Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

am i part vampire or something?

DellusionalMirror

Why did vampire go from the animated dead to something much easier to fake, believe in and be "tangible"?

I think they went from a believable, tangible entity into this 'undead' Hollywood monster and now they are once again becoming tangible and understood. See the vampire begins in Pre-Dynastic Egypt. I think you would do well to read the chronicles of Montague Summers, it is he who is responsible for the folkloric, loup garu, Christian demonizing of the vampire

Why is it "vampire" has followed the same path as shaman, magician, werewolf, shape shifter, witch etc etc?

Because the vampire is part of metaphysics and the paranormal. Once the many planes of existence (dimensions to physicists maybe?) are understood than it is easier to see the hows & whys of all these misunderstood principles.

Why did it go from something of lore and whisper, fear and evil, negative connotations and persecution to something popular, trendy, cool and interesting?

Don't you still see the vampire as lore, myth, negative and most of all persecuted? I see it crystal clear on this forum.

Why is it that these legends always have the real hardcore evidence laden symptoms or properties fade away and the properties only requiring belief or perspective get empowered?

Ask God that one!

I think they went from a believable, tangible entity into this 'undead' Hollywood monster and now they are once again becoming tangible and understood. See the vampire begins in Pre-Dynastic Egypt. I think you would do well to read the chronicles of Montague Summers, it is he who is responsible for the folkloric, loup garu, Christian demonizing of the vampire

Because the vampire is part of metaphysics and the paranormal. Once the many planes of existence (dimensions to physicists maybe?) are understood than it is easier to see the hows & whys of all these misunderstood principles.

Don't you still see the vampire as lore, myth, negative and most of all persecuted? I see it crystal clear on this forum.

Ask God that one!

this is not a debate, or a place to belittle each other. thats just pathetic

this is not a debate, or a place to belittle each other. thats just pathetic

Huh? What are you talking about? He asked questions, I answered questions . . . who was belittling to who?

Origins in Egypt? You mean the beyond Anne Rice Egypt connection stuff you have elaborated on at other forums? Basically some people separated or were born with their souls separate from god and this is where the whole thing starts?

Also can we back off the Christian thing? Yes, I know they persecuted a lot of people. I understand this. Time to let it go there friend. You will feel better.

Again, you are explaining the existence of vampires by bringing into it metaphysics. Something that can not be defined completely, is a convenient catch all and really is, at its heart, a group of ideas that may or may not be verifiable or even testable. I really see a metaphysical idea as nearly meaningless. Unless you take the idea, attempt to verify it and then accept or reject the idea based on testing. But then you have science.....

Persecuted? Maybe locally or in some ways but not in the world sense. Anyone can find a home in this world no matter who you are or what you do. Fortunately and unfortunately on can easily find some sort of group to fit into willing to accept someone and all their.....quirks....

Ask God that one!

First question is whose god? There are many.

But this is where the conversation ends. You explain your definition and origin of your definition of vampire through belief in God. I can not discuss this at this point in my life. I am way too tired to even attempt a discussion on some higher being. I do not have the stomach for it any longer. I have heard the reasonings, I have heard the beliefs, I have heard the arguments, I have heard the overwhelming nonsense. I will not discuss such things at this point......

You believe in a god and vampires. Good luck with that......

I think you are a vampire.

Or some sort of superhero.

Or maybe just someone trolling on a website.

