Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Jesus only come for the Jews ?

Lt_Ripley

5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; 10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep. Matthew 10:5-10

"I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 15:24)

Gentile - One who is not of the Jewish faith or is of a non-Jewish nation.

then what are 'christians '? Not jews nor belonging to any lost sheep of Israel , but gentiles.

So logically the ones that Jesus is speaking for are todays Messianic Jews. People who are Jewish and believe Jesus is the Messiah.

if this is not so ...... then are the words above not Jesus's ? or other text not his ??

WOW after like 334 replies I would guessed by reasonable assumption that someone would have figured out if Jesus really did come for just Jews. :)

My mom was a Jew who believed in Jesus not as the savior at all but bretheren and a teacher who challenged the system at the time but that the message was meant for those people in that place at that time....and everyone wonders where I get my strange views from. :)

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• Jor-el

• IamsSon

• danielost

I never said it did. You really do need to work on reading what people wrote, not what you THINK they wrote.

No, it isn't. Read what I wrote.

You're stuck on the symbols and not seeing that I'm talking about what the symbols stand for.

It's even simpler when you actually read what people wrote.

:blink::unsure::mellow::huh:

I am not seeing how 2=2 equals god , or is the basis of your beleif...i am trying to work this out to gain an understanding..... so how does this equate , "a beleif" in god ?????? you were saying you 'know' god....i am asking how do you know god from 2+2=4 thats it.....

I am seriously wanting to understand..... then how is it a basis to preach salvation and give a message to me????? what do i need salvation from the law of closure??

i am stumped son...

I am not seeing how 2=2 equals god , or is the basis of your beleif...i am trying to work this out to gain an understanding..... so how does this equate , "a beleif" in god ?????? you were saying you 'know' god....i am asking how do you know god from 2+2=4 thats it.....

I am seriously wanting to understand..... then how is it a basis to preach salvation and give a message to me????? what do i need salvation from the law of closure??

i am stumped son...

I NEVER said 2+2=God, Sheri. That's why I tell you you need to read what people are actually writing, because you're embarrassing yourself. Instead of writing something else you'll misunderstand, why don't you go back and re-read, slowly what I actually wrote in the previous posts.

Frankly, I hope this is some lame attempt to ridicule what I wrote and that you're reading comprehension is really not this bad.

Edited by IamsSon

i truly meant no disrespect to you jorel, what ever path you walk is for you to decide and define... to be clear i respect your freedom to choose....

I am sharing my pov only I hope you know this....

i have seen the face of a few loved ones that have been cured of cancer my mom and my grandmother ( one of the earlier breast cancer survivors) because of modern medicine and my mom who is a devout catholic did not call this a gift from god but her fabululous medical and amazing doctors and to her hubby for working a job that provided it....

I myself have overcome asthma and a few serious skin issues that were crippling to say the least, it was a change in my diet that sparked this healing and understanding my organismn better.....

i now run i could not do this for years and my asthma attacks were so bad i was in bed for days at a time....

No disrespect taken Sheri, we can disagree and continue to be friends, that's the way it works for me (most times... :blush: )

As for the wonders of modern medicine, I quite agree... medicine is the major healer of our time and the craft should be respected by all irrespective of religious affiliation, but God does choose to intervene sometimes, but not all the time... I wouldn't know why, that is just the way it is.

I have seen some dramatic healings in my day, but miraculous ones, that is like 2 in over 10 years... (aids and paraplegic).

I NEVER said 2+2=God, Sheri. That's why I tell you you need to read what people are actually writing, because you're embarrassing yourself. Instead of writing something else you'll misunderstand, why don't you go back and re-read, slowly what I actually wrote in the previous posts.

Frankly, I hope this is some lame attempt to ridicule what I wrote and that you're reading comprehension is really not this bad.

son I have no desire to ridicule you only to understand the your posit...

i thought i have read that you have a math degree, so few like the subject or are savvy in it....

I felt, finally it is a common ground betwen us and you coudl shed some light on the 2-2=4 is a basis for a belief in god. in a subject we both know about..........

My sincerest apologys son i will start a thread as we have far too long derailed this thread......

again thankyou for your input it is much appreciated ....

son I have no desire to ridicule you only to understand the your posit...

i thought i have read that you have a math degree, so few like the subject or are savvy in it....

I felt, finally it is a common ground betwen us and you coudl shed some light on the 2-2=4 is a basis for a belief in god. in a subject we both know about..........

My sincerest apologys son i will start a thread as we have far too long derailed this thread......

again thankyou for your input it is much appreciated ....

Sheri, please read carefully. I am NOT saying that 2+2=4 is a basis for a belief in God.

Here is what I am saying:

I have a personal relationship with God. That personal experience gives me a certainty about God's existence that is as basic to me as the certainty all of us have that when you take two items and add two more items you end up with four items. I am not saying that I know God is real because 2+2=4.

^Don't worry, IamsSon, I understand what you mean. To you, your belief in God is not a "belief". It is a reality. There's no semblance of "belief" which implies not knowing. It is real and tangible, just like 2+2=4 is real to you. You're not saying 2+2=4 and so therefore God exists - that'd be silly.

Edited by Paranoid Android

^Don't worry, IamsSon, I understand what you mean. Your belief in God is not a "belief". It is a reality. There's no semblance of "belief" which implies not knowing. It is real and tangible, just like 2+2=4 is real to you. You're not saying 2+2=4 and so therefore God exists - that'd be silly.

Thank you, sir, that is exactly what I mean.

Thank you, sir, that is exactly what I mean.

Pa quotes:

I understand what you mean. Your belief in God is not a "belief". It is a reality. There's no semblance of "belief" which implies not knowing."

except you haven't established that there is a god to begin with that is what I am asking how do you have this personal relationship with god in order to make a foregone conclusion using 2+2=4..inotherwords 2+2+4 therfore i know god nto bleeif but know......

i see this is an attempt to support your claim , but you both agree pa says its silly to think 2+2 equates god and son you say this isn't what you are saying, .....okay fair enough letme ask this

how does this become a foregone conclusion of god in essence that is what certainty means correct?????

Lady R.. forgive my derailing of your thread i am gonna start one on this...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...p;#entry2385070

Edited by Supra Sheri