Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sceptic Versus Psychic

UM-Bot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• tarabull

• mowo

• thepsychoticseaotter

Great news, I hope he takes that fraud to the cleaners.

believing that you have 'psychic powers' because you are a failure at everything else is one thing, but making money out of it makes you a charlatan.

Mediator is the term for dealing with the dead [communication usually]. I myself do not believe in John Edwards ability, but I know mediators are real.

John Edwards is a smarmy contriving git.

It does seem that 'mediators' or 'psychics' or whatever, who become famous are investigated and turn out to be frauds.

It is only the not so famous, who are not investigated that provide the pillar for belief...

I think he's a fake. Before they start the show theygive them a questionnaire that asks questions like that they want to happen during the show and who they want to make contact with. Why!?

Some people are just too ignorant to realize when people are deceiving them?

That reminds me of that infamous evangelical 'faith healer'...forget his name...people are asked at the door about their disabilities and problems by his wife, and for some reason are shocked and amazed when the guy knows what they are...

...some people are just so willing to believe whatever the hell they want, common sense or intelligence doesn't come into it.

woa...it posted...my ISP must be working again grin2.gif *marches to war on some other threads devil.gif*

Edited by Seraphina

Okay I am undecided to what is true or not within the paranormal field. Is it not in some incidences rather difficult to say if someone is genuine or a fraud? I ask this because there is no firm hardcore evidence that Spiritual realms don't exist or they do. Who really know's?

However I do know for a fact that there is one medium who definately is not what that person says they are. This person has been seen getting a 'little extra help' from the laptop and the internet.

I actually feel that the people who are the normal average jo's are much more likely to have some type of mediumistic skills, if any, than these mediums who are in the limelight and getting paid by the bucket full.

Edited by Lottie

yea we should definitely start doing something about people to take advantage of others beliefs to make money!

South Park covers this tyoe of thing, very funny!!! suggest yo all see it!

Episode 615:  The Biggest Douche in the Universe

When a famous psychic fails to help him exorcise Kenny from his body, Cartman takes other steps to achieve his goal. He and Chef travel to the moors of Scotland, where Chef’s mom tries a little of her voodoo magic on him. Meanwhile, after the boy’s encounter with the TV psychic, Kyle is paralyzed with fear at the thought of members of the spirit world watching over him. Only by debunking those who claim they can communicate with the dead can Stan save Kyle.

Edited by Nethius

Okay everybody make a note - his name is JOHN EDWARD! period there is no "S" on EDWARD! Sheesheemeneesh! wacko.gif

Ignorance is never out of style. It was in fashion yesterday, it is the rage today and it will set the pace tomorrow.

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on.

Hi right back at ya Lottie original.gif

Yes, I'm afraid you have 'figured me out' >> I AM a big John Edward fan. I admit tho I started out a skeptic but approached with an open mind - have watched a tonne of Crossing Over episodes and have read his first 2 books.

These days I have a hard time believe the guy isn't for real. From early on, his life has been filled with messages and visits from those that have Crossed Over. He is just a regular person with the keen knack for utilizing his uncanny abilities. (Oh if we could all be so lucky!!!!!)

As for the self-described "mind-illusionist" Mark Mayer, I believe he suffers from a severe case of 'making other people look bad, to make himself feel good' and I wonder how he will feel after choking back freshly served crow. dontgetit.gif

I think he's a fake. Before they start the show theygive them a questionnaire that asks questions like that they want to happen during the show and who they want to make contact with. Why!?

Hey Chris_com28: So, have you actually BEEN to a taping??????????????

These days I have a hard time believe the guy isn't for real.

tarabull,

you might want to considering reading a couple of books on "cold reading" skills, I would bet you would change your opinion.

here are a couple of links:

link

link

link

There are several good books on the subject. that combined with creative editing really changes my opinion about John Edwards...

Fluffy Bunny - Thanks for sharing...

I understand 'cold reading skills' and will consider the links with an open mind.

Have you ever seen JOHN EDWARD at a 'road block'???? How could he be a cold reading???

huh.gif

Hey Tara

Whats a road block? Is it a road block as one would know it or something else? Sorry for the maybe seemingly stupid question! LOL

Lottie

Have you ever seen JOHN EDWARD at a 'road block'???? How could he be a cold reading???

huh.gif

I have seen John Edwards quite a bit, but a "road block" doesn't ring a bell. Are you reffering to something specific or are you speaking of when he gets stumped?

Sorry folks, for being so vague

John (himself) calls them 'road blocks' because the spiritual world won't let him move on in the reading until the person the message is meant for 'gets it'....

He might ask someone 'who's the guy with he uniform?' and if the person can't think of who wore/wears a uniform, that spirit holds John ransom (that's how he describes it) until the person he's reading, realizes who....(the spirit continues to give clues/hints to help the person identify them and will not stop until then)

Hope this helps define 'road block'

tongue.gif

Sorry, I'm being silly, I MEANT the spirit holds John HOSTAGE (not RANSOM)

might ask someone 'who's the guy with he uniform?' and if the person can't think of who wore/wears a uniform, that spirit holds John ransom (that's how he describes it) until the person he's reading, realizes who

I think that would be because everyone knows someone in uniform. If you read through some of the cold reading info, that is one of the givens...

Thinkof how many different type of people wear uniforms of one type or another. Military, police, fireman, postman, delivery person, retail...

I don't think that there is a person on earth that isn't related to, or know of someone who wears or has worn a uniform...not to mention the fact that many people in military/police/fire uniform have died at one point...

Knowing the odds of getting a positive response in that question, it is something that could be pushed to make a point.

Sorry I used UNIFORM merely as an example....I get your point YES uniform is pretty vague but I swear he is much more specific. wink2.gif