believing in complete and utter rubbish.

Edited by Moonie2012

mnemeion

The TS must be a Naruto Fan.

Nucular
ALso it would extend much farther then just making shadows! I have go to tons of sites(MOst of them just had descriptions) Most, if not all said the you could, pretty much lift, The shadows off the ground to pick stuff up,

Nanotedi, what is your understanding of a 'shadow'? I have a hole in my garden that might make a nice coffee table for you.

Also it is said you can create reverse wormholes using the ability to teleport.

They do seem to be words, but they're not in any order with which I'm familiar.

I don't mean to be mean, you really genuinely have lost me.

Cosineoftheta

It's reasonable to imagine that you can manipulate light to refract it in such a way that you could change the shadow. You can also create light. This should be obvious to anyone who understands physics. As gas is excited it creates light waves, so if you can push energy into a gas until it creates visible light then you can make shadows go away.

To try to shroud yourself in shadows or nonsense like that is impossible. Though I'm sure a powerful enough psion could just make sure you don't look a certain way, or use any number of techniques to alter perception of themselves to achieve the same goal.

Sporkling
I could teach you cheesekinesis.

:no: Psikids.

Well, actually the proper name for cheesekinesis is lactokinesis. The ability to control dairy products with the mind.

chrisfreak

Oh, the ability to control shadow... yeah, I know that. In fact, the Javanese people in Indonesia learned that long time ago, it's called wayang

Nucular
Well, actually the proper name for cheesekinesis is lactokinesis. The ability to control dairy products with the mind.

:D

DfizzleShizzle

I suprisingly agree with the skeptics. Shdows are created by something blockin light. I don't think you could "control" the shadows. Maybe you could manipulate the light in such a way that it allowed the shadows to move how you wnated to...But I don't really know...

Mahtu

yeah, i don't know much about umbrakinesis, never met a person who could do it or anything similar. I've read a lot of different things on dewarlorx. It might be possible to manipulate the light to affect the shadows, but I'm not sure. As far as wormholes, teleporting, and moving objects with the shadow, I don't know how that would work. The moving objects seems more like a telekinesis thing and teleporting is a whole other thing that is confusing enough in itself lol.

Anyways, I wish you luck in your search. :tu:

Sabbath

......... :huh:

Fluffybunny
......... :huh:

Blacksabbath, please refrain from single word posts, or just smilie posts, they dont add to the conversation and are generally annoying. Thank you.

2e. Garbage posting: Do not deliberately make posts of little worth or that contain nonsense, this includes making numerous short non-constructive posts designed to quickly inflate your post count or to annoy other members

Nanotedi

Acutually I was wrong it is not controlling shadows(while you can do that) It is like creating darkness so yeah sorry I just went some of the pages I went through, re read them and discoverd I made a mistake. :hmm:

Sabbath
2e. Garbage posting: Do not deliberately make posts of little worth or that contain nonsense, this includes making numerous short non-constructive posts designed to quickly inflate your post count or to annoy other members

By no means. I was just expressing my loss of words for this topic, not to increase my post count which has no meaning to me. If it's that much of an issue to you, then I'll try to elabrote a bit more next time.

Edited by Blacksabbath

Nucular
Acutually I was wrong it is not controlling shadows(while you can do that) It is like creating darkness so yeah sorry I just went some of the pages I went through, re read them and discoverd I made a mistake. :hmm:

Nanotedi,

What is darkness? Is it a thing, a stuff, or a substance? Is it something you can pick up, or move around?

Or is it simply an absence of something?