Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Investigate alone?

Towknee

There is a nearby park in Grafton, Wisconsin that is known for its extremely active paranormal activity and UFO activity. I have trouble finding anyone that is brave enough to venture into the forest with me at night, due to its paranormal nature, but I feel so drawn to it. Every time I have been in the forest I have had an experience. I want to be able to spend an entire night or two in this forest to observe everything that goes on inside and around Lake Michigan (there have been various reports of unexplainable objects on Lake Michigan)

So my question is, do you think it is unwise to investigate alone? Is this more dangerous than having someone with you?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Towknee

• Korbus

• Syntax

• Guardian Angel of Fire

There is a nearby park in Grafton, Wisconsin that is known for its extremely active paranormal activity and UFO activity. I have trouble finding anyone that is brave enough to venture into the forest with me at night, due to its paranormal nature, but I feel so drawn to it. Every time I have been in the forest I have had an experience. I want to be able to spend an entire night or two in this forest to observe everything that goes on inside and around Lake Michigan (there have been various reports of unexplainable objects on Lake Michigan)

So my question is, do you think it is unwise to investigate alone? Is this more dangerous than having someone with you?

I would recommend having at least one other person with you. Preferably an open minded skeptic. If not just for support, but so they can help validate your claims. And if you plan on doing any kind of documentation, ie: recording video or audio, etc....it will be helpful to have people there to help with all this. I wish I lived in Wisconsin, I might go with you. I'm always up for casing out this type of stuff. Are there any paranormal groups in your area? Maybe they'd be willing to help.

What kind of personal experiences have you had in the forest? Just curious..

Usually yes in an unknown area it's unwise to go alone because you might be going along a path even and in a forest you cant tell if you'll slip down an edge and if your injured and have no cell phone to call for help then who's going to try to be able to help you? plus it's more less if your alone and have an experience it's only personal, you dont have a second witness who also had same experience at that moment as you.

I have already brought a couple dozen skeptics to the forest and completely changed their views on.. well everything.

My intentions are not to prove that there is something out there.. rather just to find out more information about it. I wish that I could find someone to go with me overnight, but I have difficulties finding anyone who is willing to go in there at all after dark.

There is a paranormal group about 2 hours away.. I have talked to them and they already had intentions of making a trip out to see it, but I don't want to wait. I can't wait..

Edited by Tonyizzle

As Guardian stated, not a good idea to go alone. I would go there with you, buuuuuuuut, I don't talk to strangers. ;)

Always have at least...two or more people with you man.

Just for the safety precaution I would always take someone with me.

I have already brought a couple dozen skeptics to the forest and completely changed their views on.. well everything.

My intentions are not to prove that there is something out there.. rather just to find out more information about it. I wish that I could find someone to go with me overnight, but I have difficulties finding anyone who is willing to go in there at all after dark.

There is a paranormal group about 2 hours away.. I have talked to them and they already had intentions of making a trip out to see it, but I don't want to wait. I can't wait..

I would suggest they were not skeptics. So you see UFO's daily and now you see ghosts too. :no:

I would suggest they were not skeptics. So you see UFO's daily and now you see ghosts too. :no:

Never said that. Thanks for that oh-so-valuable input though. :no:

Why is it such a bad idea to go by yourself? It is a relatively good neighborhood, so I am not worried about people being in there causing problems.

Basically what I am trying to ask is are spirits and such more dangerous if you are alone?

Edited by Tonyizzle

Regardless of claims of UFO sightings, or Ghost crap...SAFETY FIRST!

Only YOU can prevent forest fires! B)

There is a nearby park in Grafton, Wisconsin that is known for its extremely active paranormal activity and UFO activity.

My experience with the phenomenon (especially the UFO phenomenon) is that the more you seek, the less you will find. It's strange, but it seems to exist across the board of all phenomonology.

This was shown in the NIDS research project of the Gorman Ranch in the Uinta Basin in Utah. Nearly 10 years of NIDS research didn't turn up anything conclusive, despite the reports of not only the Gorman family, but the neighbours, the townspeople, the local Ute population and the Ute legends of the area.

Looking at the phenomeon quantitatively, Keel, Vallee and even Coleman noted that the best time of year for sightings across the whole paranormal spectrum is July (July 24 yielding the most sightings - All souls day - oddly this was also the day Kenneth Arnold had his famous UFO enounter in 1947 ), with the most sightings on Wednesday and Saturday.

This shows intelligence on behalf of the phenomenon.

Who knows, perhaps they know they are being watched.

Ahem.

Can members please stay on topic and avoid personal attacks and /or dragging up previous threads.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]

My experience with the phenomenon (especially the UFO phenomenon) is that the more you seek, the less you will find. It's strange, but it seems to exist across the board of all phenomonology.

This was shown in the NIDS research project of the Gorman Ranch in the Uinta Basin in Utah. Nearly 10 years of NIDS research didn't turn up anything conclusive, despite the reports of not only the Gorman family, but the neighbours, the townspeople, the local Ute population and the Ute legends of the area.

Looking at the phenomeon quantitatively, Keel, Vallee and even Coleman noted that the best time of year for sightings across the whole paranormal spectrum is July (July 24 yielding the most sightings - All souls day - oddly this was also the day Kenneth Arnold had his famous UFO enounter in 1947 ), with the most sightings on Wednesday and Saturday.

This shows intelligence on behalf of the phenomenon.

Who knows, perhaps they know they are being watched.

Hmm, very interesting. Thanks.

