Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God

Diebytheflyguy

Do u believe God/Jesus really existed?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do u believe God/Jesus really existed?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't know.

I voted that they do exist. I could be wrong here, but I think I saw something on the Discovery Channel where they proved the existence of Jesus. And stories from the Old Testament, such as Noah's Ark, shouldn't be taken literally, but should be viewed as guidelines for leading a good life.

Yes i saw part of that to... There is no proof Jesus existed. That show was the search for Noahs Ark and not Jesus. They believe they found the ark because of boat wreckage near a mountain. They are assuming this is the Ark but they have also said that it could be a Viking ship

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• DreamRebel

• SilverCougar

• Novo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i saw part of that to... There is no proof Jesus existed. That show was the search for Noahs Ark and not Jesus. They believe they found the ark because of boat wreckage near a mountain. They are assuming this is the Ark but they have also said that it could be a Viking ship

No, it wasn't that one. The show also had something about a dagger that supposedly stabbed Jesus.

Ok but i dont know if they would make two different episodes on the same topic but...

I voted that they do exist. I could be wrong here, but I think I saw something on the Discovery Channel where they proved the existence of Jesus. And stories from the Old Testament, such as Noah's Ark, shouldn't be taken literally, but should be viewed as guidelines for leading a good life.

A viking's ship? On a mountain.

That has to be a pretty old viking's ship....

Not saying I think it is the Ark.. but, the viking's ship seems kinda just as far fetched.

What I found rather intresting was, through all the stories and legends I've read, most being Native American, both North and South... that many old old..ok anceint.. areas have some kind of "flood" story.

Now, weither or not these are accual old old anceint stories, or influenced by the Spainards that started to try and convert the natives... Hard to say since it's a common theme straight up to the NW coast...

In the NW, it was Raven that helped humans survive the flood... in the SW, Coyote...

South America it was one of their many gods.

Point of this? How can Noah and everything in his ark be the only survivors, if there are many many tales of the same base, ei: huge flood that covered the whole world?

*edit* This should be in the Crypto: Have you seen and been attacked by the Typo Goblin?

Edited by SilverCougar

It was near the base of the mountain... back then the world was different... the water was probably higher cause our oceans are getting lower each year.

It was near the base of the mountain... back then the world was different... the water was probably higher cause our oceans are getting lower each year.

Ah.. see, I was thinking out of the pictures I've seen. They all kinda look like it's on top of the mountain.

I would still go with Viking boat... Vikings and Pirates rock..yar... grin2.gif

*edit* ... *beats the ever living...out of the Typo Goblin*

Edited by SilverCougar

Do you have any of the pictures.. cause it could be near the base of the mountain. If you take a picture you could take one just above the ground and tree line, and it could look like its higher up.

"The Diocese of Yakima, Wash., said in a news release yesterday that the survey compiled by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice found 4,392 of the 109,694 clergy who served over that five-decade period faced allegations of abuse.

The survey was overseen by the National Review Board, a lay watchdog panel the bishops formed at the height of the abuse crisis. Dioceses across the United States received 10,667 abuse claims since 1950, the news release said. Of those, claims by 6,700 were substantiated. Another 3,300 were not investigated because the accused clergymen were dead. Another 1,000 claims proved to be unsubstantiated, the diocese said."

I know its in another reply i wrote, but not many people read this probably.. but what is with this?

I dont see it. is there evidence of animal life (bones) around the boat? and what exactly happened, did it just crash into the mountain and thats it?

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

I must be blind then (eyewise) cause i dont see it... do u want to get the picture and circle on paint and re-post it.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

...*shudders* there IS proof that a Man named Jesus DID exist that he DID die on the cross for the sins of man wether or not he and every other person was hallucinating with everything they saw and he just thought he was doing this it is historical fact that a man named Jesus was thought to be the messiah by thousands of people and was sabotaged by the church of the time and ended up on a cross in front of his followers and some of his enemys.

Oh wow, a ship was found on a mountain. Cause you know how two of every animal could fit onto the ship and have all the supplies necessary...cause of course no other ships were used back then... and all I see is dirt.

Ok so this is good, we are no closed down, yet. So I’ll be keep talking.

All religions have an ugly side, it’s sad the these priest have down such unthinkable horror, and it’s so much worse the church officials haven’t really done whole about for until now.

I believe that the message of most scripter is truly beautiful. WE SHOULD LOVE EACH OTHER, even those who wish to cause us harm, and people who we can’t understand, or don’t agree with their lifestyles, choices, etc.

I understand your disenchantment with the politics of org. religions, and the yahoo’s that are in charge, especially how they manipulate, brainwash, and cause them harm, because their point view is conflicting, I feel the same way. But those people should not be looked as they are the only rep. of their philosophy. Their some truly great clergymen out there, that no matter what you believe or do not, will always lend a ear. `

As for the existence of Jesus, stop think for a while. Would you believe Jesus was a real person, if no one had made the claim that he was the son of god, Maybe he was just a really cool guy who for no reason had this voice in his head told him, he get much further by doing good instead bad. Would be that he was real if just was man bring the word of god? How about Moses who wrote basic golden rule, and good advise? Buddha, told us have compassion for each other, Muhammad he said no matter what we our soul belongs to god. What of Zoroaster, the first prophet. (I do not believe in any org religion, in fact, I believe the politics of religion are here in enslave us, instead of set us free, so don’t worry about being offending me).

As for the Ark, Noah’s ark is not a new story, ever read Gilgeish, I think a lot of different religons that have a major flood story, not just Noah. Maybe they are all telling the same story. IS the ship in Mt, the Ark, who knows? Arguing with people about it, it pointless. You are never going understand where they come from, and visa versa.

Everyone believes in something, who are we to argue. In addition, if someone out gets all bent out of shape, that’s not your problem, it’s theirs.

Edited by shirini

Because your thoughts are clouded like dirt. Unwilling to look at other perspectives. Thats fine there is a place for you too as well. God created all on earth.

My thoughts are not clouded at all. I used to believe in God up until i was 13, but only beause I was afraid of hell. And thats what the church did, they used fear for followers. So I've seen both perspectives and I choose the one im at now. I find it nearly impossible to believe the Red Sea was parted (I was also said to could have been a natural disaster) or two of every animal could fit on one giant boat. And I believe science created all on earth, and everything today evolved from what we can from back then. the earth created in 7 days.. yea right.

Because your thoughts are clouded like dirt. Unwilling to look at other perspectives. Thats fine there is a place for you too as well. God created all on earth.

My thoughts are not clouded at all. I used to believe in God up until i was 13, but only beause I was afraid of hell. And thats what the church did, they used fear for followers. So I've seen both perspectives and I choose the one im at now. I find it nearly impossible to believe the Red Sea was parted (I was also said to could have been a natural disaster) or two of every animal could fit on one giant boat. And I believe science created all on earth, and everything today evolved from what we can from back then. the earth created in 7 days.. yea right.

You were afraid of hell because your a weak person.. not because of what the church preaches.. and catholics are diffrent than christians in many manners...

Forget it man. You said it best. "You must be blind". I hope for you someday your eyes work.

Settle down. I have a hard time seeing it as well.

The photo is grainy and dim, it does look like it's just a mound shaped like it is by an earthquake.

Little research yeailed information about what they found there, but still... no real solid proof that it *is* the ark aside people hoping it i, thus proclaiming it.

There are even some sites explaining that it's just a natural geological shape.

You can see anything in anything if you look hard enough. People see a vaulva in arial shots of stone hienge.

Edited by SilverCougar