Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experimenting

Pluto-x

What was so negative about being picky with the teams you work with? I insist you stop looking TOO MUCH into things and look at the bigger picture. A lot of groups have DIFFERENT methods, different way of thinking and no matter what they will clash. Maybe in a professional type of manner but still, they won't seem to agree so they won't be able to agree or help each other.

I have worked with several groups in the past and some I vowed I WOULD NEVER work with again based on how they investigated. Very unprofessional.

You MUST be picky with who you work with IF you want to be taken seriously. REGARDLESS of how you forsee any outcome.

I just want to say that i don't believe that i am negative, however i agree wholeheartedly with being picky on who you investigate with, I really believe that it is important to respect the people you work with, regardless if your opinions are exactly the same or not. respect is key.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pluto-x

• NoahJaymes

• LIGhostChick

• Hamlyn

But, maybe it is time to size people up here and pick a PI to work with for the purposes of evaluating what it is I actually do and how accurate it is or not. So far, there's only one or two I'd even consider, after reading their posts over the past year or more.

Ooh, I just had an idea. I know a good way to test part of it :). I'll pm you, Shank, with the idea.

NS

J,

OK got your Pm, sounds good to me, I need to get with CW first.. I already have one case in particular. Can this include people as well? Or do you just prefer the residence?

I might have my back up in the air with you CW because your always questioning my intentions. Your often telling me or forcing your methods onto me and others. I am asking nicely and politely to leave me alone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and there are no laws as to what an investigator should follow. I've always been respectful and professional. Both public and PM. I really wish you would stop questioning my integrity and intentions as if I do wrong by someone with my topics or ideas.

Wow, man, don't you think you're a little bit over the top-- & being extremely (mmmm) pansyfied about this? Give it a rest, and stop taking this so seriously.

J,

OK got your Pm, sounds good to me, I need to get with CW first.. I already have one case in particular. Can this include people as well? Or do you just prefer the residence?

*shrugs* try it. I have no clue how this will work or not. :). If I get anything I'll give it and let the chips fall as they do.

NS

What? Faraday cages? They were used for decades to prevent electronic intelligence leakage from secure military and corporate locations, is how. It is proven technology, though rather primitive. Now, there are other means, but at one time, it was the mainstay for securing electronic data as it prevented any emissions to be picked up even standing outside the closed cage, let alone a mile away, which it could have been without it.

Try googling it. The early ones were rather preposterous compared to technology today, but ... well, they really were like that and really were used.

If one left the door open for access, one could block any spurious emanations from the other unopen directions, and a ghost could theoretically come up to the opening and communicate. If one closed it, I don't know. I guess it would depend on what substance a spirit or entity is actually comprised of. Interesting notion, really.

NS

i meant working for paranormal related?

There is mineral electromagnetism, cosmic electromagnetism and planetary electromagnetism. All swing in all possible directions. There is a discharge or an addition of energy in when someone dies in this Universe. What sort of device are u making?

I know that some of you are right into Ghost Hunting and Investigate professionally, and have the knowledge to create this boxes. I don’t. I have never heard about Franks box, or maybe I did, but being an member here, I have read a lot info on the subject. It is very interesting.

But, I ask: why do you have create such devices, that might not work and only question, to prove that there is Ghosts? I really don’t understand this. It seems that everyone here has the firm Faith, Question and Belief in ghosts.

For myself, I cannot see the tables turning if I hear of an deceased loved one from an box-I will question it. Tho, I did use, or experiment, with an cassette player, and..I have never heard anything unusual, but only coyotes crying like babies in the distance. We had left the cassette player overnight long ago at an graveyard(Summer of 1992).

linked-image

Edited by primordial

i donno bout a firm faith belief in them... i am open to the possibility... most in here are very sceptical.

I'd rather say "selective" than "picky" though I suppose the end result is the same, for all the reasons previously stated.

As far as everyone contributing to the field, I agree with that. But it also must be recognized that not all contributions are positive.

And for trying new equipment or techniques (BTW, running water as a white noise source isn't a new concept; AAEVP has long since documented it) that's fine as long as you can support why you're doing it. IOW, why you believe this piece of equipment or method has potential for being a viable investigation approach. Nothing wrong with general curiosity. But without a plan you're just shooting in the dark and you're idea holds no more merit than anything else.

United Paranormal has been doing fine. Thanks for asking... I have now worked with several LI Groups and we plan on going East Coast with our project. Your more than entitled to disagree with my ideas, but that doesn't mean they are no good. Just because they don't work for you doesn't mean it won't work with others. Its called being optimistic. There's a lot of people who like my ideas and I am well respected by a lot of people in this field. I wouldn't of been invited to speak at the Annual Gettysburg Ghost Conference if I wasn't. I have made friends everywhere I have been. I have made great connections. In the hopes to improve our field. Its called wanting to make an impact. I've been taking baby steps for 11 years and now that I am 31 y/o I feel I want to contribute more and make a difference. There's nothing wrong with that. Personalities in this field will clash. That is certain, but there's also better ways to approach each situation with the utmost professionalism.

Things do get under my skin. Perhaps more so than others. But that's because I put a lot of my heart into what I do. I always share my ideas. I am careful with whom I share them with. You have to earn trust as well as respect by getting to know someone both professionally and personally.

I've networked with over 100 paranormal groups from the East Coast to England and a few in the West. That's because they like my ideas and I have very good people skills.

The only people who have not liked my ideas are people who I have not gotten along with. Which makes perfect sense and normal.

Bragging about all this isnt going to make you sound smarter or better than anyone else. I dont know what you were trying to accomplish by stating all these things you've done or people you've networked with. In order to get respect from people on these boards you have to learn to take criticism & different opinion without taking things to heart. I've said it a million times, no one is going to agree or think alike all the time. I'm sure the majority of paranormal investigators put their whole heart into it but you need to take things with a grain of salt.

Bragging about all this isnt going to make you sound smarter or better than anyone else. I dont know what you were trying to accomplish by stating all these things you've done or people you've networked with. In order to get respect from people on these boards you have to learn to take criticism & different opinion without taking things to heart. I've said it a million times, no one is going to agree or think alike all the time. I'm sure the majority of paranormal investigators put their whole heart into it but you need to take things with a grain of salt.

Well said

re: the Faraday cage

Actually, they do work, but we don't know what frequency or spectrum ghosts operate in. As Nile mentioned, they do work. I even used to work in a big one! But they block RF (radio waves). I'm not sure about microwaves, but certainly they aren't designed to block light waves. It's kind of a shot in the dark. A recorder in a Faraday cage wont pick up signals within a certain spectrum. What if the ghost is IN the cage? What if the cage is 2 feet by 2 feet, and the ghost is right outside the cage? Are you effectively blocking the ghost?

Yep, most of us use Faraday shielding every day. It's in any line-level audio cable.

It's true that no Faraday cage is an ideal hollow conductor, but it's not hard to construct one that effectively prevents any broadcast signal from passing to the interior.

So when you ask, what if the ghost is in the cage, the (hypothetical) answer is, then if it can generate a certain kind of signal, the recorder will pick it up. And if the ghost is outside the cage, then yes, you are effectively blocking (canceling) any signal it generates before it reaches the recording device.

The idea is that we've eliminated broadcast interference as a signal source. So any signals on the recorder must have come from a source inside the cage.

eggumby, you probably understand more about the nuts and bolts than I do. :) It's true that any hollow conductor in practice only approximates an ideal, but do you think that is good enough to eliminate signals from known broadcast sources?

I'm just now finding out what went down here recently.

From my POV, I seen one member offer an opinion, then another member offer his own opinion which disagreed with the first member's. The first member then got angry because he construed the differing opinion as negative when I personally (nor did others) find it to be so. Differing opinions are going to happen. However, the first member seemed to fly off the handle a bit because the two have a history of disagreement. To me, you have to let the past go. And if you don't like a particular person disagreeing with you, fine...but just ignore them or something. Don't report them and get them banned. That's kind of silly.

Now, I'm just going off what I seen on the thread. I don't know if anything else went down. But, to me, it all seems blown out of proportion.

