Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most complex crop circle ever discovered in UK

UM-Bot

I think they ARE aliens, and we need to hunt them down and kill them! So inconsiderate! Traveling who knows how many light years, Sneaking in in the dead of night, vandalizing our planet, destroying our crops, and then sneaking out again before we see or detect them. HOW DARE THEY!!!!

Do you think we would travel to their planet and spray paint a bunch of graffitti on their walls and houses. I think not!

Yup, must be aliens.................... :alien:

Edited by www375

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonnyC

• iSeeDeadPpl!

• crtDzyn

• RipeFRuit

So I take it that since you are the one making the more extraordinary claim, then you must have some pretty convincing evidence that some crop circles are made by aliens?

The burden of proof is on you.

What's more likely? That aliens travelled all the way here, or sent some kind of technology to make crop circles in the dead of night, or this is the work of a group of people who just enjoy making crop circles for fun?

You don't think that having people admitting to have created some of the "unexplainable" crop circles, explaining exactly how they did it, and those techniques being reproduced for television; or the fact that crop circles using similar techniques are used as advertising for companies gives any insight into who exactly is behind these great mysteries?

I love it how whenever one of these things appear there is always some unknown scientist saying how "mind boggling" it is, or how "it could NEVER be created by human hands". Please.... You really think aliens came all the way here to make this simplistic design in a barley field to tell us "pi". If they had the technology to come here and manipulate the environment you don't think they'd be able to send a bit more information? And with a bit less primitive technique?

Don't let your desperation of wanting to believe in alien life get in the way of good evidence-based judgement.

I couldn't have said this better myself. Not that I'm skeptical on the idea civilized extra-terrestrial life thrives somewhere in the universe, but the probable answer for crop circle formations are man-made.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

ok scientist say that the crops "melted" into that shape in a matter of seconds with some intesne microwaves. And crop circles are typically done instantly. There have been many cases where a helicoter flies by a an area after an hour and then says "oo look theres a crop circle." And lastly who the hell has the money to be creating all these crop circles year after year in different parts of the world??

man-made nothing

Edited by Open your mind

ok scientist say that the crops "melted" into that shape in a matter of seconds with some intesne microwaves. And crop circles are typically done instantly. There have been many cases where a helicoter flies by a an area after an hour and then says "oo look theres a crop circle." And lastly who the hell has the money to be creating all these crop circles year after year in different parts of the world??

man-made nothing

Whose mind's closed?

Edited by crtbud

I'm also realistic. its easier to believe aliens from another planet did this than an elaborate team of artists and engineers. who has the better motive?

man-made nothing

How do you figure they are done in seconds? With microwaves?

How much money does it take to cross the town and create a crop circle?

How much money does it take to cross the galaxy and create a crop circle?

If you were going to go through all of the effort to cross the entire galactic distance to get to another planet, wouldnt you make a better contact effort than something than has been hoaxed repeatedly? Maybe land on a lawn of a leaders home? Send a fruit basket from a nearby solar system? Something a bit more substantial that couldnt be replicated with modern engineering?

It goes under the old saying of "when you hear the galloping of hooves, think of horses, not zebras".

You are throwing some pretty hefty speculation out there regarding how fast they "typically" get done. I'd love to see you back that up with evidence and not just speculation.

I'm also realistic. its easier to believe aliens from another planet did this than an elaborate team of artists and engineers. who has the better motive?

That gives me a good gauge of your judgement and I thank you for that. I can now stop expecting logical posts from you.

"An elaborate team or artists and engineers"

:lol:

has anyone ever seen a photo of a partially completed circle..

wonder why not,,

after all these years ...

well the stems have holes on them from the steam inside the crop circle poping out. this could only happen under extreme heat in a short period of time

I would have interpreted crop circles as a way of easy communication to the world without everyone peeing their pants

To what i know, we don't have any technology that could reproduce this without breaking a few crops here and there

maybe I went to far with the engineers and artists thing... just throwing it out there :)

Edited by Open your mind

It goes under the old saying of "when you hear the galloping of hooves, think of horses, not zebras".

I love that quote. Who said it???

The burden of proof is on you.

