Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Discussion Thread

The Puzzler

I think you're up a gum tree without a paddle... :D on this one....as there does seem

to be 'something' there....

Re modern times...I've heard about some deep drilling, for telescopes or something,

to be sited fairly recently....but I've got 'Google-fatigue' at the moment so I haven't got a link.

Well....if Nibiru doesn't get us first...the ice might melt and we can go there ourselves (flood permitting )

and take some pictures ourselves....

Imagine the holiday snaps.....'yes, there's me looking at the lovely big stargate' .....'there's Uncle Jim with

one of those Anunnaki chaps....he materialised 'specially for the photo...' .......'There's little Olivia and Jack

just coming out of the plasma vortex....they love going to the moon-base...' :P

lol good one B)

The tests sound very conclusive that shem added but then I wonder if Antarctica was where it was for the last 6 million years, it wasn't until the rock paintings were found in the Sahara that anyone realised that it had been wetter 5000 years ago. Prior to that science thought the deserts had been there for hundreds of thousands of years too.

Could Troy and Atlantis be one and the same?

This is what I have going in circles about and why I have Atlantis threads and the Troy thread, to determine how closely intertwined these 2 are and I do see a similar parallel in them. Particularly with Poseidon building the walls of both and the way I see it, being responsible for the collapse of both, through earthquake and horse (2 of his Godlike attributes).

The stories are both a judgement moral - the judgement of Paris and the judgement of the people of Atlantis.

I think it's very co incidental how Plato mentions that if Solon had continued his poem of Atlantis he could have become as famous and Homer or Hesiod, it's like Plato does him the honour....

I think both Troy and Atlantis have a link to the Etruscans.

The ancient Greeks thought the Etruscans were almost barbarian because they allowed their women to have equal freedoms and dine with their husbands, not to mention exercise with them!

They lived in a community that raised the children together regardless of the father, these are core aspects of what 'Socrates' requires from him during the dialogues. Not to mention the religious zealousness, bull sacrifice, the way the priest kings met to discuss political and important matters in a temple and the fact they had an oracle of Apollo the same as the ancient Greeks imo adopted rather than the other way around, we know that Apollo was in Etruscan religion first, funny enough Poseidon can also be found in early Etruscan culture, also adopting thier story of the Trojan War. It being a tale of a possible war of early Cretan Greeks in the time of Zeus being the Bull king there in the days of Minos and the Etruscans. This occuring while the Etruscans were in Malta with the Etruscans being there first gradually moving up into the mainland making sense the Cumae is in the South of Italy settling finally in the present Tuscany area around 1000-900BC. I think the cart ruts may have a connection with the Trojan War and that possible Troy is even submerged or somewhere in the Malta/southern Italy area. By the time Homer was writing the Odyssey Calchas had become famous as an Etruscan seer so he was incorporated into the tale as the seer taken with the ancient Greeks. Calchas is found on an Etruscan plate of early 500BC. The sleeping positions and liver readings of the Etruscan and Malta oracles crept in later to Greek and Libyan mythology.

Edited by weareallsuckers

The ancient Greeks thought the Etruscans were almost barbarian because they allowed their women to have equal freedoms and dine with their husbands, not to mention exercise with them!

They lived in a community that raised the children together regardless of the father, these are core aspects of what 'Socrates' requires from him during the dialogues. Not to mention the religious zealousness, bull sacrifice, the way the priest kings met to discuss political and important matters in a temple and the fact they had an oracle of Apollo the same as the ancient Greeks imo adopted rather than the other way around, we know that Apollo was in Etruscan religion first, funny enough Poseidon can also be found in early Etruscan culture, also adopting thier story of the Trojan War. It being a tale of a possible war of early Cretan Greeks in the time of Zeus being the Bull king there in the days of Minos and the Etruscans. This occuring while the Etruscans were in Malta with the Etruscans being there first gradually moving up into the mainland making sense the Cumae is in the South of Italy settling finally in the present Tuscany area around 1000-900BC. I think the cart ruts may have a connection with the Trojan War and that possible Troy is even submerged or somewhere in the Malta/southern Italy area. By the time Homer was writing the Odyssey Calchas had become famous as an Etruscan seer so he was incorporated into the tale as the seer taken with the ancient Greeks. Calchas is found on an Etruscan plate of early 500BC. The sleeping positions and liver readings of the Etruscan and Malta oracles crept in later to Greek and Libyan mythology.

