Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skeptics: what proof do you want?

Tannenisis

Actually, I would love to attempt to prove it to random people. However, I'm going through a divorce at the moment and haven't had the time to post. Sorry about that, but I see that this topic has grown pretty well without me. :P

For me, it is quite hard to do such things over the internet. Yet I've still tried to test my own boundaries. Outside of the two skeptic threads I began, I've never read people online. My readings are only in person and never for payment. I am a Pagan who also studies Buddhist and Hindu philosophy; I have a small coven of my own that I am involved with. So such things are not outside the realm of my experience. However, facing a hoard of people with doubt is not exactly the norm for me. When one travels in Pagan or Buddhist circles, there are spiritual things that are accepted as such without looking for holes in everything. But just as there a false proclaimed psychics, so are there false gurus, monks and so on. It is in human nature that makes it that way.

I think the best lesson that I've learned from all this is that I know what I can do and regardless of whether or not others believe, I must still be me. And that's what I shall do.

Sorry to hear about the divorce. I know how hard you tried to keep things together.

I also realize that you must be faithful to yourself. In the greater scheme of things, that is also what those who do not believe in your skills are doing. Two sides of the same coin in my view.

John

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Korbus

• drakonwick

• Nucular

• puridalan

Thanks for the positive comments. When I get around to it, Eric, you are definitely on my list for a reading. I'll probably do Tarot, though, if that's okay with you? Maybe I'll have better luck with that. :lol:

There's nothing wrong with wanting proof. But I've seen people who have proof right in front of them and will still turn away. There is comfort in the denial of a thing, whether it is regarding psychic phenomenon or something as simple as a relationship gone wrong. So just as there are so-called psychics who hoodwink the unsuspecting, so are there skeptics who turn away earnest effort in showcasing ability. It works both ways. And I certainly acknowledge that.

For some time I've straddled the fence between the world of believers and non-believers. But there comes a time when one has to make a choice about what you stand for. My choice is that I know who I am and what I'm capable of. If the Goddess wills that I can show you something spectacular, then so be it. But if not, no harm, no foul. Either way, we can all have a good time with this without the animosity. Otherwise, what's the point?

I am a little disgusted with most of the comments. Psychic ability is NOT synonymous with mind reading. Psychic ability is also inherently flawed. What a seer sees is based on the moment the seer goes looking.

Nothing is static.

The seer or psychic sees the most probably outcome based on what is happening NOW. But a psychic can not see all probable futures, there are too many variables.

When people ask psychics to "prove" their ability most often what they really want is the psychic to play GOD and create the future, they also want psychics to read their minds. It isn't the psychic that is the problem, it is the skeptic with unrealistic expectations.

pigpen,

I think you just said something that I have touched on before on one of these threads concerning randomness in occurances. I have questioned why spirits or appartitions aren't predictable, I mean you see an apparition walking up a staircase, when you are not expecting it , it was the last thing you had on your mind, but bang-there it is. You go back the next night or later and may never see it again, I had that happen to me. What has this got to do with psychic ability-who knows why these things happen when they do. You may have a flash of a car wreck that will happen today for example, but if someone ask you to tell them what is going to happen tomorrow--you don't know. Whatever is in play does it at it's own time--you do not have the time schedule. The psychic is not in control only the transmitter if and when whatever decides.

Just my opinion

best regards,

seax B)

pigpen,

I think you just said something that I have touched on before on one of these threads concerning randomness in occurances. I have questioned why spirits or appartitions aren't predictable, I mean you see an apparition walking up a staircase, when you are not expecting it , it was the last thing you had on your mind, but bang-there it is. You go back the next night or later and may never see it again, I had that happen to me. What has this got to do with psychic ability-who knows why these things happen when they do. You may have a flash of a car wreck that will happen today for example, but if someone ask you to tell them what is going to happen tomorrow--you don't know. Whatever is in play does it at it's own time--you do not have the time schedule. The psychic is not in control only the transmitter if and when whatever decides.

Just my opinion

best regards,

seax B)

I agree, but by the same token, it maybe possible that even the transmitter does not (necessarily) have control.

I mean how does one know ?

I agree, but by the same token, it maybe possible that even the transmitter does not (necessarily) have control.

I mean how does one know ?

I can't even make you a guess to that question. It just seems it is random and apparantly neither side is in control. It is weird, it seems as though your mind is in some state you are not aware of and then zap--you see something in the future or an apparition whichever is the case.

Maybe, you have a hypothesis?

best regards,

seax B)

Edited by seax

If someone could tell me what problems and challenges I am facing in my life right now then I just might become a believer. You've just got to tell me something...I've always loved the thought of psychics and other gifts of that sort...but I'm afraid I am sceptical. And I really don't want to be!!!

If someone could tell me what problems and challenges I am facing in my life right now then I just might become a believer. You've just got to tell me something...I've always loved the thought of psychics and other gifts of that sort...but I'm afraid I am sceptical. And I really don't want to be!!!

And you should be. There are a lot of sharlatans out there that take advantage of people. I believe there are those that can "see", but I believe it is mostly random, they have no control over what, when where or how. But, I never say never. It is possible that there are those that can. I do not want to know the future, the past can be bad enough.

best regards,

seax B)