Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sceptic Versus Psychic

UM-Bot

Hi

I have to say that the Mediums I have met have never been held for ransom by a spirit trying to get a point across, sounds funny. Might I suggest without offending that he uses this tactic because he knows he is not getting anywhere and so is biding time and using this time to cold call?

Lottie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• tarabull

• mowo

• thepsychoticseaotter

Possibly.

I don't know about John Edward...and I have been to a show.I'm going back when he comes to my area to find out.

Oh...and he doesn't give out a quiz before the show.

I don't even want to think about him 'not' being on the level sad.gif ...that would be the cruelest thing anyone could do.

I hope they do investigate him...bring him out.You should see how he affects those poor people.If I found out he was lying, I'd string him up myself!

Also not to offend, but I think that using the "road block" tactic because he knows he is not getting anywhere and so is biding time and using this time to cold call is definitely not the case.

If one were to witness a "road block" in action, you'd see. Besides what the skeptics are proposing is that the man is wired to someone in a back room, who is frantically conducting an impromptu investigation to feed relevant info to John out on stage, and for me that is too far fetched.

If he is proven to be a farse....I'll happily choke down crow instead of Mike Mayer.

wink2.gif

i watch his show pretty much everyday

i gotta admit sometimes he gets a little too specific about minor details

i dont know how anyone could get so much info then remember it.

he dosent come off to me as a liar

it is a little weird tho, that everybody he gives a reading to JUST had a loved one die. but then again he gives readings about people who died in someone's childhood.

im on the fence

I am always a skeptic when I see the

"psychic" who needs to be paid in

advance for his/hers reading or mediations.

There are many REAL psychics we hardly

ever hear a word about, and that is the

way they want it, also many of these

"psychics" hardly ever ask for anything

in return for their service.

There are Psychics that have been known

to work with the CIA, FBI, and many other

less known US government institutions.

In some cases missing persons cases have

been solved, murders solved, and criminals

captured. All from unknown unpaid

psychics.

The CIA has a whole floor in it's

secret headquarters dedicated just to

remote viewing and remote viewers.

There must be something real in many

psychics, but most of the ones we see

or know are nothing more than scam artists. and that should be a crime!

I also believe everyone is Psychic in

some way, it can be as simple as

common intuition... or as complex as

breaking the rules of space and time and

seeing into the future.

What makes me sick and even sad is seeing

someone willing to exploit the pain of

people searching for answers from those

loved ones who have passed away.

People like Edwards who play these scams

should be in Jail!

Gazz grin2.gif

Hey Universal Absurdity >> when you say "i gotta admit sometimes he gets a little too specific about minor details" >> do you mean too specific and too hard to believe? or too specific and that nobody could have known that and he must be for real????

Just curious...

rolleyes.gif

John edwards annoys me . I have seen his sesions and the way he carries them out shows obvious signs he is fake .

Most well known psychics are probobly fake with good methods of pretending to be psychic . Most real psychics will offer services for absolutly free . Why ? Psi sometimes does not work . I have had my bad days where I couldnt do anything and couldnt figure out why . Psi works far better then chance , but you can really only rely on it 85 % of the time . The psis you see on tv that are somehow always right no matter what are usually full of it ... ( probobly cant even make a psi ball disgust.gif )

You know, with all the money he has made scamming people you'd think he could afford a dentist or orthodontist or something.......God, those teeth are horrid wacko.gif

remote viewing and remote viewers

where the hell did you hear that

I have no Idea who John Edward is , I have a feeling he's a little like Colin Frye though . Is he?

Oddly enough though I have an opinion on wether or not some people have powers of mediumship .

I have paid good money to see 3 psychics in my life , One I paid $20.00 and she was an absolutely superb cold reader , however she didn't tell me anything she couldn't have guessed from my age , my accent and other things that where physically obvious. Another one I paid $25.00 to and she was utter twaddle , thru out some runestones and just made stuff up , the third one cost me the very princely sum of $40.00 and it was money well spent .

Although she cost a lot more , it was worth it . Not just because she was so good at what she did but also because she helped to strengthen my belief in all things spiritual original.gif

Hey Universal Absurdity >> when you say "i gotta admit sometimes he gets a little too specific about minor details" >> do you mean too specific and too hard to believe? or too specific and that nobody could have known that and he must be for real????

both... its hard to believe the minor details that mean so much to whomever is getting the reading. and theres no way possible, for some of the things said, to be fabricated or found out.

an example from a show that i can remember, a woman's husband died while she was on the way to his room. the hospital staff left her alone with him to pay her respects. she said "my baby left me" and she had never called him her baby while he was alive. john edward told her that he (the husband) knew she called him her baby. he also wished her well on her new relationship. he had died many years before.

hard to believe john edward, or one of his staff could have found this information out. for a 5 minute part of a 30 minute show.

