Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most complex crop circle ever discovered in UK

UM-Bot

So I take it that since you are the one making the more extraordinary claim, then you must have some pretty convincing evidence that some crop circles are made by aliens?

The burden of proof is on you.

What's more likely? That aliens travelled all the way here, or sent some kind of technology to make crop circles in the dead of night, or this is the work of a group of people who just enjoy making crop circles for fun?

You don't think that having people admitting to have created some of the "unexplainable" crop circles, explaining exactly how they did it, and those techniques being reproduced for television; or the fact that crop circles using similar techniques are used as advertising for companies gives any insight into who exactly is behind these great mysteries?

I love it how whenever one of these things appear there is always some unknown scientist saying how "mind boggling" it is, or how "it could NEVER be created by human hands". Please.... You really think aliens came all the way here to make this simplistic design in a barley field to tell us "pi". If they had the technology to come here and manipulate the environment you don't think they'd be able to send a bit more information? And with a bit less primitive technique?

Don't let your desperation of wanting to believe in alien life get in the way of good evidence-based judgement.

I'm not saying that crop circles are created by aliens. Nor am I saying that there created by man. I'm saying just keep an open mind. Don't deny any possiblities. Keep other possiblities open as well as the possiblity that some crop circles are created by man.

And besides what's so wrong or bad about believing in the possiblity of alien life anyway. I personally think that it would be lonly and ignorant to think that were the only ones in the universe.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonnyC

• iSeeDeadPpl!

• crtDzyn

• RipeFRuit

i totally agree man made ;)

I'm not saying that all crop circles are created by man. Nor am I saying that all crop circles are created by aliens. I'm just saying keep an open mind to other possiblities as well as the possiblity that some crop circles are man made.

:D

You are correct.

I've taken some time looking into different crop circles briefly, as well as techniques used for making them (with boards and guide lines). I have also read about cases in which the molecular composition was rearranged at the bent section of the stalks (very peculiar). I was pointing out that there was no mention of that in this case. There is also no conclusive proof that crop circles are the result of extra-terrestrials, nor is there proof that they are even visiting us.

So that being said, what's your point?

I suspect we're being visited by ETs... I would actually be comforted in the knowledge that they are. But, as of yet, that hasn't been proven yet so I won't take it as such.

Thanks for your response.

But bud, wouldn't you agree that the proof of alteration at a molecular level, as well as the fact that the storks lay down and are not broken in genuine circles completely disbands the alegations that these phenomenon are made by fakers?

ok scientist say that the crops "melted" into that shape in a matter of seconds with some intesne microwaves. And crop circles are typically done instantly. There have been many cases where a helicoter flies by a an area after an hour and then says "oo look theres a crop circle." And lastly who the hell has the money to be creating all these crop circles year after year in different parts of the world??

man-made nothing

Good post.

How do you figure they are done in seconds? With microwaves?

How much money does it take to cross the town and create a crop circle?

How much money does it take to cross the galaxy and create a crop circle?

If you were going to go through all of the effort to cross the entire galactic distance to get to another planet, wouldnt you make a better contact effort than something than has been hoaxed repeatedly? Maybe land on a lawn of a leaders home? Send a fruit basket from a nearby solar system? Something a bit more substantial that couldnt be replicated with modern engineering?

It goes under the old saying of "when you hear the galloping of hooves, think of horses, not zebras".

You are throwing some pretty hefty speculation out there regarding how fast they "typically" get done. I'd love to see you back that up with evidence and not just speculation.

Concerning one appearing at a leaders house, one did appear in the British Prime minister's garden whilst his whole estate was under heavy guard - as if to prove that it could be done. That Prime Minister was John Major.

well the stems have holes on them from the steam inside the crop circle poping out. this could only happen under extreme heat in a short period of time

I would have interpreted crop circles as a way of easy communication to the world without everyone peeing their pants

To what i know, we don't have any technology that could reproduce this without breaking a few crops here and there

maybe I went to far with the engineers and artists thing... just throwing it out there :)

...whereas fakers use rollers. Rollers!!! Slightly more rudimentary.

No. It's not a draw.

On the same line of argument I could say "Ancient creatures that evolved separately from humans under the ocean came up and made them before diving back under the ocean. You can't prove me wrong. It's a draw." Just because you can't come up with a decent explanation, it doesn't mean you should jump to wild conclusions.

"The burden of proof is on you" isn't just a catch-phrase. It really is. If you want to make extraordinary claim, you'd better have good reasoning and evidence. Usually the most likely explanation is the simplest.

Is it really so unfathomable to believe that some people out there with the time, resources and skill would create these things? Is the thought of aliens doing this really a simpler explanation for you?

When you see a magician do a magic trick that defies YOUR explanation do you assume there's something you don't know, or that he's really magic?