You could have low blood sugar, anaemia, diabetes, etc but since you've been to a doctor I am sure they have tested you for all that stuff. I am a night owl. I always have been. It doesn't matter what time I get up in the morning I always have the compulsion to stay up all night. There are sleep disorders - one of them being Atypical Narcolepsy which makes it difficult for people to fall asleep but when they do they are out for hours and hours. Have you seen a psychologist to explore the possibilites you may have an anxiety disorder? That would explain the difficulty sleeping and the heightened senses and proclivity for thinking the worst in situations.....

first of all, if you want to come on here just to tell me i;m crazy, then i suggest you go somewhere else :yes: . but i would like some info on any kind of disease this could be caused by. so here goes

about three months ago strange things started happening, and i started getting strange feelings. i was shooting hoops one night just after dusk, and i started feeling a little dizzy. i thought i might be dehydrated, so i stopped, drank some water, and sat down for ten minutes. but i just got dizzier. it got to the point a couple hours later where it was hard to walk. and now i still get dizzy, quite a bit, but not as bad, and my senses seem to become a lot sharper at night. i know that sounds crazy, but i can hear things like people talking quietly two blocks away, and things seem to appear with more clarity for some reason. besides that, i can smell things about three times better than i can in the day this is kind of freaking me out, and it only goes on at night. also, about 6 months ago i had to switch over to homeschooling, which i don't mind, but its because i would feel extremely awake and active at night, then fall asleep in the later early hours (like 5 or 6 am), and not wake up till just about dusk.

so again, i know i sound crazy, so i don't need to be told again. but i would love to and appreciate some insight, any at all, on this. any diseases, am i a vampire or something like that? am i just going through a faze, or what? i really want to know. and if your embarrassed to say it on here, just PM me.

I feel like we may be missing part of the story?

Also, how do you know you can hear things blocks away? Maybe it’s not really blocks away but really close by?

Also it sounds like your sleep patterns are all messed up from staying up all night; your parents should monitor you more closely and make sure you are getting a good amount of rest. And most of all get a second opinion.

I really don't understand how this topic is so active when it is an established fact that she is not a vampire...

Go see a doctor. Those symptoms are associated with migraines and Meniere's (both of which I have) as well as some other conditions. I don't know how old you are but if you're sexually active I would suggest you get a pregnancy test done. I say that because of the dizziness, sleeping a lot, smelling things better.

The one thing I CAN assure you of is that you're not a vampire. :)

Never fails to amaze me how fast these threads go downhill. But I digress and I'm staying off my soapbox tonight.. still you;d think a thread like this could be handled a bit better...

Hey Gypsywolf,

Can you see yourself in the mirror?

Just kidding!

Take everyones advice and go see a doctor. Could be something really simple.

take care

best regards,

seax :rolleyes:

Hey Gypsywolf,

Can you see yourself in the mirror?

Just kidding!

Take everyones advice and go see a doctor. Could be something really simple.

take care

best regards,

seax :rolleyes:

LOL

My jury is still out on rather or not I believe in vampires. I know a lot of gothics who claim to be vampires and I attend know LOTS of people here in TX that are dedicated to vampires who actually drink blood. I also know a lot of people who suck but that doesn't make them vampires-- it just means they suck.

Since I'm feeling brave today I'll go ahead and say it. If this is not a medical condition, DM is NOT a vampire. His symptoms sound consistent with more of a were creature and after a private conversation with him-- I'd say he's closer to were than the undead.

Before you stone me, I do consider myself an expert on weres and I do believe they exist, its just getting that proof to the masses in a digestable form that is the problem.... so until then, I'll answer any questions any one has but I will refrain from making a topic about it. There's too many out there that go no where.

Never fails to amaze me how fast these threads go downhill. But I digress and I'm staying off my soapbox tonight.. still you;d think a thread like this could be handled a bit better...

Why wouldn't go downhill? You have a kiddie asking if he is a freaking vampire. Just plain ridiculous. Vampires exist only in our imagination.

LOL

My jury is still out on rather or not I believe in vampires. I know a lot of gothics who claim to be vampires and I attend know LOTS of people here in TX that are dedicated to vampires who actually drink blood. I also know a lot of people who suck but that doesn't make them vampires-- it just means they suck.

Since I'm feeling brave today I'll go ahead and say it. If this is not a medical condition, DM is NOT a vampire. His symptoms sound consistent with more of a were creature and after a private conversation with him-- I'd say he's closer to were than the undead.

