Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most complex crop circle ever discovered in UK

UM-Bot

user posted image rSubmitted by Kratos: The most complex, "mind-boggling" crop circle ever to be seen in Britain has been discovered in a barley field in Wiltshire. The formation, measuring 150ft in diameter, is apparently a coded image representing the first 10 digits, 3.141592654, of pi. It is has appeared in a field near Barbury Castle, an iron-age hill f

ort above Wroughton, Wilts, and has been described by astrophysicists as "mind-boggling".

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Telegraph

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonnyC

• iSeeDeadPpl!

• crtDzyn

• RipeFRuit

This is so weird, that they can decode Pi from that. Obviously it was done by an intelligent species, and I don't know about you but how can some people or group of people carry this out? And if this were extraterrestrial is this supposed to me an something for us? Or other alien beings? Maybe it is a sign to show us that they are out their. Either way it sure is cool.

This is so weird, that they can decode Pi from that. Obviously it was done by an intelligent species, and I don't know about you but how can some people or group of people carry this out? And if this were extraterrestrial is this supposed to me an something for us? Or other alien beings? Maybe it is a sign to show us that they are out their. Either way it sure is cool.

Yes, because how could humans possibly have discovered the first ten digits of Pi.... It must be extraterrestrials!

c'mon, crop circles are man made... :rolleyes:

How do you know crop circles are man made? Have you done any research into the claims your making about crop circles. You have to have proof to back your claims up. You can't just say all crop circles are man made without any type of proof to back your claims up.

How do you know crop circles are man made? Have you done any research into the claims your making about crop circles. You have to have proof to back your claims up. You can't just say all crop circles are man made without any type of proof to back your claims up.

So I take it that since you are the one making the more extraordinary claim, then you must have some pretty convincing evidence that some crop circles are made by aliens?

The burden of proof is on you.

What's more likely? That aliens travelled all the way here, or sent some kind of technology to make crop circles in the dead of night, or this is the work of a group of people who just enjoy making crop circles for fun?

You don't think that having people admitting to have created some of the "unexplainable" crop circles, explaining exactly how they did it, and those techniques being reproduced for television; or the fact that crop circles using similar techniques are used as advertising for companies gives any insight into who exactly is behind these great mysteries?

I love it how whenever one of these things appear there is always some unknown scientist saying how "mind boggling" it is, or how "it could NEVER be created by human hands". Please.... You really think aliens came all the way here to make this simplistic design in a barley field to tell us "pi". If they had the technology to come here and manipulate the environment you don't think they'd be able to send a bit more information? And with a bit less primitive technique?

Don't let your desperation of wanting to believe in alien life get in the way of good evidence-based judgement.

Is it true that at the point at which the storks of the flattened corn are bent the molecular structure of the corn is altered?

I have heard that the storks appear to have 'boiled' at those bending points.

If the first point above is true, it rules out the possibility of fakers operating with rollers.

I think they are man made. There are some real first class college students with to much time on their hands. One thing is for sure it is some beautiful art work.

Its not common knowledge that Pi can be drawn in some mathematical way by counting one tenth segments, so either this guy is pretty smart or its something else. Witch lead me to the question why would a guy so smart want to waste his time doing this? most intellectual people don't waste their time on drawing in corn. And for those people who say that why would aliens make markings in our crops? Where else are they going to make a sign that is easily readable, I mean even if it was somewhere else we would still say, c'mon why would they make it there? Unless it is a forest circle, then we might have something....I am not saying that it is ET or man made, I am just saying we need to do studies and analyze this from all points of view.

I think they are man made. There are some real first class college students with to much time on their hands. One thing is for sure it is some beautiful art work.

Darkwind, not if the molecular structure is altered. Moreover, the stalks are not actually crushed or broken in genuine crop circles.

I'm "on the fence" when it comes to the origin of crop circles. They could very well be alien but there is one thing that puzzles me. I could be wrong, but I think the crop circles started out really crudely made and simple compared to what we find today. Once the crop circle phenomena became known, all of the sudden we started seeing more complex designs. When they were getting their 5 minutes of fame and more publicized, we stared seeing even better mathematical coded circles like this Pi one. This can be explained three ways:

1.The aliens suddenly became smarter and started making better circles.

2.The aliens figured we were too dumb to read complex circles in the beginning. They saw we were catching on and started making better ones or they did not require detailed circles for some reason in the beginning.

3.IMO the most likely explanation, people have found better ways to create this hoax, competing with each other for their moment of fame when their circle is recognized as genius or extraterrestrial. The hoaxers are striving to take it to the next level. Someone could have found that design on the internet to represent Pi or they could be intelligent. Intelligent people are not above doing things others might find strange or pointless. Could be worth it out there in that corn field for the feeling of accomplishment when their work of art is featured, who knows. I agree it would take someone intelligent to pull it off but after all, the human mind was able to decode it so its not above our capabilities.

Either way, the circles are pretty to look at :)

I'm "on the fence" when it comes to the origin of crop circles. They could very well be alien but there is one thing that puzzles me. I could be wrong, but I think the crop circles started out really crudely made and simple compared to what we find today. Once the crop circle phenomena became known, all of the sudden we started seeing more complex designs. When they were getting their 5 minutes of fame and more publicized, we stared seeing even better mathematical coded circles like this Pi one. This can be explained three ways:

2.The aliens figured we were too dumb to read complex circles in the beginning. They saw we were catching on and started making better ones or they did not require detailed circles for some reason in the beginning.

3.IMO the most likely explanation, people have found better ways to create this hoax, competing with each other for their moment of fame when their circle is recognized as genius or extraterrestrial. The hoaxers are striving to take it to the next level. Someone could have found that design on the internet to represent Pi or they could be intelligent. Intelligent people are not above doing things others might find strange or pointless. Could be worth it out there in that corn field for the feeling of accomplishment when their work of art is featured, who knows. I agree it would take someone intelligent to pull it off but after all, the human mind was able to decode it so its not above our capabilities.

I think they are made by people that have technology that the general public do not know about. I think that their technology has evolved over the years to give is these increasingly complex circles.

In the long term I think they will probably be used to deceive people into believing in UFO's and aliens. It's a very interesting phenomenon and I'd really like to hear an informed opinion pertaining to the molucular alteration.

I was looking around the net for some possible graphic that represents pi and i did not find any, anyone else want to try? But after looking around for a while there is only bits and pieces on what and image representing pi may look like.

I was looking around the net for some possible graphic that represents pi and i did not find any, anyone else want to try? But after looking around for a while there is only bits and pieces on what and image representing pi may look like.

I don't think it's the kind of thing that would come in very useful in many situations so a graphic would not be likely to be produced. It's almost as if the makers of this new circle are simply using that fundamental equation to show off their abilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if this crop circle is the only graphical depction of pi.

i totally agree man made ;)

this is very exciting indeed

who ever says this is man made has never tried creating 150ft crop circle in the dark without making any noise AND have all the markings made as perfect as they are. common please wake up!

Edited by Open your mind

Very clever design, yet so simple once it's explained.

Darkwind, not if the molecular structure is altered. Moreover, the stalks are not actually crushed or broken in genuine crop circles.

There is no mention of an altered molecular structure.

And by genuine, do you mean a crop circle made by extra-terrestrials?

By that definition, crop circles are a myth right alongside that of bigfoot.

this is very exciting indeed

who ever says this is man made has never tried creating 150ft crop circle in the dark without making any noise AND have all the markings made as perfect as they are. common please wake up!

You're assuming this was made silently in the dark which is not necessarily the case. There are reference lines that can be temporarily laid down to guide the artists in their markings. If done properly, this can be made very accurately using a printout for reference and some measurement tools. By no means easy, but practice makes perfect.

A conclusion based upon an assumption is nothing more than a guess. I am awake, thank you.

Edited by crtbud

I think for this to be man-made it is very difficult to create with such accuracy and perfection at the middle of the night, but with today's technology it is possible. And as someone commented, it is probably the work of some knowledge full guy, but then why would they waste their time doing this, I think there must a group of like-minded people composed of both intellectual and not so intellectual guys enjoying making these crop circles. Then I would praise the guys for making such a complicated thing in such a huge scale and appreciate the beauty of this mathematical art.

But on the other hand, I believe this is not created by humans (I guess you don't doubt their existence, or do you?). Because there are even many claims of people who have witnessed the formations of crop circles. Some of the reported white lights hovering in mid-air and then fly away leaving a perfect crop circle. There is even a case when the crop circle was created in mid-day and the owner of the farm was completely speechless, because just 5 mins before he saw the farm was without any crop circle. How would you explain these? And if you are saying, that if have such high technology Aliens' why would they come to make a not-so-interesting thing such as crop circle? Well, we don't know what purpose these crop circles hold, maybe these are sort of targets from space or they just want to amaze us showing-off their skills. But if this one is created by Aliens then it is kinda creepy because it is a representation of Pi. Is the value of Pi, know throughtout the whole of the Universe? Or Aliens stole our mathematical knowledge. I think the value of Pi is not a constant throught the whole of the Universe (thats a matter of dimensions and theory of relativity).

Well, talking Occam's Razor would simply wipe out the possibility that it is created by aliens. But I LIKE to believe that it is created by aliens

Edited by Exterminator

I wish the folks here would post more than just "man made" otherwise this doesn't become an investigation where we pool the resources of our respectively held data, it just becomes some chit chat.

Very clever design, yet so simple once it's explained.

There is no mention of an altered molecular structure.

And by genuine, do you mean a crop circle made by extra-terrestrials?

By that definition, crop circles are a myth right alongside that of bigfoot.

With respect, you haven't researched this very thoroughly.

With respect, you haven't researched this very thoroughly.

You are correct.

I've taken some time looking into different crop circles briefly, as well as techniques used for making them (with boards and guide lines). I have also read about cases in which the molecular composition was rearranged at the bent section of the stalks (very peculiar). I was pointing out that there was no mention of that in this case. There is also no conclusive proof that crop circles are the result of extra-terrestrials, nor is there proof that they are even visiting us.

So that being said, what's your point?

I suspect we're being visited by ETs... I would actually be comforted in the knowledge that they are. But, as of yet, that hasn't been proven yet so I won't take it as such.

Edited by crtbud

I think they're man made, based on the interview with the two old geezers who admitted to making the first ones discovered, back in the early 90's.

It's like the old ladies with the Cottingley Fairies - people don't want to believe. It would be beautiful if there really were fairies at the bottom of the garden and space ships leaving us beautiful patterns in our fields - it's a nice way to introduce yourself.

I was lucky enough to see some when we went to Stonehenge a couple of years ago, they're just lovely.

I guess you don't doubt their existence, or do you?

Yes, I do! And why wouldn't I? Do you have any (ANY) proof of the opposite ? The time when it was kind of cool to "free your mind and BELIEVE in aliens" is long behind us. Reality is, we don't see any proof of their existence. And some lonely farmer telling the world about his altered crop fields is hardly a conclusive proof...

I do think there is some sort of life out there in our universe, but they sure as hell don't fly around other planets leaving imprints in crop fields... :)

How about they maybe some kind of sign from a far of planet. Travelling through space for years and finally hitting our planet. Maybe if you stood in the middle of each one at the approximate time they appeared and looked into space they would all point to the same area.

Jut read that back and realized it would not work. Was thinking along the lines of the pyramids and how they went back in time to see what the stars were like above egypt at the time if you know what I mean.......

Edited by hairytoes