Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

OK TRANSITIONAL LIFE FORMS

danielost

I was referring to the success compared to other extant species. Those lower animals are the most successful animals around. There are more beetles than any other animal.

They have a job to do to help break down you and me and those elephants.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Mattshark

• Copasetic

• Guyver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have a job to do to help break down you and me and those elephants.

Well some eat telegraph poles, some are hunters, some eat plant material. They cover a lot of niches.

Well some eat telegraph poles, some are hunters, some eat plant material. They cover a lot of niches.

I was making a point

Does that go with the mormon belief that darker skin = lineage of sin?

I'm going to let Mattshark or Cimber do the honors on this one because I'm no geneticist.

The LDS (i.e. Mormon) belief on the color of skin as a mark given Cain for sin did not include all Blacks. LDS believe in microevolution without complaint, some of us even embrace macroevolution. Personally I believe all "miracles" could be explained away using natural science. This does not change whether there was a guiding force behind the natural phenomena or not, such is merely a philosophical debate and not a scientific one. God is not necessary in a scientific paradigm, God is not necessarily nonexistent in a scientific paradigm. Science does not approach the topic of God aside from a statement that there is no evidence of a deity's existence.

The LDS (i.e. Mormon) belief on the color of skin as a mark given Cain for sin did not include all Blacks. LDS believe in microevolution without complaint, some of us even embrace macroevolution. Personally I believe all "miracles" could be explained away using natural science. This does not change whether there was a guiding force behind the natural phenomena or not, such is merely a philosophical debate and not a scientific one. God is not necessary in a scientific paradigm, God is not necessarily nonexistent in a scientific paradigm. Science does not approach the topic of God aside from a statement that there is no evidence of a deity's existence.

Oh, I understand that the CLDS has re-evaluated the racial stance. That was more a little poke at danielost for his comments about skin color with regards to evolution. I actually don't mind the CLDS, for the most part.

With regards to the bold, good point, good point.

Oh, I understand that the CLDS has re-evaluated the racial stance. That was more a little poke at danielost for his comments about skin color with regards to evolution. I actually don't mind the CLDS, for the most part.

With regards to the bold, good point, good point.

Re-evaluation is incorrect, general understanding on the concept was, and often is, not in line with the actual belief. Many still hold an incorrect view of, and many don't even know, what has been said on the subject by LDS authorities.

Yes, Daniel is not always very eloquent, but he means well.

Just as Christians in the past had to eventually admit that the world is round so too will they eventually have to admit that evolution is as much a fact as gravity.

Its simple you are transitional life forms all life is transitional because evolution doesn't stop.

Re-evaluation is incorrect, general understanding on the concept was, and often is, not in line with the actual belief. Many still hold an incorrect view of, and many don't even know, what has been said on the subject by LDS authorities.

I try but I am not very good with words or debates. Never took it in school.

I try but I am not very good with words or debates. Never took it in school.

Its alright, you get your point across. Occasionally you're a little ambiguous, but most of the time I get where you're coming from.

Bee Eff is correct. I need to make this more clear.

The dark skinned people may have carried the curse of caine on them. But each and ever person is responsible for their own sins and not what their fathers did before them. Thanks to Christ.

Bee Eff is correct. I need to make this more clear.

The dark skinned people may have carried the curse of caine on them. But each and ever person is responsible for their own sins and not what their fathers did before them. Thanks to Christ.

thats pretty racist if you ask me I have dark skin so you are calling me cursed, and I thought before you excepted evolution now your just a full grown creationist imbecile, how dumb can you be Im younger then you are and I dont except nonsense fairytales like you do. Open your eyes to reality. The world is not the one of the bible and It never will be. End of story and I know with 100% truth that the Bible is a load of BS, and If you were smart you would see it too.

thats pretty racist if you ask me I have dark skin so you are calling me cursed, and I thought before you excepted evolution now your just a full grown creationist imbecile, how dumb can you be Im younger then you are and I dont except nonsense fairytales like you do. Open your eyes to reality. The world is not the one of the bible and It never will be. End of story and I know with 100% truth that the Bible is a load of BS, and If you were smart you would see it too.

I will say it again of all the people living in the same lattitude or north of it only one small group has light skin.

I am not a racist by the way. I do not believe in the so called 9 races on this planet. I only believe in one race, The human race.

As for being racist the person I wanted to run for president was miss rice.

Edited by danielost

I will say it again of all the people living in the same lattitude or north of it only one small group has light skin.

I am not a racist by the way. I do not believe in the so called 9 races on this planet. I only believe in one race, The human race.

As for being racist the person I wanted to run for president was miss rice.

It is dependent on many factors and though Daniel. But there is no denying that on average there further away from the equator you go the lighter skin colour becomes. You have an over simplification there.

That is an evil choice there Dan.

It is dependent on many factors and though Daniel. But there is no denying that on average there further away from the equator you go the lighter skin colour becomes. You have an over simplification there.

That is an evil choice there Dan.

I am just going by what science says

I am just going by what science says

But you are not taking into account other factors that are important as I said. You have a huge over simplification.

Not really. For a start it is a fact that cetaceans have been around a lot longer than humans.

How the hell is a Sponge modelled after a human anyway?

Like this!!!

post-52682-1213587140.jpg

Its simple you are transitional life forms all life is transitional because evolution doesn't stop.

"Right on". Thats the most short but sweet quote Ive heard today.

Thats cool.

Thanx Sir DanieL. :)

Edited by xCrimsonx

Lol how am I already quoted in this thread?!? With an unrelated comment?

If you are looking at brain/weight ratios - Neanderthals may have been slightly less in that context as they were more heavily muscled, stockier than us.

Can you try and rephrase, I am not quite getting it? are you saying that in evolution there should be a clear directional trend towards these species being more like we are now? Rephrase just a tad :)

It would appear to me that we have become victims of entropy, even in evolution. Elements break down, and apparently evolution does too. :hmm:

It would appear to me that we have become victims of entropy, even in evolution. Elements break down, and apparently evolution does too. :hmm:

No it doesn't. Evolution works fine with in the 2nd law of thermodynamic (which I doubt you know in full) Proof of this. Evolution is observable and is a fact.

No it doesn't. Evolution works fine with in the 2nd law of thermodynamic (which I doubt you know in full) Proof of this. Evolution is observable and is a fact.

No doubt that evolution is observable. But how is it that alligators and crocodiles havn't grown bigger? Any change in their evolution? Its been suggested that men and reptiles have grown smaller. If that is the case, then we have not grown at all. Adaptation is one thing. Evolving from a different species is another. If you suggest that the Neanderthals have the same species in common with us, then it appears that we have fallen victim to entropy. Evolution-wise, we are declining. We are weaker, smaller, and more frail. The only reason why we live longer now is because of discoveries in medicine and health, not evolution. Perhaps this is a man made evolution. Perhaps not. But that doesn't mean that evolution disproves God. That means that evolution doesn't move fast enough to keep up with the times. Human social progress becomes more and more a road to destruction. Everything we discover to be a blessing is ultimately turned around and used as a curse. Humanity has big problems. Evolution isn't keeping up with it. That's observable.

Edited by Bluefinger

No doubt that evolution is observable. But how is it that alligators and crocodiles havn't grown bigger? Any change in their evolution? Its been suggested that men and reptiles have grown smaller. If that is the case, then we have not grown at all. Adaptation is one thing. Evolving from a different species is another. If you suggest that the Neanderthals have the same species in common with us, then it appears that we have fallen victim to entropy. Evolution-wise, we are declining. We are weaker, smaller, and more frail. Perhaps this is a man made evolution. Perhaps not. But that doesn't mean that evolution disproves God. That means that evolution doesn't move fast enough to keep up with the times. Human social progress becomes more and more a road to destruction. Everything we discover to be a blessing is ultimately turned around and used as a curse. Humanity has big problems. Evolution isn't keeping up with it. That's observable.

Why would they grow bigger? What does that have to do with anything?

Speciation is an observable fact as well :).

I think maybe you need to take a much deeper look into evolution and in to thermodynamics. Especially since you think a species that is exponentially growing is declining evolution wise. That I am afraid is just plain nonsense.

Why would they grow bigger? What does that have to do with anything?

Speciation is an observable fact as well :).

I think maybe you need to take a much deeper look into evolution and in to thermodynamics. Especially since you think a species that is exponentially growing is declining evolution wise. That I am afraid is just plain nonsense.

We are learning. That isn't evolution. That is education. It seems to be the rule though, that everything we learn, we use against ourselves. How is evolution going to stop us from destroying ourselves? It really can't. :no: What is the hype about evolution for again? :huh:

Edited by Bluefinger

We are learning. That isn't evolution. That is education. It seems to be the rule though, that everything we learn, we use against ourselves. How is evolution going to stop us from destroying ourselves? It really can't. :no: What is the hype about evolution for again? :huh:

Maybe you should look up what evolution is.