Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreaming of Cyclones

The Fallen Deity

I've been having these weird dreams lately of tornadoes. In almost all of them I am attempting to get home, however in each of them I am frightened. I do not possess a fear of storms or even tornadoes in the least--however, I cannot be so sure as I have never been close to one nor experienced one. I suppose I mean to ask if anyone else has been having frequent dreams of tornadoes or if this means something. I am actually at a loss for words of the emotional "pressure" these dreams leave behind. Not enough to scare one to tears, yet the are forcing me to meditate on them to a large degree.

^_^

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Fallen Deity

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• Nathanial Fujibayashi

• spirit shaman

Hmmm, well generally speaking it could only be symbolic, it could mean anything. Dreams are strange, sometimes a dream of a tornado means you left the bathroom light on (Joking) but what i mean is that it can mean anything. However in my dreams such as that, there is usually a huge dramatization. Meaning the dream is a lot bigger than the real problem. I've had many of these, the first one that comes to mind (Sorry this has nothing to do with tornadoes but anyway) I collect swords, for nights and nights i had dreams that the my favorite sword broke, the blade would shatter into about a hundred pieces, or bent up so bad it was inrepairable, a couple days later, i find out the handle ornament was loose, i fixed it, the dreams stopped. Which is a much smaller problem. What i mean is, it could simply mean there is going to be a storm, or even just being windy, dreams usually over emphasize. No one can really tell you the meaning of your dreams but yourself, unless their a good psychic. Or someone who specializes in deciphering dreams. So just keep your eyes open for anything of relation, and sooner or later you'll find the connection, be able to fix it or get past it, and they will go away.

^_^

Thanks for the insight.

I agree with the guy above but instead of it being a storm it could be symbolic like something is wrong in a relationship or wind is going to blow some important papers out the door or anything really which is pretty much just stating again what the guy above said. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you feeling lately like your life is out of control.... whirling about uncontrolled??? Its right about being symbolic...

I've been having these weird dreams lately of tornadoes. In almost all of them I am attempting to get home, however in each of them I am frightened. I do not possess a fear of storms or even tornadoes in the least--however, I cannot be so sure as I have never been close to one nor experienced one. I suppose I mean to ask if anyone else has been having frequent dreams of tornadoes or if this means something. I am actually at a loss for words of the emotional "pressure" these dreams leave behind. Not enough to scare one to tears, yet the are forcing me to meditate on them to a large degree.

^_^

Twisters have been on the news quite a bit due to the intense and frequent severe weather people have been getting.

There is a proven link between certain dreams and memory. Given this if I were to guess I would say that images of tornadoes combined with the natural fear people have of them are causing you to have these specific dreams.

Some say these dreams are symbolic (they will say this about any dream) I say your just having nightmares in very much the same manner that a small child will have after watching Halloween etc. cept yours are about tornadoes something that exists and are quite frightening.

Twisters have been on the news quite a bit due to the intense and frequent severe weather people have been getting.

There is a proven link between certain dreams and memory. Given this if I were to guess I would say that images of tornadoes combined with the natural fear people have of them are causing you to have these specific dreams.

Some say these dreams are symbolic (they will say this about any dream) I say your just having nightmares in very much the same manner that a small child will have after watching Halloween etc. cept yours are about tornadoes something that exists and are quite frightening.

This is what I thought and felt as well.

• 2 weeks later...

^_^

To tell the truth... I have had a similar dream since I was very little. Where instead of a tornado, I'm being chased by a tyrannosaurus rex. Don't ask me why that is, over all the years I STILL can't figure than one out. But I'm also tring to run home, it also always ends right as it finds me... I've never thought anyone else might have something simalar happening to them. But I've also notice one thing, I have the dream the night before I get into a major fight with a friend, or someone close to me gets hurt. You might be the same, just try to figure out what triggers it and it could help you solve problems when they appear.

• 1 month later...

^_^

maybe you need a someone to interpret your dreams. maybe there will be a calamity and you need to be prepared or something. Or maybe you are having a bad day. And also pray, maybe that will stop you dreaming about tornadoes.

No one can interpret your dreams but you. From my experience, it can take many years to understand 'weird' dreams. You WILL eventually understand them but for now I would say it is not important. What is important with ANY dream is the understanding and grasping, if you will, of the feelings involved. NOT what you saw or did. When a dream is created and manifested by your intent THEN may you be an observer if not participant. Until that time, you have only yourself and the feelings which are you and therefore the dreams themselves. So, no on can interpret YOUR feelings but you.

mho

^_^

i used to have dreams about tornados as well. not all the time, just i would have dreams that i had tornados nearby and as one was coming towards me it would be bearing down on me and suddenly stop and i would just stand there staring at it as it destroyed everything around me.