Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
ships-cat

"Wipe Israel off the Map"

99 posts in this topic

ships-cat

There have been running debates in this forum as to wether the Iranian President did... or did not.. threaten to "Wipe Isreal off the Map" a year ago.

Lots of "we hate ourselves" apologists ran forwards to say "no no no.. it was a mis-translation.. and anyway.. he was just quoting words from another Imam... "

OK Liberals.. now sit back and weep.

Here is the Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmedinnejad... live and direct.. in an interview with AFP...

"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene "

There was no mis-translation there, no excuses.

Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map.

Genocide.

Meow Purr :)

Homer
There was no mis-translation there, no excuses.

Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map.

Genocide.

Meow Purr :)

Ahmadinejad never said he wants to(or is going to), or that Iran wants to(or is going to).

ships-cat
Ahmadinejad never said he wants to(or is going to), or that Iran wants to(or is going to).

OOOPS - sorry folks... I was interupted by the phone willst postingg the above, and neglected to post the souurce.

The source is Reuters , citing the state-controled IRNA news agency.

So, no more liberal self-hating excuses... Iran is a Fascist regime that is dedicated to the military destruction of Israel.

Lets here it from Dinnerjacket again..

""You should know that the criminal and terrorist Zionist regime which has 60 years of plundering, aggression and crimes in its file has reached the end of its work and will soon disappear off the geographical scene,"

No equivocation.. that translation was authorised by Iranian State Television.

So.. hand up all here who agree with Genocide ?

Meow Purr.

stevewinn

well that clears that up then, but maybe he didnt mean it, :whistle:

Demian

Well we better attack Iran then.

Princess Serenity

How can people mis-translate that? He's being pretty clear on that fact.

*Sighs*

InHuman

I dont remember any "liberal" on this board saying he didn't do that.

Most just said it wouldn't end well if western forces (pretty much just america) invaded iran.

nickoli

It keeps getting worse with this guy. Seems like the IAEA may have done a little homework and stumbled onto some dastardly evidece. http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=533

Stardrive
Lets here it from Dinnerjacket again..

""You should know that the criminal and terrorist Zionist regime which has 60 years of plundering, aggression and crimes in its file has reached the end of its work and will soon disappear off the geographical scene,"

No equivocation.. that translation was authorised by Iranian State Television.

So.. hand up all here who agree with Genocide ?

Meow Purr.

I wonder if that's why he's a holocost denier... cause he wants to be the first to try? In the article he said the US is going to be destroyed also. Letme guess, he's going to huff and puff and blow the US down with his hot air.

well that clears that up then, but maybe he didnt mean it, :whistle:

Oh not at all Steve, as usual it was merely taken out of context. :lol:

twpdyp

My response is to let Israel unleash their dogs of war and end this thing. If attacked we should stand back and let Israel handle business instead of stepping in and holding up our "Give Peace A Chance" sign.

Cradle of Fish
My response is to let Israel unleash their dogs of war and end this thing. If attacked we should stand back and let Israel handle business instead of stepping in and holding up our "Give Peace A Chance" sign.

Yep, a nation of people who suffered through the holocaust where they lost 6 million people has the right to attack and threaten the lives of 60 million. All because of some rhetoric.

The wackos in Iran should be removed from power, but not by direct western intervention, we saw how well that went in Iraq.

AROCES
Yep, a nation of people who suffered through the holocaust where they lost 6 million people has the right to attack and threaten the lives of 60 million. All because of some rhetoric.

The wackos in Iran should be removed from power, but not by direct western intervention, we saw how well that went in Iraq.

Well, we actually didn't just go into Iraq the next day. Saddam was in power still 10 years after the first Gulf war.

So how do you suggest we handle Mahmoud?

Cradle of Fish
Well, we actually didn't just go into Iraq the next day. Saddam was in power still 10 years after the first Gulf war.

So how do you suggest we handle Mahmoud?

Well, if we have to engage in another war, why dont we wait until Afghanistan and Iraq are actually wrapped up, and we have time to prepare, and give our veterans proper rest and care if they're wounded. It's not something you want to rush in to.

I'm not an expert on foreign policy, but it's not hard to tell that fighting two wars at once is extremely draining, and adding another one against a strong military just isn't the way to go.

