Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Cancer-sniffing dog being cloned

UM-Bot

user posted image rA Japanese centre which says it has trained a dog to sniff out human cancer cells is cloning the animal in South Korea, a Seoul bio-technology company and the dog's owner have said. Cloned foetuses from the black labrador retriever named Marine were last month implanted into a surrogate mother dog, said Ra Jeong-Chan, president of RNL Bio.

"We are going to see the clones around the end of this month," Ra said.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: ninemsn.com.au

Harriet The Ripperologist

Now that's the sort of scientific research I like to hear about! Something that actually has the potential to save lives, not stupid things like converting protein strands into music or learning how to control the minds of bees so that they sing.

louie

yes, if it works, thats a great idea.

crtDzyn

Expensive mistake if the dog's just happy to see you :rolleyes:

nitr0gen
I wonder why we don't hear more about cancer sniffing dogs in the media. I remember watching a program about them on Animal Planet about 10 years ago! This is not a new thing, it just happens that this dog has a better sniffer than other cancer sniffing dogs.

Mademoiselle
I wonder why we don't hear more about cancer sniffing dogs in the media. I remember watching a program about them on Animal Planet about 10 years ago! This is not a new thing, it just happens that this dog has a better sniffer than other cancer sniffing dogs.

It's like we don't hear about alternative cancer cures and other treatments. There was an interesting thread regarding this on the conspiracy forum recently.

SquiggleVonNoodle

Cute AND useful, maybe they will replace men......

annmariet
Cute AND useful, maybe they will replace men......

HA Ha :) We need to make sure they can do some heavy lifting before that plan is finalized!!! ;)

gigs
It's like we don't hear about alternative cancer cures and other treatments. There was an interesting thread regarding this on the conspiracy forum recently.

My Dad before he had his diagnosis of a brain tumor on his brain stem , he said he would wake up to his dog Goldie ,

a ( golden lab ) she would sniff and lick that spot on his head. He never understood why until later , once it was too late.

Sad but true . My dad died way too young . He did not get to meet our Twins , so I decided to name our Son my maiden

name. We can carry on for my Father and it is a great first name as well Mason !

Well, now you all know a little more about me :D plus I can be a talker LOL !

Edited by gigs