Mmmmm how do you see the cart ruts/tram lines as being connected with the trojan war? Tracks for siege engines or massed supply carts?

Edited by mr nobody

Have we deciphered Etruscan glyphs? I thought much about the Etruscans was still conjecture. Although I am in agreement with you on the Etruscans and what you said makes sense but are we sure yet. You said we know...who are WE? Humans are lost due to the fact that we lost our ancestors somewhere back there when some act of nature, God or man destroyed the advanced civilizations that were the precursors to the genetic creations found all over the planet. Their knowledge of map-making is just a first step in realizing just how advanced they were. The Island Molecule of Fractal Geometry was highly known in ancient culture. We cannot emulate the pyramids or utilize forensic knowledge to even know their purposes. We are dumb in comparison to the ancients and we prove it every day when we do not go into the Giza Plateau and search deep under the constructions. Our ancient past is there under all that great attempt to mark the place to start. Atlantis was a world culture and I am sure America will be used the same way in the distant future to describe a place in time and space. What is true, is that we are not attempting to really find out who and what we are. It is indeed a fact that ancient Egyptians thought differently and were extremely deep in their lives. They were what was left over from a highly advanced way of living life here in this part of the universe. It is self-evident. I suggest you read R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz and then you will know how advanced their mentality really was. It is lost. One must look at this dot in the universe and realize the totality of mind expressed in each and every elemental found here. The secret to the universe that we partake of, is held within our own minds. We are capable of deep introspective wisdom and knowledge yet we do not use it. If one would get down to the anvil of the crux of existence they could begin to see the purpose of their very being. But No.

post-21005-1213968838_thumb.jpg

imho

troy was probably built in response to a number of floods which had wiped out atlantis, the unlucly yimatites and etc.

troy was according to the story first located at a site about 5km to the east but moved to the better location but it was a longer walk to the hotspring.

it was probably built anew directly on the great belt [border] so that maybe was a problem of ownership and wealth control.

Mmmmm how do you see the cart ruts/tram lines as being connected with the trojan war? Tracks for seige engines or massed supply carts?

The tracks apparently go around one corner and are 70cm deep there, nor are they evenly parallel with some dropping off into the sea going under the sea bed even.

This says to me that there must have been more land that has since subsided connecting Malta to more land and that they may have been more of a monorail system with a long central spike that travelled in the track. Some may have travelled one way and others travelled past them the other way, hence 2 tracks parallel to each other but not straight enough for it to be an even axle length.

To be honest, I'm not sure how it fits in but I am slowly tracing elements of the Trojan War back into early Etruscan civilisation and thought I was onto something there but it is showing a bit fruitless.

Minoan Crete culture has been around since 4000BC, lots of time for interaction between them in the form of a clash. Many parts of myths place areas ariund here, Calypso's island and where Minos sent warships to look for

Malta is suppose to have been found uninhabited by 2000BC when Sicilian settlers arrived there. The cart tracks imo are from prior to 2000BC when more land surrounded Malta also.

In the 1975 Lexikon der Archaeologie, the entry under Malta reads:

"More emigrants from Sicily came to the island around 3200 BC. An astonishing number of megalithic temples were constructed between 2800-1900 BC. The still extant temples, some thirty in number, exhibit a highly developed plan and superstructure

...This population possibly followed warlike immigrants from western Greece...

The strange 'cart-ruts' belong to the same period."

and:

The ruts that run into the Mediterranean are most interesting. Divers have discovered that the ruts continue a long way below the sea level. What is more fascinating is that in July of 1999, amateur German archaeologist Hubert Zeitlmair discovered a megalithic temple on the sea-bed in Malta's territorial waters about 3 kilometers off the eastern coast. The problem with this is, in order for a temple to lie on the bed of the Mediterranean, it would have to date to the last ice age. The implication is that the Maltese temples are at least six thousand years older than Bonnano and his colleagues propose. Naturally, Bonnano was called upon to pronounce sage words regarding this discovery.

