Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ġgantija - World's Oldest Man Made Structures

The_Spartan

Scientists and engineers estimate that it would have required 10,000 men 1,000 years to develop the extensive operations carried on throughout the region. It is estimated that 1.5 billion pounds of copper were mined by these unknown people.

Crystal Sage,

The above statement is absolutely false. No scientists or engineers have provided such an estimate.

The various sources of the bogus "estimates" are given in the paper that I linked you to.

I suggest you read it.

Harte

To answer something Da Verminator said:

Its quite distressing to learn that these ancient structures which are even more ancient than the Pyramids and the Stonehenge are not taken seriously by the archaeological community in a manner they do with the Pyramids and the stonehenge!!!

One thing you might consider is that downplaying sites like Ggantija, Gobekli Tepe, Dolne Vestonice amongst others is how alternative historians can make the claim that civilizations like Ancient Egypt appear to have sprung up "overnight". That way they can ignore the gradual progression of hunter/gatherers towards civilization.

cormac

• Like 1

To answer something Da Verminator said:

One thing you might consider is that downplaying sites like Ggantija, Gobekli Tepe, Dolne Vestonice amongst others is how alternative historians can make the claim that civilizations like Ancient Egypt appear to have sprung up "overnight". That way they can ignore the gradual progression of hunter/gatherers towards civilization.

cormac

I agree, i seem to remember Archaeologists making a big noise about all of these, but since it wrecks the ' Aliens came and taught us irrigation, then built the pyramids' theory it hasnt quite sparked off in the imaginations of the mainstream armchair voyeurs.

Perhaps they just lack the romantic tradition that other ancient sites have got from the great tourists of the last centuries.