Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Labour's new gay hate laws

Syd Boggle

Full Article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-56...rds-defeat.html

Labour's new gay hate laws suffered a devastating blow from rebel peers today.

They voted that no-one should face jail for criticising gay lifestyles or urging homosexuals to change their ways.

The rebuff for Justice Secretary Jack Straw means ministers must decide whether to launch a battle to push the law through - or accept a weakening of the rules which would enrage gay lobby activists.

Thank god for the house of lords, someone has to filter out the hair brained, politically correct nazi´ism coming from new labour....... Labour are determained to reshape Britain, even if it is for the worse...

Why should any person, be sent to prison for commenting on gay fetishism, in a way which is critically contstructive? or indeed commenting on any minority section of society......

It seems these days, that to obtain the Status as a Minority, is like finding a political Holy Grail of untouchability.....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Syd Boggle

• Cradle of Fish

• Bill Hill

• stevewinn

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good to me, am not a big fan of the lords but they do come in handy sometimes, like on this occasion, totally agree with you on nazi´ism

Where were the House of (inbred) 'Lords', when PC'ness was forced out of labours arses?

Edited by Chokmah

Thank god for that... can't believe these 'draconian law proposals' got so far.

Potentially 2 years in prison for telling a gay Joke.

The Police can sometimes act just like 'programmed' robots; sending 4 officers to question a school boy for using the word 'gay'

What is homophobic crime?

Homophobic crime is any incident which is perceived to be homophobic by the victim or any other person, that is directed to impact upon those known or perceived to be lesbian, gay men, bisexual or transgender people (LGBT).

You got to win people with the concept, not threatening them with prison.

There's already adequate laws to protect gay people... you don't need more 'special laws' do you? :unsure2:

I know, this gay stuff can be a real pain in the a**.......er...no...what I meant was, I hate it when gay people try to shove things down your throat....er ...no ...um.....oh i'll get my coat.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Rightfully so, any utterance, no matter how factually incorrect, hateful or unenlightened should be allowed. You don't get to say you have any kind of free speech if you imprison people for saying what they think.

It reminds me of a time, when our local Pub barman was Gay, whenever he bought over our drinks, id shout out "backs against the wall lads" it was a bit of a running joke, even the barman used to laugh!

if the PC brigade had their way i would be locked up for such a harmless bit of fun...

Edited by Syd Boggle

Thank god for the house of lords, someone has to filter out the hair brained, politically correct nazi´ism coming from new labour....... Labour are determained to reshape Britain, even if it is for the worse...

How ironic, since the Nazis murdered gays. In fact the Neo-Nazis who share your views will support the lord's actions just like yourself. You really need to read up on your history since like most of your posts they show a complete lack of understanding of the world around you.

So what's next? I take it you lot think the word n*gg*r should be made a perfectly acceptable word in our language? Or that terrorists should be allowed to threaten to kill non-Muslims in our streets because its against their freedom of speech to stop them harassing others? Seriously its completely hypocritical that some of you here disapprove of Abu Hamsa and other Muslims who say 'death to whites', but your completely for people saying 'death to gays' or 'death to blacks' etc At least I'm consistent when I want hate-groups banned, but you people are so full of inconstancies and double-standards no wonder this country is being flushed down the sewer.

Contrary to the nonsense being spouted on this thread, it’s the lords and those of you who support them in their continually bigotry against a bunch of people who have done nothing wrong except been born differently from you that are wrong with the UK today. Syd Boggle, Bill Hill etc go back to the Third Reich were your attitudes were acceptable.

Fascist scum 1 -

Civilised descent people - 0 :(

How ironic, since the Nazis murdered gays. In fact the Neo-Nazis who share your views will support the lord's actions just like yourself. You really need to read up on your history since like most of your posts they show a complete lack of understanding of the world around you.

How Ironic.. see, there were plenty of gays in the Nazi party. You should've known that if you knew your history..

Here's a book for you to read, if you're interested.

linked-image

I don't know.. it's like gay people are people too; not a 'special victims group' you'd always like them to be.

Some can be nice, some can be mean... just people.

So what's next? I take it you lot think the word n*gg*r should be made a perfectly acceptable word in our language?

In large parts of the young black community it is an acceptable word; used as slang. They consider it ok, just as long at it's not used by a white person.

