Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why I believe and why I don't believe

UM-Bot

Image credit: stockxpert
Image credit: stockxpert
Paul Dale Roberts: Disclaimer: This is the sole opinion of Paul Dale Roberts and does not reflect the ideas, concepts or beliefs of any member of H.P.I. (Haunted and Paranormal Investigations International). Today I get home and Pika (my Jack Russell Terrier) and HPI (pronounced Hi-Pee) (my half Cocker Spaniel/half Yorkshire Terrier) greet me at the door. HPI is known as a 'Corkie', 1/2 Cocker Spaniel and 1/2 Yorkshire Terrier, in case you didn't know. HPI has really taken up to me, he starts crying and clinging onto my leg. I pick up HPI and tell him I love him. He gives me his sad look and then pees in my face. Yes! This is going to be a good day, I love to get my face washed with puppy pee. It's nice to have my dogs around, when a hundred ideas and thoughts are pounding my head.

One of those thoughts is what is my belief system? Do I actually believe in the paranormal? The answer is yes and the answer is no. The paranormal is merely something that is beyond what we call normalcy. It is something we haven't proven with science. So ask me, do I believe in ghosts? The answer is yes, because I have seen a full body apparition and I had a little girl ghost giggle at me and say hi. Do I believe in UFOs? The answer is yes, because I have seen 6 UFOs in flying formation near Ft. Jackson, South Carolina and I saw 6 satellite photos of UFOs, while I was in the U.S. Army's Military Intelligence. The 6 photos were classified as UFOs with intelligent movement. Now, ask me if I believe in Bigfoot? Well, I never saw Bigfoot, so I can't actually say it exists, but hair, skin and blood samples discovered in Canada indicates that an unknown primate roams certain areas of Canada. Now are the scientists that are making this claim lying, or are they telling the truth? Could they have made a mistake? I can't honestly tell you. To completely say that Bigfoot doesn't exist would be idiocy on my part. How could I say something like that, when the Mountain Gorilla wasn't discovered until a century ago by Western explorers and the Okapi wasn't discovered until 1900. Let's thrown in the Coelacanth, that was discovered on the coast of South Africa in 1938. Why couldn't there be an unknown primate in our back woods? For that matter why couldn't a living dinosaur like the Mokele-mbembe live in the Congo of Africa? We haven't explored every single inch of land mass on our planet Earth. There are areas that are so forbidden, it would be impossible to take a scouting team into. I remember how thick the Amazon was, when I was in South America, I would never dream of walking into that thick jungle by myself. By the way, if you have never been to a jungle, let me tell you a jungle is very, very noisy. You hear the sounds of a billion insects singing their songs in unison.

Do demons exist? If you believe in the bible, then demons exist. I have never encountered a demon, but yet I get calls from people that believe they have demons in their home. Case example. A lady calls HPI and says she is being terrorized by a demon. Shannon 'Ms. Macabre' McCabe and I went to her home to investigate her claims. She calmly tells us that an Incubus has been repeatedly raping her. She calmly tells us this, with her legs crossed in a comfortable manner. As a former M.P. (Military Policeman) I witnessed a rape victim tell her story. Even though her story happened 3 years prior from our interview, she still showed signs of trauma from the experience and broke down crying. Why wasn't this woman showing signs of trauma after being raped repeatedly by an Incubus? The answer is simple, because she wasn't raped by an Incubus and her demon possessed home is an invention from her mind. Of course, this is my opinion. I kept thinking while interviewing her, if she was raped by an Incubus a multitude of times, how is it she can maintain her composure and smile while telling the story? From all demonic cases that HPI has handled, it all appears to manifest from the minds of the occupants. Again, this is my opinion. So, ask me again. Do I believe in demons? Well, I have never seen a demon, so my answer is no. When the day that Asmodeus makes his appearance and tries to have me trade my soul in for a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, then I will believe in demons. Of course, I will believe in demons and also be driving one hot sportscar! Loyd Auerbach recently wrote a superb article, in which he asks the readers..."Just Say No to Demons", you can find the link here. Definitely check this link out, Loyd really lays the smack down on demons!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=272773224

I plan to write another demon oriented article, which I will discuss more demonic cases and the history of demons. The article will be called 'Demon Warriors'. When you read the article, I am merely reporting stories, that have been told to me, it does not mean I believe in demons. The article is more for entertainment value. You're probably saying..."What? What do you mean entertainment value Paul?" As a reporter, I merely report what is told to me, or stories I have researched. It does not mean I believe the story. It is up to the reader to believe or not believe in the contents of my article. Remember when we all thought wrestling was real? When we discovered it was all theatrics, WWF (World Wrestling Federation) became the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), because wrestling is exactly that...entertainment. My demon article is here to entertain you. I will give you factual information as it was related to me, but the information that will be related in the article is not proven. There is no scientific thesis that documents demonic cases are real.

