Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whats the process to sell your soul?

Pol_Pot_will_killyou

I heard Voodoo Child is about how Jimi Hendrix sold his soul to the devil for fame and the way the ceremony was performed was by drinking a priests vomit at some lake. Anyone know if this is a true satanic ceremony and if it has a time limit on it, with Hendrix's only lasting until he was 28?

-Pol

• Like 1

I heard Voodoo Child is about how Jimi Hendrix sold his soul to the devil for fame and the way the ceremony was performed was by drinking a priests vomit at some lake. Anyone know if this is a true satanic ceremony and if it has a time limit on it, with Hendrix's only lasting until he was 28?

-Pol

He was 27

And you've got to be kidding?

SUPPOSEDLY a blues musician named Robert Johnson sold his soul too.

For the sake of the story, I just wondered if there is any description of what process they underwent.

-Pol

SUPPOSEDLY a blues musician named Robert Johnson sold his soul too.

For the sake of the story, I just wondered if there is any description of what process they underwent.

-Pol

Okay then, actaully the first bluesman to sell his soul to the devil was Tommy Johnson (no relation to Robert)

Before him there is always Paganini & Orpheus

But anyway . . .

"If you want to learn how to make songs yourself, you take your guitar and you go to where the road crosses that way, where a crossroads is. Get there be sure to get there just a little ' fore 12 that night so you know you'll be there. You have your guitar and be playing a piece there by yourself…A big black man will walk up there and take your guitar and he'll tune it. And then he'll play a piece and hand it back to you. That's the way I learned to play anything I want."

Tommy Johnson

Of course his goes a little deeper than it seems. The Keeper of the Crossroads in the Vodoun (Voodoo) religion is Papa Legba also seen as the Devil / trickster. It is this Lwa (spirit) that must first be summoned before you can go on to any other Lwa, in other words Papa Legba opens the Gates to the Spirit World and to hidden knowledge.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

Honestly, that just sounds silly. I doubt it's true.

Oh, that's gross. I think I'd rather be a crappy musician. :innocent:

• Like 1

I don't know... maybe you can use Ebay :hmm:

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Homer Simpson sold his soul for a donut.

But seriously, I suppose if you believe in heaven, hell, satan, and having a soul, it's within the realm of possibility.

-Pol

If God doesn't show up to answer your prayers, why do people believe the devil would show up to negotiate for your soul?

• Like 4

Good point. But, What if its demons, that do the so-called deals. And why sell your soul when your going to die young? Makes no sense to me.

Good point. But, What if its demons, that do the so-called deals. And why sell your soul when your going to die young? Makes no sense to me.

Okay, but angels don't show up to answer your prayers, either. But you're right . . . it makes no sense. It had a certain cultural flair to it when it dealt with Faust, but today it's the fodder of cultism.

The Devil is a humanist and God is like, trees and stars and tides and stuff...

And anyways, isnt performing the summoning ritual basically forcing the Devil or demon to be at that place, at that time? Like they have to?

Someone should Mythbust if you have 2 satanic rituals performed at the exact same time, if the devil gets preoccupied with one of the rituals or the other.

-Pol

• Like 1

And anyways, isnt performing the summoning ritual basically forcing the Devil or demon to be at that place, at that time? Like they have to?

Someone should Mythbust if you have 2 satanic rituals performed at the exact same time, if the devil gets preoccupied with one of the rituals or the other.

-Pol

Any videos?

Okay, but angels don't show up to answer your prayers, either. But you're right . . . it makes no sense. It had a certain cultural flair to it when it dealt with Faust, but today it's the fodder of cultism.

Thats true too.

-Pol

OK. But if god can be in more then one place at a time , For the sake of argument. Can't the devil do the same? God is all powerful or suposed to be and the devil to an degree is the same.

to make a 'contract' with the devil so to speak i believe u summon him doing some kind of ritual and to seal the deal the good old fashioned writing ur signiture with ur own blood

Edited by Elite

to make a 'contract' with the devil so to speak i believe u summon him doing some kind of ritual and to seal the deal the good old fashioned writing ur signiture with ur own blood

There are references on youtube under "Satanic Rituals."

If you play sesame street in reverse the devil will appear and make you a star in TV. It worked for Springer.

I'd say it's just a new version of the Robert Johnson myth for a different generation.

• 1 month later...

-Pol

in the past i found some info about Hendrix been an UFO /Allien contactee, who received most his famous tunes thru contact with those beings. Same as Elvis Presley. Feel free to question my findinds but it may be the actually truth behind both artists talent and genious.

I'm pretty sure Homer Simpson sold his soul for a donut.

But seriously, I suppose if you believe in heaven, hell, satan, and having a soul, it's within the realm of possibility.

It was Bart - sold it to Millhouse - luckily Lisa bought it back for him ... just what sisters are for!!!

Have to do the same for my bro regularly

• Like 1