Ironic.

Played the game San Andreas? Plenty use of the word in that game.

Developed in Scotland I believe... by cough white people...

racist

Or that terrorists should be allowed to threaten to kill non-Muslims in our streets because its against their freedom of speech to stop them harassing others? Seriously its completely hypocritical that some of you here disapprove of Abu Hamsa and other Muslims who say 'death to whites', but your completely for people saying 'death to gays' or 'death to blacks' etc At least I'm consistent when I want hate-groups banned, but you people are so full of inconstancies and double-standards no wonder this country is being flushed down the sewer.

Ironic... you're against the War on Terror... but want to declare a War on Hate.....(an emotion)

You hate.. hate....; er just as long as it's something you hate then it's ok. Which is illogical and completely subjective.

Contrary to the nonsense being spouted on this thread, it’s the lords and those of you who support them in their continually bigotry against a bunch of people who have done nothing wrong except been born differently from you that are wrong with the UK today. Syd Boggle, Bill Hill etc go back to the Third Reich were your attitudes were acceptable.

lol :lol: You've got a short memory..

The last time you clumsily tried to defend 'gay people' in a thread; you yourself were (imo quite rightly) accused of being homophobic...

Ironic... because under this legislation; you would of been guilty of a homophobic crime. :blink:

Just because you agree with it, and you consider yourself to not be a fascist; doesn't make it any less fascist.

We don't need special laws, there are laws already in place to protect people from anti-social behavior.

I might not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Not...

I will only fight for your right to agree with me.

common sense 1

extremists 0

YOU GO BILL HILL!!!!!

i'll second that, B)

Well said Billy, i couldnt have put it any better......

Talon, Billy has exposed your weak, and paranoid arguments, if your chess playing is anything like your ability to debate, i can only imagine you are a chess champion amongst mongaloids..

How Ironic.. see, there were plenty of gays in the Nazi party. You should've known that if you knew your history..

Here's a book for you to read, if you're interested.

linked-image

I don't know.. it's like gay people are people too; not a 'special victims group' you'd always like them to be.

Some can be nice, some can be mean... just people.

In large parts of the young black community it is an acceptable word; used as slang. They consider it ok, just as long at it's not used by a white person.

Ironic.

Played the game San Andreas? Plenty use of the word in that game.

Developed in Scotland I believe... by cough white people...

racist

Ironic... you're against the War on Terror... but want to declare a War on Hate.....(an emotion)

You hate.. hate....; er just as long as it's something you hate then it's ok. Which is illogical and completely subjective.

lol :lol: You've got a short memory..

The last time you clumsily tried to defend 'gay people' in a thread; you yourself were (imo quite rightly) accused of being homophobic...

Ironic... because under this legislation; you would of been guilty of a homophobic crime. :blink:

Just because you agree with it, and you consider yourself to not be a fascist; doesn't make it any less fascist.

We don't need special laws, there are laws already in place to protect people from anti-social behavior.

I might not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Not...

I will only fight for your right to agree with me.

common sense 1

extremists 0

Spot on.

So what's next? I take it you lot think the word n*gg*r should be made a perfectly acceptable word in our language?

Actually racial epithets themselves are ultimately powerless. There's a Lenny Bruce routine where he called everyone in the audience by a relevant racial insult, but because he was saying it so quickly the words lost meaning. If you force these words to remain taboo, of course people will continue to be offended by them. Now, members of the black community in the US have tried to reclaim the word, they're the one's who would be offended by it usually, but making the word their own took the power away from verbal attackers.

I'm all for making the world a better place with minimum prejudice and hatred, but it is just not going to happen if we try to force it. Some people will never catch up in their lifetimes, imposing on them will only make them angrier.

Other than that I think Bill Hill nailed it.

Syd Boggle please keep your post's to the topic at hand and actually contribute to the discussion, personal attacks and insults will not be tolerated.

Edited by AztecInca

Guest Lottie
Well said Billy, i couldnt have put it any better......

Talon, Billy has exposed your weak, and paranoid arguments, if your chess playing is anything like your ability to debate, i can only imagine you are a chess champion amongst mongaloids..

You have just exposed yourself, yet again, as someone who can't form a decent argument without using various inflammatory/ derogative/prejudice comments.

This thread is closed and a PM coming your way.