Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow Figure In Hat and Long Cloak Sightings

Synopsis

I've never been much a believer in ghosts, but when I was little around 12-13. I lived in the mountains of Tenn.

It was an old miner town full of history.

Well we lived on the top of the hill in a very old house.

I was sleeping and when I woke up a very tall nondescript man made of pure pitch black shadow was looming over me.

He had a cowboy/amish looking hat on. His hair was slightly long and ragged looking. He had on what appeared to be a long coat or rain coat on.

He was incredibly tall and hunched over slightly and he was very skinny and spindly.

He had no distinct facial features cause he was nothing but a shadow.

It scared me, as my gasp of horror finally peaked in a scream he vanished as I blinked.

I always thought that it was my special experience, however I saw an episode of ghost hunters where a horrified woman made claims of a figure appearing in her doorway during the night with nearly the same exact description that I gave.

I decided to google it. There are literally hundreds of reports of a shadow figure in a long coat and cowboy hat.

Why hasnt this been noticed yet?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synopsis

• LIGhostChick

• Ignus Fatuus

• Aanica

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never been much a believer in ghosts, but when I was little around 12-13. I lived in the mountains of Tenn.

I was sleeping and when I woke up a very tall nondescript man made of pure pitch black shadow was looming over me.

He had a cowboy/amish looking hat on. His hair was slightly long and ragged looking. He had on what appeared to be a long coat or rain coat on.

He was incredibly tall and hunched over slightly and he was very skinny and spindly.

It scared me, as my gasp of horror finally peaked in a scream he vanished as I blinked.

I always thought that it was my special experience, however I saw an episode of ghost hunters where a horrified woman made claims of a figure appearing in her doorway during the night with nearly the same exact description that I gave.

I decided to google it. There are literally hundreds of reports of a shadow figure in a long coat and cowboy hat.

There is reports, and it has been noticed but hard to prove they dont come out much, they are called Shadow People, one in a hat, another in a robe.

from this picture is this something you might seen?

post-71382-1212033316_thumb.jpg

There is reports, and it has been noticed but hard to prove they dont come out much, they are called Shadow People, one in a hat, another in a robe.

from this picture is this something you might seen?

Holy crap the one on the left.

He was alot skinner and his hat was a bit bigger but thats pretty close. I dont remember a hazy blast mist around him either but it was kinda dark.

He was so tall that he had to bend his back forward slightly and hunched forward looking down at me.

i have read about such entity, they are the Shdow people. They tend to watch you while you are sleeping and while you are working on something. There are three reasons why they are showing toy ou.

a. maybe they are curious to what you are doing

b. maybe they want to scare you or just want to some fright to be seen on you

c. maybe they are studying the way you think, move and feel.

Don't be afraid to them unless they hurt you. Hundred percent sure that what you had seen was a shadow person. They stay on one path or it means they stay in one area. you may notice them in corners and doorways.

don't panic when you see such just pray and everything would be alright. ^_^

It has been noticed quite a bit here is a link to some pictures of shadow people they are more common than you think and the same ones are seen around the world for centurys now:http://www.paranormaltaskforce.com/images/Wildwood-ZombieRoad61.jpg

http://ghoststudy.com/new5/shadows.htm :o

http://www.paranormaltaskforce.com/photoanalysis1.html

Edited by Aanica

It has been noticed quite a bit here is a link to some pictures of shadow people they are more common than you think and the same ones are seen around the world for centurys now:http://www.paranormaltaskforce.com/images/Wildwood-ZombieRoad61.jpg

http://ghoststudy.com/new5/shadows.htm :o

http://www.paranormaltaskforce.com/photoanalysis1.html

None of them look like the one I seen, those were translucent, this guy was solid and pitch black, couldnt see through him.

None of them look like the one I seen, those were translucent, this guy was solid and pitch black, couldnt see through him.
Thats a creepy thing ,the more solid they are the stronger they are they in my opnion and several others are not a good thing to have around very negative energy associated with negative events I have seen them all my life off and on I always get rid of them quick.If they were anything else they would not come with such ominious ways of appearing as if to scare you feed off the energy created by being scared. :no:

Thats a creepy thing ,the more solid they are the stronger they are they in my opnion and several others are not a good thing to have around very negative energy associated with negative events I have seen them all my life off and on I always get rid of them quick.If they were anything else they would not come with such ominious ways of appearing as if to scare you feed off the energy created by being scared. :no:

Seriously he had form, he wasnt 2d or anything. He was looming over me curiously and I could tell he had wavy ragged almost nappy hair coming down below his ears.(if he had them)

His arms were really long and could easily touch the floor. His hat was a bit wider rimmed and a bit taller as well. Maybe its like some creepy organization of ghosts or something. Why would they have a uniform?

there shadow people really remind me of the henchmen from some anime called kiki's delivery service. I'm not one for anime but I do like those ones by the same director. These henchmen are faceless, tall and have a hunch and if memory serves me correctly, they had top hats. Just to put this in here, they may have been inspired by shadow people.

I know a few people who have described Shadow People encounters or sightings of various types - some people suggest there may be a Jungian element or even explanation for this phenomenon...

I have been interested in Shadow People (especially Hat Man) for a bit over a year now when my friends reported sightings and on a couple of occasions what they felt to be attacks. I've posted exactly what happened a few times before so I won't bother repeating it anymore.

Does anyone know of a site or even a group of people that focus on shadow people?

Holy crap the one on the left.

He was alot skinner and his hat was a bit bigger but thats pretty close. I dont remember a hazy blast mist around him either but it was kinda dark.

He was so tall that he had to bend his back forward slightly and hunched forward looking down at me.

Holy crap ... join the club. It is interesting that I also called it "Mr. Hat Man" before I ever realized that I wasnt half asleep or crazy. The hat on my hatman was also bigger and slanted downward just a bit more. The night that took it too far I was in college and woke in the middle of the night to go lose some pounds in the restroom. I returned got into bed raised up to grab my covers and there it was. I flipped out of bed trying to turn on the lights and at the same time kicking. Since then I have seen it once and stared face to ? with it for many seconds before I blinked and it was gone.

I know the Holy crap the one on the left feeling ... it's just not right is it?

Come to find out there are shadow people living/deading??? around the bog in the middle of my county. Just like the shadowpeople on zombie road (Sci fi feature)

They are called Bogcreepers ... interesting name huh??? ;)

I wonder ... the last time I saw it I feared it none at all. I have not seen it since, though at the same time I have been diagnosed with a sleep disorder and take medicine which knocks me the " :sleepy:" out. I have on the other hand seen bogreepers and they do not like it when you put a spotlight on them. "run for your deaths they say" :lol:

About 3 years ago I was asleep and I woke up and rolled over and saw this man standing right beside my bed. He was Very tall and skinny, and had on what looked like a top hat and a cloak, I couldn’t make out any facial features because he was very dark and shadow like, but was a solid figure. I screamed and woke up everyone around me.

I was really rattled, The only thing that made me feel better is the fact that I was just asleep and I could explain it away as just dreaming, But I was wide Awake, till this day it scares the p*** out of me, and I hope and pray I never see it again.

That's a typical discription of a shadow person. Check out our link on more info.

Shadow People Summary

Nice site ... but the cleansing etc. I believe they are not evil/negative.

About 3 years ago I was asleep and I woke up and rolled over and saw this man standing right beside my bed. He was Very tall and skinny, and had on what looked like a top hat and a cloak, I couldn’t make out any facial features because he was very dark and shadow like, but was a solid figure. I screamed and woke up everyone around me.

I was really rattled, The only thing that made me feel better is the fact that I was just asleep and I could explain it away as just dreaming, But I was wide Awake, till this day it scares the p*** out of me, and I hope and pray I never see it again.

This is exactly the same as me and everyone else. Alot of people have had bedside visits and doorway visits from them.

Its funny how many people have seen him.

Nice site ... but the cleansing etc. I believe they are not evil/negative.

Seems nearly all reports accept for a few reports them being evil or negative in feel.

Seems nearly all reports accept for a few reports them being evil or negative in feel.

If you wake up and see shadow monsters in your face ... your fight or flight chemicals set in, causing fear.

Also black is not a good color .. dark and evil go together like peanut butter and jelly in human concept.

Besides I personally would be shadow poop by now if they were going to harm me and the time in my life where I saw them the most I was having the most luck ... coincidence??? Probably not but hey it was not a bad time and I have also seen them in bad times.

Who knows though, they could be feeding off of my good energy. No tell'n, I'm just saying that these perceptions of "bad/negativ" are clouded.

That's a typical discription of a shadow person. Check out our link on more info.

Shadow People Summary

Is there a way to prevent them from coming to you? Is there a reason they come to you in the first place?

Great!!! now Im all freak out again about it and have to go home tonight and sleep alone.

From what we know & have read some believe they're evil but it may not be true. Also shadow people dont just wonder around looking for people, they're usually already in a place that is known to be haunted.

I've heard quite a few stories about seeing such a figure. I've never seen one myself though. I know that in the old Amityville house, George Lutz described seeing a very tall, white hooded figure up on a staircase, pointing at him. That happened on the last night they were there, and right before they left the house. I understand alot of people claim the whole story to be fake, and some say George Lutz confessed to it being a fake, but if I remember correctly, he never said the story was all made up. He just said the book and movies really exaggerated on alot of things and told a few things that didn't really happen at all.

But anyway, I think seeing one of these big, hooded demons would probably give me a freaking heart attack lol. If it was up close, but if I saw it from a distance, I think I'd be able to handle it. To be honest I think I'd like to see something like that at least once before I die. *Knocks on wood*

Edited by Shadow09

This is exactly the same as me and everyone else. Alot of people have had bedside visits and doorway visits from them.

how do we know its only one guy... thing?

has anyone tried to communicate with these shadowpeople?

Edited by Orcseeker

I've had bedside visits.. but it wasn't a shadow person. It was an old lady. Scared the hell out of me.

how do we know its only one guy... thing?

has anyone tried to communicate with these shadowpeople?

I dont think he is, all of the reports they are of varying size and stature. Its almost like there is an organization of them wearing the same uniform. Which is really creepy.

As for communication, if you show them anything but fear they usually disappear really fast.

If you speak to them they usually disappear.

One guy even took a swing at one, it step back away from the blow then vanished. The guy said he even heard the things foot steps when it backed away.