Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sceptic Versus Psychic

UM-Bot

Would somebody please answer my earlier questions, rather than skirting around them:

in the tragic event of a baby dying, are they able to communicate through spirit mediums? Even though they never learned to speak on earth? Are babies still babies in the afterlife or do they suddenly grow up so that they are aware of what is happening?

Are mediums able to communicate with every single human being who has ever died in the history of planet earth? that would make billions and billions of spirits to sift through to get to 'Albert' or whatever. Also, if mediums can contact the spirits of the dead, why not have a chat with Julius Caesar or Henry VIII, surely that would make for more entertaining viewing?

Personally I a would hate the thought of an afterlife where I would be constantly getting disturbed by spirit mediums and dragged away from paradise to chat on some cheesy TV show. Also, if I was dead and a ghost and I wanted to contact my family to tell them I was OK, I would find some other way of communicating with them than through a smarmy fake tanned cheesemeister.

If the existance of spirit mediums is a fact of life, why arent there more? Why are the only people who claim to be mediums so dodgy looking that you wouldnt trust them with your car keys?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• tarabull

• mowo

• thepsychoticseaotter

Seeing as you asked so nicely Mowo .. original.gif

I myself have never encountered a case of a baby comunicating through spirit , however there have been cases of Great Aunt Hilda and Old Grandpa Joe coming through to say they are taking care of the child .

Are mediums able to communicate with every single human being who has ever died in the history of planet earth? that would make billions and billions of spirits to sift through to get to 'Albert' or whatever. Also, if mediums can contact the spirits of the dead, why not have a chat with Julius Caesar or Henry VIII, surely that would make for more entertaining viewing?

Apparently it's only the spirits that have a message to pass on that come through . And as it is that I believe in re-incarnation , I don't think everyones going to be there to answer the call , so to speak .

Personally I a would hate the thought of an afterlife where I would be constantly getting disturbed by spirit mediums and dragged away from paradise to chat on some cheesy TV show.

In quite a few cases I have heard the spirits actually do get anoyed once they have passed on ther information that is .

If the existance of spirit mediums is a fact of life, why arent there more? Why are the only people who claim to be mediums so dodgy looking that you wouldnt trust them with your car keys?

Most of us wish to be different and special in some way but for those people who actually do have a gift it can be very hard to come to terms with , one of the hardest parts of having the gift is accepting it and very commonly these people will try everything to avoid owning up to having it .

Other than that it's just the old story of a few rotten apples spoiling the bunch , someone who is truely gifted seldom goes around advertising it , and someone who isn't but wants to stand out will have to decieve you to make you believe.

That reminds me of that infamous evangelical 'faith healer'...forget his name...people are asked at the door about their disabilities and problems by his wife, and for some reason are shocked and amazed when the guy knows what they are...

I think the guys name was Benny Hinn. However there was another guy who did the same thing. They would get the people to fill out these "prayer cards" and include what they wanted healed. Then the preacher's staff would take the cards back stage. The preacher had a really small ear piece that was a radio reciever and the staff back sage would feed him the info on the cards. He would know the pernson's name and what he wanted fixed. Then they get the poor sap on stage and whamo! Smack him on the head and they fall out as if they were hit by the power of God. I think some of them had electrical shock devices to make the dummies think they were hit by the power of The Lord. They got busted when an investigative reporter got a radio scanner and taped the staff feeding the preacher information. It was pretty funny to see the preacher's face when he got busted.

bleh, this is how i reckon it works

for 90% of the stuff he does its straight up cold reading

the other 10% is a planted audience member, now before you go and say "hah why don't they speak out to the media!", contracts can be a very powerful thing, breaking one could cost a huge amount of money and destroy your career.

exactly!

anyone can go pick up a book and learn how to do exactly what he does! he has no special powers, it is a very easy trick to learn!

try doing a search for "psychic" and "fraud" or "fake" or "learn"

here are a few victim stories here

Edward was a cop.Unusual huh.gif

...but psychic abilites run in his family.

Edited by Babs

Babs I never knew he was a cop, I must of missed that in his books. Anyway, I think that edwards is a lot better than Sylvia Brown. At least J. Edward doesnt always have the answer like S. Brown does. Even if Edward was to be a fake he really couldnt be sued over refunds of tickets etc. He puts a disclaimer in all of his readings, saying something about how people need to have an open mind and remain a bit skeptical. If you dont like him simply dont watch his show or see a reading, no one is forcing you to. I personally like Edward if nothing more for the entertainment. Oh, one last rant. John Edward is the proclaimed medium, John Edwards is a presidential candidate, its really not that hard to remember and keep straight.

Babs I never knew he was a cop, I must of missed that in his books. Anyway, I think that edwards is a lot better than Sylvia Brown. At least J. Edward doesnt always have the answer like S. Brown does. Even if Edward was to be a fake he really couldnt be sued over refunds of tickets etc. He puts a disclaimer in all of his readings, saying something about how people need to have an open mind and remain a bit skeptical. If you dont like him simply dont watch his show or see a reading, no one is forcing you to. I personally like Edward if nothing more for the entertainment. Oh, one last rant. John Edward is the proclaimed medium, John Edwards is a presidential candidate, its really not that hard to remember and keep straight.

Edwards/Edward who really cares the only real difference between those two frauds is an "S" at the end of the last name....

Babs I never knew he was a cop, I must have missed that in his books.

