Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does TAPS Fake Their Evidence?

Korbus

You are right, one shouldn't believe everything on Discovery either.

Bottom line is, it's a TV show, and it is presented as a group of real people looking for evidence of the paranormal. The evidence that is shown is presented as actual evidence captured by the team, and in some cases the production crew filming the show.

Falsifying this evidence in such a public setting would result in them being caught, in short order. Have you ever seen the "Most Haunted" out-takes and the outright fraud caught on tape? They TRIED to hide it, but it LEAKED. They were outright BUSTED. If GH/TAPS/Sc-Fi did it, they WOULD get busted in time. What is going on here, in this thread, is an attempt to create a "buzz", or initiate a conspiracy theory. It's a lame attempt at discrediting people and a TV show that deserves SCRUTINY, not this low budget slander.

Does ANYONE have any evidence better than what we see on GH? Feel free to share it. I'm sure it'll get picked apart, since you don't have a HUGE production crew following you around, or a HUGE team of investigators involved, or MILLIONS of people watching it and critiquing every move. What's easier to fake? Three goobers in a grave-yard with a Sony night-cam and some software they got from a junior college computer graphics class, or the TAPS guys with everyone and their mother looking over their shoulders?

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Korbus

• JustNormal

• The Paranormal Skeptic

• Radian

wait, let me get this straight, since a lot of people are watching that makes the evidence more plausible? I think i shall take a moment to laugh at this, but i wont post the lol's so as not to hurt any feelings.

What's easier to fake? Three goobers in a grave-yard with a Sony night-cam and some software they got from a junior college computer graphics class, or the TAPS guys with everyone and their mother looking over their shoulders?

No, but would you respond to the above?

THOUSANDS of people saw the Trade Center attack, and STILL, in conflict with all of the first hand and video evidence (let alone physical evidence) thousand of people refuse to believe what they see with their own two eyes.

This is more of the same. Lets take evidence that we can't debunk by looking at it, frame by frame, bit by bit, and attach a great big conspiracy to it. "Yeah, that's right, it must be the great big evil corporate giant (Sci-Fi) faking it for money, and Jason and Grant CAN'T reveal the truth because the corporate giant will do something to them, ruin their lives or destroy their families and their reputations."

It sounds like some insane JFK, UFO, Roswell, Marilyn Monroe conspiracy theory. Please people, get a clue.

Just because it's on TV does NOT make it real. Because it IS on TV and scrutinized by millions, it IS harder to fake. It would take DOZENS, maybe HUNDREDS of people to keep a secret about outright fraud? Do you REALLY think the Sc-Fi channel is THAT powerful?

I'm not sure if this topic has come up before. My apologies if it's been played out. However, it is something I'm interested in discussing and hearing opinions on if anyone is willing.

My question is simply this: Is TAPS faking evidence? Or perhaps it isn't TAPS, but Sci Fi and the production team themselves, I don't know. What I do know, however, is that there is something strange going on.

Look at this site here to see a claim that doctored FLIR footage was used on the "Manson Murders" epsiode: http://www.skepticalviewer.com/doctored-manson-flir/

Look at this page to see how it's likely someone (possibly Grant) faked a moving lamp: http://www.skepticalviewer.com/the-incredi...ving-lamp-cord/

Or look here at evident from the Crescent Hotel that more than likely should be have been tossed. You remember the military man, with cap and the number 2 emblazened on him, right? It was Grant!!: http://www.ultimatetechlinks.com/CrescentHotelAnalysis.html

I know the show Ghost Hunters and TAPS have a pretty good reputation and criticizing them can be like hocking a loogie on the Pope, but c'mon. Take a look at this stuff and let us know your thoughts. Is it TAPS faking evidence? Is it Sci Fi's editting only that is arousing suspicion? Is something strange indeed going on here?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Are you telling me that the little and unsignificant evidence TAPS usually takes you believe to be fake?

That's not quite fair.

And by the way, I do want to say THANK YOU to all the people who have come in to share their opinions, whether I agree with them or not. I'm having a good time and am learning different things thanks to your input. The people who have come in and engaged in friendly debate have really made this thread a success and I thank you very much that. I hope this can continue, because I'm having a lot of fun reading everyone's take on these issues.

I only wish everyone here was having as much fun as I. Some people here are, unfortunately, much too angry and make it a bit of a bummer sometimes.

Anyway, thanks again to all you dear, sweet people!! Keep it up!

Are you telling me that the little and unsignificant evidence TAPS usually takes you believe to be fake?

That's not quite fair.

Could you reword that please? I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly, but I'll try to answer anyway. You let me know if it answers your question, okay?

No, I don't believe TAPS is faking evidence. I actually believe at times they have been a little less analytical than I would like and are passing off things that should have been debunked off as credible evidence, though. I understand, of course, they are under time restrictions, etc...but with over 15 years experience, they shouldn't make such big mistakes, ya know? I think they have to be a little more careful, because there are tons of websites right now devoted to them being fakers. I don't believe that myself. But I see why some people do...there are unanswered questions. I would actually like for them to clear these issues up, and they have been a little bit lately on Beyond Reality Radio. So, they're starting to see it could damage their reputations, at least.

