Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl finds her virtual twin?

clockworkgirl21

I heard about this on Ripley's Believe It Or Not, and wondered if anyone could find anything on it, because it sounds so unbelievable!

This girl writes her name and phone number on a slip of paper, and asks for whoever finds it to give her a call. She ties it to a balloon, and lets it go into the air. Hundreds of miles away, a girl finds the letter in her backyard. She gives the girl a call, and this is where the weird stuff happens. These two girls have the exact same name, same birthdate, their parents have the same names and careers, ect. That's just a bit too unbelievable for me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clockworkgirl21

• The Paranormal Skeptic

• yvan

• ZombieHunter117

Well thats one in a million very good story but you know it might be because the parents were raised the same and go back like that on and on. The world works in mysterious ways.

i think the question here is WHY THE HELL WOULD U DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE what is she lonely or something

That really isn't a safe thing to do.. it's almost as bad as posting that on the net.

Her name wouldn't happen to have been like... Amy Smith or something like that would it? :P Daughter of John Smith... lol

-C

well theres a supposed myth that for every person in the world the have an exact opposite basically an identical twin like they will have same name look the same have the same hobbies there friends have the same names and so on. but you will never cross paths because if you did you would become insane. i personally think this is true but rather than you twin exisiting in this earth i believe it exists in another dimension somehwere.

Or probably they have many similarities, but not as much as what the TV says. You know, sometimes they have to exaggerate stories.

well theres a supposed myth that for every person in the world the have an exact opposite basically an identical twin like they will have same name look the same have the same hobbies there friends have the same names and so on. but you will never cross paths because if you did you would become insane. i personally think this is true but rather than you twin exisiting in this earth i believe it exists in another dimension somehwere.

If this is true it could explain the spirit mimic phenomenon

If you ever did come face to face with a person who looks like you, you would still deny the fact that he/she looks like you. It is only other people who find similarities between two different people. So

If you ever did come face to face with a person who looks like you, you would still deny the fact that he/she looks like you. It is only other people who find similarities between two different people. So

This is probably why identical twins will say "how can’t you tell us apart we look nothing alike."

The story sounds improbable, but definitely not impossible...

The fact is that unless you have a very unique name, there are going to be several other people with the identical name. The parents having the same (or similar) names is less frequent, but still happens often enough...I have seen this personally seen that with people having identical names and with ONE parent having the same name, so why not two?

The part about the letter being found by the correct person is not at all strange. According to the story, the letter was found in the other girl's "backyard". It does not say that the balloon landed in her yard. So, all that means is that somebody else living within the wider area found the original letter, and on looking at the envelope sees (for example) Debbie Jones, and thinks - this is strange, but I better go and pass this letter on to Debbie.

Why they placed the letter in the backyard instead of handing it in directly at the door seems a bit unusual (but not too bizarre); there could be several reasons - such as nobody being home at the Jones' house at the time...etc. So there is nothing unbelievable about the letter eventually ending up in the hands of the person with the same name.

Overall, this entire scenario is a bit unlikely but by no means impossible. However, I agree that it is a bit risky to do things like this...you never know who would open the letter and call your number...

I believe this is true, I read about it in a book about coincidences written by a reputable author a while ago

...and I had to go look that up. What's wrong with me? Something else to creep me out.

I believe this is true, I read about it in a book about coincidences written by a reputable author a while ago

Remember any details about this book?

• 3 weeks later...

Parallel Universe :blink:

Yeah, I heard about the .... You have a twin somewhere .... I think it's highly unlikely, but thats just me :mellow:

Interesting tho :yes:

Wow, if that's true, there's like a 0.00000000000000001% chance of that happening.

Wonder if mine is on another planet- That would be so cool.

I heard about this on Ripley's Believe It Or Not, and wondered if anyone could find anything on it, because it sounds so unbelievable!

This girl writes her name and phone number on a slip of paper, and asks for whoever finds it to give her a call. She ties it to a balloon, and lets it go into the air. Hundreds of miles away, a girl finds the letter in her backyard. She gives the girl a call, and this is where the weird stuff happens. These two girls have the exact same name, same birthdate, their parents have the same names and careers, ect. That's just a bit too unbelievable for me.

can you find the link I would love to read it... :yes:

• 1 month later...

Yeah so would I. I'd liek to know how they knew they were twins. Did they speak to each other? Did they meet somewhere? Did they write and send each other pictures?

I watched that episode some years back.

yeah, i cant believe it though but sometimes things like these are real.

• 2 weeks later...

Havn't heard about that but I heard about a brazilian priest who put HIMSELF in the balloons and went to the heavens literally and was never seen again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7360416.stm

The bugger brought a GPS device, but not the manuals on how to use it. Last thing they heard from him was a phone call asking about how to use his GPS.

Sorry for getting a little off topic couldnt help myself.

-EA

Aw now this story about the 2 little girls is really something.

It really gives one cause for pause... :su

I found a video of it...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/29362/the_balloon_incident/

:D :D

Edited by D is here

I've heard that story. It is true, which is kind of amazing. Ripley's Believe It or Not makes these things sound so unbelivable, because they are.

• 1 year later...

i think the question here is WHY THE HELL WOULD U DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE what is she lonely or something

Maybe just for fun?