Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] X-Files Movie : I Want to Believe

Stormcrow

I'm a HUGE X-Files fan!!! I believe the new movie is about the disappearance of Mulder's Sister??? I think they bring in characters related to that incident.

But that would involve aliens, and they've already said that they're not covering the plotline's original mythology in this movie. It's going to be more of the monster-of-the-week movie, from what I've read.

they've already done werewolves havnt they?

im sure ive seen an episode where this native american guy keeps turnin into a werewolf

Not that I know of. If they have, link me to the episode. o_o I would eat it up. :lol:

Dunno, but it doesn't sound familiar. D:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Funky Poacher

• Agent. Mulder

• Marcus Aurelius

But that would involve aliens, and they've already said that they're not covering the plotline's original mythology in this movie. It's going to be more of the monster-of-the-week movie, from what I've read.

Not that I know of. If they have, link me to the episode. o_o I would eat it up. :lol:

Dunno, but it doesn't sound familiar. D:

Not sure but wasn't the native american a 'shape shifter'? not neccesarily a werewolf

I think that the Native American episode was geared more toward skin walkers? Or am I still confused? xD

Anyway! I was watching TV Guide last night where they unveiled some new movies of the summer, and the X-Files was one of them. They showed a few unseen clips, that weren't in the trailer, and I'm not sure about one clip they showed. It was a montage of movies, and there was a a millisecond clip that showed a very snowy, dark background with a large white creature standing over someone. It looked very yeti like, but I couldn't tell what movie it was supposed to go with. But, right after that clip, there was another of Mulder and Scully standing side by side, so I'm not sure if it was supposed to be with the X-Files or not. They also said that they didn't know if the movie was going to be more mythological, or monster-of-the-week... I'm sure it's the latter, because if I'm remembering right, Chris Charter already said himself that they weren't working with aliens this time?

they've already done werewolves havnt they?

im sure ive seen an episode where this native american guy keeps turnin into a werewolf

yeop. season 1 they did.

just so you and ebonykrow know. took place out on some native american reserve thingy. it was a werewolf. with the whole hollywood touch or w/e. if you get bit by one, you become one as well. it wasnt a bad episode

Not sure but wasn't the native american a 'shape shifter'? not neccesarily a werewolf

meh, more so werewolf style. full moon changing. passing it onto someone else from attacking them.

also, Super stoked for the new movie

yeop. season 1 they did.

just so you and ebonykrow know. took place out on some native american reserve thingy. it was a werewolf. with the whole hollywood touch or w/e. if you get bit by one, you become one as well. it wasnt a bad episode

Ahhh, okay. That's probably why I didn't know. :lol: I haven't seen all of the first season episodes--got them all on DVD, I'm just to lazy to watch them all... oh, lol.

What was it called?

Ahhh, okay. That's probably why I didn't know. :lol: I haven't seen all of the first season episodes--got them all on DVD, I'm just to lazy to watch them all... oh, lol.

What was it called?

its called 'shapes'

its an ok episode i guess.

sorry for going offtopic here but.......

whats your favorite monster from the monster of the week episodes

mine is that guy called tooms who could stretch and change the size and shape of his body and he used it to get into peples houses and he hibernated for like 10 years at a time then came out to eat a bunch of peoples livers , the episodes he was in rocked!

Edited by Elite

mine is that guy called tooms who could stretch and change the size and shape of his body and he used it to get into peples houses and he hibernated for like 10 years at a time then came out to eat a bunch of peoples livers , the episodes he was in rocked!

Eugene Tooms was actually in two episodes. He was the first (and I think 'only') MOTW baddie to get a sequel episode.

Don't know if any of you would be interested in this, but there's an X-Files trivia site opened to commemorate the new movie. On the site you can either challenge yourself or challenge someone who's already logged on. I quite enjoyed it, but the only problem was that the server kept crashing. Still, you guys might have more luck. Here's the link

Clicky

Personally I can't wait for this to hit the screens. I've been waiting years for this to come out and now that it's finally here, I'm stoked.

Edited by seffy

yeah, he was in season one, i remember that episode. then they put him in another one later on if im not mistaken.

but yeah, it was like 30 years or something hed hibernate, then choose his prey, hunt them down, and kill them. but my fav 'monster'? thats a toughy. cause i was a huge fan of bad blood (the vamp one) dreamland 1&2 (the two parter where mulder swicthes bodies with the area 51 guy) and jose chungs from outer space (where hes writing the novel on the 'ufo' 'alien' encounter they had in small town, that they agents were studying). the more comedic ones.

i give up, too hard to choose a fav Monster from the show lol

its called 'shapes'

its an ok episode i guess.

It was pretty good, just watched it. :D It makes me feel that much worse for Native American reservations though. D: I think they're absolute crap. Good episode though, I wish we could have seen more of the werewolf. There are parts though, that remind me of the suit that was used in the hoaxed image.

linked-image

[rant] Not derailing, I just want to voice my opinions on something that that episode brought up. I mean, if we can take someone's land away and throw those people on some other plot of small, useless land, I'll go rob my neighbors of their property and it'll all be okay. ;D I mean, who really cares, they can be relocated, no problem! My family needs to expand, they can give up their little brick house and go find a trailer somewhere. My family needs it more. [/end rant]

yeah, he was in season one, i remember that episode. then they put him in another one later on if im not mistaken.

but yeah, it was like 30 years or something hed hibernate, then choose his prey, hunt them down, and kill them. but my fav 'monster'? thats a toughy. cause i was a huge fan of bad blood (the vamp one) dreamland 1&2 (the two parter where mulder swicthes bodies with the area 51 guy) and jose chungs from outer space (where hes writing the novel on the 'ufo' 'alien' encounter they had in small town, that they agents were studying). the more comedic ones.

i give up, too hard to choose a fav Monster from the show lol

I was going to say the same thing! :lol: My favorite is most definitely Bad Blood, I laugh so hard whenever I watch it... Dreamland too. It's so hard to pick a favorite. D: Oh, and there's Triangle, and War of the Coprophages... AHH. It's so hard to choose! Probably, really, any episode between seasons three and six... Detour was also good. ACK. I don't know. :rofl: It really is a hard choice. But I can say for sure my favorites are the episodes that include a considerable amount of humour. (Post Modern Prometheus was pretty kick-***. I'll stop now.)

It was pretty good, just watched it. :D It makes me feel that much worse for Native American reservations though. D: I think they're absolute crap. Good episode though, I wish we could have seen more of the werewolf. There are parts though, that remind me of the suit that was used in the hoaxed image.

linked-image

[rant] Not derailing, I just want to voice my opinions on something that that episode brought up. I mean, if we can take someone's land away and throw those people on some other plot of small, useless land, I'll go rob my neighbors of their property and it'll all be okay. ;D I mean, who really cares, they can be relocated, no problem! My family needs to expand, they can give up their little brick house and go find a trailer somewhere. My family needs it more. [/end rant]

I was going to say the same thing! :lol: My favorite is most definitely Bad Blood, I laugh so hard whenever I watch it... Dreamland too. It's so hard to pick a favorite. D: Oh, and there's Triangle, and War of the Coprophages... AHH. It's so hard to choose! Probably, really, any episode between seasons three and six... Detour was also good. ACK. I don't know. :rofl: It really is a hard choice. But I can say for sure my favorites are the episodes that include a considerable amount of humour. (Post Modern Prometheus was pretty kick-***. I'll stop now.)

yeah! detour use to scare me, really. just seenig those red eyes. its not a huge deal when theyre in the woods, but then when they come to the house...i found myself slowly walking, then Running upstairs to dive into my room haha and aracdia, where they move into that weird neighbourhood with the tulpa. killing the 'different' residents not following code/protocal.

but for more serious ones, i loved tempus fugit and max. the 2 parter. but then more relaxed ones like quagmire! with the sea serpent, big blue. oh and hollywood a.d. was awsome. i think duchovny directed that one.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

yeah! detour use to scare me, really. just seenig those red eyes. its not a huge deal when theyre in the woods, but then when they come to the house...i found myself slowly walking, then Running upstairs to dive into my room haha and aracdia, where they move into that weird neighbourhood with the tulpa. killing the 'different' residents not following code/protocal.

but for more serious ones, i loved tempus fugit and max. the 2 parter. but then more relaxed ones like quagmire! with the sea serpent, big blue. oh and hollywood a.d. was awsome. i think duchovny directed that one.

The first time I saw Detour, it scared me. But when Mulder went into shock, and Scully had to sing to him, that ruined all of the horror for me, rofl. I think that's one of the reasons it's my favorite, the whole bit where Scully just has to sing to Mulder. xD

OH! Arcadia was another good one. "Make me a sammach woman!" Loved it. It was also one of the episodes that actually had me guessing as to what was going on because I couldn't figure it out in the beginning. :lol:

I don't really remember Hollywood AD, but it sounds familiar... is it that one or Unusual Suspects where Scully gets drugged? Another priceless moment...

(And the Unnatural! That was a great episode. I could quote it all day... Used to, in fact. Running around the house screaming, "It's non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicle!" And, "Our parents weren't exactly big in the imagination department when it came to names. If it'll help you wrapping your little head around this stupefying mystery, Agent Mulder.. We have a sister named Arthur too. And a goldfish." It's a good episode for quotes. xD)

The first time I saw Detour, it scared me. But when Mulder went into shock, and Scully had to sing to him, that ruined all of the horror for me, rofl. I think that's one of the reasons it's my favorite, the whole bit where Scully just has to sing to Mulder. xD

OH! Arcadia was another good one. "Make me a sammach woman!" Loved it. It was also one of the episodes that actually had me guessing as to what was going on because I couldn't figure it out in the beginning. :lol:

I don't really remember Hollywood AD, but it sounds familiar... is it that one or Unusual Suspects where Scully gets drugged? Another priceless moment...

(And the Unnatural! That was a great episode. I could quote it all day... Used to, in fact. Running around the house screaming, "It's non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicle!" And, "Our parents weren't exactly big in the imagination department when it came to names. If it'll help you wrapping your little head around this stupefying mystery, Agent Mulder.. We have a sister named Arthur too. And a goldfish." It's a good episode for quotes. xD)

haha, yeah i remember that one too. and hollywood a.d. is like a more comedic one. where that one hollywood agent/writer/director follows around mulder and scully to make a move 'loosely' based off their characters. when skinners called 'the skin man' by his old buddy. Such a good episode though.

Remember the "Cops" episode, that was funny! My fav monster was when they visited the freak show, and there was this guy with a hidden "monster" in his stomache/abdomen that got away. & I can't wait for the new movie to come out, I will see it as soon as it does.

Edited by ~TheArtOfContact~

What about it being the one they have never caught? "Nice working with you" ?

The snake demoness teacher, the plastic surgeon, whoever it was sending the messages on LCDs telling people to kill?

I just know that Gillian Anderson still looks really, really good nowadays!

:devil:

Remember the "Cops" episode, that was funny! My fav monster was when they visited the freak show, and there was this guy with a hidden "monster" in his stomache/abdomen that got away. & I can't wait for the new movie to come out, I will see it as soon as it does.

yeah true! tha cops was was awsome. ok, that Could be my fav monster. living off people fears, and changing into something that they fear when it attacks. and humbug was that side show one, it was pretty good too. i liked it.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the episode where Mulder and Scully were in those caves with the yellow goo that made them hallucinate :P I don't really remember it because it's been YEARS since I saw it, but I remember parts of it very distinctly.

Also, I love all the LGM episodes. Recently downloaded their entire show... any other fans of the Lone Gunmen? Any fave episodes they were in on XFiles?

Oh, and here's a little story :P It's the 15th now, my birthday. A few years ago I saw the episode Closure (a re-run, obviously), which is of course the extremely touching episode where Mulder finally finds out what happened to Samantha. At the end, there is a Moby song, and I cried and cried because that scene was done so beautifully. It's not a very good story, but whenever I think of my birthday, I think of huddling in front of my television and watching the end of that episode, and that song, My Weakness. Moby + XFiles = happiness :)

Another one of my fave episodes is All Things, which also has a Moby song, The Sky Is Broken. The music on XFiles was often totally awesome. That episode, Humbug, had Frenzy on it, a really cool song by Screaming Jay Hawkings.