I just love the way skeptics always say that for lack of arguments... "The burden of proof is on you."... The burden of truth is as much on the beleivers as it is on the skeptics. Believers have no proofs that it's ET, skeptics have no proof it's man made. It's a draw. Personally, I prefer the interdimensional energy beam theory on some of them which have weird radioactive readings inside the circles and bent or deformed stems, not broken stems made with a stumping board. Those two old coots with their plywood boards can't deform stems. I also don't have any proof, so there, my interdimension energy beam theory is as valid as anyone else's... :P

I love that quote. Who said it???

Me :P

I dont know actually, it has been around for a very long time...my dad used to say it...

well theres the theory that lightening did it

humans can't take credit for everything

Edited by Open your mind

well theres the theory that lightening did it

humans can't take credit for everything

Someone should ask Al Goof if global warming has anything to do with it. I'd suspect he would write a documentary on the subject if he could make a few more millions from the gullibles :yes:

now that you mention it....

I think they ARE aliens, and we need to hunt them down and kill them! So inconsiderate! Traveling who knows how many light years, Sneaking in in the dead of night, vandalizing our planet, destroying our crops, and then sneaking out again before we see or detect them. HOW DARE THEY!!!!

Do you think we would travel to their planet and spray paint a bunch of graffitti on their walls and houses. I think not!

Yup, must be aliens.................... :alien:

YEAH! What he says.

Stupid crop killing aliens!

I wonder why there isn't forest circles?

What an obvious yet so easily overlooked point... :D

(humans aren't that tall)

YEAH! What he says.

Stupid crop killing aliens!

Yup, exactly what i said on the last page, forest circles would be something! But I still stick with if it was aliens then they choose crops because it is so easy to 'draw' think about it where else would you make a galactic message? Somewhere where it is EASILY READABLE. Where else on earth are you gonna find a place like this?

So came forest circles

desert circles? nah, everyone knows desert circle would be covered up so fast cause of desert winds.

Wait...who the hell can scale up one-tenths of average measurements to one-tenths in a 150ft diameter crop circle? Witch BTW has a 17671ft area.

A ) it was created by a intellectual team of man (or one man) using large (sophisticated?) measuring instruments to measure exactly in one-tenths representing pi in a 150 ft circle. Then that team or one man use boards and such to bend the crop circles one step at a time as they measure....can anyone say time consuming???

OR

B ) Created by aliens.

BOTH sound crazy, BOTH are possible.....

Edited by RipeFRuit

BOTH sound crazy, BOTH are possible.....

Occam's growing a five-o-clock shadow................

I like the point about never having seen an incomplete crop circle, and sure enough I can't find one on google image search.

Would people have been able to create these for so many years without anybody having caught them in the act? I mean, usually they seem to happen in a remote area, but not always. And even so, helicopters and planes fly over remote areas all the time, have they ever seen one being created?

I have no doubt it's possible to create crop circles like this, but that doesn't mean all of them are created by man. On the other side, it doesn't mean that all of them are created by aliens either. I have no opinion about which is the correct argument to go with, because I don't have enough evidence to judge this on.

Seems interesting, though...

Would people have been able to create these for so many years without anybody having caught them in the act?

Probably why they don't get too many of them around Texas. They'd get shot on sight... :)

I grew up on a farm. 6 sq. miles of wheat, soy, corn and oat. I can tell you that pranksters would have gotten their butts shut with coarse salt filled shells if my old dad got close to them...

Edit:

looking at cropcircleconnector.com the circle is about 300 feet diam, not 150 feet as mentioned in the article

also pics attached of the stems. not broken

linked-image

linked-image

Images Anthony James Copyright 2008 & Crop Circle Connector

Edited by Sag!ttarius

I just love the way skeptics always say that for lack of arguments... "The burden of proof is on you."... The burden of truth is as much on the beleivers as it is on the skeptics. Believers have no proofs that it's ET, skeptics have no proof it's man made. It's a draw. Personally, I prefer the interdimensional energy beam theory on some of them which have weird radioactive readings inside the circles and bent or deformed stems, not broken stems made with a stumping board. Those two old coots with their plywood boards can't deform stems. I also don't have any proof, so there, my interdimension energy beam theory is as valid as anyone else's... :P

No. It's not a draw.

On the same line of argument I could say "Ancient creatures that evolved separately from humans under the ocean came up and made them before diving back under the ocean. You can't prove me wrong. It's a draw." Just because you can't come up with a decent explanation, it doesn't mean you should jump to wild conclusions.

"The burden of proof is on you" isn't just a catch-phrase. It really is. If you want to make extraordinary claim, you'd better have good reasoning and evidence. Usually the most likely explanation is the simplest.

Is it really so unfathomable to believe that some people out there with the time, resources and skill would create these things? Is the thought of aliens doing this really a simpler explanation for you?

When you see a magician do a magic trick that defies YOUR explanation do you assume there's something you don't know, or that he's really magic?

Now I most certainly believe that alien life exists somewhere in the universe. And I'm willing to entertain the possibility that they may have visited our planet. But to communicate through crop circles? I don't think so.

- Original crop circles were simple, and have improved over time. If aliens had the technology to create crop cirlces, don't you think they would have been creating complex ones from the beginning? If their technology is so advanced to travel across the universe, what difference would a few years make in their ability to create crop circles?

- People have admitted to creating them, and shown the techniques they used.

- You can make a crop circle without even entering the field by using pegs, wires, and staying within the tractor roads.

- As mind-boggling as it is, human beings really do have the technology to bend crops without breaking the stems. Heat makes things bendable. I know. Amazing isn't it? /sarcasm

- Most crop circles appear in the US and UK. The same place where people have admitted to being hoaxers. People also make crop circles as advertising for companies. And amazingly enough they look pretty similar to "genuine" crop circles.

- Why do I never hear about crop circles in major media? Why don't they ever have opinions from credible sources? And why do they always neglect to report on minor details such as human tracks in the tractor lanes, or residents reporting helicopters in the area? I know, I know.... government conspiracy, right?

- Why are they always flawed? I saw one that showed a message in binary. Some of the digits were unreadable. Some of the corners were shaped differently from others. Why? Wouldn't that suggest it was done by hand?

- Why are they always so simple and archaic. Why would aliens make a picture of an alien face and a binary representation of a picture next to it? If they can create a detailed face, why bother drawing the other one in binary?

- Pi? Seriously. Pi??? Is that supposed to be impressive? And to make it into a crappy circular design..... Why would an alien do that? Sure it looks impressive to idiots, but if you're the kind of person who enjoys codes and puzzles, it's boring at best.

I would love to go on, but I'm just going off the information that's in my head. I've done enough research to satisfy my own mind that crop circles are crap. Just look at some sceptic sites. Listen to what the guys from SETI have to say.

Now, I would like you to present your evidence that crop circles are created by extra-terrestrials so that I may rip it to shreds.

Zombielove, that's probably the most useful post yet in this thread. Finally some valid, and mostly very strong points for one side of the argument!

Yes, I do! And why wouldn't I? Do you have any (ANY) proof of the opposite ? The time when it was kind of cool to "free your mind and BELIEVE in aliens" is long behind us. Reality is, we don't see any proof of their existence. And some lonely farmer telling the world about his altered crop fields is hardly a conclusive proof...

I do think there is some sort of life out there in our universe, but they sure as hell don't fly around other planets leaving imprints in crop fields... :)

See, you said you think there is some sort of life out there, then its not hard to imagine that few of them are 'intelligent enough' to fly around to other planets because there are so many of them. Much like in an huge apple garden, you will find apples of all stages, new ones, ripe ones, eaten ones, bug infected ones,etc.

There are probably so many civilizations existing out there, that even if we consider most of them living in stone ages, few will come out to be thousand times more intelligent than us. And sure why can't they fly around in space to other planets...

we ourselves went on moon, and sent probes on mars.... ^_^

The main point is... there are so many cases of crop circles, but not even once the creator has been caught red-handed if these are man-made and I haven't heard of any crop circles half made or poorly made. I don't think every time, they do their job perfectly.. we are humans, aren't we? We are bound to do mistakes...

Edited by Exterminator

If it is 300 ft that the area would be 70685ft that's a large crop circle.

Now I think it is pretty simple that we don't who or what did this, zombielove pointed out the obvious aspects of this argument for both sides very well and I agree with him/her 100%. Now lets get some scientists/experts/whoever down there and conduct tests to suit both sides, that being either if it is extraterrestrial or man made.