I couldnt agree with you more Jason. People are always going to disagree & not see eye to eye. This field has so many different views & opinions & who's to say who's right or wrong. If you dont see eye to eye with someone or just plain dont get along, ignore them. There's no need to be a little b*tch & get someone banned off the boards just because they disagree. That's like if someone you meet in person doesnt like you & they tell you & you run & tell a cop to arrest them because they dont like you. Grow up & get a clue. Respect isnt given based on how many investigations you've done or who you've met, you have to earn it. Some people are just a disgrace to the field.

*snip*

Edited by Magikman
Removed unnecessary text

I'm just now finding out what went down here recently.

From my POV, I seen one member offer an opinion, then another member offer his own opinion which disagreed with the first member's. The first member then got angry because he construed the differing opinion as negative when I personally (nor did others) find it to be so. Differing opinions are going to happen. However, the first member seemed to fly off the handle a bit because the two have a history of disagreement. To me, you have to let the past go. And if you don't like a particular person disagreeing with you, fine...but just ignore them or something. Don't report them and get them banned. That's kind of silly.

Now, I'm just going off what I seen on the thread. I don't know if anything else went down. But, to me, it all seems blown out of proportion.

AGREE!!!!

Edited by Magikman

What happened to freedom of speech? It's ridiculous how some people have to walk on egg shells because they may "offend" someone. None of the posts that have been on these boards have been personal attacks so there's no need to run & tell "mommy" how someone is picking on you. I'm sick to death of people like that. Grow a pair & deal with things in an adult way. Dont go running behind the mods like a little girl. :angry::blink:

*snip*

Edited by Magikman
Removed unnecessary text

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes with anybody that's being talked about here. I just want to say that I've always been the type that if I have a personal problem with what someone's posting, I'll tend to tell them (sometime tell them off) in the open instead of involving a mod. But I gather that this isn't the way things are run here. I'm told that if you think someone's being inappropriate or disruptive, you are supposed run to the mods, and you aren't supposed to "grow a pair" and handle it yourself!

So I can understand the urge to handle things oneself, but I don't think that's how the management wants to run it here. I can understand where they're coming from, too.

Again, I don't know exactly what's up or what CW needs to be freed from. This is just my take on the way things are done here.

I hope we can get back to discussing experiments. :)

People should be able to discuss topics freely & express their own views & opinions without someone getting mad & reporting them. No one has been inappropriate & attacked anyone. Things are just going a little far with some people. Move on, ignore those you dont get along with & continue to discuss matters of the paranormal.

It just appears that when ever I post an idea, a topic, or an opinion regarding anything about this field I feel singled out by C.W. and by a few others. When you get singled out or it appears to be singled out just because you disagree about things, it tends to get frustrating. I have just as every right on these forums to post topics, ideas, and my opinions. He has slandered me in public as well as my team. I'm not going to just sit here and let someone slander me or my team. Just for the record... I have tried several times to work out my differences with this person ( quite a few times ) like an adult and professionally in PM. I offered to let things go, and forget the past. I stepped up. This person has also gotten too personal with me. I have never gotten personal. I've always stayed on topic and not get too crazy. When it did that's when I sent that person a PM to settle it. Some people just don't listen well to others.

I apologized in public. you can accept it or don't accept it. I stepped up... When it gets personal, I have every right to bring it to the attention to a moderator. Each user represents UM. Which is why they have policies and guidelines.

So let's drop it and get back on the topic. Thank you!

How can one build a Franks box.. :huh:

Edited by primordial

How can one build a Franks box.. :huh:

Good question!!

That's enough, people. Keep the comments and opinions focused on the original topic, discussing irrelevant events or issues is provocative and unproductive. This is not a sounding board for personal observations or how people should deal with conflict. Any other unnecessary remarks will result in further consequences. Thank you for your co-operation.

MM

I suggest not to invest in a Frank Box. Many people have made one and says it does not work. The results & reviews are very negative.

I suggest not to invest in a Frank Box. Many people have made one and says it does not work. The results & reviews are very negative.

Can you please list some sources?

swamp built one i think... he said it was basura.... and there is a forum on franks box we wanna know about other new stuff...