The paranormal is a pseudo science. I have people at my work, that think I am mad. They do not believe in ghosts, they think the TV show 'Ghosthunters' is a joke and they will walk around my office with their cell phones (pretending the cell phones are digital audio recorders) in their hands, saying out loud..."Is there anyone here?" I look at them...and say..."come on guys, give me a break!" Sure, I admit, it's funny, but you must understand, that NOT ALL people believe in ghosts, just like not all people believe in demons and UFOs. The whole paranormal realm is a pseudo science and skeptics think that ghosthunters and every other paranormal enthusiast is a nut job.

I interview people like Dead Pete, that believes he is a zombie. I have interviewed three women that believe they are werewolves. I interviewed people that think they are vampires. Believing is very powerful. When you believe, perhaps anything is possible. If I interview a person that thinks he is a vampire, I will relate the story to you the reader. It's up to you to decide if that person is a vampire or not. I am a reporter, I am reporting the story. I just want to make sure you, the reader understands that. I will never walk into a home and say to the occupant..."oh by the way, you have a demon in your home." I don't even tell them they have a ghost in there home, even when we discover EVPs. I will play back the EVP for them to listen to and let them make their own decision as how the EVP was produced in their home. For all I know, the EVP could have been picked up from the home next door. I cannot scientifically tell you how EVPs are created or how they are recorded. I cannot tell you a ghost actually created the EVP on the recording. I have no explanation for it, I can only tell you that we recorded what we call an EVP.

Do I believe that there is life on other planets, do I believe in UFOs, do I believe in ancient astronauts? In the case of UFOs, there has been so much trace evidence left at landing areas, that if it were a murder case, we would get a conviction on the trace evidence alone. As for the Summerians, either they were great science fiction writers or what they wrote on the Summerian clay tablets was the sole truth. We were visited by extraterrestial beings from the planet Niburu that created the human race for the purpose of being slaves to mine gold. Or the Vedic literature of India, that describe Vimanas as flying vehicles and even go as far as describing 3 types of Vimanas. The first Vimana that will take you place to place, the 2nd Vimana that will take you country-to-country and the 3rd type of Vimana that will take you into outerspace. Again, were these ancient Indians great science fiction writers or were they telling the truth? Were we visited by ancient astronauts that kick started the human race and blessed us with their advanced technology? Did they manipulate the DNA of man, so we could live for thousands of years? Did extraterrestials nuke Sodom and Gomorrah because the men of these two cities degenerated into sinful animals? Was the Garden of Eden a testing ground for the first humans to see if we will obey and not be rebellious? All I can say from reading the bible and other ancient writings, these authors had to be great science fiction writers or they must have been telling the truth.

How can we actually say that we are the only living beings in the universe, when there are billions and billions of suns and planets? How can we say that ancient civilizations could never travel the vastness of space, when it is theorized that using the collapse system we would be able to propel ourselves from point an of the universe to point b of the universe in a blink of an eye. Call the collapse system a wormhole or call it a stargate, just because we don't have the means to do it, it doesn't mean that an advanced high-tech civilization wouldn't have the means to do it. The gods may have mastered the whole space-time continuum, while we're still working on trying to get back to the moon.

The universe is a strange, strange place. If you look at how life began, it still seems 'paranormal' to our greatest scientists, they still can't fully explain it. Like I said before, I will investigate all things paranormal, may it be true or untrue. I am here to tell a story and to report a story. It's up to you, the reader to make your final call, it's your final decision.

My Philosophy: "I believe what I see. I don't believe what I don't see, but I will keep an open mind."

Now to other stuff. Today is May 3, 2008, Saturday and met up with Shannon 'Ms. Macabre' McCabe and jumped into her convertible called Ecto 1 aka Ectoplasm Mobile and headed over to Old Sacramento. We were scouting out an establishment for a British TV show to film at. The British TV crew is from Two Four Productions and their TV show is called "Conversations with a Serial Killer" .

They will be filming May 16 & May 18. We found three possible establishments for filming, they were Annabelles formerly known in the 70s as the Gold Mine Shaft and also later known as The Ritz. Cafe New Orleans formerly known in the 70s as The Union and finally Vegas formerly known in the 70s as The Steamboat Navigation. Gold Mine Shaft aka The Ritz, The Union and The Steamboat Navigation were the hot nightclubs of the disco 70s. How do I know, because I was the 3rd and 5th disco king of Sacramento and I would frequent these nightclubs. One of the nightclubs called The Steamboat Navigation was a place that Richard Trenton Chase aka The Vampire of Sacramento would stop at. He was known to have went to this nightclub twice and after being rejected by the women whom he asked to dance with, he left the nightclub depressed. Soon afterwards, his mind drove him to the brink on insanity and he went on his murderous rampage that shocked the community of Sacramento and shocked the nation. The British film crew is doing a segment on Richard Trenton Chase and The Steamboat Navigation will be one of the places they will be filming at. Who is to say that Richard didn't also stop over at The Ritz and The Union before leaving Old Sacramento, since both of these nightclubs were at close proximity to The Steamboat Navigation. I know I would nightclub hop, especially when the nightclubs were so close together. What is going to be fun about filming at Vegas, formerly known as The Steamboat Navigation is that the place is reputed to be haunted. Back in the 70s, a woman claims to have entered the woman's bathroom. She opened up the stall to see a woman standing with one half of her hair covering her face. She said: "excuse me, I didn't see you in this stall." When she said that, the woman faded away into nothingness and the girl freaked out and told her friends. When this incident occurred, I wasn't there, but I heard the story. Now, we will have the chance to investigate this old establishment with Two Four Productions! As we headed back home, Shannon throws on 'Blackwater by the Doobie Brothers'. which is setting us in the mood for our upcoming investigation of New Orleans in October, when all of a sudden we were drowned out by loud rap music by the vehicle next to us, while at a stop light. That put a damper to our daydreaming. Sigh.