And I'd just like to add, if I ever said that he didn't want to wipe Israel off the map, I was wrong. The original quote was shifty and could have been seen as pandering to the radical anti-jew crowd, but this proves it.

Edited by Cradle of Fish

Guardsman Bass

Who the **** cares?

1)Ahmadinejad isn't even the premier power in the Iranian government. That belongs to the clerics, namely the Guardian Council and Supreme Leader Khamenei, who control the police, justice system, and army.

2)Pretty much every state in the Middle East that is on bad terms with Israel says this kind of crap, and has been saying it for decades to rally their people. It's totally meaningless except as an expression of bad relations.

Princess Serenity
Who the **** cares?

1)Ahmadinejad isn't even the premier power in the Iranian government. That belongs to the clerics, namely the Guardian Council and Supreme Leader Khamenei, who control the police, justice system, and army.

2)Pretty much every state in the Middle East that is on bad terms with Israel says this kind of crap, and has been saying it for decades to rally their people. It's totally meaningless except as an expression of bad relations.

We do.

He still "acts" like he's in charge. Isn't he called "president?"

Plainbob13

I hope they try it. I'd love to see Israel beat them back into the stone age.

Homer

Am I the only one who actually read what was said?

As my previous post clearly stated, Ahmadinejad never stated he would wipe Israel off the map, and he never said Iran would either.

He is saying what he has always said, and that it would happen, and that it would be soon. It was nothing more than a prophesy based on propaganda.

I suppose if he said Israel would soon be wiped out by an asteroid, you would freak out and claim he's threating Israel with an asteroid.

zitro1987

so this is enough to get people to want war?

This has been said by nations who are opposed to Israel's foreign policy, and it's not "We're gonna eliminate Israel from the map", it is "Israel is gonna cease to exist in the future", not a "we" . I want to see what comes before/after this particular quote in order to see if it's a threat or not.

These guys hate Israel, they just say it to gain support.

btw, he may be 'president', but he's relatively powerless when it comes to war. The clerics call the shots. If the main leader said it, and hinted that it was a threat to Israel from Iran itself, then it would be very worrying. This is not the case, relax.

nickoli

UN inspectors were shocked by the recent discovery of an Iranian document describing the process for making the potential core of a nuclear weapon.

Internal Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Deputy Director General Olli Heinomen met with diplomats in a closed-door meeting. During the session, Heinomen revealed that the IAEA had gathered information from 10 different countries' intelligence agencies which suggested that Iran had previously engaged in weaponization studies.

Did anyone notice? Think he may use these? Do you think he should have those?I dont know, what you think? Anybody here draw lines in the sand? http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=533

ninjadude
He still "acts" like he's in charge. Isn't he called "president?"

All presidents of foreign nations do NOT have the same powers.

ninjadude
"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene "

You wingnuts get all worked up over things but really fail to understand the words. "REGIME" changes does not equal "ISRAEL off the map". The 8 year old Neocon regime in Washington with a horrible record, is about to die and will soon be erased. A more intelligent "REGIME" in Israel would be met with more much less retoric.

Incorrigible1

Obama (the savior of change) will fix things by negotiating with Iran. "Peace in our time." Heh!

Edited by Incorrigible1

Plainbob13
Obama (the savior of change) will fix things by negotiating with Iran. "Peace in our time." Heh!

LMAO! Yep Jimmy Carter the second will do wonders!

ninjadude

Better than invading a nation that had nothing to do with 9/11 and moving every military asset we have to the region in hopes that a Gulf of Tonkin incident will occur so that we can have permanent war. The only way you can support this crap is to be uninformed or make money off the pentagon.

AROCES
Am I the only one who actually read what was said?

As my previous post clearly stated, Ahmadinejad never stated he would wipe Israel off the map, and he never said Iran would either.

He is saying what he has always said, and that it would happen, and that it would be soon. It was nothing more than a prophesy based on propaganda.

I suppose if he said Israel would soon be wiped out by an asteroid, you would freak out and claim he's threating Israel with an asteroid.

Actually, you are the only one left who is still not convinced Mahmoud would destroy Israel any chance he may get.