Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters fake EVP in the last episode?

Regoc

Besides...

Jay & Grant's clients call them for help. Why would they fake evidence when they aim to help people? ( without considering the network or production crew )

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plainbob13

• Radian

• Pluto-x

• JustNormal

Besides...

Jay & Grant's clients call them for help. Why would they fake evidence when they aim to help people? ( without considering the network or production crew )

Because its television and its based on nothing but ratings.

Like Chewlip said, you would expect TAPS to put a little more effort into faking it if they had. It's very easy to splice audio recordings, they'd just have to delete the "2,1,go" and there would be no suspicion whatsoever.

On the other hand if they faked a lot of recordings, it would be understandable if they missed a few ><

Like Chewlip said, you would expect TAPS to put a little more effort into faking it if they had. It's very easy to splice audio recordings, they'd just have to delete the "2,1,go" and there would be no suspicion whatsoever.

On the other hand if they faked a lot of recordings, it would be understandable if they missed a few ><

why to much effort in faking something makes it look fake

As much as I respect them. You can't "TRUST" anything on TV.

That Pluto. Sums it all up. I knew i liked you.

What do you mean Pluto?! We all know that everything on TV is absolutely true! Good grief! You are the farthest thing from the sun! :lol: Just kidding ... ;)

Okay, I actually do agree with some of the statements above regarding faked evidence. These guys can do a hell of a lot better than that EVP. They've been doing this too long to allow something that shoddy -- if they are, indeed, trying to dupe people -- to be released on air.

Just my opinion.

Most kindly,

Sean

You can't "TRUST" anything on TV.

Can't trust anything on TV? What about the news?

Oh, wait...never mind...

:blush:

:D

• 3 months later...

I am not a skeptic, but I'm not a believer either. I'm more of a curious bystander who wants to know more. So I started watching Ghost Hunters only because I had nothing better to do. I felt, based on the commercials alone, that the show was just a bunch of dramatic sound bites and people scaring each other in the dark and so forth -- like some other shows on this subject on other channels.

But what hooked me about this show was that, in the first couple of episodes I saw, nothing really happened. They completely debunked one, and the other was rather scant and doubtful. Yes they edited the show with silly creepy music and flashes of ghost faces while the host was telling their story, and ended each segment with a "what-the!" sound bite so that you would come back after the commercial, but if you look past the TV show trappings you see a group who is at least trying to look for natural explanations before unnatural ones.

Often they have to tell their client that they didn't find anything, after all that time and trouble, and many clients are clearly disappointed.

Now that I've caught up on all their episodes so far, I'm quite sure that Jason & Grant are not fakers. I could go into all sorts of other reasoning, but let's just say that it doesn't track. My next consideration is that maybe they are being duped by a clever production person -- those people you rarely get to see, behind the camera. The SciFi crew, who has been told to stay quiet and shoot video. That is always possible, but it also doesn't track. Based on the notion that Jason & Grant are genuine, they are obviously very good debunkers. In one episode they found an obvious faker and were quiet annoyed by them, and in other episodes they often made off-hand remarks about other fakers from their paranormal investigation career long before (or outside of) the Ghost Hunters show. If someone is duping them from the SciFi production, who was duping them before the production began? They didn't start doing this at the same time as the show started -- they had been doing this for quite some time, and some Hollywood folks discovered them because they felt that the "plumbers by day, ghost hunters by night" scenario was a good pitch. And if they are being duped by the show production people, wouldn't Jason & Grant have exposed it by now? Something like that would RUIN these guys. Knowing Jason he'd rip arms and legs off those crews if he ever found that out. Legal repercussions be d*mned.

I don't think there is anything to this "one two go" thing. First of all, if there are any voices recorded like that, they are probably not associated with the EVP, or are completely incidental to it. If someone were recording an actual fake EVP, they wouldn't start with "one two go." Nor would they be sloppy enough to leave it in the editing, nor would it escape Steve's attention, nor would Steve have intentionally left it out unless he knew what it was and that it had nothing to do with the EVP recording.