If the underwater temple does prove authentic, it would have to be a contemporary of those built on the mainland. The only possibility that springs to mind is that of a separate island, or even part of the mainland, which sank because of a fault in the rock. It is highly unlikely, but it does remain a possibility. There are after all no written records of any kind dating back to that period.

http://www.sott.net/signs/forum/viewtopic....id=2299&p=1

http://www.crossculturedtraveler.com/Archi...N2003/Malta.htm

"Stonehenge as we know it is much younger and was never meant to enclose space. In contrast, the Maltese temples have paved flooring; they were once roofed and fitted with doors. Corbelled walls and support systems indicate an ancient knowledge of advanced engineering and geometry. Although at least some of the walls were once plastered and painted red, there is no use of mortar to keep the blocks together. How did they know how to do this?

At the time of this writing, researchers at Stanford University are about to undertake a comparison of human DNA material from Malta for inclusion in their study of the movement of people in the Neolithic (New Stone Age.) Archaeologists and anthropologists agree that temple-period Malta is an important stage in the development of humankind. New information will be made public when researchers and scientists come together at a conference in Malta in September 2003.

There is more excitement. Divers think they have located underwater structures off the coast of Malta. The "Atlantis" connection is being fueled by new studies of the seabed, old documents and the unarguable existence of an advanced civilization that predates dynastic Egypt and Minoan Crete. They left no written language that we know of. Yet in the "Temple Culture" we see evidence of international trade, craft specialization, a redistribution system. We see a peaceful society with no sign of weapons or warfare. They were healthy people, wearing highly stylized haircuts and garments of fine textiles. They slept on beds. They sat on couches. They believed they knew the secrets of reincarnation."

Have we deciphered Etruscan glyphs? I thought much about the Etruscans was still conjecture. Although I am in agreement with you on the Etruscans and what you said makes sense but are we sure yet. You said we know...who are WE? Humans are lost due to the fact that we lost our ancestors somewhere back there when some act of nature, God or man destroyed the advanced civilizations that were the precursors to the genetic creations found all over the planet. Their knowledge of map-making is just a first step in realizing just how advanced they were. The Island Molecule of Fractal Geometry was highly known in ancient culture. We cannot emulate the pyramids or utilize forensic knowledge to even know their purposes. We are dumb in comparison to the ancients and we prove it every day when we do not go into the Giza Plateau and search deep under the constructions. Our ancient past is there under all that great attempt to mark the place to start. Atlantis was a world culture and I am sure America will be used the same way in the distant future to describe a place in time and space. What is true, is that we are not attempting to really find out who and what we are. It is indeed a fact that ancient Egyptians thought differently and were extremely deep in their lives. They were what was left over from a highly advanced way of living life here in this part of the universe. It is self-evident. I suggest you read R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz and then you will know how advanced their mentality really was. It is lost. One must look at this dot in the universe and realize the totality of mind expressed in each and every elemental found here. The secret to the universe that we partake of, is held within our own minds. We are capable of deep introspective wisdom and knowledge yet we do not use it. If one would get down to the anvil of the crux of existence they could begin to see the purpose of their very being. But No.

As far as I know they have deciphered the glyphs they just don't know how to pronounce it all and what it means.

I agree with your post and this is all related to my journey to find out about our past cultures prior to what 'we know'.

Personally I don't think we are dumb we just use our knowledge differently to build different things because different needs outweighed others, the early Malta temples and whole Malta culture seems to be based wholly on temples, no residences have been found indicating a complete totality to the building of these structures for important daily functions, now we have so much more going on we don't put the time and effort into one sole project to get the results achieved when living in that manner.

The Great Pyramid and the Sphinx show signs of pre dating the rest of the pyramids, possibly being built by a culture prior to Egyptians, the biggest and best pyramid is first, followed by 'cheap imitations', not much different to now really. The sphinx's face was originally a lion when Leo was in the sky approx 10,000BC, 'they' say and later cultures of Egypt have reworked the sphinx's head into the pharoah because it appears smaller in comparison to the rest of the body and less eroded.

I agree introspective wisdom was essential to these cultures and possibly the key to our own understanding......

As far as I know they have deciphered the glyphs they just don't know how to pronounce it all and what it means.

I agree with your post and this is all related to my journey to find out about our past cultures prior to what 'we know'.

Personally I don't think we are dumb we just use our knowledge differently to build different things because different needs outweighed others, the early Malta temples and whole Malta culture seems to be based wholly on temples, no residences have been found indicating a complete totality to the building of these structures for important daily functions, now we have so much more going on we don't put the time and effort into one sole project to get the results achieved when living in that manner.

The Great Pyramid and the Sphinx show signs of pre dating the rest of the pyramids, possibly being built by a culture prior to Egyptians, the biggest and best pyramid is first, followed by 'cheap imitations', not much different to now really. The sphinx's face was originally a lion when Leo was in the sky approx 10,000BC, 'they' say and later cultures of Egypt have reworked the sphinx's head into the Pharaoh because it appears smaller in comparison to the rest of the body and less eroded.

I agree introspective wisdom was essential to these cultures and possibly the key to our own understanding......

I also agree with you. In fact, I have been reading a lot lately about the Nabta Playa (SP) and its impact on a culture moving out of the Sahara Area on toward what is now Egypt. If the wisdom of the skys is any indication of the knowledge level of these nomads then something big must have caused those folks to leave and I am betting on the Carolina Bays Catastrophe or whatever caused the end of the last Ice Age or the slippage from a past polar region. I believe that the Med was less full of water during the age prior and when the event took place water poured into the area. Malta has numerous areas where the bones of animals and other things were forced into all the cavities that are approachable at present. Even the Hypogeum was once filled with 7,000 human bodies or their bones rather. How they got there no one knows.

Cheers,

Orion

Edited by Orion von Koch

it wasn't until the rock paintings were found in the Sahara that anyone realised that it had been wetter 5000 years ago. Prior to that science thought the deserts had been there for hundreds of thousands of years too.

Waas,

What is the basis for this statement of yours?

Harte

Waas,

What is the basis for this statement of yours?

Harte

I have been looking for a while now and can't find where I saw that, who knows if it's true, these sites contradict each other alot...

Basically I believe that around 5000BC as the Sahara dried up the people moved east into Egypt building the Sphinx as they mined the rock for the Great Pyramid, headed on to the Levant and Anatolia, possibly going as far as India, the Dravinians.

Later migrations took control in Egypt and became the first dynasties. These migrations around 4000-3500BC would also place a small population in Malta.

from a geologycal piont of veiw cape breton holds all the answer's to those ?'s

and let me not forget a spiritaul one as well ,for here is were our father lay resting in his own littel garden.

along with his son for he on the right, but these are only two out of many that are in a circle here in this garden up on cloud 9.

I have been looking for a while now and can't find where I saw that, who knows if it's true, these sites contradict each other alot...

I asked because the Sahara is dotted with dry lakebeds and people have known this for an extremely long time.

I very seriously doubt the veracity of the statement that "Prior to that (the discovery of some rock paintings) science thought the deserts had been there for hundreds of thousands of years too."

Basically I believe that around 5000BC as the Sahara dried up the people moved east into Egypt building the Sphinx as they mined the rock for the Great Pyramid, headed on to the Levant and Anatolia, possibly going as far as India, the Dravinians.

Later migrations took control in Egypt and became the first dynasties. These migrations around 4000-3500BC would also place a small population in Malta.

I don't know about the rest, but the rock from the Sphinx enclosure was used to build the Sphinx temple, IIRC, and not a pyramid.

Everyone here should note that the only theory of a "superancient" sphinx out there (Robert Schoch's) dates only the front of the sphinx as being that old. Schoch himself believes the enclosure and the rear of the sphinx date to Kephren's time.

