Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

OK TRANSITIONAL LIFE FORMS

danielost

where we were talking about it.

Show me the transitional life forms.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Mattshark

• Copasetic

• Guyver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would like to see some............and not just fragments of a skull... or writting because thats not conclusive in my eyesd.

i would like to see some............and not just fragments of a skull... or writting because thats not conclusive in my eyesd.

Wait... writing is not conclusive in your eyes? what did you believe again? Where do you draw the conclusions you base your way of living from in other words.

Wait... writing is not conclusive in your eyes? what did you believe again? Where do you draw the conclusions you base your way of living from in other words.

thats different! i believe god worked through the authers of the bible to write it. i dont know science can be a bit diseaving at times. plus ive felt the holy spirit inside me and the presence of our Lord. tahst what made me a believer. i used to believe in evolution. thats changed in 1 night

Yes, and if you think about it...... that is kind of what teaching is about.............

The problem with your transitional hominids is that as you go back from one gen. to another they each have a different human aspect. One walked upright but the one before that had a bigger brain and the one before that walked upright and the one before that walked upright and had a bigger brain.

This includes the Neanderthals, they had a bigger brain than we do. but it seems that they died out and so did the their cousins the crow magnums.(sp. ch.)

aparently they didnt die out. they evolved into us.

The problem with your transitional hominids is that as you go back from one gen. to another they each have a different human aspect. One walked upright but the one before that had a bigger brain and the one before that walked upright and the one before that walked upright and had a bigger brain.

This includes the Neanderthals, they had a bigger brain than we do. but it seems that they died out and so did the their cousins the crow magnums.(sp. ch.)

Lol how am I already quoted in this thread?!? With an unrelated comment?

If you are looking at brain/weight ratios - Neanderthals may have been slightly less in that context as they were more heavily muscled, stockier than us.

Can you try and rephrase, I am not quite getting it? are you saying that in evolution there should be a clear directional trend towards these species being more like we are now? Rephrase just a tad :)

thats different! i believe god worked through the authers of the bible to write it. i dont know science can be a bit diseaving at times. plus ive felt the holy spirit inside me and the presence of our Lord. tahst what made me a believer. i used to believe in evolution. thats changed in 1 night

I would like to ask a favor of you. Would you take the time to read the first two posts of the thread im linking here?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...20688&st=75

I think you will then understand that the complexity of our human body and our brian in particular can be decieving. I don't share your view about that science can be decieving in other ways that it can be so because its written and explained by humans..... actually just like your bible if I may add, divine inspiration does not change the fact that it was written and expressed by men. Anyways give it a try, maybe you will see that one nights feeling is peanuts compared to what others deal with.

Take realy good care of yourself.

aparently they didnt die out. they evolved into us.

Nope they didn't we evolved in western Africa when they were dieing out in the middle east and Europe and maybe north America. Yes our paths did cross but it was over for them.

Human evolution is only one aspect of transitional species, they are shown in all forms of life. (I don't know that as a fact, but if not "all forms" then most forms at least) :lol:

I would like to ask a favor of you. Would you take the time to read the first two posts of the thread im linking here?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...20688&st=75

I think you will then understand that the complexity of our human body and our brian in particular can be decieving. I don't share your view about that science can be decieving in other ways that it can be so because its written and explained by humans..... actually just like your bible if I may add, divine inspiration does not change the fact that it was written and expressed by men. Anyways give it a try, maybe you will see that one nights feeling is peanuts compared to what others deal with.

Take realy good care of yourself.

lol well ur entitled to ur beliefs im not up for being convinced that mine is complete crap. i used to think like u but i got Cured :)

If you are looking at brain/weight ratios - Neanderthals may have been slightly less in that context as they were more heavily muscled, stockier than us.

Can you try and rephrase, I am not quite getting it? are you saying that in evolution there should be a clear directional trend towards these species being more like we are now? Rephrase just a tad :)

No I am saying that there is no such thing as a clear cut transitional species to mankind. specially since all of the candidates ended in dead ends.

By the the Neanderthal teenager's brain was the same size as ours. They problem was that they didn't have any imagination. But when you have to ea 6000 calories a day to live you don't have much time to make jewelry do you assuming you have to hunt for most of it.

They may have been stocker but that was because they worked out more than we do. They were also at least a foot shorter than we are.

If you look at a diagram of evolution, you'll notice it branches, and a lot of those branches do end, But they are all still a part of the same "tree". So, just because a species ends, doesn't means its not related to other species.

If you look at a diagram of evolution, you'll notice it branches, and a lot of those branches do end, But they are all still a part of the same "tree". So, just because a species ends, doesn't means its not related to other species.

I have seen those trees and man just doesn't seem to fit into any of the branches. Man just seems to appear in the fossil record over night the same as we are today. Although we may have smaller teeth do to the fact that we eat more cooked thus softer foods.

lol well ur entitled to ur beliefs im not up for being convinced that mine is complete crap. i used to think like u but i got Cured :)

I am sorry you let stubbornness get in the way for something that could have been life changing if you read it with the incredible open mind I saw you brag about in another thread.

