Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nail Bomb in Exeter, England!

Kryso

Exeter explosion: Autistic bomb suspect 'radicalised by gang'

www.telegraph.co.uk Full Story

This is just around the corner, in a sleepy city in England, not a main metropolis like London or Manchester. I go to the restaurant all the time when down shopping in Exeter, and my older brother was down the other end of the street shopping at the time. It's the closest city to where I live, only 10 minutes drive away. You see all the stories on the television about suicide bombers and such, but you never realize how real it is until it happens on your own doorstep. And the extremism Muslim's radicals brainwashed a autistic teenager who suffered from Asperger's Syndrome to set the bomb off for them! That's a new low!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Space Commander Travis

• questionmark

• jaylemurph

Top Posters In This Topic

Exeter explosion: Autistic bomb suspect 'radicalised by gang'

www.telegraph.co.uk Full Story

This is just around the corner, in a sleepy city in England, not a main metropolis like London or Manchester. I go to the restaurant all the time when down shopping in Exeter, and my older brother was down the other end of the street shopping at the time. It's the closest city to where I live, only 10 minutes drive away. You see all the stories on the television about suicide bombers and such, but you never realize how real it is until it happens on your own doorstep. And the extremism Muslim's radicals brainwashed a autistic teenager who suffered from Asperger's Syndrome to set the bomb off for them! That's a new low!

They're fundlementalists... They have no bar to sink under.

I don't see why they don't all slit their own throats instead of blowing themselves up. I'd gladly do it to these terrorists. Just hand me a blunt knife.

They're not even cowards. They're lower, lower than scum, lower than pathetic. They're nothing.

Edited by Chokmah

the enemy is with in, Jihadist are here and moving in around the sides, sooner or later its all going to come to ahead, fact of the matter is the government is not dealing with the real problems posed by terrorism, we even have Human rights nutter's letting Terrorist out of jail, and others are being let out of jail early and its been going on since 2006, says it all really :hmm:

these attempts or terrorist attacks are not going to stop, they're here for the long run, i just hope me or my family are never in the wrong place at the wrong time,....52 people died in the attacks on 7/7. in my book 52 people too many, and then we have the failed attacks imagine if they'd gone to plan a hundred people might have lost their lives, but its all a distant memory,

the next attack is nigh. but some people wont take the hard line action needed, until they or their family are caught up in an attack, heaven forbid a dirty bomb going off in a major city, but our government will just go on appeasing until such an event happens.

Hmmm.. and on a side-note, Cat was intrigued with the Telegraphs presentation of the article.

There was both a photograph and a video of the alledged bomber (who is white).

There was no photograph of the two alledged 'masterminds' who where arrested (and who where described as 'asian' ).

Bit late in the day for political correctness and community relations isn't it ?

Cat was also amused by the obligatory "Muslim representative", and his statement that "he could not believe the possibility that Mr Reilly had been radicalised in the city."

You never hear them say "yeah, we knew there was a problem...." do you ? It's always a complete shock and suprise.

Meow Purr. :(

Hmmm.. and on a side-note, Cat was intrigued with the Telegraphs presentation of the article.

There was both a photograph and a video of the alledged bomber (who is white).

There was no photograph of the two alledged 'masterminds' who where arrested (and who where described as 'asian' ).

Bit late in the day for political correctness and community relations isn't it ?

It'll all come out in the wash.....I think this one has a few twists and turns ahead....

And regarding his skin colour....when I saw it on the news earlier....he was RED!!

I was trying to tell if he was white or Asian but the blood on his face made it difficult... :o

And regarding his skin colour....when I saw it on the news earlier....he was RED!!

I was trying to tell if he was white or Asian but the blood on his face made it difficult...

Hmm. That's a dramatic turn, bordering on the poetic. That warrants my professional respect, bee. Sort of the verbal equivalent to the effect Branagh was going for in his interminable battles scenes in Henry V.

Completely off-topic, this -- I hope no one takes this is my reaction to the bombing itself.

--Jaylemurph

a loner on the computer allday surfing the internet, learning about making bombs wanting the world pay for their sins,

NOT ME HIM, it could be me though :unsure2:

Hmm. That's a dramatic turn, bordering on the poetic. That warrants my professional respect, bee. Sort of the verbal equivalent to the effect Branagh was going for in his interminable battles scenes in Henry V.

