Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

9-year-old girl's twin is found inside her stomach

UM-Bot

baby.jpg
A 9-year-old girl who went to hospital in central Greece suffering from stomach pains was found to be carrying her embryonic twin, doctors said Thursday. Doctors at Larissa General Hospital examined the girl and surgically removed a growth they later discovered was an embryo more than two inches long.

"They could see on the right side that her belly was swollen, but they couldn't suspect that this tumor would hide an embryo," hospital director Iakovos Brouskelis said.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: AJC

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• TheBlueDragon

• Natasha Twist

• Harriet The Ripperologist

That is insane! I wonder what they did with the embryo after they removed it? I would keep it as a souvenir.

Wow that is just weird. All but a brain and umbilical cord. Strange things do happen.

That is insane! I wonder what they did with the embryo after they removed it? I would keep it as a souvenir.

Oh nice. Anyway, this sort of thing has happened before.

I wonder if its really her twin. Maybe an immaculate concepcion or something gone wrong.

Oh nice. Anyway, this sort of thing has happened before.

Yeah I heard about this happening to a man on the radio. He was much older though.

I'd give the embryo a proper burial before keeping it as a conversation piece, but that's me.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...