The point of this thread was to show what kind of claims are being made my the hardline skeptics out there. They make some interesting points, but I don't think it necessarily point to TAPS faking. If anything, the network or production company are using clever editing to do something like that. I think Jay and Grant are pretty solid in that regard.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if it did not. Thanks!

Thanx Jason for being polite, I try to be polite myself, and if i've stepped on any toes, i apologize. I'm still on the fence about paranormal activity, and I was only posting about the show's validity. I know that they have a budget to consider, and having several shows with no evidence found could hurt ratings, so I believe that some "sensationalizing"(if thats even a word :D ) happens. But do they fake evidence? I dont know, really, but it is possible. I don't think they made the show for educational or scientific purposes, however it does raise public awareness for Paranormal Investigation,which can only be a good thing, as long as they don't get caught IF their evidence is fake.

Thanx Jason for being polite, I try to be polite myself, and if i've stepped on any toes, i apologize. I'm still on the fence about paranormal activity, and I was only posting about the show's validity. I know that they have a budget to consider, and having several shows with no evidence found could hurt ratings, so I believe that some "sensationalizing"(if thats even a word :D ) happens. But do they fake evidence? I dont know, really, but it is possible. I don't think they made the show for educational or scientific purposes, however it does raise public awareness for Paranormal Investigation,which can only be a good thing, as long as they don't get caught IF their evidence is fake.

No problem, my friend. Thank YOU for sharing your opinions on the thread I created here. I very much appreciate all your thoughts and insight, as Im sure do others. I can't remember if Ive added you as a friend here yet, but if not...its on it's way.

Thanks again!

Can we all please keep personal attacks and derrogatory comments about other members off the thread, i've removed a few recent posts of this nature from the discussion.

If you have a personal issue with someone then either speak to them in private or contact a moderator.

Thank you.

One things i noticed, in the episodes i have watched, is that everytime an object moves, supposedly because of something supernatural, Grant is either alone, or the one nearest to the object. This really made me very suspicious of the evidence coming from TAPS, and Grant is the one i trust the least.

One things i noticed, in the episodes i have watched, is that everytime an object moves, supposedly because of something supernatural, Grant is either alone, or the one nearest to the object. This really made me very suspicious of the evidence coming from TAPS, and Grant is the one i trust the least.

Some people are just very good at attracting paranormal activity to them. There probably is some reasonable explanation but can't put one foward now other than to say I've seen it happen many many times. Some spiritualists claim ghosts can "feel" who is more open to them and are therefore more attracted to attemptiong communication/interaction with those people.

In some cases I do think it's possible, even likely, that someone played a trick or prank or even hoax on TAPS during an investigation and either they didn't catch it or that part was edited out. But I doubt little was a planned and purposeful fakery.

I think it's a vast left-wing conspiracy fronted by the secularist liberals running the Sci-Fi channel, as part of their plan to take over the US, starting with those that believe in the paranormal. After all, we know that Sci-Fi has its hands in the war in Iraq, foreign oil, and global rice store-houses. I hear they are a subsidiary owned by a shell company controlled by a brother in law of the guy that mops the floors at Halliburton...coincidence? I think not...

:ph34r:

Honestly, we will never know until this stuff is done scientifically, what is real and what isn't. Even then, we might not know what the hell it is! In the mean time, does it make sense to cast doubt on those who are sincere in their desire to explore the paranormal? Why does it have to be boiled down to money? As if there is some conspiracy involving dozens or even hundreds of people, a vast cover-up of falsified information. It seems absurd.

That doesn't mean that EVERY tid bit is paranormal. It means that TAPS is sincere in it's desire to put out what they honestly believe is evidence, in as scientific a manner as they can. Feel free to debunk and disprove. But ya know, those sites that "re-create" the evidence are just stupid. Why? Because it's CLEAR that it COULD be faked. That's a given. Oooh, make a chair scoot 6 inches in a dark room with crappy resolution camera there as proof...my 13 year old can do that. So what? It proves nothing. Now, the TAPS footage that shows that only proves that a chair moved. How did it move? We don't know. It is ASSUMED that it was not a piece of thread, because that would require SOMEONE on the TAPS team to be a liar and a fake. Is it possible? Sure it is! But we HOPE that is not the case, and many BELIEVE that is not the case.

You know what for the first time we agree I think it is a conspiracy....kidding. Anyway I just want people to open there mind and see that the network could possibly exaggerate evidence, that's all I mean. I just feel like certain things are hyped up more than it used to be. Things Jason wouldn't consider paranormal he is passing off as paranormal. So I will say that they may not be faking evidence, but I will say it is highly exaggerated at times.

You know what for the first time we agree I think it is a conspiracy....kidding. Anyway I just want people to open there mind and see that the network could possibly exaggerate evidence, that's all I mean. I just feel like certain things are hyped up more than it used to be. Things Jason wouldn't consider paranormal he is passing off as paranormal. So I will say that they may not be faking evidence, but I will say it is highly exaggerated at times.

Yes, ratings are important. Unfortunately, it will make this and other shows like it, subject to closer scrutiny. Nothing wrong with that.