HPI has teamed up with Nancy Bradley and Gold Rush Ghosts for the DVD filming of Ghost Girls featuring Nancy Bradley - Celebrity Psychic and Shannon 'Ms. Macabre' McCabe - President of HPI. So far, we have filmed at the Holbrooke Hotel, Union Cemetery and the upcoming Shafsky House. For more information on Nancy Bradley and Gold Rush Ghosts, check out the links below.
http://www.nancybradley.org/
http://www.goldrushghosts.com/

Always remember, the paranormal is only what we can't understand as being normal.

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Paranormal Investigative Reporter, Ghosthunter
WPRT Paranormal Radio - Content Editor
Email: JazmaPika@cs.com
www.HPIparanormal.net
www.wprt.com
www.ghost-mysteries.com
www.yourghoststories.com
www.jazmaonline.com
www.ghostsandstories.com/paul.html
true-ghost-story.com/
www.trueghosttales.com/stories/
http://hauntings.silversgateway.com
Paranormal Cellular Hotline: 916 203 7503 (for comments on this story).

If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI

Copyright © 2008 Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Ghostwriter Copyright © 2008
all rights reserved.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Myles

• goalienan

• Sporkling

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do and I don't believe, only because you read so many stories like this are in urban legends. Perhaps they need a whole new evaluation of the road by their engineers. :)

Ignore this...Duh here posted in the wrong spot :rolleyes:

Edited by goalienan

I think this guy is a moron. He likes dog p*** in his face. He's seen ghosts and UFO's. I don't buy it.

I believe he is telling the truth. This world is more mysterious than anyone knows. If we only see the facts and ignore other things, we are not much better than ignorant people trying to act clever. Beliefs of people are different, what is true and not true has a very very thin line, or maybe no line at all. There are many people who sees ghosts and UFOs. To discredit what they have seen is not the way to being clever. Limiting your thoughts, in other words.

• 1 month later...

We have to be careful in what we wage to be credible evidence in the world of paranormal activities. Meaning, that it has been proven that our perceptions of things around us can be altered and therefore may or may not be reality. For our fleshy eyes can fool us on numerous occasions. We are constantly tricked from our own purposely fabricated optical illusions, therefore, there is plenty of room for misinterpretations of what is actually real moving about around us in our earthly environment.

Secondly, this guy has no clue whatsoever of what demons consist of in my opinion. Demons are not from the physical realm but rather from the spiritual realm of heaven where they had fallen from Grace for their transgression against God and for what they did to mankind from the beginning. They are considered the Fallen One from Grace and they are immortal in nature. They can possess people as well as animals. Just like true predators they go to and fro after the weak ones such as the young, maim and sick. The Holy Scriptures demonstrate some demon possessions of people and animals and where Jesus had rebuked them. Even the demons knew who Jesus was and is.

You can find better descriptions of who and where demons come from in the Book of Enoch. In this ancient book written by Noah before the great deluge you will find that these demons and their leaders are called by name. The most intriguing aspect of their characters is that some of them (The Leaders) taught mankind on how to make armor and weapons to make war and among other things. They dwell in our Earth's firmament (skies) Eph 2:2 and influence our worldly leaders and come down once and a while to have their fun by possessing the flesh that's roaming the earth. They are also the ones responsible in creating the legendary race of giants described in the Holy Scriptures.

The world of demons is very real, and Jesus said that there is in fact a spiritual world of evil spirits and not to fool with them by trying to befriend them in rituals for they are stronger and smarter than their hosts, for they are ancient and they are the masters of deceit. Therefore, do not let your guard down in order that they may destroy and alter your perceptions and faith in God.

This ancient book is even more ancient than the Holy Bible and was rejected by the Papacy for its inconsistencies or truths in my opinion.

Please read this book, for you will find it very interesting and just maybe it will be a revelation unto you.

Book Of Enoch PDF.File

Here are a few passages from the Holy Bible depicting demon possessions you can observe for yourselves.

Mt 8:16, 8:28-33

Mr 3:11, 5:13

Eph 6:12

Luke 4:41

Oakum