:tu:

What also made the news pictures more surreal was that he was a HUGE bloke....and

towered about 2 foot over the police-woman standing next to him.

(PS I've just joined the local Shakespeare Theatre Group....I only live about 15 miles away

from Stratford.....I think David Tennant is going to be playing Macbeth? there next year...

but it might be sold out already...not sure...)

And people wonder why so many Brit members of this site are coming out with more and more hardline statements in the multitude of threads of this nature. The people of Britain have lived with the threat of terrorism for decades and we're just plain sick of it. But what makes this new threat worse is that we actually invited these b******s here. Or, more precisely, our thick headed, lame brained, thick-as-pig-s**t politicians did.

And people wonder why so many Brit members of this site are coming out with more and more hardline statements in the multitude of threads of this nature. The people of Britain have lived with the threat of terrorism for decades and we're just plain sick of it. But what makes this new threat worse is that we actually invited these b******s here. Or, more precisely, our thick headed, lame brained, thick-as-pig-s**t politicians did.

The Israelis have lived with this threat for at least a generation, now. Neither the UK nor USA is prepared to take the steps the Israeli's have been forced to accept. Whom do you think deals with and dispatches the vast majority of terrorist-bombers in Israel? Hint: it's not the police. It's common citizens, forced to draw their defensive sidearms to eliminate the terrorist-bombers whenever they reveal themselves. Police come in to clean up the mess and record the statistics at the scene.

The Israelis have lived with this threat for at least a generation, now. Neither the UK nor USA is prepared to take the steps the Israeli's have been forced to accept.

Wait, wait. The English have been putting up with IRA terrorism for at least a generation. Suggesting they've not taken drastic steps since the late 1950s or had significant experience with terrorism is sheer American thick-headedness. 9/11 not excluded, the UK has far more experience dealing with this sort of thing that any other nation in the world.

Whom do you think deals with and dispatches the vast majority of terrorist-bombers in Israel? Hint: it's not the police. It's common citizens, forced to draw their defensive sidearms to eliminate the terrorist-bombers whenever they reveal themselves. Police come in to clean up the mess and record the statistics at the scene.

Magnificently uninformed, too, is this relic image of the cowboy-citizen dealing out justice with his pistol... This makes me worried to walk the streets of a lot of the US. Rather thankfully, not New York, where actual street violence has by and large put paid to this myth.

--Jaylemurph

Magnificently uninformed, too, is this relic image of the cowboy-citizen dealing out justice with his pistol... This makes me worried to walk the streets of a lot of the US. Rather thankfully, not New York, where actual street violence has by and large put paid to this myth.

--Jaylemurph

Should the terror-bombers bring their work to the UK or USA, you'll be afraid to ride a bus, my friend.

You might worry to walk the street, evidently in fear of good citizens, willing to do their part to eliminate terror-bombers.

Should the worst happen, and ball-bearing encrusted bombers come to your town, you'll soon come to appreciate those willing to eliminate the threat. And do you believe the police can protect the citizens at that point? Let me sell you a bridge, my friend........

Edited by Incorrigible1

I think you hit the nail right on the head. I have nothing against different religions or the color of a person skin - what's inside counts, and I'm in no way suggesting that all who have emigrated to GB should be kicked out. Or huge fences put up, and everyone turned away! But what some fail to remember is Great Britain is only an island and it can only fit so many on it, and its rapidly filling up with people, regardless of color or creed!

Yes, this is the Terrorist Menace facing civilisation. A lone saddo, concocting some home made bomb in his flat with instructions he got off the net. This is what the goverments of the Free World want to destroy our liberties to "protect" us from.

tell me, please, how any number of Wars on Terror, any number of Scotland Yard Elite Anti Terrorist Groups, any amount of surveillance, ID cards, of any of the rest of the repressive crap which our governments want to force on us could possibly, possibly prevent this?

Edited by 747400

the enemy is with in,

The enemy is in 10 Downing Street and 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. The enemy want this. The enemy want lone saddos to come up with the odd home made bomb so they can justify hysterical repressive measures in "response".