You never used to think like me, I read plenty to see you were never close to thinking like me, no offence.

Have an absolute day :)

it doesn't explain my first thought on the day of my birth.

I am sorry you let stubbornness get in the way for something that could have been life changing if you read it with the incredible open mind I saw you brag about in another thread.

You never used to think like me, I read plenty to see you were never close to thinking like me, no offence.

Have an absolute day :)

for your information i did read it. i just dont think it worthy of writting about coz i dont believe it. lol and for your information d******* i never bragged atal lol

Man just seems to appear in the fossil record over night the same as we are today.

Danielost, I find it difficult deciphering what you are trying to say in your posts.

What is your rationale for posting this, because appearing overnight on a geological timescale isn't a concept that is at odds with evolutionary principle.

Your statement means that you would be more willing to subscribe to a more punctualist view of evolution, rather than a gradualist view.

Edited by Cimber

Danielost, I find it difficult deciphering what you are trying to say in your posts.

What is your rationale for posting this, because appearing overnight on a geological timescale isn't a concept that is at odds with evolutionary principle.

Your statement means that you would be more willing to subscribe to a more punctualist view of evolution, rather than a gradualist view.

My point is that of all the animals on the planet. Man doesn't seem to have evolved from another species. All of the fossil records of all of the hominids end at dead ends non of them lead to modern man. True some lead to more than one species but non lead to modern man. As I said we just seem to appear out of no where in western africa about 150,000 years ago.

where we were talking about it.

Show me the transitional life forms.

First I think it maybe important to define what we are talking about here. What is a transitional form or fossil? Or even a missing link for that matter?

To understand this we need to understand a bit about species, more importantly lineages.

All life today and throughout the history of earth can be thought of as a continuation or a branching of a lineage. Species is a concept we use to making talking about organisms easier. Species are not real, it is just a man made concept given name. The point where one species begins in history and another ends is arbitrary, because a species is not a set thing --We think this is so, because our perception of time and our short stay here on earth.

Its best to describe life as a descendant of a lineage. A lineage therefore, is a ancestor and all of his descendants --An unbroken line. In this case though, we are referring to populations as ancestors and populations as the descendants.

I think the easiest way to picture it is to think about the color spectrum.

linked-image

(For the sake of me not having to create a new color bar with a time scale, please imagine time 0 starts on the left hand side and increase going right to the end, which represents present day)

He we can think of the ancestor as one single point (a hue, saturation and value) on the left hand side. The population descendants then are the colors that follow toward the right. Each point is slightly different from the first, Just as in biology each generation's allele frequencies slightly differ from their parent generation.

We apply the term species to a whole grouping of colors, the species red for instance. But in reality each generation is slightly modified from the next, such that we have this slow transition from color to color (what we might collectively lump together as species).

This then means, that each slight change in gradient is a transitional form. Because looking at the past, we can see in every "color generation" slight modification from the previous generation.

This also means that every generation is a transitional form.

The consequence of this is that "transitional forms" as you and other creationists demand is a human construct which only is representative of a snap-shot of evolutionary history --In hindsight as well.

The other consequence of this is that all fossils are transitional, as they are representative of only that generation of organisms.

For example, were I to find a fossil of the RGB value FF3030 which corresponds to the color:

linked-image

then I know (with the completeness of this color spectrum) that it is transitional. A transition between the populations FF3029 and FF3031. Granted the 3 populations may look nearly identical to the naked eye, but at the populations genomic level they differ.

So you ask to see a transitional fossil? Head to your nearest limestone quarry and spend some time looking at the stones --All of those fossils encapsulated for time immemorial are your evidence.

Let's talk for a moment of missing links and why this is such a poor concept.

Often growing up we were taught science is "searching for the missing link". One day well find it and piece all of our evolutionary history together. This is a lie, one created by media and high school science teachers who seemed to lack and interest in teaching real science.

Missing link implies evolution is a large step process. Going back to the color bar, we might say the missing link between the "red and green species". But, if we find a representative of that "yellow species" what have we done? We have opened the door for the need to find two more missing links, one on either side of the representative yellow species.

Whats worse, is the concept implies that our color evolutionary history went from red to yellow to green. What we have done is gloss over the thousands of slightly different hues that occur in between them.

I will have to come back and continue tomorrow as it is rather late and I am in much need of sleep!

-Copasetic

for your information i did read it. i just dont think it worthy of writting about coz i dont believe it. lol and for your information d******* i never bragged atal lol

Not worth writing about? LOL

This is too silly, from the few posts I read from you I recon your jesus would like a word with you anyways when the time comes. :rolleyes: but enough of this, I won't waste more time.

Edited by Condescending

Not worthy of writing about? LOL

This is too silly, from the few posts I read from you I recond your jesus would like a word with you anyways when the time comes. :rolleyes: but enough of this, I won't waste more time.

no i just dont like talking to people who talk to me like im worthless lol! thats exactly what ur doing. so dont talk to me anymore you not even worth my time

all you had to say was seal or sea lion. Those are land animals becoming sea animals. Man I have to agree your side of the agrument too.

Edited by danielost