Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Umbrakinesis(control of shadows)

Nanotedi

I have to agree. For one thing, the only way to create darkness is to take away or manipulate light. Also, darkness is not solid. If you were to create darkness, you'd be bending or blocking the light, but you have to understand that it wouldn't have anything to do with lifting objects or making wormholes. It could have practical applications in distracting someone or hiding yourself for a short period of time, I guess. But not much more than that.

I believe its real. I mean, who knows what is a shadow? All we know about it, is that it is a result of blocking light. But can we control it? Highly debatable.

Edited by Sporkling

I think it could be theoretically possible if someone could find a way to manipulate the light or block it in some way, but what use would it have? That's the real question.

I believe its real. I mean, who knows what is a shadow? All we know about it, is that it is a result of blocking light.

Well... what don't we know about shadows, Spork? What unanswered questions which leave room for the type of claims Nanotedi is making are there?

Well Nano didn't REALLY make any claims other than the research he's done and wanting to learn techniques. He never said he could do it, just that he's been researching and wants to learn. His descriptions of the ability itself, however, do sound very farfetched.

Controlling shadows by refracting light with mere thought. :huh:

Interesting! But, highly improbable.

Well... what don't we know about shadows, Spork? What unanswered questions which leave room for the type of claims Nanotedi is making are there?

Just that we only think we know about shadows. But yet, shadows contain a lot more mystery. I think that the shadow people or something like that is some type of controlled shadow. But then thats just my guess.

Just that we only think we know about shadows. But yet, shadows contain a lot more mystery. I think that the shadow people or something like that is some type of controlled shadow. But then thats just my guess.

Ah. So you weren't basing your opinion on any actual evidence, then?

You're simply referring to another totally unproven and fairly nonsensical claim in support of the first totally unproven and fairly nonsensical claim. Surely you need more than that to go on before you make your mind up, Spork?

No not really. Its just what I think. I base it on something that is another of the unknown. Its just an idea nuclear.

No not really. Its just what I think. I base it on something that is another of the unknown. Its just an idea nuclear.

Okay, it's just an idea, which is fair enough - I apologise if that came over harshly.

But from where I'm sitting, it looks as if all of these sorts of claims rest only on one another - a tangled, circular chain of paranormal contingency. So it does get a bit frustrating to see "X is true, because Y is", and when you look at Y, there's no more reason to think it true than X!

But again, I don't mean to sound harsh.

Your thinking about vampires.

They can manipulate shadows as transportation using even the tiniest shadow from a blade of grass or cloaking themselves and hiding with it.

Those are the storys gradma would tell me when I was little on movie-night if the recorder was'nt working.

Are you a vampire? Cuz' Umbrakenitics sounds like ethier the way vampires are said to have done it (which is IMPOSSIBLE for us) or is it manipulating the light of the shadow....

Look I put my hand infront of the lamp and made a bunny shadow! YAY! (is that what you mean? Cuz' even if Umbrakenisis WAS real theres not much you can do with it)

Oh for the love of... can we please stop taking words that mean things like 'shadow' and 'time' and tacking it on to 'kinesis'?! Don't mark me as a skeptic as I am very much a believer, but honestly I'm disinclined to believe the "kinetics" such as chronokinesis, umbrakinesis, biokinesis and the rest of that. Chrono in particular but I wont go into depth as to why here as the topic isn't centered around this.

Shadow/darkness is merely the absence of light meaning that even if this were an actual kinetic ability you would have to take the light and put it elsewhere. You would have to literally suck the light out of the area to create shadow.

My reply to you, versarnwen, is this. I believe with ki, you can do anything if you know how to. Though time I am not sure how that would work.

can you guys tell me whats the difference between umbrakinesis and photokinesis

as far as i know photokinesis is control of light

but you know its ridiculous to have either

Umbrakinesis is control of darkness.

Even if Umbrakinesis is real,controling shadows would not do much,maybe 'hiding' yourself with them or changing there shapes in animal silloutes to amuse younger kids,Umbrakinesis does not sound real,even if it was theres not much point in learning it because it would'nt do much.

• 1 month later...

hmm I think darkness can create holes that can penetrate space and time...just like black holes(in my personal view)

ki??? im into energy manipulation but i can't relate on how to use it to another types of kinetics hence it is just raw energy.....

i'de like to know it as it would create holes, hehe i would like to teleport hence it is very hard to ride when the gasoline and energy here is very expensive. :)

Yet another '-kinesis' superpower!

I honestly think that if believers in psi spent half as much time thinking about how best to demonstrate their abilities as they do considering the taxonomical categorisation of different 'abilities', we'd probably all know whether they exist or not and be thinking about other things.

Anyway, 'control of shadows'. Does this make any sense whatsoever? Consider the way a shadow is created - it is simply light obscured by an object which does not allow light to pass through it. That's it. What scope (or reason) is there to affect this psychically?

Consider a scientific explanation for any -kinesis

I'm a umbrokinesian (umbrokinesiologist?)

I can control my own shadow, all I need is a flashlight.

Yet another '-kinesis' superpower!

I honestly think that if believers in psi spent half as much time thinking about how best to demonstrate their abilities as they do considering the taxonomical categorisation of different 'abilities', we'd probably all know whether they exist or not and be thinking about other things.

Anyway, 'control of shadows'. Does this make any sense whatsoever? Consider the way a shadow is created - it is simply light obscured by an object which does not allow light to pass through it. That's it. What scope (or reason) is there to affect this psychically?

Thank god someone has some sense, was beginning to believe that the entire forum thought they were a bunch of superheroes playing God.

Edited by ShadowsAndDust

No -kinesis powers aren't really as strong as you're trying to make them sound. Like Pyro-kinesis. You can't make huge fireballs and throw them around, or hydro-kinesis you can't like make tsunamies. The human brain isn't that evolved yet (if it ever will be :whistle: ). And Umbra-kinesis, it doesn't make sense.

You can't control shadows, because they are created by something blocking the light. If you want to move the shadow you'd have to move the thing blocking the light. And teleportation?? How is that possible? I've never heard of anyone being able to teleport. And what does that have to do with shadows?

Edited by Valandis

• The topic was locked