I didn't read his books...I went to see him at one of his shows when he came to my part of the country.He told us that he had been a cop.I have a few policemen and women friends and to be quite frank with you , he looks like a cop, talks like a cop, laugh.gif he is a cop! original.gif He has that hard-boiled persona, but is quite likable.It was an exciting show; there was electricity in the air.

Edited by Babs

I was a cop for a few years but got out of it to get into other types of public service. I dont know about the cop mentality everyone talks about, my wife says I still have it after a year of being off the force. Anyway I do know J Edward's father was a cop.

Yes, I think Edward said he and his father just sort of 'put up' with the rest of the family grin2.gif ... with all their 'psychic stuff'. original.gif His father was a sort of 'down to earth', 'salt of the earth' type, and just let his wife and her family do their thing. Edward and his dad weren't into it, at least Edward wasn't into it until later.

Edward said that he sort of laughed it all off for years growing up watching his mother and aunt, until one day he realized that he had the gift too..."that it was for real".He had had an experience that altered his life and his views and outlook on the paranormal.

Was that the same experience that made his voice a bit higher and opened up all those sealed effeminent actions and gestures as well? tongue.gif

And as a former cop shouldn't he bea aware of the fines of defrauding people? grin2.gif

Listen all that have ears,do not belive this man or any other, he is in leage with demons, he is one of the humans who have joined the Devil,haha, they get demons to follow them and tell them about things and stuff,NOTE:next time you see the show notice the pentagrame poorly hiden, wich is in the center of the floor, with love,God blees you,AMEN.

Curious...what makes you think he is a fraud? And, if he is defrauding people, how would you prove it?

Oh babs ,i did not say fruad, he is a demonworshiper, most of them do get demonic powers, again look at his studio set, look at the ground,lol. take care. devil.gif

I was asking thepsychoticseaotter the questions about fraud,Spartan. original.gif

laugh.gif I don't know about the effeminate gestures, but on his tv show I imagine he has to be as presentable as he can be and I think he is just trying to be nice. original.gif At his live showing in my part of town you saw the more likeable hard-boiled cop- side. grin2.gif

The live show was very different from the tv show; it was exciting.They had 3 big tv screens going at once, with him talking on them...one was of the tv show, itself.Then you had throngs of people...bodyguards everywhere.These guys were in suits and looked like the Cosa Nostra (or cops).I figure cops...because he is from a cop family.I think his brother is a cop...not sure...don't remember.Anyway these were the kind of guys you don't mess with. cool.gif They filtered through the audience...they were there in case trouble broke out.John tells people things that can cause families to get irate. whistling2.gif You know, a pregnacy no one knew about or a dead lover... w00t.gif

Anyway, I'm sure Edward got together with his lawyers to smooth out all the legalities, when he first began, so as to avoid trouble.Those bodyguards are there, too, so that Edward doesn't get physically hurt.

Anyway...how would you prove that he is defrauding people?

Edited by Babs

Im sorry Babs, huh.gif

You see you can not prove he is a fruad becouse there dealing with the magic powers given to them by the 1/3rd who have fallen(or Aliens for others hahaha whistling2.gif ) now how can you prove all that hahah blink.gif

But take hart ,many people dont belive those types ,for one reson or another, thumbsup.gif

Take care devil.gif

might wanna have a look here

also, altho i have not seen this guy's show, nor do i have access to it, but for someone who does, i'm positive this guy has some sort of disclaimer on it, could someone please advise us to what exactly it says... i'm sure it will be alone the lines of.. "for entertainment only"

I was on the John Edward show. He even had a multiple guess "hit" on me that was featured on the show. However, it was edited so that my answer to another question was edited in after one of his questions. In other words, his question and my answer were deliberately mismatched. Only a fraction of what went on in the studio was actually seen in the final 30 minute show. He was wrong about a lot and was very aggressive when somebody failed to acknowledge something he said.

Also, his "production assistants" were always around while we waited to get into the studio. They told us to keep very quiet, and they overheard a lot. I think that the whole place is bugged somehow. Also, once in the studio we had to wait around for almost two hours before the show began. Throughout that time everybody was talking about what dead relative of theirs might pop up.

Remember that all this occurred under microphones and with cameras already set up. My guess is that he was backstage listening and looking at us all and noting certain readings. When he finally appeared, he looked at the audience as if he were trying to spot people he recognized.

He also had ringers in the audience. I can tell because about fifteen people arrived in a chartered van, and once inside they did not sit together.

Edited by Nethius

Cold readings and audience plants....every wannabe fortune teller Psychic and low rate magician uses the techniques. Hell you can even find them on a google search. I've seen it a million times.

Nethius...

Reading your link....ballroom dancer grin2.gif I didn't know that.Why is it that I remember New York cop? huh.gif

Very interesting read; an eye-opener.Yes, I have to say Edward does do this cold reading thing and he does get upset if someone can't follow him.He'll stay on it for 15 minutes and come back to that person, too.He even asked this one gal to call home, on her cell phone, in front of the audience, to ask a relative for confirmation.

Spartan...

Obviously, there is no way to prove or disprove what he says or he would have been long gone by now.I guess he depends on believers.

You say there is a pentagram on the floor of the studio?

Caught Edward on tv today laugh.gif He does have effeminate gestures.

The only gift Edward has is the Gift of the Gab.

He can sure talk alot for a guy with such a small mouth

user posted image