Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Umbrakinesis(control of shadows)

Nanotedi

Light is electromagnetic radiation of a wavelengths. They all consist of electrical and magnetic fields that work together in a special way to form electromagnetic radiation. For humans to see this wavelength it must be from around 4,000 (violet) to about 7,700 (red) angstroms. The term light is often extended to wavelength ranges that the eye cannot detect - to infrared radiation, which has a frequency less than that of visible light, and to ultraviolet radiation and black light, which have a frequency greater than that of visible light. Source:

http://www.mcwdn.org/Physics/Light.html

Id first like to start with the so called ability named photokinesis because without light there is no dark. Since dark or shadows is defined as the absance of light it would only make sense that to control the dark or shadows youd have to beable to muniplate light. Well from the above paragraph states that our eyes can only see some of the wavelengths how could you fully beable to control light if you cant even see it all. Do ppl that have this ability have a sorta 6th sense about it? I dont know and it seems most ppl that claim these ability usally have a faith kinda attuidate about understanding the why and how of it all. Now as far as umbrakinesis goes from what i understand its muniplating the dark or shadows and the only way i see being able to do that would to be litarley moving wavelenghts of light from the selected area to make a darkness do anything that would be precieved as muniplating it. But wait isnt that the same concept of photokinesis?

Now dont take me wrong i do believe muniplating engery with ones own engeries is plossiable. If you can muniplate energy in light then why cant you do other engeries aswell. You can either manuiplate energies around you or you cant I really doubt there is any breaking it down to what engeries you can or cant manuiplate.

P.S. Yeah i know theres some mispells.

ill guess it needs to study the basic of physics again.....

hey do you know black beard???

• 11 months later...

No, Umbrakinesis is the manifestation and manipulation of Shadows. the difference between Shadows and shadows is that the former is independent of light while the latter is not. I still haven't figured out how you create, manipulate, or even see it. But I do believe that it got way out of hand because people thought they were controlling the absence of light, and not a different type of matter. the other thing I can't think of is how it acts. Does it act like light? I haven't figured that out yet. also, it is just Psychokinesis in a different branch, being the manipulation of matter. :whistle:

Edited by darkmaster

I'm a umbrokinesian (umbrokinesiologist?)

I can control my own shadow, all I need is a flashlight.

:tu:

Awesome!

Yeah, controlling shadows. All you do is move a lamp around.

No, Umbrakinesis is the manifestation and manipulation of Shadows. the difference between Shadows and shadows is that the former is independent of light while the latter is not. I still haven't figured out how you create, manipulate, or even see it. But I do believe that it got way out of hand because people thought they were controlling the absence of light, and not a different type of matter. the other thing I can't think of is how it acts. Does it act like light? I haven't figured that out yet. also, it is just Psychokinesis in a different branch, being the manipulation of matter. :whistle:

First off, shadows are simply the absence of light. The question is what is the matter that is in the absence of light? Well, in cosmology it is called dark matter. It isn't able to be controlled. Stephen Hawking himself could tell you all about it, or you and anyone else believing in the fantasy of umbrakinesis could simply do some research on it. Very interesting stuff. Shadows are not a matter that can be manipulated in any way other than adding or taking away light. I highly suggest studying cosmology because it really is some cool stuff. Also suggest studying how light waves move. Again very cool stuff. But c'mon people, shadow control is not real. Logical rationalization would see to that.

As for teleportation. Science is working on that with speeding up molecules, but beyond that, it has no basis in current reality.

I believe its real. I mean, who knows what is a shadow? All we know about it, is that it is a result of blocking light. But can we control it? Highly debatable.

It is good that you have an imense imagination this is usefull, but you may grow to realise there is far more power in science then there is in fantasy...I was like you when I was a kid it has later produced in me an open mindedness toward the amazing things Science can produce.

Keep using your imagination guys while you are young this is safe and healthy then one day you will find exicitment in the amazing things you can explore in Science whilst remaing sceptical and open minded at the same time.

This thread has been fun to read.

• 3 weeks later...
well there is nothing in the internet about unbrakinesis. But I have a tech. At night, you do see some light around your room right? Well just focus on darkning that light.