There is hardly any doubt at all that the Great Pyramid was built around 2600 BCE. Even Schoch, West, Hancock and Bauval all agree with Egyptology on this date.

Harte

I asked because the Sahara is dotted with dry lakebeds and people have known this for an extremely long time.

I very seriously doubt the veracity of the statement that "Prior to that (the discovery of some rock paintings) science thought the deserts had been there for hundreds of thousands of years too."

I don't know about the rest, but the rock from the Sphinx enclosure was used to build the Sphinx temple, IIRC, and not a pyramid.

Everyone here should note that the only theory of a "superancient" sphinx out there (Robert Schoch's) dates only the front of the sphinx as being that old. Schoch himself believes the enclosure and the rear of the sphinx date to Kephren's time.

There is hardly any doubt at all that the Great Pyramid was built around 2600 BCE. Even Schoch, West, Hancock and Bauval all agree with Egyptology on this date.

Harte

I have seen nothing that indicates that West, Hancock and Bauval agree on what you just stated. Iknow I do not. I believe the case is not closed and we have not done enough to get to the truth in this day and time. It is all open-ended. The search goes on and everyday something happens to open the case back up. Something big happened very long ago and it is everywhere evident — We just have not gone deep enough to find the truth. Too many ooparts.

Edited by Orion von Koch

I have seen nothing that indicates that West, Hancock and Bauval agree on what you just stated. Iknow I do not. I believe the case is not closed and we have not done enough to get to the truth in this day and time. It is all open-ended. The search goes on and everyday something happens to open the case back up. Something big happened very long ago and it is everywhere evident — We just have not gone deep enough to find the truth. Too many ooparts.

Yes, I have to agree with you Orion on that one.

From what I know the whole sphinx including it's head and front could have been built up to 11,500BC when the constellation of Leo was in line with the pyramid. The great pyramid would also date from this time. The head was reworked around 3,500BC. There is nothing overly elaborate about either and could have easily been built in that time imo.

and M.A.D, I see you talk of Cape Breton a bit, I'm not aware of it being linked to Atlantis, do you have a specific link that I could read what the similarities are please?

Harte

http://www.robertschoch.net/New%20Studies%...ld%20SPhinx.htm

NEW STUDIES CONFIRM VERY OLD SPHINX:

by Dr. Robert M. Schoch © 2000

"As many readers of ATLANTIS RISING are aware, for the past ten years I have been working closely with John Anthony West on the redating of the Great Sphinx of Giza. The traditional date for the statue is circa 2500 B.C., but based on my geological analysis, I am convinced that the oldest portions of the Sphinx date back to at least circa 5,000 B.C. (and John West believes that it may be considerably older still). Such a chronology, however, goes against not just classical Egyptology, but many long-held assumptions concerning the dating and origin of early civilizations. I cannot recall how many times I have been told by erstwhile university colleagues that such an early date for the Sphinx is simply impossible because humans were technologically and socially incapable of such feats that long ago. Yet, I must follow where the evidence leads.

1) In my opinion, the nature and degree of weathering and erosion (degradation) on the Sphinx and in the Sphinx enclosure is much different than what would be expected if the Sphinx had not been carved until 2800 B.C., or even 3000 B.C. Also, mud brick mastabas on the Saqqara Plateau, dated to circa 2800 B.C., show no evidence of significant rain weathering, indicating just how dry the climate has been for the last 5,000 years. I continue to believe that the erosional features on the Sphinx and in the Sphinx enclosure indicate a much earlier date than 3000 or 2800 B.C. In my opinion, it strains credulity to believe that the amount, type, and degree of precipitation-induced erosion seen in the Sphinx enclosure was produced in only a few centuries. Reader points out in his paper, as I have previously, that even the Egyptologist Zahi Hawass (one of the most ardent "opponents" when it comes to my redating of the Sphinx) contends that some of the weathering and erosion (interpreted as precipitation-induced by Reader, Coxill, and me) on the body of the Sphinx was covered over and repaired during Old Kingdom times - - thus we can safely assume that the initial core body of the Sphinx was carved out much earlier."