Sylvia Browne needed to keep her ratings up. Saying no more. :ph34r:

Well, I've brought it up before...but I think this would be a great thing for TAPS to do:

Have helmet cams or something similar that allows viewers to see what it is they have seen. I know there have been plenty of instances where Jay or Grant freak the hell out at something they saw that the home viewing audience didn't see. Recent examples include Jay and Grant both seeing a shadowperson crouch down and then zoom away. Can't remember where that was at. Wright Patterson? I'm not sure. Another was at Fort Mifflin where Grant turned and said he saw a face staring back at him. Grant dropped some equipment and almost crapped his pants, haha. But we didn't see the face. Another example would be when they were out west and both Jay and Grant said they saw a woman in period clothing walk by.

Anyway, you get my point. There's been plenty of things they have seen that the home viewers didn't see. If they had helmet cams or something similar, they could roll that footage back and presto! That's evidence of the paranormal right there. Footage they could show the client, footage they could show the viewers at home; it would be great!

So, c'mon....spring for some helmet cams or something, Sci-Fi!!!!!

Some people are just very good at attracting paranormal activity to them. There probably is some reasonable explanation but can't put one foward now other than to say I've seen it happen many many times. Some spiritualists claim ghosts can "feel" who is more open to them and are therefore more attracted to attemptiong communication/interaction with those people.

In some cases I do think it's possible, even likely, that someone played a trick or prank or even hoax on TAPS during an investigation and either they didn't catch it or that part was edited out. But I doubt little was a planned and purposeful fakery.

I would agree that this is a possibility. Paranormal activity can seem like a radio and sometimes must be "tuned" to a certain frequency (a person) to come through. There are many documented cases like this.

And as far as hoaxes go, I reached a whole new level of respect for TAPS when they caught they Queen Mary hoax attempt. That was such a great catch, I believe, by Tango.

Good observation, however I believe he attracts spirits stronger than anyone else on the team. He also is the one who believes sitting quietly for a time, and also asks respectful at the right time. I think of him as a ghost magnet, for lack of a better term. JN

I am listening to the TAPS radio show right now. And just at the beginning when they were talking about this season of Ghost Hunters, Grant said something like "Watch Ghost Hunters" and then, with a hint of bother in his voice Jason said "You mean Scifi's edited Ghost Hunters".

That really perked my ears. I think they want to say something about it, but they can't.

You can listen to the radio show off the links from here:

http://www.myspace.com/beyondrealityradio

It's from 7-10, and the last hour is all questions from the phone lines. Someone here should get on the phones and ask them about it!

I am listening to the TAPS radio show right now. And just at the beginning when they were talking about this season of Ghost Hunters, Grant said something like "Watch Ghost Hunters" and then, with a hint of bother in his voice Jason said "You mean Scifi's edited Ghost Hunters".

That really perked my ears. I think they want to say something about it, but they can't.

You can listen to the radio show off the links from here:

http://www.myspace.com/beyondrealityradio

It's from 7-10, and the last hour is all questions from the phone lines. Someone here should get on the phones and ask them about it!

Exactly. I have noticed this type of talk as well. In fact, you'll see where Black_Swamp_Paranormal and I have referenced this type of thing. For instance, I can't remember what episode it was on, but Hawes said "You see what Sci Fi wants you to see." This was a major factor for me in starting this thread. They seem to be acknowledging something strange is going on, but can't be more forthright in saying EXACTLY what is happening.

Edited by Jason KB

Exactly. I have noticed this type of talk as well. In fact, you'll see where Black_Swamp_Paranormal and I have referenced this type of thing. For instance, I can't remember what episode it was on, but Hawes said "You see what Sci Fi wants you to see." This was a major factor for me in starting this thread. They seem to be acknowledging something strange is going on, but can't be more forthright in saying EXACTLY what is happening.

You should try and get through in the third hour and just throw the question at them and see what their reaction is. I'd do it but I'm too shy :blush: .

You should try and get through in the third hour and just throw the question at them and see what their reaction is. I'd do it but I'm too shy :blush: .

Ya know what? That's a great idea!! I actually just tried to get in during 7:30 open lines. I'll try again at 9 for the 3rd hour. Can't say it'll work, i guess...but it's worth a shot.

Ya know what? That's a great idea!! I actually just tried to get in during 7:30 open lines. I'll try again at 9 for the 3rd hour. Can't say it'll work, i guess...but it's worth a shot.

Aww you didn't get through :hmm:

Edited by Wootloops

Do they post up the shows for listening after they are over? I haven't heard it before, and I wanted to check it out tonight, but I forgot about it.

Do they post up the shows for listening after they are over? I haven't heard it before, and I wanted to check it out tonight, but I forgot about it.

yes i believe it is www.beyondreality.planetparanormal.com

Aww you didn't get through :hmm:

I know. Drats! Well, there's always next week, right? I'll keep trying. Honestly, I usually forget about the show and try to catch some of them on podcast later. If it hadn't been for you mentioning it today, I likely would have forgotten again. So, thanks! I'll try to remember next week now, haha.