I liked the episode where Mulder and Scully were in those caves with the yellow goo that made them hallucinate :P I don't really remember it because it's been YEARS since I saw it, but I remember parts of it very distinctly.

Also, I love all the LGM episodes. Recently downloaded their entire show... any other fans of the Lone Gunmen? Any fave episodes they were in on XFiles?

Oh, and here's a little story :P It's the 15th now, my birthday. A few years ago I saw the episode Closure (a re-run, obviously), which is of course the extremely touching episode where Mulder finally finds out what happened to Samantha. At the end, there is a Moby song, and I cried and cried because that scene was done so beautifully. It's not a very good story, but whenever I think of my birthday, I think of huddling in front of my television and watching the end of that episode, and that song, My Weakness. Moby + XFiles = happiness :)

Another one of my fave episodes is All Things, which also has a Moby song, The Sky Is Broken. The music on XFiles was often totally awesome. That episode, Humbug, had Frenzy on it, a really cool song by Screaming Jay Hawkings.

that episode was Really awsome. although, it can only be watched Once in my opinion. because theres all this weird stuff happening, and youre not sure if its from the fungus stuff or not. you cant tell whats a dream and whats reality, so its Really exciting to watch. but then, the next time you watch it, its not a surprise anymore. BUT, the One time ive watched that episode, it was really well done.

Yeah, I've only seen it the once, but I would love to see it again. I liked X-Files as a child when all the episiodes were coming out for the first time, but I was too young and my parents wouldn't allow me to stay up late. So I've probably seen collectively 1/4 of the entire show :( However, I have see the Cops ep everyone was talking about (and it frightened me quite a bit). In general, I think season 7 was one of the best seasons, but then again, it's the only reason I've really seen most of. A lot of fun eps.

I agree completley, season seven was definitely one of the best. :D

When I was little I sort of watched the X Files. I remember the VERY first time I saw it. XD It was in like season three or four, and my dad had finished watching the Fox news so he left the TV on as the X Files was starting. I was running through the kitchen, and stopped to look at the screen, as Scully was doing an autopsy on an alien. It scared me. To. DEATH. :rofl: I almost remember crying a little over it. But as season eight and nine were coming up I actually watched the new episodes and re-runs on SciFi after school. Then my mom bought me the DVD sets for my birthday, and I only need... seven and eight? I think those are the onlyones I'm lacking.

There's a few good sites out there with free TV shows on them if you want to catch back up on it. 8D

surfthechannel.com has some, but sometimes it loads really slow.

There was another I found just last night, but I don't remember what it was... I'll look for it again and post it when I find it. It loaded a lot faster than SurftheChannel.

Yeah, mininova.com has been mah bestest of friends the last few weeks. As I said, I downloaded Lone Gunmen (Bruce Harwood rocks my socks), as well as Firefly. (I hate Fox. They suck.) I also tried downloadin' season 5 of XF, but I download with a crappy laptop, and I blame my lack of good computerness on the spotty and awful downloads. But thanks for those sites!! I really want to see Unusual Suspects, which did not download properly, so I'm going to scower the internet for episodes. And surfthechannel.com loads toooooooo slowly for my laptop... but thanks anywho.

• 2 weeks later...

okay X-files movie it sucked. Im a big X-files fan but that well it sucked. It was very weird but not the X-files weird it was just weird.

first of all does anyone out there still call the partner or loved one by the last name. Okay Mulder and Scully have obviously been "together" for a while, but still don't call each other by their first names .

second of all for people who have watched the series and stuff there's no real explilation of lik ewhat happened after season 9 but yeah I understand they were trying to make the movie marketable to those who never watched the show.

Third Skinman (Skinner) is like in there for like 3 minutes or so he is my favorite character. He is the reason I kept watching the show oh I miss him .....

Also I was told there would be a "scene" between Mulder and scully all they did was kiss lol I wanted to see davids ***

But yeah i didnt like the movie I only just saw it last night so may be I need to sit on it awhile but yeah not to great

... :D Tomorrow.