Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A New Paranormal Television Show

Korbus

Sure, there's Ghost Hunters and all that...but I miss the show "Sightings" and "Strange Universe," newsmagazine type programs that covered the paranormal. There's nothing really like it on television anymore. So, let's make one...

Let's say you could create a new paranormal television show. What would you like to see covered?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Korbus

• Radian

• LIGhostChick

• Pol_Pot_will_killyou

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Question. I'd like to see something similar to the "unsolved mysteries" series... but with more focus on the unexplained and such.. OBE, visions, Spooks, Possession, miracles.. things like that.

Good Question. I'd like to see something similar to the "unsolved mysteries" series... but with more focus on the unexplained and such.. OBE, visions, Spooks, Possession, miracles.. things like that.

Awesome. Would you like to see this show as a single host format, and then just see a reporter in the field documenting the stories of those claiming the experiences? Or would you prefer a team that goes out and tries to really determine the nature behind the claim. For example, whether it was faked or not, or if it is legit?

Don't air the footage unless you do some real research, add some cred to the field, or find the GD monster..

Honestly Jason, I'm disappointed in this team methodology. It just doesn't seem to be hitting right.. Of course you'd want it to be investigated, something to weigh its' authenticity, but it's that alone that seems to be taking from these other programs..Now, It just seems this way to me-

An investigative program- hosted! I say with an (emphasis) on the investigative aspect.

Am I making any sense at all?

lol

Don't air the footage unless you do some real research, add some cred to the field, or find the GD monster..

Exactly!

Edited by Shankpin

Actually, yes. I understand what you are saying. I'm kind of torn myself. I mean, I'd really LOVE to see a totally skeptic minded show on Discovery Channel or something hosted by James Randi and Michael Shermer...but that just isn't going to happen. People, for the most part, don't want to see things get debunked because it takes away hope. At least believing in something that is clearly nonsense allows people to keep hope alive that somewhere out there, something truly paranormal is just waiting to be discovered.

Ok, now am I making any sense? Haha

I hear that. I swear, these monsters really are being hunted. One day something has gotta be discovered or interest is going to start to fade. Maybe.

I want to see a show with good re-enactments, not from some hired actor, but from the person who had the first-hand eyewitness account. Maybe not so much for ghosts, but for monster sightings, I find that the way the person describes the situation can make-or-break the story.

Having the person who has seen bigfoot, produce a suit that is closest to what they have seen, then have them wear it and emulate their encounter at the spot where the encounter happened would give some kind of first-hand insight into what these people experienced.

If the person was lying or was mistaken to what they had seen, it would be evident, and hearing someone fabricate a story then act it out is just as entertaining. I could watch that for hours. That would be so great.

-Pol

I want to see a show with good re-enactments, not from some hired actor, but from the person who had the first-hand eyewitness account. Maybe not so much for ghosts, but for monster sightings, I find that the way the person describes the situation can make-or-break the story.

Having the person who has seen bigfoot, produce a suit that is closest to what they have seen, then have them wear it and emulate their encounter at the spot where the encounter happened would give some kind of first-hand insight into what these people experienced.

If the person was lying or was mistaken to what they had seen, it would be evident, and hearing someone fabricate a story then act it out is just as entertaining. I could watch that for hours. That would be so great.

-Pol

Haha, now that WOULD be great.

I'd want to see the good stuff... none of the editing stuff to make it "kid" friendly. I'd like to see the reality of how humans react when something scares them.

How about a Paranormal show on HBO, with no bleep outs, no scripts just real people, no actors and real scary stuff. I believe that a channel like HBO would be credible as long as its real TV based, most of us know that they are well known for having shows that are out of the norm ,(Taxi cab confessions, Pimp's up Ho's down, Autopsy, Bunny Ranch-cat house) etc etc. I know i would watch..

How about a Paranormal show on HBO, with no bleep outs, no scripts just real people, no actors and real scary stuff. I believe that a channel like HBO would be credible as long as its real TV based, most of us know that they are well known for having shows that are out of the norm ,(Taxi cab confessions, Pimp's up Ho's down, Autopsy, Bunny Ranch-cat house) etc etc. I know i would watch..

I agree with this.

However, I think an internet based show where full, live, uncut investigations could be viewed from multiple view-points, rooms, etc. would be truly excellent.

How about a show that deals with ghosts where they investigate an area for more than 8 hours? Spend a month or something with serious investigation. Put webcams all through the house and let them run 24/7 so people can report sightings when the teams aren't there. Then they could have live webcasts and such. At least it'd be interesting.

That would certainly be pretty cool. If HBO ever does have such a show, I'd subscribe again.

I agree with this.

However, I think an internet based show where full, live, uncut investigations could be viewed from multiple view-points, rooms, etc. would be truly excellent.

Hell YES. That'd be great to have a big variety of viewpoints. Even helmet cams for the investigators so there will be no more of this "Well, I saw it...but you couldn't" stuff.

How about a show that deals with ghosts where they investigate an area for more than 8 hours? Spend a month or something with serious investigation. Put webcams all through the house and let them run 24/7 so people can report sightings when the teams aren't there. Then they could have live webcasts and such. At least it'd be interesting.

I'd be down with that too.

Well I would love to see it on non pay tv, we seem to have none here in Australia except for Paranormal Australia, which has gone off air.