Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wild Wolverine Confirmed in Michigan

UM-Bot

news iconSpartan fans, take heart. At least one wolverine really does live in Michigan, but it certainly doesn’t belong here. Adding intrigue to a 200-year-old mystery, a state Department of Natural Resources biologist took photos Tuesday of a wolverine in a field near Ubly in Huron County — the first confirmed wild sighting of the fierce mammal in the Wolverine State’s history.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Detnews

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• SilverCougar

• stillcrazy

• Spartan

Top Posters In This Topic

“Students tell me, you know, there never were any wolverines in Michigan,” said David Adelstein, who teaches social studies at Highland Middle School in Highland. “I tell them there were never any Spartans here, either.”

That's my fav line.

I'd hate to think of that as someone's exotic pet... they're mean little buggers.

The wolverine could have come on a truck carrying Canadian waste to a nearby landfill.
Why are the Canadians shipping waste to the US? We have enough of our own. w00t.gif

According to the Customs folks, hitch-hiking wild animals are not that uncommon on commercial trucks. They have found everything from bear cubs and snakes to otters, beavers and a few cats and dogs. Most are on flatbed trucks with tarps.

Many of these animals are not found until after they have crossed the border due to not all trucks being inspected prior to crossing. They have had several injuries to officers when a truck is inspected and the animal is surpised.

There is a plan in the works to provide amnesty to all undocumented animals. (so long as they can provide proof of habitation)

Edited by stillcrazy

Hey man relax, there are plenty of Spartans to go around,hehe, the black cats around the world latetly are the demons watch dogs if you like, have faith im Spartan,Greek of course,lol.