I have been in there almost every night since I had my first experience, a little over a month ago, and I have noticed an increase in the activity more than a decrease. But then again I think I am just becoming open to more things spiritually.

Why is it such a bad idea to go by yourself? It is a relatively good neighborhood, so I am not worried about people being in there causing problems.

Basically what I am trying to ask is are spirits and such more dangerous if you are alone?

I don't they are any more or less dangerous if you are alone. Personally, I was just interested in your safety and your ability to gather evidence or whatever. But if you're not really interested in that stuff, do whatever you want. If you absolutely can't wait and want to go tonight or something....then by all means, go tonight. But you asked for an opinion and you got it. But seriously, if you aren't worried and you're just in it for the experiences or just whatever and you want to go, go for it. Let us know what happens.

Good luck!

im probably the closest person to u... Wisconsin but i wouldn't go...

I don't they are any more or less dangerous if you are alone. Personally, I was just interested in your safety and your ability to gather evidence or whatever. But if you're not really interested in that stuff, do whatever you want. If you absolutely can't wait and want to go tonight or something....then by all means, go tonight. But you asked for an opinion and you got it. But seriously, if you aren't worried and you're just in it for the experiences or just whatever and you want to go, go for it. Let us know what happens.

Good luck!

Hey, I do thank you for your opinion, I just feel this attraction to this forest, I feel that I have to discover what is in there. I could care less about evidence or any of that, because nobody is going to accept it anyway. Not so sound greedy, but as long as I get to experience it then I am perfectly happy.

But the reason I want to go in there for an entire night is because about a week ago I was in there with my girlfriend and a cop pulled up soon afterwards, so we ran into the thick forest part, lied down and hid. After a couple of minutes of hiding lights started going throughout the forest and there were noises, so we assumed that the cops were in the forest looking for us (the park closes at 9pm) After about 15-20 minutes of laying there motionless the lights still did not stop so we decided to just go and face the music and admit that we were in the park after hours. When we got back to the forest trail the lights were gone and there was no cop. The cop was waiting by our car by time we got back (with a toe truck) and he said he never entered the park.

I just feel this attraction to this forest, I feel that I have to discover what is in there. I could care less about evidence or any of that, because nobody is going to accept it anyway. Not so sound greedy, but as long as I get to experience it then I am perfectly happy.

History is littered with examples of such a thing. Many UFO contactees feel a compulsion to go to a specific place at a specific time and usually yield a good result with their observations.

I myself have a yearning to check out an a dormant volcano in my local area one saturday night, and everytime I think about it I get quite excited. the only thing that has stopped me is the fear of confronting something that I was meant to find in the first place.

of course I note that what I feel is common place, and there may be no extra-sensory feeling behind it.

My advice is, follow your gut instinct. A lot of great photos and experiences have been achieved in this way.

It is concidered a golden rule in the paranormal investagation field to never do a investagation alone so I would advise against this,If you choose to do so any way tell someone where and when you will be back and good luck to you hope you come back...Aanica :no:

ps.Thats a scary avatar! cool..

Edited by Aanica

It is concidered a golden rule in the paranormal investagation field to never do a investagation alone so I would advise against this,If you choose to do so any way tell someone where and when you will be back and good luck to you hope you come back...Aanica :no:

ps.Thats a scary avatar! cool..

Sound advice!

Never said that. Thanks for that oh-so-valuable input though. :no:

Yes they are...and if your alone who will believe you? sometimes things like drained batteries dead equipment happen so if there is someone else there at least you can back each other up..and if you have changed minds of skeptics that went then this place could definitely be dangerious to someone alone...Aanica :ph34r:

I think he's just in it for the experience itself. Can't blame him, really. I've done some crazy stuff by myself just for thrills or whatever, too. If he does end up going alone, however, I just want him to come back and tell us all what happened. Even though there wil be no evidence, I find nothing wrong with a good, old-fashioned eye witness account just for good time's sake.

If you want to go there, then go!!

When did we all become babies?

I have no problem going on investigations alone, matter of fact I prefer to be alone. Less distraction.

You have more to fear from fellow humans, than ghosts or spirits or aliens, IMO! The statistics are on my side. ;)

Let someone know where you're going to be and when to expect you back, for safety's sake, and just go if you want to.

Syntax, if you go to that dormant volcano, take pics!!! I'd love to see it!!!

Syntax, if you go to that dormant volcano, take pics!!! I'd love to see it!!!

Will do! I think it's a combination of the fact that it is the highest point around for several miles (it overlooks a great deal of the southern most part of my state), as well as a lot of paranormal reports from in Australia seem to spring up in areas that pool a lot of electro-magentic interference (something I am noting other members noting as well in other topics - especially regarding storms). Hence, Mt Warning (Northern NSW) seems to be the most likely spot. Of course there are higher elevations in the mountain range to the west...but those are mostly un-accessible.

Thanks for all of the input. I went alone tonight but it started raining and I only got to go for about an hour.. nothing too interesting happened. It never seems active when it's raining.

Thanks for all of the input. I went alone tonight but it started raining and I only got to go for about an hour.. nothing too interesting happened. It never seems active when it's raining.

note that, note that information down that it never seems active when it's raining!!! i'm serious note everything and try to piece it together into something reasonable!!!! sorry not yelling bit excitement

Overall, I would say yes, but base it on the type of activity reported at the place. If it sounds like it could be a harmful entity or could interact with you, I wouldn't advise it. But if its more of a residual type, then sure go it alone.