Now I most certainly believe that alien life exists somewhere in the universe. And I'm willing to entertain the possibility that they may have visited our planet. But to communicate through crop circles? I don't think so.

- Original crop circles were simple, and have improved over time. If aliens had the technology to create crop cirlces, don't you think they would have been creating complex ones from the beginning? If their technology is so advanced to travel across the universe, what difference would a few years make in their ability to create crop circles?

- People have admitted to creating them, and shown the techniques they used.

- You can make a crop circle without even entering the field by using pegs, wires, and staying within the tractor roads.

- As mind-boggling as it is, human beings really do have the technology to bend crops without breaking the stems. Heat makes things bendable. I know. Amazing isn't it? /sarcasm

- Most crop circles appear in the US and UK. The same place where people have admitted to being hoaxers. People also make crop circles as advertising for companies. And amazingly enough they look pretty similar to "genuine" crop circles.

- Why do I never hear about crop circles in major media? Why don't they ever have opinions from credible sources? And why do they always neglect to report on minor details such as human tracks in the tractor lanes, or residents reporting helicopters in the area? I know, I know.... government conspiracy, right?

- Why are they always flawed? I saw one that showed a message in binary. Some of the digits were unreadable. Some of the corners were shaped differently from others. Why? Wouldn't that suggest it was done by hand?

- Why are they always so simple and archaic. Why would aliens make a picture of an alien face and a binary representation of a picture next to it? If they can create a detailed face, why bother drawing the other one in binary?

- Pi? Seriously. Pi??? Is that supposed to be impressive? And to make it into a crappy circular design..... Why would an alien do that? Sure it looks impressive to idiots, but if you're the kind of person who enjoys codes and puzzles, it's boring at best.

I would love to go on, but I'm just going off the information that's in my head. I've done enough research to satisfy my own mind that crop circles are crap. Just look at some sceptic sites. Listen to what the guys from SETI have to say.

Now, I would like you to present your evidence that crop circles are created by extra-terrestrials so that I may rip it to shreds.

This is not a good post because it is not creative. To state that 'crop circles are crap' is ignorant. You aren't thinking at the right level out of your desire to be vapid. If your post was a good post it would suggest ways in which the existing technology that you refer to is used to bend the stalks of the corn.

The main point is... there are so many cases of crop circles, but not even once the creator has been caught red-handed if these are man-made and I haven't heard of any crop circles half made or poorly made.

My, I don't think you're kidding. Sorry for you.

"Various hypotheses have been offered to explain their formation, ranging from the naturalistic to the paranormal. Naturalistic explanations include man-made hoaxes or geological anomalies, while paranormal explanations include formation by UFOs. Many circles are known to be man-made,[6][7][8] such as those created by Doug Bower, Dave Chorley, and John Lundberg, and a 2000 study into circle hoaxing concluded that 80 percent of UK circles were definitely man-made.

Bower and Chorley were awarded an Ig Nobel Prize in 1992 for their crop circle hoaxing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circle

and a 2000 study into circle hoaxing concluded that 80 percent of UK circles were definitely man-made.

Source?

I'm "on the fence" when it comes to the origin of crop circles. They could very well be alien but there is one thing that puzzles me. I could be wrong, but I think the crop circles started out really crudely made and simple compared to what we find today. Once the crop circle phenomena became known, all of the sudden we started seeing more complex designs. When they were getting their 5 minutes of fame and more publicized, we stared seeing even better mathematical coded circles like this Pi one. This can be explained three ways:

1.The aliens suddenly became smarter and started making better circles.

2.The aliens figured we were too dumb to read complex circles in the beginning. They saw we were catching on and started making better ones or they did not require detailed circles for some reason in the beginning.

3.IMO the most likely explanation, people have found better ways to create this hoax, competing with each other for their moment of fame when their circle is recognized as genius or extraterrestrial. The hoaxers are striving to take it to the next level. Someone could have found that design on the internet to represent Pi or they could be intelligent. Intelligent people are not above doing things others might find strange or pointless. Could be worth it out there in that corn field for the feeling of accomplishment when their work of art is featured, who knows. I agree it would take someone intelligent to pull it off but after all, the human mind was able to decode it so its not above our capabilities.

Either way, the circles are pretty to look at :)

Fair point but with point number 3, they dong get there minute of fame because no one ever comes forward an proves they did it. so there reasons must be totally there own, if they are man made.

Source?

Was available at the Wiki article, but just for you: ^ a b c Spignesi, Stephen J. and Andrews, Colin (2003) "Crop Circles: Signs of Contact", Career Press, P154, ISBN 156414674X

linked-image

man-made nothing

man-made nothing

Heh! You're point is those pretty pictures aren't man made? Occam and his razor think otherwise..............

This is not a good post because it is not creative. To state that 'crop circles are crap' is ignorant. You aren't thinking at the right level out of your desire to be vapid. If your post was a good post it would suggest ways in which the existing technology that you refer to is used to bend the stalks of the corn.