I think its best to look at mediums objectively. For instance, in the tragic event of a baby dying, are they able to communicate through spirit mediums? Even though they never learned to speak on earth? Are babies still babies in the afterlife or do they suddenly grow up so that they are aware of what is happening?

Are mediums able to communicate with every single human being who has ever died in the history of planet earth? that would make billions and billions of spirits to sift through to get to 'Albert' or whatever. Also, if mediums can contact the spirits of the dead, why not have a chat with Julius Caesar or Henry VIII, surely that would make for more entertaining viewing?

Personally I a would hate the thought of an afterlife where I would be constantly getting disturbed by spirit mediums and dragged away from paradise to chat on some cheesy TV show. Also, if I was dead and a ghost and I wanted to contact my family to tell them I was OK, I would find some other way of communicating with them than through a smarmy fake tanned cheesemeister.

If the existance of spirit mediums is a fact of life, why arent there more? Why are the only people who claim to be mediums so dodgy looking that you wouldnt trust them with your car keys?

an example from a show that i can remember, a woman's husband died while she was on the way to his room. the hospital staff left her alone with him to pay her respects. she said "my baby left me" and she had never called him her baby while he was alive. john edward told her that he (the husband) knew she called him her baby. he also wished her well on her new relationship. he had died many years before.

hard to believe john edward, or one of his staff could have found this information out. for a 5 minute part of a 30 minute show.

I am certain that the lady in question would have told someone about the fact she called him her baby after he died. The sad fact is that many people want to believe so much that they dont question the the mediums integrity.

Never underestimate the lengths a magician or con artist will go to pull off a stunt that lasts a couple of minutes.

I am certain that the lady in question would have told someone about the fact she called him her baby after he died. The sad fact is that many people want to believe so much that they dont question the the mediums integrity.

Never underestimate the lengths a magician or con artist will go to pull off a stunt that lasts a couple of minutes.

either that or the person was planted in the audience

people you have to understand there are a lot of crooks out there, and they will do/say anything to get your money!

these TV psychic's are not for real, it is all tricks and lies

remote viewing and remote viewers

Hi Dowdy, i take it from your..."where the hell did you hear that" you don't agree, lol.

The fact is it's true.And anyone with a basic knowledge or interest in paranormal phenomena would know this.They have used psychic viewing or remote viewing for many years, and the results have been outstanding.

The fact is it's true.And anyone with a basic knowledge or interest in paranormal phenomena would know this.They have used psychic viewing or remote viewing for many years, and the results have been outstanding.

Do you have a credible link to back this up?

The fact is it's true.And anyone with a basic knowledge or interest in paranormal phenomena would know this.

And they would know this how? By all of the unsubstantiated rumors? By remote viewing? Psychic hotline?

They have used psychic viewing or remote viewing for many years, and the results have been outstanding.

Outstanding enough that all of the programs dedicated to remote viewing were canceled decades ago. When they didn't work.

John Edward could be a mind reader...they are different than a psychic.To me a psychic can tell the future and a mind reader, well, he does just that...reads minds.

A mind reader could pick up on what's on anyone's mind which is a feat in itself, but that's not a psychic.Edward does something more than read minds, though...I remember, he tells people things they don't know or couldn't possibly know.They go home and check it out with relatives and bingo...it's true.

Now how does he do that, if he's just a mind reader? huh.gif

If you do a search for Documents released under the freedom of information act , you will find Documents that reveal the US government's research into Soviet parasychology. The conclusion led to a number of top-secret CIA projects aimed at harnessing psychic powers for US military and intellegence puposes.

This information is courtesy of The 'X' factor magazine Issue#1 . You can also find other information by doing a search on psychic spies .

Feeling generous though I have provided you with a link to one of the CIA most famouse psychic Spies Joseph W. McMoneagle

I thought I'd put one in for the believers tongue.gif

Thanks Kismit I've been feeling so alone here LOL ph34r.gif

If any of ya'll would really like to know more about John Edward, pick up a copy of his book One Last Time.

It's described as an honest - and sometimes even skeptical - approach John discusses how he first discovered, then gradually developed, his psychic ability to foretell events and communicate with the deceased. Okay, here's the really kewl part >> He also empowers people to tune into their own phychic abilities - and read and understand signs of spiritual contact EVEN YOU might be experiencing every day without even knowing it. w00t.gif

He is not a mind reader, he claims himself to be a psychic medium.

Pick up the book and check (check check) it out!!!

A'ite? wiggle.gif

bleh, this is how i reckon it works

for 90% of the stuff he does its straight up cold reading

the other 10% is a planted audience member, now before you go and say "hah why don't they speak out to the media!", contracts can be a very powerful thing, breaking one could cost a huge amount of money and destroy your career.