I find this site very informative.

http://dewarlorx.com/umbrakinesis.htm

Well I don't have much info on that particular type of ability. But If I may ask, why do you find umbrakinesis interesting?

isnt that just the same as being in a dark room and focusing on something and everything around it going dark except that thing your focusing on because if that's what umbrakinesis is, i can do that easy

isnt that just the same as being in a dark room and focusing on something and everything around it going dark except that thing your focusing on because if that's what umbrakinesis is, i can do that easy

Basically, yeah it is people unable to tell the difference between how their eyes work in the dark and "OMG SUPR POWR"

hey I saw this exact thing on Naruto Shippuden, There is a teenager that can control shadows but I am sure that the show is as far as anyone will get to shadow control unless they change their possition in the suns rays.

I'll answer yours if you answer mine!!!!

Too much Kingdon Hearts or Naruto?!?!?!?!

j/k idk i assume it sould be similar to being able to manipulate light

Does anyone know any techs for this?

By the way I DO have a life I DO have friends!!!!!!

• 9 years later...
On 5/18/2008 at 10:23 AM, Nucular said:

I will steadfastly entertain the remote possibility, simply for the reason that the correct use of the scientific method can produce surprises. But in real terms, here we have yet another name for an ill-defined, zero-evidenced phenomenon which there are plenty of reasons to doubt.

Maybe there is such a thing; all I'm doing really is voicing a certain frustration that people will put all their effort into thinking up new abilities and introducing clever nomenclature without giving a thought to building on any other knowledge or even half-heartedly trying to think about how to show its existence.

Nanotedi has requested that people supply techniques for this supposed ability, without stopping to wonder if it's possible. The way shadows and light actually work doesn't seem to enter into this, and it's the lack of curiosity, I suppose, that grates a little.

But yes, you're right - 'umbrakinesis' is no more nor less guilty of this (I think) lazy world-view than any of the other kineses or psi phenomena. It's just another homeless kid on the overcrowded, completely unexplored, psi-block (to mangle a metaphor).

I see what you're getting at, but have you ever thought of the term of "shadow manipulation" as a stepping stone to something bigger??

Not all people move as fast, so why talk in such a way that many would be offended? If YOU PERSONALLY don't see eye to eye with a TERM, don't bother w/it in the slightest since involvement begets curiosity/quest for understanding.

ANYWAY.

It's often that we tell children the imagination is the food or heart of the soul and not to lose it. It's often that mankind seeks mind over matter. It's often that WE SEEK ***DEFENSE***. Anyone like dark arts???

As you(or anyone that reads this.) read this, stop your EGO from taking over. Stop your inner rage from taking over and allow that innocent you that's been locked away inside, in fear, from the caos of the world. Realize you have more time than you THINK, to ALLOW YOUSELF TO ****SIFT**** possibilities. If you cannot sift past you stated beliefs herein, 1)don't lash out. 2)accept that you couldn't go any further and anytime the subject comes up around you and IF YOU CARE TO VOICE YOUR ***OPINION***, then simply state it as you couldn't venture past the limit's of YOUR MIND.

Mystics have been handed down by what's seen as scary people. There's no telling who nor what sources they(the inventors those teachings.) received their terminology from.

As i said, "i see ......".

Edited by Wit

Part of a dark art, is knowing that it is dark. For many reasons, it may not be understood if you pull it to the light.

If you cannot grasp ahold of the dark, you may be too bright.

I'm not speaking disrespect, i'm only ripening knowledge from MANY TREE'S.

2 hours ago, Wit said:

I'm not speaking disrespect, i'm only ripening knowledge from MANY TREE'S.

Your answering someone who hasn't been here for a decade.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Piney said:

Your answering someone who hasn't been here for a decade.....

tumblr_oyav4t475a1vcg6cyo1_500.gif

Look at the bottom right corner. You can see the actors actual shadow hands.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wit said:

I see what you're getting at, but have you ever thought of the term of "shadow manipulation" as a stepping stone to something bigger??

Not all people move as fast, so why talk in such a way that many would be offended? If YOU PERSONALLY don't see eye to eye with a TERM, don't bother w/it in the slightest since involvement begets curiosity/quest for understanding.

Hello, welcome to UM.

This thread is 11 years old and neither the OP or the member you're replying to have been back since.

Closed.

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked