Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters fake EVP in the last episode?

Regoc

I don't know who said it... but one person said, all of these shows are on TV. Why read into so much with a TV show? If their faking evidence, they'll sink their own ship. I am sure at some point they will have to come forward about it if asked enough. Or it could be to the point where they've gotten so popular they just don't care?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plainbob13

• Radian

• Pluto-x

• JustNormal

Nope they will not. They were asked over and over after the manson house thermals. And Jasons reply was to insult people.

I missed that! What was the insult, btw?

Listen carefully at 5:05 you will hear someone whispering “2,1, go” then at 5:25 after breathing noise you can hear again “two” when player goes back to start loop marker.

So, basically you're saying that someone said "one, two, go" then a person responded on cue by breathing into the mic of the recorder as a ghost? I heard the "go" clear as a bell, but I didn't think it was in any way hoaxed, or set up to make a look a certain way..could be, but I didn't get that impression.. :}

So, basically you're saying that someone said "one, two, go" then a person responded on cue by breathing into the mic of the recorder as a ghost? I heard the "go" clear as a bell, but I didn't think it was in any way hoaxed, or set up to make a look a certain way..could be, but I didn't get that impression.. :}

Without original recording we’ll never know for sure anyway.

However, after viewing more episodes I must say there is so much suspicious evidence that I wouldn’t even know where to start. This EVP is only tip of the iceberg.

Now it seems to me that GH is indeed just TV “reality” show meant primarily for entertainment, not for serious investigation of paranormal phenomena and I’m far more interested in latter.

Well, that's certainly interesting you say that. I'd love to know what (evidence) brought you to that conclusion?? I'd seriously consider it with an open mind, regardless even if it's TAPS or whoever... you're welcome to PM.

anyoldway...

I'm interested in the "serious investigation of the paranormal" myself-- I think that many of us (here) feel that way. Faking, entertainment, air time, I don't give a goat's rear-- I want genuine intentions...Anyone interested on the subject knows how difficult it is to get any respect, or validation on the subject for the most part-- Need more working for that reason, not against that..

Without raw footage from all the cameras and audio devices we really can't say anything one way or the other. I doubt that TAPS would knowingly fake evidence, though Brian and a few others overact at every place they investigate.

I don't really understand how they expect to truly get decent evidence over 8 hours anyways.

If you go to Scifi.com there is a video clip of Jason and Grant at comicon, they talked about how they are at some locations for up to a week, but that scifi edits it to make it look like they are doing it all in one night. *shrug* Maybe they are only talking about the big places like the Stanley Hotel.

First, for the love of whatever might be floating around out there ... please to not compare Most Haunted with TAPS! There is not the slightest bit of resemblance between the two. Most Haunted is so beyond the asinine as not to be funny -- and a proven fake! This is not the case with TAPS. At least they go about it in a more scientific manner -- trying to disprove first. Most Haunted cannot say the same. How that show even stays on the air is beyond me! How many times do you have to prove them frauds before people stop watching?!

It has been mentioned here that TAPS finds something in every episode. However, what Grant and Jason have repeatedly stated, is that the majority of their investigations result in total bupkis! What the audience sees on TV ... are the particular spots where they have actually found something -- and even then they still show episodes where they find absolutely nothing.

As for faking evidence ... I find it very difficult to believe that TAPS would fake evidence. And I certainly do not believe they would allow the Sci-fi Channel to plant bogus evidence. Out of all the paranormal investigators TV has inundated us with, these guys seem to be the most honest. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. But I certainly hope that I'm not. Again, I think the paranormal deserves serious scientific investigation ... and TAPS seems to be giving the unknown some decent credibility.

Most kindly,

Sean

Well, that's certainly interesting you say that. I'd love to know what (evidence) brought you to that conclusion?? I'd seriously consider it with an open mind, regardless even if it's TAPS or whoever... you're welcome to PM.

anyoldway...

I'm interested in the "serious investigation of the paranormal" myself-- I think that many of us (here) feel that way. Faking, entertainment, air time, I don't give a goat's rear-- I want genuine intentions...Anyone interested on the subject knows how difficult it is to get any respect, or validation on the subject for the most part-- Need more working for that reason, not against that..

Amen to that! :tu:

I missed that! What was the insult, btw?

He called people F'n morons and idiots a number of times. Jason is to stuck on himself.

He called people F'n morons and idiots a number of times. Jason is to stuck on himself.

There are two types of people in the world ones the question Jason and laugh at his insults and realize he himself is really ignorant, and those who think he is God and just believe everything him and Grant say

There are two types of people in the world ones the question Jason and laugh at his insults and realize he himself is really ignorant, and those who think he is God and just believe everything him and Grant say

Very true.

Ha! That's a disturbing image. Someone please un-stick 'em.

Ha! That's a disturbing image. Someone please un-stick 'em.

I don't know. It might be hard to remove his inflated head from his rectum. :rolleyes:

Edited by Plainbob13

O' Gez, thanks for the visual- How can I ever repay you..

O' umm, you shouldn't have..

I find it hard to believe that these guys fake anything. They built up a reputation and a credibility for many, many years, before there was ever a show about them, and now they may very well be the most famous ghost researching team out there. Why would they throw away all these years of establishing a sound reputation just to grab some better ratings? The reality is, Taps probably does hundreds of investigations a year, especially now because they are so famous; and they probably record all of them, like everything could potentially be an episode of GH. But then they only air the ones that typically get the most activity so it will have better ratings. Then throw in a few where they didn't find anything to create balance.

TAPS has a rare chance to bring paranormal research to the forefront of our culture and in science and parapsychology. This has always been ridiculed by the mainstream scientific community since the 1800s and the beginnings of psychical research. But I think now people are starting to take notice, finally. TAPS has helped the cause. Now why in the world would they undo what they have done by faking it? 1 step forward 2 steps back? I highly doubt they would stoop to such a low.

Scifi probably says to them 'give us the best you got so we can air those'.

Jay and Grant are good guys. I think they're damn good at what they do.

I don't know. It might be hard to remove his inflated head from his rectum. :rolleyes:

"Rectum, damn near killed em." :D

I find it hard to believe that these guys fake anything. They built up a reputation and a credibility for many, many years, before there was ever a show about them, and now they may very well be the most famous ghost researching team out there. Why would they throw away all these years of establishing a sound reputation just to grab some better ratings? The reality is, Taps probably does hundreds of investigations a year, especially now because they are so famous; and they probably record all of them, like everything could potentially be an episode of GH. But then they only air the ones that typically get the most activity so it will have better ratings. Then throw in a few where they didn't find anything to create balance.

TAPS has a rare chance to bring paranormal research to the forefront of our culture and in science and parapsychology. This has always been ridiculed by the mainstream scientific community since the 1800s and the beginnings of psychical research. But I think now people are starting to take notice, finally. TAPS has helped the cause. Now why in the world would they undo what they have done by faking it? 1 step forward 2 steps back? I highly doubt they would stoop to such a low.

Scifi probably says to them 'give us the best you got so we can air those'.

Jay and Grant are good guys. I think they're damn good at what they do.

Well said 1888! Couldn't agree more!

Most kindly,

Sean

"Jay and Grant are good guys. I think they're damn good at what they do. "

Snake drains? Sorry could help myself.

"Jay and Grant are good guys. I think they're damn good at what they do. "

Snake drains? Sorry could help myself.

LOL I was tempted to say "damn good drain cleaners" but you said it first LOL..JN

Ok, this is what I hear... The first time at 0.11 I only hear the breath. The second time at 5.05 i hear it, and the last time at 5.25 I don't hear it.

So, to clarify the only time I can hear it is at 5.05... I hear the 2..1...go. However... If it were a countdown you would expect the timing between each number and "go" to be the same... say, a second between each. However, the timing between the 1 and "go" is half a second. What i'm saying is the time signature (for want of a better word) isn't very consistant with what you would say if you were counting someone down, plus, if you were going to fake such a thing, why the hell would you need someone to count you down? I'm sure the "fake breather" can count on their own, or simply been cued with fingers, rather than audibly... on an EVP to countdown out loud like that is just utterly *******ed.

Also, notice the music in the background... it "peaks" right after the "go".. maybe it was in post-production, timing the music up with the scene, or even when they were recording the music itself. Refering to the visual of the EVP, I would say that the "go" is louder than the "2-1", however, the only peak is on the "1".

Or, maybe they are just faking it, although I would hope that if this was the case, they'd put a bit more effort in. I hope they're not faking, but i won't be surprised if they are. It's TV.

I like to examine things for myself and draw my own conclusions, rather than taking someone else's word for it and slagging off TAPS, because someone else said they might be faking something, which, looking at his thread, it seems like most people have done.

Okay,that's what i thought from the description,that it was like they caught something during production of the show,which is quite possible.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It is a television show. It is meant to entertain and generate revenue, not to provide truth. There is probably some real strange things they discover, and there are bound to be misrepresentations and even outright lies. It's as fun show, but that's all it is.