Yes, this is the Terrorist Menace facing civilisation. A lone saddo, concocting some home made bomb in his flat with instructions he got off the net. This is what the goverments of the Free World want to destroy our liberties to "protect" us from.

tell me, please, how any number of Wars on Terror, any number of Scotland Yard Elite Anti Terrorist Groups, any amount of surveillance, ID cards, of any of the rest of the repressive crap which our governments want to force on us could possibly, possibly prevent this?

That is precisely what nobody understands about terrorism ... least of all the politicians. They are just having knee jerk reactions due to fear for their little life.

That is precisely what nobody understands about terrorism ... least of all the politicians. They are just having knee jerk reactions due to fear for their little life.

I think a lot of politicians understand this but to them staying in power is more important. Doing these things looks like action and gives people the illusion of safety which translates directly into votes.

I think a lot of politicians understand this but to them staying in power is more important. Doing these things looks like action and gives people the illusion of safety which translates directly into votes.

If that was the case they would do something useful apart from the populism crap.

If that was the case they would do something useful apart from the populism crap.

Doing something useful wouldn't be as easy to observe as the populism crap. People can feel the effect of national ID cards, they can see those cards. A good democracy requires an educated population and we are still looking for such a population.

Now who's being reactionary...?

At this stage you're assuming only one guy is involved.

Yet, Police arrest two more people in Exeter bomb blast investigation.

Times

Besides how 'suppressive' are 'ID' cards...?

Especially in light of uncontrolled immigration coming into the UK.

The Gov doesn't even know how many...let alone who they are or where they're from.

Times

The Gov doesn't even know how many...let alone who they are or where they're from.

If a guy with a history of mental illness goes attacking somebody with a club in the Strand you don't go screaming for more government either... because part of the delusion of this character was to be waging a holy war, it does not mean that the United Front of Ayatollahs had their hands in it.

ED: and I have said for a long time that I see no evil in ID cards.

Edited by questionmark

If a guy with a history of mental illness goes attacking somebody with a club in the Strand you don't go screaming for more government either... because part of the delusion of this character was to be waging a holy war, it does not mean that the United Front of Ayatollahs had their hands in it.

Yeah but he was possibly taken advantage of. As the police believe at this stage;

Tony Melville, Deputy Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall, said: “We believe that despite his vulnerable state he has been preyed upon, radicalised and taken advantage of.

A suspected suicide-bomber allegedly received a text message of encouragement as he set off to explode a device believed to be a nail bomb in a restaurant in an Exeter shopping centre.

Nicky Reilly, 22, who has been arrested in connection with the incident, had also come to the attention of MI5 before the alleged attack, security sources confirmed last night.

Omar Siddiqui, the president of the Islamic Society at Plymouth University and a friend of Mr Reilly’s, said: “I cannot imagine anyone being radicalised in Plymouth and if anyone has taken advantage of this guy, it is quite sick.”

Sylvia Bellamy, a former councillor who has known Mr Reilly for years, said: “I don’t think he could do this on his own. He would follow like a little lamb.”

Link

Wait, wait. The English have been putting up with IRA terrorism for at least a generation. Suggesting they've not taken drastic steps since the late 1950s or had significant experience with terrorism is sheer American thick-headedness. 9/11 not excluded, the UK has far more experience dealing with this sort of thing that any other nation in the world.

I suspect the denial of Americans is in part due to the fact that the IRA were heavily funded via the American Public's fundraising - funding which subsequently collapsed after the declaration of the RIRA as a terrorist organisation by the American Government in May, 2001 and the subsequent events of 9/11.

Times

and this wasn't one of them.

This was masterminded by Osama Bin Laden from wherever he may be right now, was it?

If it was masterminded by Al Qaeda, their budget must be getting pretty low.

hey, maybe the War on Terror is working!

Edited by 747400

and this wasn't one of them.

This was masterminded by Osama Bin Laden from wherever he may be right now, was it?

If it was masterminded by Al Qaeda, their budget must be getting pretty low.

hey, maybe the War on Terror is working!

That's right 747400, there are no radical muslims in the UK.

These guys were paid to demonstrate by the Evil Government as part of their cunning master plan to force us to carry ID cards. :rolleyes:

linked-image