Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

believe a dream?

questionslost

Sometimes I just "know"something will happen, (usually very trivial, like a poker hand I get delt). sometimes I dream stuff... not like scenario flashes, but more interprety..

1) 3 years a landslide in a ski resort: I kept having dreams of going to a park I've never been to with family, running ahead, scrambling over some rock stairs, and then finding myself lost at a graveyard. Then the dreams stopped. I thought nothing of it, until I ran into a picture online of the exact park and rock stairs I'd scrambled over, which were at the ski resort.

2) I dreamt I met this guy and he was a fantastic boy friend, but it was clear in the dream that it was not a forever thing. a couple of months later, the guy from my dream transferred in, and I meet him in simlar circumstances as the dream, but ignored it (chose not to see him).

2) My dilemma: I'm worried about jinxing it, but ..I need help... I've had this dream twice where I'm in a classroom with people, and there is a "teacher" who felt like an angel. The teacher says "we'll do an exercise where everyone says the name of the person who they're fated to be with". I desperately don't want my turn to come up because I'm scared of getting married (really). I tell the teacher this is a pointless, bogus exercise, and she says i have to do it. I go to say Michael, but instead blurt out a really strange name i've never heard of before. i'm thinking "who the hell is xxxx? this is rubbish,what kinda of name is that? the closest thing it was to a normal name was great dane". I thought it was just a normal dream, and couldn't remember the name I blurted out. Just that it was almost spelt like Dane. 2 months later my best friend has a new boyfriend, and mentions that she wants me to meet her bf's best friend. then she mentions his name. I'm 100% sure its the name I blurted in my dream. I really didn't want to meet him in the freak chance the dream might be real. I'm a commitment phobe, and am not ready to meet the guy I might end up with. I went to coffee to meet her new boyfriend yesterday, and the bf wasn't coming, so I felt ok. Then her boyfriend's bf's plans changed and he joined us. I met him yesterday... We were talking about something we both happened to really like and 5x we started off the whole sentence at the same time, with exactly the same words.. like we could almost tell what the other was thinking..he is really handsome, and a really nice guy....

This can't be real right? he can't be "the one".. its just a dream.... when on earth does this type of thing happen? And if the dream is real... what if i'm meant to end up with him when i'm 40 or 80 or after another marriage or something... or what if it has to be now and I have to "go for it"?? i'm scare i'm jinxing it by telling, .. I know this sounds crazy and a little absurd. WHAT DO I DO?!!!!!!!!!

Edited by questionslost

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Believe It Now

• questionslost

• eight bits

• LostInThought

It seems like you only have these dreams once in a while. There are many types of dreams that you could have. It seems like you had a literal dream, but try to think of symbols that may be in the background of the dream. Do these mean anything to you? There could be messages in the dream that you have to look out for that would answer some of your questions. If you have this dream again try to write down as many keywords and symbols as you can as soon as you wake up. Try to dig deeper into the dream when you interpret it and see what you find. There may be more to the dream

I would advise you to keep your dreams in mind but do not act solely on them.

the coincidence is weird because you say it is not a common name. that makes it less likely then if the name was something like Michael or John but keep in mind it could still be a coincidence.

the one thing i connected with you is your fear of commitments. i know first hand it is hard to get over this. If you want, use your dream as a reason to go against your gut instinct to be afraid of commitment and give it a try. take it slow. dont be in a rush to jump into things.

check your PMs.

Edited by Believe It Now

Welcome aboard, q.

Q, who's Michael (whose name you were, at first, going to give in answer to the teacher's question)?

{ Edited to reflect resolution of a factual question with BIN }

Edited by eight bits

no, i think i am the one who misread it now that i have read it again. i edited my first post accordingly.

Edited by Believe It Now

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome! sooo sorry about the slow replies!

Thanks for all the advice/tips/ideas. It really has helped a lot. Writing the dreams down helps bring up the detail a lot! I don't think this dream is like the others. I think I was just surprised by the coincidence. It didn't develop when it repeated which a lot of the others did and .. its too literal. So i'm just going to take it as my mind telling me to not be afraid to be a little vulnerable, and to get out there and not freak out about commitmment.... I got to meet the guy who's name I blurted in my dream a bit better. He's really nice. but not for me...

about Michael... hmm this is going to sound corny, but heck. he is the most gorgeus, amazing guy I've met. I never considered settling down. but I met him and found myself considering it. He could make my day with just a smile. Unfortunately we happen to have horrible timing/ miscommunication. i.e He went to ask me out, but a friend had a crush on me and told him to lay off.... then I got offered an excellent job in another state.. and so moved thinking nothing was ever going to happen... then something did. Then I lost my phone... and hence communication...So just wishful dreaming I suppose hehe..

Just curious.. has anyone had dreams that come true? Because I've heard of people having things like premonitions while they are awake, that happen.. but not really dreams.. I don't know if its possible or just simply coincidence..

Thanks for the welcome! sooo sorry about the slow replies!

Thanks for all the advice/tips/ideas. It really has helped a lot. Writing the dreams down helps bring up the detail a lot! I don't think this dream is like the others. I think I was just surprised by the coincidence. It didn't develop when it repeated which a lot of the others did and .. its too literal. So i'm just going to take it as my mind telling me to not be afraid to be a little vulnerable, and to get out there and not freak out about commitmment.... I got to meet the guy who's name I blurted in my dream a bit better. He's really nice. but not for me...

about Michael... hmm this is going to sound corny, but heck. he is the most gorgeus, amazing guy I've met. I never considered settling down. but I met him and found myself considering it. He could make my day with just a smile. Unfortunately we happen to have horrible timing/ miscommunication. i.e He went to ask me out, but a friend had a crush on me and told him to lay off.... then I got offered an excellent job in another state.. and so moved thinking nothing was ever going to happen... then something did. Then I lost my phone... and hence communication...So just wishful dreaming I suppose hehe..

Just curious.. has anyone had dreams that come true? Because I've heard of people having things like premonitions while they are awake, that happen.. but not really dreams.. I don't know if its possible or just simply coincidence..

Maybe you were going to say Michael because he is the man that you have had the biggest crush on. So wishful thinking would make you say Michael..but since it is false, apparently you trying to say one thing but actually saying another probobly means that you will never end up with Michael as far as a serious relationship goes.

I would check out this other guy. You will know after a couple of dates if you like him in that way or not and it is worth a shot. Some people go their whole lives never meeting their true love, or they ignore all the signs because they are scared and then one day down the road when they are ready it is too late because someone else is with their true love. I wouldn't pass up this sign if I were you. Investigate.

Also, sometimes dreams might predict the future and sometimes they may not. There might be similarities in something and you just feel that because of those similarities it must be your dream coming true. But this is not always the case. Just keep that in mind as well.

For some time now, I have realized that these kind of dreams, at least for me, are messages that I should pay attention too.

Dreams come from our subconscious and the subconscious is much much more aware than any of us could ever be of the underlying realities in all our relationships.

Your subconscious will support your conscious preferences and reality perceptions. These dreams are designed to aleart you to potentials that you would not normally be conscious of. I would not be concerned with adversly altering outcome potentials. The divine aspects of yourself are very good at planning for those kind of things.

What I would like to encourage is a stronger appreciation for the heads-up you are receiving from within. Be greatful for them and they will continue to come to you. Once you wish not to have them they will stop and the potential advantages you would be able to develope will not materilaize. You are the master, with your wishes, as to how this will unfold for you.

John