Before you stone me, I do consider myself an expert on weres and I do believe they exist, its just getting that proof to the masses in a digestable form that is the problem.... so until then, I'll answer any questions any one has but I will refrain from making a topic about it. There's too many out there that go no where.

How about just getting proof to one person? Hmm. For instance. ME! I won't hold my breath waiting. Prove me wrong. It would make my life wonderful.Seriously, it would.

I just noticed. We live in the same city. There is nothing to keep you from proving it.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

How about just getting proof to one person? Hmm. For instance. ME! I won't hold my breath waiting. Prove me wrong. It would make my life wonderful.Seriously, it would.

I just noticed. We live in the same city. There is nothing to keep you from proving it.

Actually, I live right outside Dallas but you're close enough. And that amazes me that you havent found the proof you seek thus far, because TX has turned out to be a hotbed of were activity for me. I believe people are just more open to it here. The problem is that the TRUE were isn't going to get online or walk down the street and wave a flag announcing what they are. It is simply a matter of having good sense, because should people know-- that just opens a whole other door to persecution and hazing. I have found that often 'weres' are scared of what posesses them and with good reason. I could go on but this isn't the thread so once again I digress. We should continue this in IM, PM or email...

Actually, I live right outside Dallas but you're close enough. And that amazes me that you havent found the proof you seek thus far, because TX has turned out to be a hotbed of were activity for me. I believe people are just more open to it here. The problem is that the TRUE were isn't going to get online or walk down the street and wave a flag announcing what they are. It is simply a matter of having good sense, because should people know-- that just opens a whole other door to persecution and hazing. I have found that often 'weres' are scared of what posesses them and with good reason. I could go on but this isn't the thread so once again I digress. We should continue this in IM, PM or email...

This is the rub. What you described to me in PM sounds nothing more than someones belief. You can call it spirtual, but that sounds to me a easy out. A way to NOT provide proof. It sounds no different than a mental illness, since the supposed were believes but makes no physical change. That sounds like nothing.

By the way, Texas rules. :D

maybe it is just you are more sensitive in night time....like the other topic about hearing voices in the night before asleep.....but yours is more complicated...you are open in every sensors you had..

also when you feel dizzy maybe it is just you consume more energy...

if i were you i just ride with it... and go with the flow hehe

Vertigo or some other sickness or maybe its psychosomatic. Sorry, there's no such thing as vampires (plus if you haven't bitten anyone, you're not a vampire). See a doctor

Vertigo or some other sickness or maybe its psychosomatic. Sorry, there's no such thing as vampires (plus if you haven't bitten anyone, you're not a vampire). See a doctor

lol. thnx for the advice everyone, i'll look into this again ;)

Oh no no no no . . . I asked first! YOU prove they don't. (glove on the other hand)

Lamest and cheapest trick in the book. Its the one people use when they know they have nothing. Onus is on the one with the claim (that'd be you...)

None of you can prove that vampires don't exist and I say they do.

Lamest and cheapest trick in the book. Its the one people use when they know they have nothing. Onus is on the one with the claim (that'd be you...)

btw, eric, how very observant of you to not notice that i'm actually a girl, not a boy as u and some others reffered to me in earlier posts. i aprreciate your insight, and try my best to take every bit into consideration, but i'd aprreciate it also if you had the faintest clue about what you are talking about. i suggest you enlighten yourself, either as a skeptic or beleiver, by reading up from reliable sources about this subject :yes:

Oh no no no no . . . I asked first! YOU prove they don't. (glove on the other hand)

So you want people to prove vampires dont exist? wouldnt it be much "easier" for you to prove it... you just have to find ONE vampire, just a single one, thats not much. If instead someone have to 100% undeniably disprove it, so that noone could still claim they exists, one would have to travel the entire world, and examine every single human being, and that would be impossible. So seems like a cheap trick imo, to just ask people to disprove it.