Looks to me Schoch is saying 5000BC. Which is when I also said since it ties in with migration out of the Sahara.

Since delving into Atlantis I have been researching about the ancient cataclysmic events talked about in myth and legend, the cultural connections between South America and Africa, the sinking continent in the Pacific or Atlantic or both and the talk of ancient civilisations.

http://www.wvancientartifacts.com/disc.html

"I believe these artifacts were created by the descendants of HAM the founder of ancient Egypt at a most ancient time when the Nile river and The Ancient Teays river were connected in Pangea era. Geological surveys tell the story that before the Mediterranean was formed. The NILE river flowed out between Italy and Sicily and out through the Straits of Gebralter.If this is fact it would put the NILE River flow into what is now the east coast of America."

http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_6.htm (Puma Punka)

"Here is one variant of the myth of Viracocha. Long ago in a forgotten time the world experienced a terrible storm with tremendous floods. The lands were plunged into a period of absolute darkness and frigid cold, and humankind was nearly eradicated. Some time after the deluge, the creator god Viracocha arose from the depths of Lake Titicaca. Journeying first to the island of Titicaca (now called Isla del Sol or the Island of the Sun), Viracocha commanded the sun, moon, and stars to rise. Next going to Tiahuanaco (whose original name, taypicala, meant ‘the rock in the center’), Viracocha fashioned new men and women out of stones and, sending them to the four quarters, began the repopulation of the world."

I won't list the other million and a half websites that mention all these things.

I will add this one though:

http://www.sacredsites.com/middle_east/turkey/ararat.htm

"The idea of an ice age at the juncture of the Paleolithic and Neolithic eras has, however, been shown to be inaccurate. Based on extensive research from the scientific disciplines of zoology, biology, geology, oceanography, climatology, astronomy, anthropology and mythology it has been conclusively shown that there was no ice age, there were no vast glaciers covering large parts of the northern hemisphere, and consequently there was no melting of any ice caps as previously hypothesized. Readers desiring a detailed scientific discussion of this matter are advised to read the book Cataclysm: Compelling Evidence of a Cosmic Catastrophe in 9500 BC, by J.B. Delair and D.S. Allan. While it is certainly true that ocean levels did dramatically rise at this time, by as much as 80-200 feet along different coastlines, that rise was not caused by the so-called slow melting of the ice caps but rather by the massively devastating influences resulting from a large cosmic object passing close by the planet around 9500 BC. This event did, however, cause cataclysmic floods which rapidly destroyed a large percentage of global human population.

Modern researchers such as D.S Allan, J.B. Delair, Graham Hancock, Christopher Knight, Robert Lomas and Rand Flem-Ath have conducted comprehensive studies of the cataclysm myths found around the world and have put forth some surprising – and controversial - theories to explain the extraordinary similarity of those myths. Basically these theories posit two different causes for the great floods and their accompanying geological cataclysms. One cause, initially suggested by the American professor Charles Hapgood, was the crustal displacement of 9600 BC that rapidly shifted – in a matter of days or weeks - enormous portions of the lithosphere (upon which the slowly moving tectonic plates are situated) and resulted in catastrophic earthquakes, volcanic activity and abrupt climate change. This crustal displacement was itself caused by the enormous gravitational influences of the cosmic object (probably a fragment of an exploded super nova) as it passed close by the earth in 9600 BC. Certain myths of great antiquity can only be understood by reference to this event and interested readers may find detailed analysis in the writings of Allan, Delair, Hancock and Flem-Ath."

What this is all pointing to and if it were so everything would fall into place regarding all this is:

South America (still connected to Africa but mostly disconnected) finally broke off around 11,000BC due to the cataclysmic changes bought about by a meteor impact. The crustal displacement mentioned above is interesting in that it could have played a role. In the style of shock dynamics theory, the meteor impact would throw South America west hitting the North American continent at present Central America and stopping it, the swing of the islands at the Cape Horn correspond to a fast movement of the continent. Look also at a map of the Atlantic and note the ridges, it's as if the continent just swung off yesterday, they are so clear.