I was actually hoping you would show me some evidence that proves I'm wrong.

Italian sceptics debunk crop circle radiation claim

Was this created by aliens too?

And this?

Read this

How to make a crop circle wiki

How to explain crop circles

"It's possible to hoax bent stems using for instance wood-bending technology."

This was the most interesting article I've come across so far.

Crop circles: Military use of a microwave laser beam cannon

Can some of you believers please show me a "genuine" crop circle? I want to see one that is made up completely of bent stems, has a complex design, and is backed up by scientific investigation.

Edited by zombielove

And this?

Read this

Can some of you believers please show me a "genuine" crop circle? I want to see one that is made up completely of bent stems, has a complex design, and is backed up by scientific investigation.

Nice articles :], but I don't think there is any light portable technology that can bend stems with a portable power supply that can easily be carried. Wood bending machines are large require lots of energy. Is there any pictures of 'genuine' crop circle bent stalks that are compared to hoaxed ones, that way we can see the differences between the bent stalks. And why would military microwave cannons shoot geometric patterns into corn fields anyway? And is this cannon in the sky? because if it was shot form the ground wouldn't we see a path leading up to these designs? And of course some, maybe most are hoaxes, but some look to dazzling to make me believe all of them are fake (fake as in human made).

( got the crop circle from picture from open your mind's post)

For instance the bottom look at the comparison, the crop circle and the magnetic field look exactly alike.

linked-image

Any explanations for that?

Edited by RipeFRuit

My, I don't think you're kidding. Sorry for you.

"Various hypotheses have been offered to explain their formation, ranging from the naturalistic to the paranormal. Naturalistic explanations include man-made hoaxes or geological anomalies, while paranormal explanations include formation by UFOs. Many circles are known to be man-made,[6][7][8] such as those created by Doug Bower, Dave Chorley, and John Lundberg, and a 2000 study into circle hoaxing concluded that 80 percent of UK circles were definitely man-made.

Bower and Chorley were awarded an Ig Nobel Prize in 1992 for their crop circle hoaxing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circle

Well, thanks for the info, I ought to have read about the crop circles on the net before discussing. But what about the complex ones, the ones shown above by other users... I don't think they are man-made. what do you think.?

ok skeptics, name one person that has to money and the power to cross borders across the world creating crop circles in secret (obviously in secret cause they're ruining farmers crops) whcih are (in a marketer's perspective) meaningless. And continue to do this for so many 100's of years.

Well, thanks for the info, I ought to have read about the crop circles on the net before discussing. But what about the complex ones, the ones shown above by other users... I don't think they are man-made. what do you think.?

Personally, I think they're man-made. That's far and away the most logical explanation. Occam's Razor at work.

ok skeptics, name one person that has to money and the power to cross borders across the world creating crop circles in secret (obviously in secret cause they're ruining farmers crops) whcih are (in a marketer's perspective) meaningless. And continue to do this for so many 100's of years.

Who says it is just one group of people in one area?

How much money does it cost to stomp down stalks of wheat?

NONE of the stalks are broken, so its not people just steping on them its people holding a hair dryer for 10 hours on each crop..... or something else...

Edited by Open your mind

Probably why they don't get too many of them around Texas. They'd get shot on sight... :)

I grew up on a farm. 6 sq. miles of wheat, soy, corn and oat. I can tell you that pranksters would have gotten their butts shut with coarse salt filled shells if my old dad got close to them...

Edit:

looking at cropcircleconnector.com the circle is about 300 feet diam, not 150 feet as mentioned in the article

also pics attached of the stems. not broken

linked-image

linked-image

Images Anthony James Copyright 2008 & Crop Circle Connector

Those images right there nullify any suggestion of faking being done by any known technology. Technology like, er, big rollers.

And this?

Read this

Zombie, that bottom link is very interesting. If you've read that, there's your answer concerning the determination of 'real' cirlces.

Sorry, I was in the middle of replying to this a few days ago, but got bored and quit.

This was the main article I was looking at:

randi.org

"The two hoaxers were Róbert Dallos and Gábor Takács. They were high school students who had read about crop circles in the newspapers and decided to make their very own. As students of agriculture, they knew that wet grass can be bent without breaking it, and they had noted heavy rains just before the night of June 8, when they created the figure. That was two weeks before the helicopter pilot discovered it."

If a couple of kids can work out one way to bend stalks without breaking them, I'm sure a bunch of guys who have been doing it for years, have equipment and money could find a more convincing way.

The wildest theory I'm willing to go to is the military satellite microwave laser beam. But even that's stretching it. I don't see anything to link crop circles to extra-terrestrials.

Most of them are just really badly done hoaxes. The rest are slightly better done hoaxes. Just because you can't disprove something, it doesn't mean you should go jumping to wild conclusions. Gather more evidence before you start speculating.