All that being said, I have no freaking idea what EVPs really are. As I said, I'm not a believer in ghost phenomena. But I'm not a skeptic either -- I don't arbitrarily claim it's all just people finding "words" in white noise (like finding clowns in clouds), as most skeptics do. I know humans are pattern-finders, but what I've heard on Ghost Hunters is not pattern finding. There are definitely weird things going on. And many of them aren't words, but just sounds that make no sense. (If it were faked, why weird sounds? Why not something more sensational, more consistently?) I'm still clinging to the possibility of coincidental stray radio wave sounds. The electromagnetic spectrum is packed with FM, AM, CB, and other frequencies carrying voices and sounds just about everywhere you go. I can't discount that some of this stuff sometimes bleeds into what ever frequency the EVPs operate on.

And one of my burning questions: Why do EVPs seem to only appear on the EVP recorders? Why don't they appear on the digital video being taken of the ghost hunter at the time he was holding the EVP recorder? There are other recording devices running after all. Wouldn't some EVPs appear on the SciFi production mini-dv cameras?

my one problem with them is that just because they stay one night and don't find anything they say it isn't haunted. The people who live or work there are there everyday. You can't honestly expect to find something with only 6 hours. And say you were a ghost and could understand what they were doing. Would you want proof of yourself so the people who live there can get rid of you?

Good morning HT. Jason and Grant have addressed this issue many times. They have stated, just because we haven't caught anything on this particular investigation, that does not mean there isn't something paranormal going on here. They said the paranormal doesn't just switch itself on exactly when we want it to. That's why they always say to the client: please contact us if there is anything going on and you want us to come back.

As for Ghost Hunters faking things ... IMHO these are the only guys doing this that I see that are on the up-and-up. They always go in trying to disprove a haunting -- find a reason why people might be experiencing what they are experiencing. If you watch the show regularly, you will see them bending over backwards to disprove paranormal claims. What is left, they pore over with a fine tooth comb -- and toss out much of what they find. If it's not hard evidence ... then it's no evidence at all. So, again, I truly believe that GH is most credible. That said, if you want to look at some of the knock-off garbage being shown on television, just look at the crap like Paranormal State, Psychic Children and the icing on the cake ... Most Haunted. Now there is true BS!

Most kindly,

Sean

Edited by seanph

I think the "Two, one, go" is probably just them preparing to start the EVP recording, like a cameraman counting down to going on air. Its probably just a reference tool to them. I don't think its grounds for accusing them of faking it. Also, it is possible that the breathing was accidental on their end and they don't realize it. There is bound to be fake eveidence, but I think most of it is probably real. If they fake anything, its probably just filler for if they don't have a lot of evidence. Maybe they're not faking anything. Sorry for ranting, but my point is we don't know if evidence is truely real, faked, or accidental fake because we weren't there.

Edited by Knight of the Twilight

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest issue I have is with the producers @ SciFi, not with the T.A.P.S. crew. While T.A.P.S. goes on their live Halloween event, the producers at scifi find it better to play background music while they are investigating.. so when they say "shhh, did you hear that" we at home simply hear that stupid music. Why can't they let them investigate w/o adding the music- I know its for creep effect but it steals away from the viewers at home- while it's live you can "investigate" with the Taps crew. Just my 2 cents

I think this season they ScFi guys stopped doing that. There's been a few times during the current investigations that the music will stop or tone down when there's something to be heard.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this season they ScFi guys stopped doing that. There's been a few times during the current investigations that the music will stop or tone down when there's something to be heard.

Yea, I noticed that too we will have to wait for Halloween to see if they stop that annoying trend live.

Yea, I noticed that too we will have to wait for Halloween to see if they stop that annoying trend live.

The one thing that annoys me when they go live for halloween.. is they bring some wrestleing or sports star with them.

The one thing that annoys me when they go live for halloween.. is they bring some wrestleing or sports star with them.

haha yea that too.

• 1 month later...

this is the only reality show I watch, and I admit I'm addicted. Just gotta say, I heard what you're talking about, and I thought the EVP said "Tango." Just a thought. Don't know what I believe anymore!!

First excuse my English.

I watched some of the Ghost Hunters episodes and clips and I really liked them but here’s my problem.

If you watched “Asylum” episode 9 (last episode) of season 4 there was this creepy “breath EVP” at the end which sounded fake but I did not notice somebody whispering “two one go” before breath until I read one You Tube comment.

You can hear somebody saying “ two, one go” before EVP during

”reveal” at the end and it was not Grant or Jason. It looks like it was recorded with “EVP”.