This may seem so off course but it actually would make sense if we weren't tied into the knowledge this was suppose to have happened millions of years ago.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...5AU276%26sa%3DN

http://www.robertschoch.net/New%20Studies%...ld%20SPhinx.htm

NEW STUDIES CONFIRM VERY OLD SPHINX:

b] I am convinced that the oldest portions of the Sphinx date back to at least circa 5,000 B.C. (and John West believes that it may be considerably older still). [/b]

Schoch's original paper states:

In order to determine accurately when the western end of the Great Sphinx was freed from the bedrock, and to establish a chronology of the possible widening of the passage between the rear portion of the sculpture and the west wall of the surrounding enclosure, more detailed work (including the collection of several more seismic profiles parallel to seismic line S3) will be necessary. However, it is already clear that the limestone floor behind the rump of the figure-which we sampled seismically in April 1991-was exposed later (i.e., possibly in Khafre's time) than the east, north and south limestone floors of the enclosure. Once the sides of the body and eastern end of the Sphinx were carved, the limestone floors surrounding these three sides of the sculpture began to weather; but what was to become the limestone floor behind the figure was still protected by a thick layer of solid rock.

A reasonable hypothesis is that when Khafre repaired and refurbished the Great Sphinx and its associated temples in ca. 2500 B.C., he had the back (western end) of the colossal sculpture carved out and freed from the cliff (or enclosure wall). It is difficult to argue that the rump of the figure was carved any later than Khafre's time; the base of the rump has, like the rest of the core body of the Sphinx, been weathered and repaired with limestone blocks.

Source: Redating the Great Sphinx of Giza, Robert Schoch

At any rate, this concerns the Sphinx and not the G.P.

Regarding Hancock, West and Schoch, I suggest you read what they have to say on the subject. I linked to West's site here the other day - directly to an article that is pertinant to this discussion.

Hancock and Bauval have reconsidered their earlier claims of antiquity concerning the G.P. based on Hawass pointing out to them, in the relieving chamber over the King's chamber therin, that one can actually see the continuation of quarrymarks and the so-called "graffitti" between some of the stones in places where it could only have been written during construction.

When Hancock and Bauval originally tried to make their "Zep Tepi" argument for a 10,500 y.o. G.P., they were unaware of this easily researched fact. Once they were made aware, that was when they postulated that the Giza complex had been planned based on the configuration of constellations as they appeared in 10,500 BCE. IOW, the blueprints for the Giza complex lay around for 8,000 years or so before anyone undertook the construction.

Somewhat tenuous, I say.

Harte

Yes, I have to agree with you Orion on that one.

From what I know the whole sphinx including it's head and front could have been built up to 11,500BC when the constellation of Leo was in line with the pyramid. The great pyramid would also date from this time. The head was reworked around 3,500BC. There is nothing overly elaborate about either and could have easily been built in that time imo.

and M.A.D, I see you talk of Cape Breton a bit, I'm not aware of it being linked to Atlantis, do you have a specific link that I could read what the similarities are please?

no it is just me the i am that sees what i see and say all other's are silent .

the pic's and proof's are berryed in these pages of this web site.

Cape Breton has not always been surrounded by water. Cape Breton has not always ridden on the surface of the earth, and it has not always been in the northern hemisphere. The story of its moves and transformations can be read through its geology- the rocks we find today. And in terms of geology,Cape Breton Island was only discovered in the 80's

in the words of dr.Rob Raeside: Cape Breton Island is really the- well, it was the centre of the world, back 3 or 4 hundred million years ago! (it was) right in the middel of a huge continent which stretched from California to china.

DR. Rob Raeside: When we first mapped the geology- the bedrocks of cape breton in 83,84,85- we were encountering one new rock type every day. And i suspect that there is probably a greater variety of igneous rocks- plutonic rocks that were once magmas- in the Cape Breton Highlands than there is anywhere else, certainly in north america and perhaps any where in the world except along the himalayas or alps.