You can clearly see graphic view of EVP breath audio file including “ two , one go” on monitors during investigation and reveal.

When Steve played the file first time before Jason and Grant he skipped “two, one . go” and it is visible on screen, it looks intentional.

The EVP was played exactly after “go”, you can see where “two, one go” ends.

But during the reveal at the end they played the whole file with “two, one, go”.

I thought at first it is part of background music.

Listen and watch the audio file closely at 0:11 and at 5:05 and then again at 5:25-5:26 when Grant loop plays the file and it goes again to the starting loop point ( you’ll hear again “two”) after breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWTiZONs2so...laynext_from=QL

This particular episode looked staged from the beginning. Even their reactions looked unconvincing like there were acting and not really doing the good job. Breath EVP sounded fake to me even before I heard “2,1 go”.

Perhaps some of the recorded sounds were real but they decided to add extra creepy touch with that last.

I also have problem with Eastern State Penitentiary footage of apparition. TAPS claim that it was too fast to be human but you can see by movements of dust particles that video was sped.

up.

It wouldn’t bother me if someone ( perhaps Sci-Fi channel) faked some evidence without TAPS knowing it but I’m suspicious about these two cases because it seems that altering was done during investigation of the footage by TAPS.

I was getting really interested in Ghost Hunters because of their claims of objectivity and scientific approach. I didn’t see it as entertainment only but as an investigation of unexplained phenomena with serious implications but now I don’t know what to think about them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been hearing and reading a lot lately about how GH has been faking things. Well, after stumbling on this thread tonight, I went and watched the episode in question over at YouTube, hoping I was not going to find what I suspected I would. However, I did find what you are referring to, but I found another instance on the same reveal. It was when they were showing the lady the first EVP of someone allegedly saying, "Go Home" or something to that extent. At the 3:05 mark, you can hear a voice that has been altered into a deep, gravelly, make, ghost-like voice saying, "Two...One..." and then the feminine EVP. When the client askes to relisten to the EVP, they only go to the feminine voice, eliminating the male voice. The male voice is very loud, and hard to claim that it was not heard, versus the second time at the "breath" EVP when the "Two...One...GO" is at a whisper and barely audible.

While the true believers, as I once was based on my own experiences in seeing apparitions and hearing voices over my lifetime, will continue to give them a break and make excuses, I can no longer believe in them and feel they have sold out to the SciFi Channel Overlords and have given over to imbedding EVP's that were not there in order to keep ratings up.

They once would go and have several shows where they found nothing, and then this year, they have suddenly not only found many things every episode, but they have become larger, louder, clearer etc. with each succesive episode.

I recommend you listen again to the "Reveal" of that episode and listen to ALL the EVP's they present, with special attention played to the deep, male voice heard at the first one.

Add to that the "jacket Pull" from this years Halloween special and there really is no longer any doubt that their souls have been compromised in order to maintain those fat paychecks they now all receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPPCL5QtMtY

We don't have cable TV. Don't want to pay cable bills. Wish there were still Art Bell "ghost to ghost" EVP episodes on good old AM radio. After all, radio's all you need--EVP's all about audio.

• 2 months later...

Don't take this show to heart. Like you at first I thought they were trying to be good investigators. But the more you listen to them the more arrogant they seem, as they put down other shows, never by name however. They use tech equipment used by other disciplines. They are always spouting theories but any junior high science student knows that true science others can validate the claims...since ghost don't act on cue there are no scientific explainations or devices to detect them. EMF, floating cold spots, and all the other phenomenon are prob faked. The show is good for a laugh. :mellow:

I think TAPS fakes ALL their evidence - in fact, I'm sure of it

How can you be sure? I doubt they've told you that and unless you have evidence, well, you can't be 100% sure but can only speculate.

From what I've seen, even if TAPS to manage to catch something they tend to try to disprove it instead of automatically going..."Wow, a ghost!". I remember them several times saying that orbs aren't evidence of a ghost and I don't think that sounds like a group of people who are trying to fake evidence. If they were, they would be doing the opposite - trying to prove that everything they catch IS spirits/ghosts/energy etc.

I watched the show tonight and they only had one case where they told the people there was something going on, But they didn't want to call it huanted... :hmm: